ITT: Poorfag Tech Stories

ITT: Poorfag Tech Stories

Attached: monitor stand ghetto.jpg (1844x1732, 1.03M)

>1990s
>too poor to afford music
>napster hadn't been released yet
>would download midi versions of songs i liked instead of buying the CDs

Attached: bedroom 90s.jpg (1200x900, 301K)

I just bought my new/used system in jan/this year.

All used:
>Core i5 2500K
>6GB RAM
>500 GB HDD
>Generic 530W "modular" PSU
>and pic related.

I just added some shit in these months
> Corsair 100R Silent Edition (New)
> x2 4GB Sticks that I had
> Replaced the 500GB HDD (shitgate) with my WD Blue 1TB one
> Added another 1TB WD Blue (New)
> 500GB WD Blue (Used)
> 256GB SSD (New)
> USB 3.0 PCIE card for the front USB connectors (New)
> RX 560 "OC" 4GB (New)

A memechanical kbn wasn't in my needs list, but I found an Hyper Alloy FPS (Cherry MX Red) for cheap, so I bought it
> $60~ burguerbucks that's a deal in my shithole

I want to add another 4GB stick or later max out this thing (32 GB)

Sorry for the bad engrish.

Attached: 5083_big.jpg (1000x964, 401K)

Replacing my Dual-Core E5200 2.50GHz 3Gb RAM, for an i3 2100 3.10GHz 4Gb RAM. How much better will I feel?

>bubble jug
mah niggah

>not just spending all day at the record store listening to stuff

I had 56kbps Internet in 2008 and I was able to download a single album in the whole night.

>I had 56kbps Internet in 2008 and I was able to download a single album in the whole night.

Based Getright poster

Attached: getright.gif (312x195, 4K)

In the late 90s I had WebTV instead of a computer. It seriously sucked because I couldn't install Napster or anything and trying to stream mp3s on the 56k modem just wasn't happening. But some guys ran websites where they collected real audio files from this thing called sonicnet, it was basically like Pandora before that was invented. MTV owned it at some point. You could make your own personalized radio station that would shuffle songs in a specific genre. Anyway I'd listen to uncensored rap songs in horrible quality through my TV speakers and I was very happy.

>Not downloading songs from the radio
Amateur

While we're on the subject I got kicked out of Circuit City once for downloading a Ludacris album and burning it to a cd-r I bought in the store with the Excite@home demo computer.

A world of difference. But I would invest in something newer, even the new Atlhon is way better.

>2004
>live in a russian rural shithole with a dialup
>7 numbers for whole shitvillage
>connection drops or cant connect
>spend 5 hours to download a 22mb download manager
>finally can download bigger files

Attached: 1502304795535.jpg (641x670, 83K)

>downloading
>from the radio

Attached: 1521769655807.png (649x732, 594K)

bluemonday.mid
whitereflection.mid

>so poor you have to hang out with friends IRL

Attached: lan dorks.jpg (1280x960, 247K)

Attached: 47096862_001_f.jpg (600x900, 68K)

Download != Record

My use is very little to navigate, videos, some work with CorelDraw. I think it will make a good difference in performance.

Both involve transmitting through the air (wifi vs FM) and storing to recordable media

There's digital radio now. If I capture a digital radio stream is it not the same thing as downloading? If I'm capturing it via the internet it definitely is. But capturing a digital radio stream, while downloading isn't the term that's usually used, it's essentially the same thing.

It will, for sure. I have a E5400 and even my shitty G1820 I have laying around is way better in any task you throw at it.

Replacing one old Intel chip with another old Intel chip is a bad idea. Making an investment in a newer AMD set up is a better idea.

I thought about getting something younger but would be spending unnecessarily.

>ITT: Poorfag Tech Stories
>Wifi radio
>Implying this is a thing in shithole countries

Digital radio is not "wifi radio" and poor countries do have DVB and DAB, also other similar tech.

>Rocket Power
>90s

>First episode date: 16 August 1999

AMD is considerably cheaper than anything Intel. Compare prices and consult /pcbg/ before buying.

My main pc is an Athlon 5350 with 8gb of ddr3 and a Tesla c2050 I got for 30$ on eBay
It's in a case I lost a side panel on and has a presumably adequate power supply since it has two 8 pins and hasn't caught fire yet
I say presumably because I don't know what it is, it was 10$ at a garage sale and has no labels

Attached: IMG_4280.jpg (4032x3024, 2.24M)