Why does no one here suggest krita as a software for image manipulation...

Why does no one here suggest krita as a software for image manipulation. Don't get me wrong i know it's main objective is drawing and illystrations but it has all the fearures that gimp is missing most important of which is non destructive editing (adjusment layers)

Attached: serveimage (1).png (1200x1200, 654K)

people do suggest it though, and all the big devs are moving from gimp to krita nowadays because it has so much more promise

I don't understand how gimp gets so much funding. I'd rather fund a krita fork that focus on photo/image manipulation.

it's mostly legacy funding from when gimp was the only option, people are actively moving to krita

Literally make memes in kolourpaint, I am that lazy.

It's not bad but SAI is like a million times better.

I use a linux distro, i'd rather run a native software than something through wine

kolourpaint is absolutely based

How is Krita? Is it better than Gimp? Can it compete to Photoshop?

good yes sort of

I don't edit photos. I just use pinta, a better MSpaint

>better than gimp
yes
>compete with photoshop
no, maybe it could but they don't seem to want to. They have been focused on going into illustrator terratory. But for simple meme photoshops aka not professional work it's as good as photoshop.
I don't know how good its painting utilities are, i can only vouch for its image manipulation abilities

i recommend it for a free app. its still shit though. gimp is unforgivably bad, they should move all their work to krita.

Krita is quite capable as a digital art program but to be honest GIMP 2.10 is generally the better image manipulation software compared to Krita, ideally use both of them.

GIMP can literally replace Photoshop. I'm not in the mood to go down this rabbit hole once again, but I have challenged numerous Photoshop users to produce a result from a base image, or set of images, that I could not achieve in GIMP. No one has ever stumped me.
Although the buttons may not be in the same spot, and you may not take the same approach to get there, there is literally nothing you can do in Photoshop that I couldn't do in GIMP. I know you probably don't believe me, but I'm just putting it out there.
I switched from Photoshop to GIMP over ten years ago, and I have completely adopted its workflow.
When I open Photoshop on other people's machines, it actually takes me a second to recognize the icons.

I am saying nothing about Krita, as I have not tried it, but as someone who only manipulates pictures for the purpose of advertising materials and textures for 3D models, there is literally no reason to switch to something else.

Ultimately, who gives a fuck what people suggest. It seems to me that Krita attracts more artists, while GIMP attracts more photo manipulators. If you say that Krita also has everything I need, that's wonderful, but it's like trying to sell me a new car when I'm already driving the car of my dreams. It doesn't matter that what you have is great. What I have is working for me. Until it doesn't, I'm not on the market. I'm getting shit done. The fact that everyone tries to tell everyone else what to use is asinine.

based

Just tell me how to do non destructive editing in gimp effieciently, thats all you need to convince me
I just need adjusment layers

Attached: .png (507x495, 30K)

draw me a circle

Attached: henlobird.png (499x409, 322K)

Attached: Green Capsicum Circle.jpg (600x400, 81K)

I don't care to convince you of anything. That's literally the point of my post. Why does anyone care what anyone else suggests? I don't give a shit what you use. I have been able to use GIMP to get paid for the last four years. If you prefer Photoshop or Krita, congratulations on forming your own opinion. You're a real boy now, Pinocchio.

>I have been able to use GIMP to get paid for the last four years
show me your portfolio

I wanna fuck kiki

dude just pirate photoshop lmao

get in line

Then why are you posting? Go hole up in your cave if you don't care.