Do you guys sell your old hard drives or just bin them?

Do you guys sell your old hard drives or just bin them?

Attached: HDD_1846530b.jpg (620x388, 60K)

Destroy with a hammer before binning. No amount of clean wipes with software make me certain my data is cleared if I were to sell.

If you're smart you'd shred and burn them.

>t. pedo

I've got multiple 500gb, 1TB, 2TB, 3TB, 4TB hard drives. I'm going to replace all these with a single 14TB hard drive.
Would sell them but they've been in use for over 25K+ hours.

No idea what to do with them then, maybe make a dedicated seedbox or something with all of them without any backups on seeded torrents.

Neither.
I literally have like 80 hard drives. I'd make a picture but they are boxed up right now.

They get quartered with a bandsaw and go into my aluminium furnace.

open them up for the magnets

sell the magnets on ebay for $1 each

ironically the older the drive the bigger and better the magnet

Cold storage.

Sell to stupid people that don't ask for smart test around my city

I'd make a zfs abomination if they still work

I keep them. Saved my ass recently when a bluescreen fucked up some file indexes on my SSD and I couldn't boot anymore. Threw my old boot hard drive in, old installation booted, automatically performed a checkdisk on the SSD, and wham, the SSD boot worked again.

I use the platters as mirrors.

>buy used
>recover all data by the previous owner
>backup all of it then format for own use
who else does this?

Attached: cfeb2015-741f-446f-9f79-0a73bdc72906.jpg (600x500, 83K)

Devious

I buy second hand camera compact flash and sd cards and retrieve the delete images. Always fun buying from a female ebayer

can I simply put them in vacuum bag in a freezer? I kept 1Tb WD black in a drawer for about 4 years now, seems to work fine.

sd cards do not do trim? didn't know that.

Do not throw away a hard drive without making sure it is absolutely 100% destroyed and inoperable.
It’s actually quite fun to do. I took a fire axe to mine the last time I did it

>I'm going to replace all these with a single 14TB hard drive.
this is asking for trouble

Attached: 1540853380240.jpg (820x606, 37K)

>being so fucking poor you have to sell your old drives instead of just trashing them as you should
lol

I keep backups on my old drives.

Cold, as in, offline. Dump backups to them, throw it in a drawer. Not literally keep them cold.

I'm buying 2 14TB hard drives, one for backup. If i had multiple hard drive for backup it gets messy on where i stored the data also i make frequent changes to lots of data so having it simple is a must

I just put them in a drawer

I have two old drives in a plastic bag in my freezer. One is so old its a 500GB PATA the other one is a 2TB SATA. I feel ripped off wasting freezer space all these years.

Attached: 74666D8D62B54FD492AF8D6EE43640B0.jpg (1242x1253, 820K)

I have 16TB across 4 disks, only 4TB of that I consider to be essential to be backed up (project files, personal dox etc). You do not need to backup your entire animu collection user, the internet has full backups ready to go.

No biggie, cold slows down atomic level wear by slowing down molecular vibration. This slowed state also helps prevent molecules flying off due to rotational velocidensity as they are fixed more firmly to the platters as they aren't bouncing off each other as hard.

my anime collection is full of my own personal remuxes that i havent uploaded

Good luck catching a seed when you want to watch

>moving from several points of failure to a single one

it's like you enjoy losing shit.

38 pass wipe + sell

destroy them

I have multiple empty hard drives that I might use to back up some shit.
If you are worried about whats on your hard drive then just dban it.

Thanks Jow Forums i knew you where right after all

i sell them, but i wipe them first.

Attached: cloth_or_something3.jpg (300x300, 45K)