AMD Radeon RX 5700 series review

videocardz.com/newz/amd-radeon-rx-5700-xt-and-rx-5700-review-leaks-out

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Attached: Screenshot_20190704-160055.jpg (1080x1532, 473K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EMpsmRlSpFw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So AMD is on par with Nvidia and slightly cheaper? Ok buying AMD thanks for helping me decide.

COPE

Well it's a 1080ti for less than what they usually go for right now at the same TDP, could be worse honestly.

>AMD costs as much as the 2070S
>can't beat the 2060RTX
I seriously hope that consoles aren't planning on using Navi if this is all it's capable of.

Nvidiachads are laughing at us again! AMDbros save me with some intel wojaks.

Attached: amdloodie.jpg (633x758, 162K)

Wrong way around navi is specifically designed for consoles amd did just release the console chip for pcs a year earlier. For a 500$ console in 2020 that is more than enough, but for a 450$ gpu in 2019 it's not convincing.

First of all 1080 Tis aren't going for anything anymore because they've been discontinued last year. Secondly
>hey we're matching a two years old 14nm card with our 7nm offering, good job

what did novideo mean by this?

Attached: nvidiagetsdabbedon.jpg (1024x1661, 428K)

>First of all 1080 Tis aren't going for anything anymore because they've been discontinued last year
That just means you can't buy new
They still go for 500-600 right now 450 if you're really fucking lucky (usually the trash blower models though), and that's still good enough to make it not worth considering RTX anything, until super that is.

>>hey we're matching a two years old 14nm card with our 7nm offering, good job
So?
Would you prefer no competition at all at any leveland the midrange ampere being over 1000 when it releases?

Faster, cheaper, more efficient, higher quality. Nice. I might buy this even if i have no use for it.

Attached: aKCAW5x_d.jpg (640x647, 35K)

>Nvidia is the house fire now
NOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1465077763258.jpg (500x500, 78K)

pretty good performance for the price
plus, these benchmarks were run with beta drivers
so expect 10%-15% better performance after a few weeks
then it's really good performance for the price

2080 should be perfectly equal to 1080 ti. Either the gimp has started or this "review" is hot garbage.

what are you blabering your mouth about prices? aren't you rich? isn't price "higher is better" for (you)?
I'm always so jelly of super wealthy nividia 1050ti owners going on about my poorfag vega 64.

Is...Is this the return of the 4850/4870 days???
Will the 5800XT be 2080 Super performance at the same power????

>the used market has not existed for the last 2 years

1080 ti deals in the $500-550 mark have been occurring for quite a while. I should know I did the same last year.

Ok then..?

I miss the Fermi days.

you are a fucking retard

just wait for drivers huh...

Good card for a good price, but neither company has given me any compelling reason to upgrade from my trusty 1080 Ti. Is it the 2600K of GPUs, surpassed but never by enough to justify an upgrade?

I still have my 2600k. It's amazing that a processor I purchased way back in 2011 is able to give decent performance in 2019. I most likely going to go with a 5700xt to replace my 290x. Waiting for 7/7 benchmarks to see if I go AMD or Intel.

Do you run Linux or Windows? From what I hear Navi is initially launching without Linux support so you might have to wait a little.

Spreading FUD like they usually do.
You don't have to wait. Vendors always send cards to reviewers beforehand but don't publish drivers to prevent leaks. There will be release drivers on, well, the release day.

you'd get more performance out of the 2600k pairing it with an nvidia card tbqh. amds dx11 driver isn't doing anything good for older cpus.

Listing the figures that AMD and Nvidia gave but differentiating between the die power and board power. Are you guys retarded? AMD listed the TDP of the 5700XT as 225W and 180W for the 5700. Nvidia's relisting the given specs but pointing out that what is normally called "TDP" is actually the power the entire card consumes so it makes no sense to use that as a figure for cooling. That would be like saying that the TDP of the 3900X is actually 105+15+motherboard power+DRAM power+...

Nvidia is actually making the right call with this. And AMD had previously told reviewers and publications about "ASIC power" that was lower than TDP during the Vega 10 launch. Same thing

based angry paddy

youtube.com/watch?v=EMpsmRlSpFw

You retard navi is not designed for consoles. Consoles will have a navi 1.5, which is where the raytracing comes in.

it costs 50 dollars less you dumb fucktard

>what is TGP?
retard

>garbage drivers
>garbage blower cooler
>can't even OC

Attached: 1538078033446.jpg (580x435, 117K)

Yes they are LMAO.

Something NVidia pull out of their asses.

What really sucks is AMD dropped their game bundle going forward. You only get 3 months free of Xbox Game Pass, which #1 is a fucking game streaming service, not a title you permanently own, and #2 you need an Xbox for (!)
And Nvidia is adding a game bundle for the Super cards for Wolfenstein and Control.

We'll see in a few days but at this point, even if they perform about the same, you get free games with Nvidia, more efficiency, and ray tracing. Little things, but AMD needs to outperform to compensate, and it's probably not happening.

He's absolutely correct

all i want is Vega/navi 16(cu's) on a small single Slot board thats passively cooled

Attached: 5450.png (712x505, 533K)

Well, that looks pretty good. Too bad AMD went full retard with the prices.

Bad points first :

>That price
>Super Series

Good points :
>Arch seems really good for 1st gen
>Great perf/watt - finally
>Fine vine

Could actually be really good come next year and some more R&D money.

you should've posted this pic, fagget

Attached: 3.png (1247x1148, 172K)

Attached: with jews you lose.jpg (1087x479, 138K)

Friggin why? Just get an APU.

Impressive strides for Nvidia with Vulkan.

The cheap one is on par with Vega64 with less power consumption? Not bad. All it needs is Leenux compatibility now

wait why the fuck is amd same performance and cheaper than nvidia bros?

Read a review. They said Wolfenstein was botched bench.

as a Basic Card, i just thought it would be neat

heck Imagine a Tiny 20$ Card like pic related, but vega8 and can CF w/ an APU

Attached: evga-geforce-gt-710-review-card.jpg (1507x848, 156K)

would be great if it wasnt on fucking 7nm

I'm excited for Navi but 1st gen Navi is a shit deal.

Why would you want to crossfire your integrated with another shit GPU? Also are you aware that even Intel integrated graphics far outperforms the GT710?

Why is this a downside?

They blew their load on this. This was their best shot.
When Nvidia moves to Samsung 7nm it's fucking over. They'll have so many options to grab margins or increase performance as they please.

>$1200 performance for only $450
Looks pretty good to me.

On what planet?

Amd stated multiple times that navi was specifically designed for consoles.
Also if you think for a second consoles will get anything similar to rtx meme cores then you're delusional. Amd themselves said not even a few weeks ago that real time raytracing isn't coming anytime soon on the consumer side, it's just not feasible.

Cope diem.

Not great, not bad. The fact that amd can get 1080ti level performance out of such a small chip indicates that they are on the right path. I am guessing it will be another gen or two before they having something that I would be interested in buying. Navi is the most interesting AMD GPU since southern islands.

im Talking VEGA8, not the GT710, the 710 in the Picture was an example for the formfactor

>Not great, not bad
I can see where this is heading.

Attached: anatoly_dyatlov.jpg (640x360, 25K)

just wait for the new ones after these new ones that arent released yet get released, Nvidia will be finished then

user, you're a power user. So explain to me how a Navi-based GPU fails to compete.
No explanation eh? Shameful. Utterly disgraceful to be spreading rumors about AMD at a time like this.

You didn't see those benchmark numbers.
You DIDN'T.
BECAUSE THEY'RE NOT THERE.

Attached: b95.png (900x676, 410K)

>powodem były problemy ze wczesną wersją sterowników

So I'm not the only user from Poland here.

>fails to compete
>same performance
>same powerdraw
>different shills claiming victory
piss off summerfag.

Attached: 156432671456.jpg (680x634, 78K)

Pretty good.

>2060 Super trading blows with 1080ti
Whoa, what's going on with Wolfenstein II?

Nvidia X86 cpu-less virgins you mean?

that just shows that the 5700 is better than nvidias offering but the 5700xt is worse

Turing is significantly better at Vulkan than Pascal.

the 5700xt loses to the RTX 2060, not even the super in several of the tests, thats just one of them in the OP image... its really bad

It loses in one single game at two different resolutions.
The real travesty is that both companies are now offering pretty much the same perf/$ and it's almost identical to the perf/$ you got back in 2016.

Fair enough I suppose, but then looking at 1080p, why is a Vega 64, which as I understood was supposed to be around a 1080, getting beaten by a 1070ti, yet the Radeon VII, which I though was around a 1080ti, smoking said GPU? I guess the gap between Vega 64 and Radeon VII is about right, 20% faster, but if Radeon VII is beating the 1080ti like that again because of Vulkan, then why is the 1070ti doing so well against both Vega 64 and the 1080ti?

Too late

Isn't Vega8 about what you get in APUs?

>AMD's 5700 low end GPU beats Nvidias low end 2060
>haehaehaehaeah
?????
Absolute seething cunt.

5700XT barely beats the 2060 Super while costing as much as a 2070 Super

>make things up
>the post
They literally said NONE of that

It's not a small chip. The same chip on 14nm would be around 420mm so close to the same size as the 1080TI for a little worse performance.

No updated drivers. Wait for release drivers and 1903 compliant chipset drivers.

>Nvidia wins again.

Oh shit nobody saw this coming.

But honestly the fact that they did it with a fucking REFRESH is pretty hilarious, like fucking AMD's market share back to 10% is something they don't even need to prepare for.

>MUH DRIVERS
Only worked on the first gen of GCN. RDNA is literally just GCN

TSMC just said that their 7nm is cheaper than 16nm. Fuck the greedy amdjeets and their drones. Navi is much higer margin part than turing.

>Wolfenstein and Control.
And nothing of the value was lost.

>the 5700xt loses to the RTX 2060
imagine being this retarded

stop being an AMDdrone

>12nm vs 7nm
>expected a lot more for 7nm
AMD still suck

so the 5700XT is basically a 2070FE without ray tracing.

Nvidia won again.

>used market
Enjoy your ex-mining rig gpus.

The most major risk of ex-mining GPUs is the fans failing, since they tend to be the first failure point on cards under constant load in modern video cards (at least in my experience). So just get those old stock fans you got with your CPU cooler and zip tie them down when the normal fans fail and you're golden.

imagine paying $450 for a card that gets BTFO by nvidias cheapest one and also not being able to read benchmarks

AMD reference cards have always been shit, unlike Nvidia.

it's over bros

Attached: 1544933016154.png (1024x799, 290K)

>leaked
he basicly shoved the numbers hardware canuks used based on amd numbers and they just slapped them on literally nothing

lol, no

>low end
>that price
????????

brainlet here
can someone explain the problem?

2070 super is 5 - 10% ahead but costs 50 dollars more, how is this a good thing?

Attached: 1205324129551.jpg (251x251, 14K)

People keep saying price fixing, and while I don't doubt for a second that a duopoly is capable of this, I don't get how at this stage AMD would accept this deal. They made money on the RX 4xx series, but now they literally have no hope of competing with the nvidia cards. Nobody but literal retards will buy a 5700/XT, and I don't think there's more than a couple of hundred of them. So on Earth would AMD collude with Nvidia only to have their products be completely nonviable and irrelevant?

>while I don't doubt for a second that a duopoly
There us no duopoly, it's nvidia's monopoly with amd's share beind too irrelevant for nvidia to even consider colluding with amd.

Vegas are bad at 1080p. Something in their designs makes them (relatively) better and better the higher you go in resolution.

Dont be retarded. The price scheming is plain as day. Early to mid 2010's cards were much cheaper because the two were competing. AMD was undercutting nvidia which forced it to bring its prices down numerous times. Flagships were going for $500-600. All of a sudden that competition has disappeared, and amd consistently sets its prices very closely to nvidias products. It's no coincidence. Nothing - and I mean nothing - is stopping amd to price the 5700 at $300.

it doesn't, stop spreading disinformation you subhuman shill

Thanks based Lisa, thanks to 5700 series and NAVI Nvidia finally made a competent 20 series GPU, I will be getting RTX 2070 Super and r5 3600x soon