Does suckless tools really suck dick?

Does suckless tools really suck dick?

Attached: Suckless_logo.svg.png (1024x668, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dwm.suckless.org/patches/nostatusbar/
github.com/c00kiemon5ter/monsterwm
suckless.org/philosophy/
reddit.com/r/guro/comments/6siisb/trypophobiafear_of_holes_in_skin/
int10h.org/oldschool-pc-fonts/fontlist/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no.
OP is a fag

Yes. Good thread.

The S is for shit.

>be suckless
>make wm
>include a bar
Seriously, why did they do this?

Yeah
t. suckless user

Why is this bad? (sincere question)

Because suckless is all about simpliciy.

I'm guessing people think it's unnecessary bloat that should be a patch rather than part of the base

It honestly seems like it'd be against their minimalist approach. The bar isn't bad or anything but it seems out of character

There is a patch for removing the status part of the bar, making dwm more suckless:
dwm.suckless.org/patches/nostatusbar/

The rest of the bar should remain because is needed for tag management, but you always can hide by default on the dwm's config.h

Also, dwm is not the most suckless tiling wm, that place is earned by monsterwm:
github.com/c00kiemon5ter/monsterwm

But remember! All software sucks, even the suckless programs, even if is all about sucking less, is impossible not sucking at all

Attached: yumiko.jpg (832x1200, 305K)

What is suckless?

suckless.org/philosophy/

Op is a retard.

I suppose the bar is to keep the windows ordered somehow... or not?

Because people on Jow Forums (and people in general) like to whine.
If they didn't include a bar Jow Forums will be like "Lel simplicity == no features", if they include the bar idiot will tell you they are hypocrite and that they don't follow their own philosophy trying to sound smart.

suckless tools are good, they are not perfect and not for everyone. But their tools are a step in the right direction, in a pragmatic fashion.
Don't listen to shills and trolls.

>Jow Forums will be like
>developers care about Jow Forums

Attached: 1561073076868.jpg (258x245, 12K)

> frogposter
color me surprised

but dwm bar is comfy

Attached: 19294847382929.png (1920x380, 45K)

Software should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler. dwm bar doesn't violate their philosophy.

Monster is broken and not maintained.

The bar is usually comfy, but you made it look stupid and trashy

only dwm

> Spoonfeed me, please
Fork it if you complain

yes, Emacs is white man territory. Suckless is russian tier

Emacs is literally Jewish.

>All software sucks
Fuck off Sylvain, this cancerous mentality is what spawns shit like Suckless in the first place.

xmonad is arguably a lot more suckless than dwm has ever been.
Imagine thinking applying patches is more "minimal" than importing a module.

>That manga
Shit son, I couldn't make it past page 19.

What font is that on the bar?

Yes it does. As far as I'm concerned, a window manager should manage windows. If we are about "doing one thing and one thing well" I think that's a fair definition.
The bar doesn't have anything to do with window management at all, it's effectively an extra feature.
Now, contrary to what this braindamaged board has always been feeding you, there is absolutely no problem with extra features. Nevertheless, it's a clear violation of their own philosophy. There are many good statusbars out there, it would make sense someone would prefer using that instead of dwm's.

Don't think there's any alternative bars that supports visual aid for dwm's tag cloning feature

>xmonad is arguably a lot more suckless than dwm has ever been.
AHAHAHAHAHA

Oh fuck, you serious aren't you nigga.
Monad is like 400MB minimal LMFAO.

or I'll state what it is and not use it

The tags in awesome-wm sure-as-shit beat anything you get with some dmenu hacky shit you use in conjunction with dwm.

awesome-wm was literally created because dwm and dmenu were fucking shit.

>having to recompile program instead of changing a config file

why is this a good idea?

Okay? What does that have to do with what I said? Is awesomewm a status bar for dwm?

So is dwm, by your definition. It requires a full blown C toolchain for mere configuration, unlike, say, i3.
That said, you have to provide your definition of "minimal" and "bloated". To me, minimal software is software that has no more features than necessary, and uses little memory when it runs. Disk space is honestly not a concern: as long as you aren't literally running out of space, it does not impact your computing in any way, unlike memory usage. That's also why you think Gentoo is bloated, when a comparable setup in most other distributions uses more memory when running.
But why am I replying to a manlet tripfag anyway? I bet you still haven't learned how to write ebuilds.

Seethe

Because a wm is a wm and a panel is a panel. The two should be seperate as they are in every DE in existence.

Sauce?

I just want to thank you for using a tripcode so I can filter you

Might surprise you
reddit.com/r/guro/comments/6siisb/trypophobiafear_of_holes_in_skin/

no they suck the less, learn to read faggot
i don't use dwm but isn't the point in suckless is you can compile the wm without a bar or the features you don't want

No it just displays information

it works perfectly fine, if you have issues with it its not hard to sort out yourself (not that ive ever had any)

Operating systems are bloat

Once you find your optimal layout, you don't need to change anything again, ricer-chan.

suckless is based

having to recompile shit because they can't write a 4 line parser for textfiles makes suckless more suck than less

I feel comfy at dwm, more than I was at i3.

is it the green and the moon characters? how can i improve it desu
one of these for english
int10h.org/oldschool-pc-fonts/fontlist/
and
WenQuanYi bitmap for Japanese

let me know if you need further help installing and setting it up for dwm