Pinebook pro

>pinebook pro
pine64.org/pinebook-pro/
preorder starts 25 this month
omgubuntu.co.uk/2019/07/pinebook-pro-preorder-july-25

I kind of want to preorder it but it's going to take for ever. There's also lenovo s330 with same processor but lower resolution screen.
Anybody else want ARM laptop here? Used to have acer c720 with gentoo on it.

Attached: PinebookProISO1.jpg (2000x1807, 372K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pine64.org/pinebook-pro/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Run openbsd in it.

ARM isn't nearly as compatible with software as x86 and it's not even open lol.

This, better to just get a used thinkpad.

>ARM isn't nearly as compatible with software as x86
I use mostly opensource software and have never had problem with architecture compatibility.

good price. ive been looking for an arm laptop for fall semester.

This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen posted.

I've had problems compiling shit but whatever. I only use prebuilt stuff with sbcs.

Enlighten me then

Attached: 4D4CE218-B85F-44A4-88E0-7A8C1BD0E9E1.jpg (900x1199, 129K)

Does it run void linux?

Mali GPU

So when will it be able to load youtube 1080p without hitting >80% CPU?

If all you want to do is install arch, rice i3. and shitpost then I guess it's good. I can't see why else you'd want one.
t. arch installed on a chromebook

All I want is a light laptop for my home banking, emails and shitposting needs

never used anything other than x86/x86_64 in my entire life so i'll ask:
>can i play x264/x265 1080p mkv's with flac audio with no stutter on these or the memepi3/4b?

>pine64.org/pinebook-pro/
the lack of 4k screen and dedicated page up / page dn keys is disappointing.
at least its not fat.

Yes

Literally this has the same power as my 10yr T400
Such is the life of the poor thinkfag.
...Still based.

I use my C201p for everything. No microcode, libreboot, PrawnOS. There are arm builds for pretty much everything. Gets great battery life as well. I got mine for $60 on eBay with a broken keyboard.

>Forum members who signed up before July 1st will get priority
>And a better emmc module
I still want one but that sucks. I wonder if non-forum members could get one before the end of August when classes start up again.

Attached: 1558375007892.jpg (520x390, 36K)

Yeah, pretty much everything has a small video coprocessor or a gpu these days.

I have a pinebook. It would be a decent netbook if the trackpad support wasn't fucked.

Why does even such a meme book get a microphone and camera? We all know it'll be shit anyways..

Attached: Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1968-101-20A,_Joseph_Goebbels.jpg (572x800, 42K)

>1080p IPS
thank god

They could have put a least a 128gb ssd in it.

>I use mostly opensource software and have never had problem with architecture compatibility.
I take it you've never used Big Endian machines, eh?

>lack of 4k screen
the fuck do you need 4k screen on laptop?

Not the same guy but 99% of the software in whatever repo in most distros will work on just about any architecture, and that is not an exxageration. You only run into problems when you try to run closed source faggotry.

In my experience it only really works for precompiled binaries. I mean I may have been a bit harsh in saying that isn't compatible but if you compile from sauce there's always some issue I run into. For example, I was trying to compile MegaCmd on my RPi the other day but it didn't work. There's a lot of fuckery going on.

Spend 200 dollars for a computer with an unfamiliar architecture that doesnt even play youtube well? Sure why not.

>muh youtube
does Jow Forums actually use their computers to compute anything anymore or do you all just sit around and drool in front of a telescreen all day

I haven't tried it so I can't say definitively, but I remember seeing a majority of repos available on any arch.

and here you are! On Jow Forums

yes I am here discussing technology I use for purposes other than mindlessly consuming low quality clickbait "content"

I have the og pinebook and the software is shit. The board inside has some pretty niche hardware and the community is extremely small. Only a few os's have the support to work with the fucked up gpu and display that they've decided on, and the maintenance is garbage on all of them.