Why are gaymers and cryptofags are allowed to hoard GPUs...

Why are gaymers and cryptofags are allowed to hoard GPUs? The only legitimate use of GPUs is high-performance computing for the sake of optimisation / machine learning.

Attached: download.jpg (474x289, 28K)

>being so poor you can't afford a GPU, so you end up ranting on a cantonese forum
kys

Attached: 1550809940658.jpg (800x1203, 102K)

GPUs were made to play video games

> HUR DUR LETS JUST FALL INTO LUST AND HEDONISM
Roastie mentality

Sssh. Ssssh, go find another computer forum, faggy

You have AWS and an unlimited amount of 5 year old Quadro GPUs on the market that cost next to nothing. Nvidia also owes its existence to autistic gamer drones throwing money at $1,000 sub par graphics cards, only for their quadro counterparts to be worthless a few years later.

gamers driving demand for gpus is the reason they're as good as they are in the first place for hpc applications

this, if gpus were a niche low-volume product they would costs 10x as much and innovate much slower.

>machine learning

Attached: 1561145985239.png (248x203, 18K)

What's wrong with it?

literal meme

Can you elaborate?

>art is hedoism
Fuck off

yeah, it's called statistics. memechine learning is a fuckboii tier name for normie zoomers.

Nigga stop using buzzwords and explain why it's bad.

god i wish that were me

that term replaces so.ething we already have, but retards don't understand, so they invented this dumbed down one

Are you saying it's bad because of the name and not the concept? Is it really that serious?

it's bad because that term is pointless. it would be like you not wanting to call the colour red "red"anymore, instead start calling it "strawberry-like" or some other nonsense.

AWS offers instances with teslas. Their quadro instances are pretty much useless.

Attached: 1554181565929.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

Who the fuck cares?

it's a term only retards use.

Again, even the fuck cares? I can call a TV a flashy magic box and it'll still be a fucking TV.

Yes, because refering to ML as stats+lingebra+information theory+convex optimization+control theory is so much better.

the g stand for graphics, unless you think of pie charts and bar graph i dont see how it is not appropriate for displaying real time graphics in video games.

based

i use the quadros for post-training testing sometimes because their cheaper.

there is literally nothing wrong with hedonism, hedonism is just a word moralists use to describe utilitarianism where pleasure and contentment are the measure of value

as long as you don't go full retard and ignore long term pleasure for short term gain, that's not hedonism, that's instant gratification

Found the Data Anal list at www.gay.op

t. Convulsionary Neural Network as brain

>GPU
Whats GPU stand for, son?

>this shit-for-brains manchild doesn't understand that it's the same set of ideas that are APPLIED differently to solve different kinds of problems.

It's a knife for cutting vegetables when used by a chef, and a scalpel for performing surgery when used by a surgeon, retard. You don't own mathematical concepts.

Attached: D8GORnmWsAUZfyx.jpg (1080x1058, 126K)

Seething

A better analogy would be that of a butcher and a surgeon. Both use a knife, but there is a difference in that useage.