OLED is literally healthier

whathifi.com/news/its-official-oled-tvs-really-are-good-for-your-eyes

>The testers found that LG Display's OLED TV panels consist of 34 per cent blue light, lower than the 50 per cent threshold. LG Display said, "while the highest spec 65-inch LCD panels produce 64 per cent blue light, LG Display’s OLED panels emit only half that amount".

Attached: 1561308692521.png (647x873, 240K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nOcLasaRCzY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_blue_light_technology
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

but what about color accuracy?

Meanwhile, in the real world, where our eyes are adapted for

Attached: natural sunlight at ground level.jpg (945x616, 74K)

>adapted for
that is the point you retard. blue light runs our biological clock. if you're using a monitor that emits shitloads of blue light, your retarded brain thinks it's forever daytime, and your sleep hormones get fucked with and your eyes become tired as fuck.

I'm getting one of Gigabytes new OLED laptops when they're out in a few weeks. I've become a true believer.

The point is that most people are active during typical times - they sleep during typical sunlight revolving times. So for the majority of humans they take in blue light sources during expected, typical times and have expected, typical rest-wake cycles.

If anything, forcing blue-light sources below the expected natural level is a negative. If I work in a closed office room with no sunlight (a hypothetical, to be sure) and all my equipment emits less blue light than my body naturally uses for rest-wake signalling, I'm going to perform some measurable percent worse than if blue light wasn't controlled (rather, if it was kept at some level close to natural daylight)

Blue light filtering and/or reduction is an argument for at-home use when someone is winding down to sleep. It isn't a necessity and shouldn't be used across the board.

In short: Less-Blue OLED would create a quantifiable reduction in work productivity and during the day (or whatever your active time is) at least, your phone shouldn't be set to use less blue light.

>during typical times
this is nonsensical. blue light in nature goes down way before it gets dark. this is a signal to your body.

t. basement dwelling neckbeard

Sure but something like 10% of the population don't work during those typical 6AM-6PM cycles.
>being a nigger
>on the internet

I came reallllyyyyy close to buying one few weeks ago. The only thing that got me was how cancer the smart OS lg has and when I looked at the tv from the side the screen was wavey as fuck. Now for most people that wouldn't be a problem but the way you enter through my house and walk through it you see the tv from the side and that would be hella annoying for me to see.

Doesn't matter unless you're a graphic designer. It's good enough, fag.

>but what about color accuracy?
look up reviews....
this is nonsense.

>Watch Livestream
>Cut to static splash screen
>Burned into your $1500+ TV for eternity within minutes
No thanks

youtube.com/watch?v=nOcLasaRCzY

LG's LCD division needs a purge

user you not even one of us

they're trying their best to purge it

far better than any LCD shit

It's true. Blue light kills your eyes. One time I ventured out of my mom's basement for 5 minutes. The sunlight burned on my face. Almost instantly my eyes fell out of their sockets, dead. Mom rushed me to the hospital where they were able to reattach them, but they said my vision will never fully recover. All I can see anymore is shitty threads.

servers you right for not wearing your gaming glasses at all times

PWM will still fuck your eyes up.

did you read the article you retard?

My bad. Kudos to LG I guess. The Samsung panels in literally every other OLED device still have ridiculously bad PWM though.

>The Samsung panels in literally every other OLED device still have ridiculously bad PWM though.

Attached: 1531614392378.png (610x161, 27K)

>2019
>OLED
what kind of panel-burning cancer is this

Attached: 450_1000.jpg (450x300, 46K)

The less blue light a screen emits, the more orange it will appear. They're basically just saying they have a slight orange tint.

>being this retarded
LCD's emit extra blue light, and they're trying to reverse that.

>falling for the QLED meme
leave the thread retard

SORRY I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER MY ZERO BURN-IN NOR YELLOWING

No. This isn't UV or IR light we're talking about here. Blue light is part of the visible spectrum. If a screen doesn't appear especially blue then it's not emitting a disproportionate amount of blue light.

The Aeros? I liked the old design more but the cooling is apparently a lot better.

This is why I don't get the blue light meme. If a screen emits a lot of blue light, it will look blue. If it emits less it will look warmer or overall dimmer.
What's worse, shills sell "blue light blocking" glasses that somehow appear clear instead of orange.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_blue_light_technology
>Current academic and medical consensus suggests there are no known health effects of day-to-day exposure to blue light (visible light with wavelengths 400-450 nm), and it is not regarded as a cause of eye disease, eye strain, or disruptions to circadian rhythm, as distinct from any other frequency band of visible light.[1][2][3] Despite the lack of scientific basis, numerous products and software claim to filter out blue light to prevent eye strain and sleep disruptions. It is illegal in the UK for a health practitioner to indicate to a patient that 400-450 nm blue light causes health effects or affects sleep.[1] Harvard appears to have retracted their health claims regarding blue light in 2018.

Attached: 1559142428360.jpg (503x478, 73K)

when I disable night mode on my phone, it fucking blinds me. there is no way that shit tier article is up to date.

been using my oled as a monitor since march '18, and still no burn-in
i'm still too afraid to turn off taskbar auto-hide, though

Because darkening just the blue subpixels makes the screen dimmer overall. You could have achieved the same effect but without distorting the colours by just turning the backlight down. You fell for a dumb marketing gimmick.

why the fuck are normies so obsessed with brightness? you don't need anything more than 72 cd/m2

Turning brightness to minimum helps with this. Often though minimum brightness still looks too harsh, and blue light filter will make it look warmer and less harsh. This is more about making it pleasant to look at in a dark room than anything medical.

HDR standards call for brightness anywhere from 1000 to 10,000 nits depending on standard
You also want higher brightness because not everyone watches in a dark room

Imagine being too poor to afford an OLED.

Imagine being too poor to afford QLED do you settle for OLED.

>healthier
Except they're talking comfort.
That's enough op. You don't have to lie to sell your product.
At least not in the abstract.

>tfw use my computer and watch stuff exclusively at night and early morning
>always met with a searing pain around 6am
>sometimes have trouble dimming backlights to 80 cdm
All I want are better dimming features, better blacks are nice too but really, just give me better LED's. It's a nightmare to strip out every channel manually with most monitors and TV's.

>[Technology that has a limited lifespan because it's Organic] is literally healthier
>Buy today
>And a few years down the line
>And a few years after that
>Just keep buying the product over and over again it's good for you

Attached: op.png (786x792, 519K)

>It is illegal in the UK for a health practitioner to indicate to a patient that 400-450 nm blue light causes health effects or affects sleep
Gee, I wonder which LED merchant could be behind this?

>he thinks QLED is better than OLED

Attached: Girls.png (449x401, 490K)

>he thinks OLED is better than QLED

Attached: 1562382564452.png (449x401, 400K)

this is pleasing to me. at the extreme end, night lights on ships are red. I slept on my uncle's boat for a week and he left the red night lights on at night. didn't bother me with my eyes closed. didn't make me squint when I woke up at 3 am to piss either. pretty cool

this. its comfortable in low light scenarios

Can confirm that OLED is not a meme. My eyes were burning from a shitty phone I had (Asus Zenfone 2, simple 1080p display), and I recently got the Samsung Galaxy S10 and my eyes don't burn anymore. 1000% not a meme

>get oled tv
>19.99% interest
>based credit
>all those rewards points
>3 years pass
>eyes so healthy don't need glasses
>literally saving money
>optometrist goes broke

Based.

qled is just a marketing buzzword for VA, which has plenty of well known disadvantages such as ghosting, terrible response times, garbage color accuracy and viewing angles.

Blue light doesn't fuck with your biological clock your circadian rhythm is based on genetics.

You're an actual brainlet if you think organic = lower lifetime. Go read up lifetimes for QLED (actual qled, no qd as a filter). Dogshit.

QLED can be applied to any panel tech including OLEDs, retard. When self emitting QLED happens OLED is done.

And yet I'm right.

Human eyes are meant to view 3D things not stare at 2D surfaces and most definitely not stare at 2D that shows things that should be in 3D.

LEDs themselves produce bluelight.
Therefore "reducing blues from monitors" doesn't fully strip out blue light because no LED is actually "white" it's a washed out blue.

Just like incandescent is orange light.
You can increase the brightness to appear more white but it'll never really be white.

The reason is because LEDs are a spark gap which is blue plasma.
incandescent is heated metal which produces resistance based light.

Attached: 12512525.png (474x315, 208K)

I bought a Galaxy A50 recently and I noticed that the screen is really decent for reading white text on black, not so black text on white, for obvious reasons. I find myself using dark modes on everything now. I'm not sure that's the healthiest thing. Also it's proving difficult to find nice wallpapers

Asus and Acer are using QD on their 4k 144hz monitors right now, they are both IPS.

stop lying