Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: D24D3607-6311-4500-81FF-59779C178C7E.jpg (1280x720, 167K)

Other urls found in this thread:

eurogamer.net/articles/2015-12-18-dark-souls-3-pc-system-specs-revealed
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter
0bin.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why do an old snap fried view my story when I set it on public, but it only shows up as a name. I can't visit the persons profile. Alsmost like the person has blocked me but if she has she woudlnt be able to watch all my snap stories. It it just some weird bug?

Am i a retard for taking this unpaid internship? Will i be able to spin this on my CV?

Attached: 2019-07-05-10:14:46-screenshot.png (1449x970, 199K)

How to set up plug and play mtp on Debian? When I plug in my redmeme note 7 I have to manually mount it. How do I set it up so all I have to do is plug it in?

Reposting my question from the old thread since it was the last one before new thread started:

I'm moving from the US to the UK and wanna take my tower with me. I figure the best way to bring it on the cheap is to disassemble, pack all the components with lots o padding in my checked baggage, and buy a new power supply and case in England and put the whole thing back together. That make any sense to y'all? What's the best way to pack stuff up and travel with it?

Posting from last thread:

When I transfer very large files of 12GB+ onto my RAID6, my transfer speed goes from 500MB/s to 100-200MB/s.
This does not happen if I transfer for example 30GB but segmented into 1GB each.

Why would this happen? Why would 30x1GB be better than 1x 30GB??

I'm using a 6 drive RAID6 on an Adaptec 6805, 512MB cache and 16GB of RAM.

I ran crystaldiskmark with 32GB file size and it stayed above 500MB/s consistently.
I'm using two mellanox 10GB/s SFP+ cards that can easily hold 950MB/s which I tested before.

Attached: file.png (399x363, 31K)

Complete Jow Forums noob here. Can someone recommend a laptop for running something like dark souls 3?

eurogamer.net/articles/2015-12-18-dark-souls-3-pc-system-specs-revealed

I can see that thinkpads are popular on this board but they look like business laptops? I just want something for school but something I can play on comfortably.

>Why would 30x1GB be better than 1x 30GB??
I'm not certain, but wouldn't that be a caching issue?
>they look like business laptops
The business laptop models are usually better quality than the consumer models though. Get a thinkpad, user.

I put my OS restore images on an internal sata ssd to speed up the restore time to my main nvme ssd, but after testing it didn't go any faster than when restoring from an external usb hard drive. Where is the bottleneck? The ssd is reporting the correct speeds.

I think so too, but the thing I don't get is, how would segmenting them make it better if it's all without interruption? I don't exactly give the cache time to clear itself, as I've done this even with 150GB split into less than 500mb, and speed stayed fine.
I need to fix it since I have lots of archives bigger than that, which I can't really split that much

What model is it?

I'm using Excel, I need to check, if there are two consecutive numbers in a line who are smaller than a certain number, say 65 for example. The problem is that there can be empty cells inbetween. Or even just one number in a line, in which case the answer should be false. Help me, anons, please!

Attached: file.png (461x115, 2K)

3x WD Red 4TB
3x Seagate Barracuda Compute 4TB

Adaptec 6805 hardware raid controller, RAID 6 dynamic mode, 256K stripe size

I just recalled, the Seagates are SMR drives, could that be the problem?
I just don't get why it wouldn't slow down a 32GB crystaldiskmark then, or the long segmented transfers

Any think pads you would recommend for what I want?

should I get laptop with i5 or i7
the graphics card is gtx 1660

>Any think pads you would recommend for what I want?
I'm not sure. You know who would be though?
>>>/tpg/

>the Seagates are SMR drives
>SMR drives
That must be the bottleneck then. Aren't those recommended for WORM specifically for this reason?

Huh, I guess that must be it then. I thought they only got bad after you wrote them close to max capacity though, and not in normal use.

I'll swap them for my other WD Reds and run 6x CMR, rebuild array, then try to see if that fixes the problem

yes.

Yeah, do a quick search on SMR drives and you will see what I mean. They are great for archive storage and read operations. Write speeds, however, are inconsistent.

I have a question, so my hard drive is full of shit but i dont know what is it, it seams like everytime I unninstall something it frees less space than it should, or maybe im paranoid... is this possible? and how can i deal with this problem without formating my pc?

actually the graphics card is 1660ti
also it has 144hz display
will i5 bottleneck it?
I doubt but most laptops that have 1660ti I saw come with i7 and that makes me ask this question
also I heard somewhere i7 will only cause more thermal issues because it's hot and that's it's not worth it unless I'm video editing
the specific models are Core i5-9300H and Core i7-9750H

check with windirstat

>brother has windows
>virus
What antivirus should I install for him?

$ systemd-analyze
Startup finished in 11.080s (firmware) + 431ms (loader) + 2.804s (kernel) + 2.392s (userspace) = 16.709s

How else can I speed this up? I have only critical services enabled, added quiet and libahci.ignore_sss=1 to kernel params, have got grub-holdshift and disabled BIOS loading screen but it still takes 16s on my SSD. It could be XFCE is slowing it down but that doesn't take very long to start. I also disabled devices that aren't in use in the BIOS, and I have 2 disks to mount which only costs 1 second.

I have 16G@3200 RAM and a Ryzen 1700x so 16s feels incredibly slow. I've seen thinkpads boot quicker.

I need to batch replace some hex values starting with the values but with different ending.

for example if the code I want to use is
>AA BB 00 00

and input is
>AA BB 01 02
>AA BB 03 04

output should be
>AA BB 00 00
>AA BB 00 00

I cant do manually since theres a lot of ocurrencies

try again in english

Gentoo

any non shitty PDF viewer/editor?

nvm fuck madvr, i'm getting constant bsod

all lines with
>AA BB
must be replaced with
>AA BB 00 00

example
>AA BB 01 02
>AA BB 03 04
turn into
>AA BB 00 00
>AA BB 00 00

Is Tor safe to use now or is it stil compromised?

Attached: 1558636475775.png (1280x1280, 121K)

Regex.
^AA BB .{2} .{2}(.*?)$ and replace with AA BB 00 00$1

lost all my files from hard drive, manged to recover most of em with recuva but the problem is anything that's not a zip file or an image
(pdfs,videos) have exaggerated sizes
so pdf1 that should have been 50mb is 339mb
and it's not just visual they actually take up that much space.
is there a fix?

are there any publicly available uhd bluray readers/burner combos out there?

Attached: 1562327039110[1].jpg (1600x1600, 562K)

>regex
which hex editor support it?
Im using HxD right now and it doesnt support it

=IF(A1="";IF(LOOKUP(2;1/($A1:A1"");$A1:A1)=B1;IF(B1

can't you just export your hex data into a text file, replace the text in there with regex, and then import again into whatever you edit with?

I plan to upgrade from my 6600k to a 3800x. I don't really have a lot of non-gaming reasons, but I am interested in creating a virtual network to play around with ansible. However, I also don't really have a reason to use ansible. Give me some ideas of what to do with it on my virtual network?

What was wrong with my code here? Isn't getKey() and getValue() how you get the content of a pair in java?

Attached: what the fuck.png (1498x753, 136K)

Oh yeah, just noticed I fucked up the list and treated it as a string instead. But the error on getKey and getValue is really what's bothering me here.

What the fuck is Pair in Java? There's no Pair class in the standard library.

>fr.ippon.exescise.Provided.Pair
That's a Pair class that your shit tutorial site wrote themselves and it apparently doesn't work how you think it does. I imagine you can click that "Provided code" tab and see how their Pair is implemented so you can choose a method of it that actually exists.

Uh, I found a bunch of tutorial about Pair class in java. Alright, although Provided code should just have the starting code given for the exercise.

>I found a bunch of tutorial about Pair class in java
They're probably using some shit from javafx, which isn't part of the standard library and you clearly aren't importing anyway.

Yeah that what it was. Oh well, I'll do better next time.

My computer crashed last night then froze during POST everytime I tried rebooting. Left it off overnight because I was too tired to deal with it but today it's working fine. Did it just overheat or is there something else that could cause this?

I'm running win10 LTSC and it seems like it doesn't have an image preview app. By default images open in paint with a double click. Is there any neat way I can get like a win7 style image preview or some third party software that would do the same?

There's a way to reactivate the Win7 imagge viewer. Don't remember the URL but you should find it easily with google.
Someone in the last thread asked a similar question and someone recommend Honeyview, so you can also try that out.

why can't iToddlers play webms?

Attached: file.png (1565x2200, 2.21M)

That's hot.

Thanks. It was easy to find it on google. Didn't think the old one would be included but disabled.

Because webm competes with QuickTime. So it won't support it natively but you can download one of dozens of players available on the app store.

>can't you just export your hex data into a text file
that hex data is a 3gb file so it wont work

what's this size in Krita? The actual image filesize is like 600KB

Attached: file.png (148x88, 4K)

sounds like heat, yes.

did Jow Forums just freeze for about 7 minutes?

Attached: 20181206_225315.jpg (4160x3120, 2.78M)

>D24D3607-6311-4500-81FF-59779C178C7E.jpg

That's the worst advice.

My happy days were with my now exgf who cheated on me. Remembering that ruins my day.

fuck you

yeah, posting has been fucked on and off for weeks.

Anyone else not able to play sound through Chrome? I've tried fucking everything and I can't get sound to play and this is specifically an issue with Chrome. I tried playing audio through Edge and it was just fine.

Why wouldn't it? What's wrong with something like xxd < file | sed ... | xxd -r > file

Correction: ... | xxd -r > file_new
The above would truncate the file before running anything.

What are essential android apps? I just got a new phone and have none of my old apps or data

all the google apps

The size of the uncompressed data perhaps?

xxd -p -c4 < file_in | sed -E 's/aabb.{4}/aabb0000/;s/ccdd.{4}/ccdd0000/' | xxd -p -c4 -r > file_out
Assuming the file is neatly organized into 32bit words. Also, you can do all your substitutions in one go.

how likely could i get a help desk job with an a+ cert with 2 years of customer service exp?

guys where should I use that code?
Im on windows and dont know

bloody chinkmoot

You really shouldn't have an issue getting a tier 1 position.

awesome thanks

side note, would building a pc be considered "experience" for resume?

>considered "experience" for resume
Really, on a resume, the experience listed should be "professional" experience.
You might put that stuff under an "interests" or "hobbies" section, if your resume is small enough.

yeah i dont really have much experience and college is not an option for me unless if i want to get in debt

thanks user

how does a retard like me make a webm?

gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

thanks m8 figuring it out with that

Anyone?

you were just trying to bump thread

Sorry if this isn't a good place to ask, couldn't think of any other board/thread.

Is there any website similar to pastebin that will save an entry made and list when it was made (the date) but also password protect it? Yes I know you can make unlisted pastes but I'm looking for something that can't be viewed even if the URL is crawled.

Attached: 1464371296671.jpg (224x224, 7K)

actually i really dont know how to webm

0bin.net/ should work.
Note that crawling an url composed of, say, 32 random characters is just as difficult as guessing the password.

I've been installing linux distros for years but I never really understood how ISO images worked, and I need to for troubleshooting purposes. First question :

Can all bootable ISO images be burned on a usb key and work properly ? Or does the ISO need to have a special configuration for that ?

This might have to do but it doesn't seem to directly list the date it was written, just that it shows all posts expire 100 years after they're written.

I don'

I don't necessarily have an answer for you but I can tell you that I tried to boot Vista from USB after just dd'ing an old HDD and it almost worked but failed for hardware configuration reasons. Not sure if it was because the machine maybe exceeded Vista's maximums or if the iso doesn't work that way.

So I had 1 of my old toasters, that was running windows XP, die out on me some years ago which I believe it was HDD failure and I've always been too lazy over the years to do anything about it or with it. Would the contends on a failed HDD from years ago still be recoverable or should I just chuck it? The PC is kind of taking up space in my home now.

I take a three day vacation (a real one, not a ban) and all of my filters are gone and half of my settings are reset. How do I get them back?

If the OS was simply corrupted, as opposed to a mechanical failure of the drive, there is no reason that you couldn't recover your data. The disk wouldn't get any worse by sitting around unpowered.

tl;dr - Anyone got an idea of how to format an OEM Windows 10 flash drive? Tried DBAN, GParted, neither works.

My OEM Windows 10 flash drive is corrupt - not sure how, but it cannot complete a full installation. So I figured I'd wipe the drive and use Microsofts "Media Creation Tool" and just make a newer, updated install.

But of course disk manager in Windows wont let you format a partition that contains windows. So I tried live booting Linux and using GParted. Doesn't work either, comes up with some error when I hit delete or format.

So, last resort is DBAN. But even in DBAN this fucking drive shows up as all question marks and I can't choose it as something to wipe.

>but user who fucking cares buy another flash drive for 2 dollars and just make a new one
I want to.

Attached: 1410254649779.png (960x521, 157K)

Is heatpipe kill? Or is this normal?

Laptop is idling at 90C and I'm wondering if replacing paste won't be enough.

Attached: IMG_20190705_164421.jpg (1080x1920, 190K)

normal heat pipe

It was definitely mechanical failure, I remember there were a lot of little signs I was ignoring like hearing pens rattling noise where the HDD sits and random blue screens back when I still didn't know much about computers. The drive was also a seagate drive if that isn't proof enough. I just want to know if files on it would still be recoverable or not.

bash/sh
I guess cygwin would work.
Anyway, what's even the problem with doing a hexdump, using text editor with regex replace and reversing the dump? Can't your text editor handle 6GB files?

You could do a head swap but if you had to ask it might be beyond your abilities.

If you're ready to spend a lot of money for a professional to do it for you it's possible. Several thousand eurodollars possibly.

what does doing this accomplish effectively?

Attached: file.png (871x319, 51K)

Is there a program to download all the images of a thread?
I used to use Ychan for that, but it's abandoned and it breaks with our lovely new 4channel domain.

What solution would be good to fix a squeaky spacebar on a mechanical keyboard? I've looked already, some options are pricey, and you can't use some lubricants since it'll ruin the paint. What do you guys generally recommend as a cheap ez fix?

Attached: tumblr_p0djapd9Kw1sf3h8qo3_250.gif (250x306, 869K)

>You could do a head swap
Did a quick search, this seems like an interesting project for me, I don't mind learning. I wouldn't mind trying this out if it doesn't cost too much. I don't know all too well about the inter workings of a HDD but I do get the gist of it. Is it just the heads that would need replacing or is there more to it?

This replace the usual DNS queries, which are unencrypted and very weak to attacks and eavdropping, by an encrypted version of the protocol, much better for security and privacy.