/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)
CPUs based on current pricing:
Zen2 CPUs are already confirmed by AMD to be worse in gaming than the cheaper equivalent Intel. Only consider them if you care about multithreaded stuff.
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>i5 9400F/9600k - Great gaming CPUs
>i7 9700K - Extreme solution for absolute max FPS
>i9 9900K - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing
>i9 7980XE - HEDT
RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP
Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
NAVI is already superseded by the RTX Super lineup before it's even out
1080p
>GTX 1660/ti - standard
>RTX 2060/Super - high framerates (requires complementary intel CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RTX 2060 Super - standard
>RTX 2070 Super - high framerates (requires complementary intel CPU and monitor)
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 Super - standard
>RTX 2080Ti
General:
>Always avoid AMD if gaming
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
imgur.com/a/RTbKAxD
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's high refresh with adaptive sync
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Previous:

Attached: amd_running.jpg (680x485, 279K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Genius-Classic-Wired-Optical-DX-120black/dp/B017UFCPSC
youtu.be/ryTTiZLlkrk
youtu.be/ryTTiZLIkrk
trademe.co.nz/computers/components/video-cards/pciexpress/listing-2217354078.htm?rsqid=cc98afc503bb4069a71416908fb5417c-003
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Based

Reminder that:
>AMD had 9 more months to develop Zen 2
>Zen 2 uses a 50% shorter transistor architecture than i9 (7nm vs 14nm)
>Zen 2 uses more cores/threads
And despite that its performance is still WORSE and it's more EXPENSIVE.

The point of mobos aren't backwards compatibility. So don't make that a point.
If you don't like it and it has no uses for you with its new features just get an older board.
Got myself a b450 recently used because I know what I need.
Buy a mobo for your needs not useless features you don't need.

Yeah its also a brand new architecture that hasn't been tweaked balls to the walls like intel did.
Intel has reached its limits.
Zen 2 hasn't even had its first refresh yet.
Don't for get with and you get same performance for half the power draw.
Your doing a poor comparison by not taking all factors into account.

>someone saved the amd maymay I made
sheeeit nigga, I made it

Attached: 1535229459673.gif (528x555, 816K)

It's the same shit but why would you get the older model?

amazon.com/Genius-Classic-Wired-Optical-DX-120black/dp/B017UFCPSC
Buying anything that cost more is for fools.
Nice meme. But don't you dare shit talk mama su

Are there any recommended x570 boards?
I've seen the list and it's fucking huge.

Attached: 1486624909880.gif (458x438, 103K)

I get that you're an Intel fanbitch, but none of those are arguments against the actual product. If Zen's overall better (which in all probability it will be), then it's better, period. Who gives a shit if AMD got to use a smaller node or had more time? THE PRODUCT WILL BE BETTER.

Cope

>Are there any recommended x570 boards?
>I've seen the list and it's fucking huge.
Check prices and see what's your use case. We can't tell you. But if you pool your options we can pick one for you.
This makes your choice much easier.

Attached: 1562191121617.png (1142x4398, 610K)

>Who gives a shit if AMD got to use a smaller node or had more time? THE PRODUCT WILL BE BETTER.
This
Imagine paying a premium for dirty cheap ancient 14nm tech.
Your paying out the ass for last decades leftovers? Tsk tsk tsk

>Check prices and see what's your use case. We can't tell you. But if you pool your options we can pick one for you.
That's fair. Thanks, user.

Attached: g.png (975x642, 12K)

I'm actually rooting for ayymd but I can't help myself poking fun at amdoredtv shills and their make believe numbers pulled straight out their ass

power consumption?

I did too, fa/g/

no, the number in the name of the product

I'd only use this list if you're planning on running your CPU at stock, I think it becomes a bit contentious when it comes to OCing for some of the older boards in particular

It's a good starting point tho

French prices are out :
3200G - 119€
3400G - 180€
3600 - 240€
3600X - 300€
3700X - 390€
3800X - 470€
3900W - 590€
What were the announced prices again?

Ryzen 9 3900X—$499, 442 EUR
Ryzen 7 3800X— $399, 353.5 EUR
Ryzen 7 3700X— $329, 291.5 EUR
Ryzen 5 3600X— $249, 220.6 EUR
Ryzen 5 3600— $199, 176.3 EUR
Ryzen 5 3400G— $149, 132 EUR
Ryzen 3 3200G— $99, 87.7 EUR

I've been eyeing 3700x or 3800x. I also said a few days earlier that I expect the price for 3800x to be something like this or 353.5eur+25%VAT is 441eur plus profit margins gives us the price we're looking at. You didn't expect the EU countries to sell for MSRP did you?

thank you for the input user, I'll take what you said into consideration. I'll probably also wait until the monitors announced at computex release and choose one based on that

what I really want is g-sync/freesync low-latency TVs/big displays. I would love a gaming-certified projector too. I like bigger screens, which is why I'm most likely going up from 1080p 24" to 1440p 32" class.

Keep fighting the good fight user, no matter how many times you get reported by ass blasted AMDrones.

I'll probably get one of these monitors in november sales, or will wait for new IPS lg ultragear ones
LG UltraGear 38GL950G, 27GL850G, 27GL650F
Just sharing what I'm thinking of buying, somebody correct me if my choices are bad (ignore the MSI monitor)

Attached: monitors.jpg (1669x448, 207K)

I'm going to be so disappointed on Sunday when 3900x is still worse single core than 9900k and I end up having waited for nothing.

it's pretty much guaranteed

Attached: 3900x01-720x720 (2).jpg (720x405, 44K)

The leaked benchmarks have already suggested as much but the difference is fairly minimal (~5905 vs 6074 on a geekbench comparison I saw) compared to the huge difference in multi threaded performance.

Isn't it a fair bit cheaper?

At the very least you waited for confirmation.

Would it having 2 less fps in fortnite while being 50% faster in multicore REALLY be that devastating to you, user?

Yes.

Will there be a 300€ NAVI?

Will there be a 75W NAVI?

Ryzen 7 3800X 8C/16T 3.9GHz 4.5GHz 105W $399
Ryzen 7 3700X 8C/16T 3.6GHz 4.4GHz 65W $329

who would give 70$ more for 0.1Ghz (boost is all that matters senpai)
>b-but BINNED
brainlet

Will there be any reason to buy NAVI now that Super exists?

i think most of us are waiting for reviews. I just hope that bios enabling OC came out so we can see the reviews for OC

They are brainlets, the binning between the 3700X and the 3800X will be practically identical. Also I've seen dumbasses saying that the 3700X will be worse at overclocking when it has a lower TDP

It's still a question of price. Nvidia more or less just cut down the amount of room AMD have where their products at RRP are the clear winners. And just the fact that they've created buzz over the supers as "navi killers" at all is a victory for them, because casuals don't typically have the time or ability to decipher the truth from marketing or fanboy fantasy. (Although these days when you can just watch FPS counts on popular games with lots of different hardware configuration on youtube, it's less so than it was in the past).

I have a GTX 980 and a GTX 1060. They are extremely similar in terms of performance but is one better for VR than the other, or is it worth upgrading? I was hoping to avoid the 20-series.

Considering the $50 difference between 3600 and 3600X, is it worth it to get the 3600X or are the benefits very minimal?

>I was hoping to avoid the 20-series.
Why?

why does AMD always fall short and over exaggerate bros...... it was supposed to be their turn

Probably worth waiting on reviews to really get an answer for that question but from what we know right now I'd say it'd be better to go get the 3600 and use the extra $50 to get a decent CPU cooler if you want to OC your CPU later on

Thanks

wait for reviews, literally just 3 days away

If the leaked specs area true then they are pretty much the same, do take note that NAVI won't work on linux or that's what I read scouring the web for more info.
Looking at prices rtx2070 is falling nicely in price and will cost the same as super 2060 if not even less (talking about rog strix and higher end cards) and 2080 has been falling in price and has better performance then 2070super. 750eur was starting price for rog strix 2070, now they are at 520-550eur,so 2070 super will cost over 700 eur. I can get a decent 2080 for that price and it's still better then super.

I get the impression that the prices are inflated due to being developed during the crypto bubble. I'm open to a 2080 maybe, but $1400 or whatever for the Ti is ridiculous.

why am i getting this
youtu.be/ryTTiZLlkrk
youtu.be/ryTTiZLIkrk

your gpu is dead nigga

Attached: 1560251568855.jpg (398x376, 40K)

Wait for reviews and make a decision from there.
With the exception of the 2060, they all have bad price/performance, and it only gets worse when you get to the 2080 and especially the ti

it's a month old bro
other than that, i see zero artifacts in game

And everyone will as usual buy Ryzen while Intel sales go to shit even harder and Intel dissolves.

Attached: 1562252897709.png (1800x850, 221K)

Who knows, personally i would go with a 3600 and a big silent cooler, when i bought the 2600x i went with that one because it had a better stock cooler and the price difference was like $20.

>With the exception of the 2060
Even the 2060 is pretty bad value. For 350USD, the card should be 1080Ti perf, following a 780Ti ~ 970, 980Ti ~ 1070 pattern.

Anyone excited for the super series?

No, at least not for a while.

If you wanted to make celebrity deepfakes, what would you go for processor/gpu-wise?

piledriver setup for sure.

Excited, not really. I'll probably end up buying the 2070S in a few months though since there's nothing better

I thought the 3600 was gonna be $200 USD
At least now I can get the 2600X and not regret it.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (360x360, 16K)

Should I make the Cooler Master H500 or the Fractal Design Meshify C my next case?

it is going to be 200. are you retarded?
>frogposter
okay, carry on sir

thermaltake p90

Too expensive and looks retarded

h500

I can't recommend the CM H500 enough but it's a beefy case size wise. Awesome out of the box thermals though, especially if you're not using any 3.5" HDDs and can take the HDD tray out too.

Why are you so fucking hostile? So far, it HASN'T been $200. I'm basing my post off the prices that have been revealed so far. What's wrong with that?

what the fuck lmao

>I'm basing my post off the prices that have been revealed so far.
>revealed
AMD themselves said MSRP is 199USD for US buyers, retard.

how long do u guys think the 1660 ti will last at 1080p? I dont think I can fit the 2060 into muh budget (unless prime day discounts it)

Parts don't always sell for MSRP value. I still don't get why you're so mad.

Your video card is fucked. Try reseating it and blowing it out and stuff. Maybe run BIOS diagnostics on it. I'm guessing it only kicks up when you launch a game since the desktop works fine, possibly on integrated graphics?

yes, 1 month old ryzen igpu.

is it worth waiting for prime day if I haven't bought anything yet but was just waiting for 7/7?

What motherboard do I want if I want to do IOMMU / PCIe passthrough on Ryzen 3000?

hmmm $900 for a ryzen 3700x + 16 gb of ram + 1tb nvme + b450 motherboard in euroland
a little rustled right here.

I'm not even the guy who replied earlier. Just keep calling people mad when they call out your stupidity
The CPUs will be at MSRP at launch, after that depends on supply

860 evo is 120eur tho so you could skip on nvme and save 25 euros
mobo prices should fall if even a little, but yes, high prices, tempting to just sit and wait till november

Found an extremely cheap (180NZD) Sapphire-brand RX 580 for sale.
Is Sapphire a decent brand?

the best one for amd

I'm already full on my sata slots, so i need the nvme.
I would actually have liked an x470 board but it seems none of them have the usb bios update and too lazy to buy a 1200 and then upgrade the bios, otherwise the gigabyte aorus gaming 7 seems like a solid board, since it's only $30 more expensive than the b450 tomahawk.

I've read they plan to put new batches of x470 with the new bios so that we don't have to hassle with it.
I'm still waiting on x570 reviews but I'm in the same pickle as you, don't know if the sellers put new bios or I have to pay to some repair shop to flash the bios since I don't want to buy older ryzen cpus.

Depends completely on non-reference card pricing.

The overclocking on the older boards only comes down to good or bad vrm mostly.
so getting an b350 that actually has good vrm and such wouldn't be bad at all. The only problem is if you look at all the b350 and x370 series all the vrm's are completely different to the 450 and 470. That's why so many are unsuitable for newer ryzen. I'm sure that's due to it being newer they didn't put their best foot forward.
Anyways b450 and 470 are perfectly fine for newer CPUs. Just as this list rightfully shows. As it also shows how shit the 3xx series was.
The only reason all the x570 look so good is that's the best they have to offer. This isn't showing all the lower end crap that'll be released later.

Sapphire cards are among the best. If it's the pulse yeah. That the best rx580 on the market. Best thermals and performance.

the nitro is the best one but the pulse is fine

It's a Nitro 4G: trademe.co.nz/computers/components/video-cards/pciexpress/listing-2217354078.htm?rsqid=cc98afc503bb4069a71416908fb5417c-003

This may be the stupidest question ever asked, but does the cable for the actual AC outlet to the PSU matter? Will anything work as long as it’s got the right amount of prongs, or will certain cables do bad things?

you want three prongs and three holes on the other end but otherwise they're basically the same.

>the nitro is the best one but the pulse is fine
Now that you mention it I heard about it so long ago I might be mixed up.
Like the guy said above
Only if the cables faulty. You want clean electricity running to your pc. So you don't want any fluctuations.
Just don't use a cable you've duct taped together and you'll be fine.

>So you don't want any fluctuations.
A decent PSU should iron that out to a certain degree.

Lol Fuck off you troll.

IT DOESNT WORK ANYMORE WITH STOCK VOLTAGE
THIS MONTH OLD iGPU
HELP
WHAT
THE
HELL

>mfw the best value motherboard solution at this very moment is an ITX board from MSI

Attached: 1438311494186.jpg (384x313, 71K)

Yeah it should but it also shouldn't have too.

Wow, they're actually cheaper here in Portugal. But I guess the lower salaries cancel it out.

Here's a tip:

Buy a better mousepad before you buy a better mouse.

Welp, it's time to emigrate. At least there are still some B450M Mortar around. Praying the benches are good, because the 2600X is about 180€ on Amazon. It's replacement, the 3600X really needs to be damn good. I hope so.

Attached: AMD Let me down.png (854x640, 609K)