If Jow Forums was around in the 80s would we be pro or anti IBM?

If Jow Forums was around in the 80s would we be pro or anti IBM?

Attached: Ibm_pcjr_with_display.jpg (1200x1470, 246K)

Probably pro

Probably anti

Neutral i'd say

Fuuuck software was so much better back then, especially programming

Anti. We would probably shill Amiga because Commodore and Atari were bloat.

anti
Jow Forums would be building awesome price:performance ratio clones

good question, I typed up 3 different answers and ended up deleting them because I actually have no idea

Before the MCA bus: pro
After the MCA bus: anti

Pro of course.
Because back in the 80's we would have been more likely to think like adults, rather than like children

nobody was ever fired for buying ibm

IBM was always shit at anything that wasn't mainframe. Software and PC alike, with a few exceptions were continuous failures. Was too large, bureaucratic, and sales centered to do anything right after 80s.
Never understood good formula for software or for creating an ecosystem around their smaller products. Tried to sell PCs with a mainframe mentality.
These days they're just sitting on IP and whatever market they have locked in for large enterprise services and spewing memes about pseudo technology for investors while their R&D hasn't done anything relevant in years.
Jow Forums would have been all over cheap DOS clones in the 80s (notice I said Jow Forums, not neo-Jow Forums)

that meme dates back to the 60s and 70s

are you that be awesome tripfag?
you type like a retard just like him

Jow Forums was around in the 1980s.. it was called usenet. same levels of insane shitposting and fan boy faggotry, just with out images.

longer sentences too complex for you?

Probably ambivalent. IBM PC's were fucking expensive as hell back in the day and designed as business machines first and foremost, plus 8086 assembler is a pain in the dick compared to 6502 and friends. Thus, they probably weren't much fun to mess around with compared to the 8 and 16-bit microcomputers of the day, so Jow Forums would probably largely ignore them and instead have endless Amiga vs Atari ST arguments instead.

>IBM was always shit at anything that wasn't mainframe. Software and PC alike, with a few exceptions were continuous failures
the harsh realities of yesteryear that zoomer faggots just don't quite comprehend.

>Amiga
all day every day. atari st faggots need to gtfo with their gay machine whos sole selling point was midi ports.

tfw basic literacy makes you a tripfag

EL ESTADO DE LOS NORTEÑOS, señores.

zoomers don't understand mainframe, it frightens and confuses them

meanwhile boomers don't want to get off the mainframe

this mix leads to some serious meme level problems

it sure does

>class leader
>actually performs
>actually costs money (autoexcludes poorfags)
I'll go with "anti".

Ricing your TI-994a

I'd buy a Compaq computer. That is where its at, Man!
Portable processing power!

Attached: compaqI-left.jpg (500x247, 21K)

My TI is smaller and lighter and can hook up to any normal television with antenna connector.
Take that, fucker

duality of man

get off the computer, gramps.

I don’t know

IBM "compatibles" FTW

IBM is niggerlicious. If you haven't made your own computer with a Z80, a hex keyboard and a LCD display you have to go back.

Attached: 1533976247105.jpg (1600x1200, 750K)

Obviously against IBM because they were a popular company still in the 80s. Jow Forums needs to shill the underdog to feel special, so IBM would just be >le big nose man instead of Apple.

lol Jow Forums

Unironically this

Nobody on Jow Forums could afford new IBM shit or even clones, it would probably be mostly hobby toddlers shilling 8-bit trash with Amigafaggots being the 80s equivalent of freetards.

I don't know about the 80s, but I would have definitely been pro during WW2.

Tee hee.

:)

The first IBM personal computers were actually huge success though? Not in the technology but in the use of off the shelf components that paved the way for many other competitors to rise from their ashes.it's legacy that continues onward today. The fact that most of the standards we use in computing today were IBM standards. Since WW2 IBM has been on the forefront of technology R&D up until the 70-80s I'd say. And even now they are on the forefront of AI research. But yeah, they're a bureaucracy and don't do much for the consumers personally.

>The first IBM personal computers were actually huge success though?
they were, but they also had worthy competitors eating away at their market share.

>implying Jow Forums wouldn't be pro-mac

Anti.

We would be C64/Amiga/Atari/Compaq nerds who modify their hardware.

Pro surely since

>shill Amiga
>Commodore bloat
You are aware that the Amiga line was made by Commodore right?

>Leds
Btfo they look like shit and are expensive. Use normal indicators don't fall for LED meme.