Why do people miss this era of Computing?

Why do people miss this era of Computing?

Attached: 6542124487.png (500x372, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gizmodo.com/an-occult-history-of-the-television-set-1521354168
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>loaded question

S

I don't.

Attached: Jetson-Nano.jpg (1200x979, 636K)

>Why do people miss this era of Computing?
Because it was before Poos and Chinks shat all over the quality of software.

Less niggers on the internet

Probably because there were barely any niggers. But I unironically don't, because computing is inherently degenerate. The CRT screen that we used back then was literally created to communicate with demons. Linux programmers become trannies because Unix = Eunuchs, invented in Bell/Beelzebub labs.

I don't miss IDE and molex cables.

With the advent of smartphones, ghetto niggers started pouring onto the internet en masse. Something like 40% of all people in the 18-24 age demographic use mobile devices as their sole means of Internet access

Its when you had control over your operating system, and it wasn't just used as a tool of surveillance and marketing.

Windows XP with service pack 3 was the best operating system microsoft has ever produced. Every release since then has slowly gotten worse.

Mostly, I wish there were still more barriers to entry for computer and Internet use. XP wouldn't be far enough, I'd bring it back to 98 or 95 or something. Whatever is user unfriendly enough to force normies to better themselves, or get the fuck out altogether.

Bcuz it just worked

internet was white men & asians

Because it sucked less.

windows xp had the best user interface of any operating system ever
fight me

pic unrelated

Attached: 33.665001-Atlanta-GA-2007-2010-Custom-2.jpg (1456x900, 272K)

Lol... I remember having a bunch of user accounts and forgetting passwords, a nightmare of files disappearing, ghosting... all sorts of pains

post some sources rabbi

This is your brain on Christianity.

>CRTs are demonic
take your meds

animated desktops, also Jow Forums--->

Attached: that's a puzzler.jpg (550x550, 31K)

>everybody I hate is a jew
Jews literally helped created the internet and own Silicon Valley (along with Catholics).
gizmodo.com/an-occult-history-of-the-television-set-1521354168

that's not DOS

Windows phone 7 was better

I'm 100% serious here. 20th century technology was SPEARHEADED by kabbalists and occultists.

old keyboards

Actually that era was shit, windows 95 was the best.

Is that what we're calling DARPA these days? Boy am I behind on the slang I guess.

Attached: benzine.jpg (174x178, 7K)

No, even before that. I'm talking pre-WWII.

>less spying on your data
>less censorship on your communication platforms
>less reddit fags on your board

Because Im tired of white backdrops, ukeleles and shoehorned racemixed couples that represent 0.5% of households

>Computers
>Pre WWI
I think the posts about niggers being on the internet apply here...

compared with this?

Attached: windows10.png (1920x1080, 3.04M)

XP #1 .

Attached: 1559945389108.png (550x543, 50K)

It was just comfy. There was not as much bullshit. Computers were just computers, not really too infested by globohomo yet.

Mostly because back then the vast majority Internet was a truly wonderful place. Most of the content was genuinly funny, creative, and original. This was before it was invaded by the masses and watered down into the politically correct no-fun-allowed zone that it is today. While there are still isolated pockets of the old era in existence, they too are being slowly invaded and watered down into oblivion.

I'm talking about screens, TV and recording here, which all originates around that time. And I am talking about modern computers as well, with my mention of Unix.

My Nazi

came here to post this

it worked, was aesthetically reasonable while today the entire netscape appear designed to serve machines rather than people.. its bleak, bland and boring while frequently aggravating and annoying to use... the shift to mobile appears to have come at the expense of the home/desktop environment.. I expect it will swing back again after more people begin sprouting bone spurs at the rear of their skulls and get macular degeneration at 22.

Plus you could manually move files around .

I only miss three things about it
1. less botnets
2. less advertising everywhere
3. no niggers and no braindead morons posting twitter screencaps on Jow Forums

They dont miss the computing, they miss that time in general. The computing is just a reminder.

Life was better.

>you actually had to know how to use a computer to get on the internet
This cuts down on an amazing % of retards

I miss the 9x era more.

jews are only capable of that within a white system . = jews riding tall on our backs .

No social media, cpu's weren't spying machines yet.

Even if you're not a Christian, you shouldn't just label this as lunacy. Ted realised all of this before I did, and he was an atheist.

Win10 does annoying shit constantly without asking

Nigger, just stop. It's clear you don't know shit about computers.

I don't I miss command lines.

Jews are only capable of functioning at all within a white system. That's why they have to lobby for Israel, they can't survive on their own.

Anyone who does is nominally retarded. The Internet was degenerate as fuck in this era and pedophiles had the run of many of the spaces as admins.

Attached: 1559233382339.png (632x474, 267K)

Too much gay .

Because normie cunts like you weren't on the internet yet

then the roots are in christianity/judaism, since the "pagans" respected the land and although they weren't against technology were very wary of adopting any technology quickly, especially if it felt to go against natural order.

>Better looking OS
>Less bloated websites
>Less corporate malware
>Less retarded DRM
>Simple,lightweight, cheap games to pass time on low-spec systems(pick related)
>Nostalgia
>Nostalgia

Attached: Insaniquarium.png (200x153, 69K)

it was the wild west, with the highest of highs and lowest of lows

lol

They don't?

Anyone else miss MSN messenger?

Those were the days.

Attached: MSN Messenger.jpg (767x431, 36K)

command lines are the retard filter of computing. Lemme guess--you're on an apple?

Mr Kaczynski was tortured and brainwashed by the CIA before he wrote his manifesto and sent out bombs.

The roots are then in Judaism, which actually does condemn nature. Christians opposed the industrial revolution.
Also, the Greeks nearly invented the steam engine at one point.

This is why dial-up days were king. The minor learning curve of using a dial-up modem, coupled by the exorbant price of PCs guaranteed a nigger-free internet.
But they'll line up to buy the newest iPhone with the most expensive data plan, only to fail to pay the bill a month later so they can change their provider and phone mutiple times a year.
In the two phone # changes I've had in 20 years, both times, I immediately started getting calls from Latasha from recycled nog numbers.

not just the Internet era, but the society era in general

I don't know about the computing, but it is more of the time the computing took place in, late 90s/early 2000s.

Either way, he realised the truth.

>not using TempleOS

Windows 95 was the pinnacle of human civilization. I'd say prove me wrong but you can't.

because they are retards

*buzz*
Pling

Computers are a tool of the devil

>Imagine what a 20 something nigger commenting on a 90s computing thread would look like

Attached: stilll_a_nigger.png (480x615, 585K)

>Why do people miss this era of Computing?
dunno when we were there we though it was bad but now that pajeet as taken the whole fucking IT sector it went to shit so fucking fast it make you want to goes back to does simpler days

you can still use pc you lazy ass niggas

>came here to post this
It's frustrating because I see how devastating it's been to the quality of the entirety of Software Engineering... hell we just saw with the 737 MAX plane's issues -- they had $9/hr pajeets doing the code, and project managers ignoring concerns of the actual engineers.

>grandmas ghost

I dont know what this is, but im spooked

complete waste of digits.

not that I think windows XP is redeemable. But as far as your statement about the internet: I think mistakes were made insofar as the internet was built as a free service, content owners should have been reimbursed for you seeing their content from the beginning. As far as pedophiles, I recall it quite differently during that time, I remember it was about the time that personal pages on i.e. geocities and angelfire were dying off and social media was taking over, blogging was popular, and sites like totse were still around. Maybe you think pedophiles were rampant because of your personal viewing habits? Besides, I think it's a mistake to censor any media, no matter how terrible the things it depicts are. If they are dumb enough to post it, then arrest them, but not for the website, for whatever they did. Do you also think that we shouldn't be able to view video of events like the new zealand mosque shooting? Should we make pictures and video of war crimes illegal too?

This. I started back in the old dialup days and it was wild and fun. Bit slow though.

I'm not a nigger. Quite the opposite since I live in a land no nigger would touch.
>inb4 picrel

Attached: (((((4).jpg (288x435, 27K)

there werent so many niggers on it back then

What's stopping you from installing Windows XP?

What he says applies to Usenet, but not early 2000s internet.

whatever nigger--you're right next to sand-nigger epicenter and you clearly don't know shit about computing.

Win 95 was buggy slow shit, built on top of 100 layers of DOS. I will argue Win 7 was the most stable, but also the beginning of the end, as they began forcing a lot of policies. Non-NT Windows was total shit memory-leaking hell to run reliably. Win XP was much better, but not until SP3 came about, which was 3-4 years into the dev cycle.

There are pre WWI computers you retarded mutt

you dont bring an era back just by getting a tool from the era

We're not sandniggers, however. And I certainly know more about computing than the scriptkiddies roaming around imageboards.

Attached: 23432$$.jpg (1400x1000, 152K)

They're idiots, XP was trash. Full of security holes, super bloated to include a shiny tard interface. Killed off DOS support.

this country needs more stringent privacy laws otherwise a rogue nog at google can doxx your shit

>TyroneDaKilla posted:
>BIX NOOD MUDDAFUGGA IMMA FUKA HONKIE HOE HOE! SPINDAT SHEITT MUDDAFUCKA IWANTSUM PUSSIE HOOOT YA YEET YA! SO WOKE WE WUZ KANGZ N SHIEET WE GUNNA CUM FOR YA WHITIES I STOLE SOME GAY ASS NIGGASS BIKE HAHA BITCH N SHIEET IS A BIG BLAC NIGGA! HAHAHAHA! MUH DICK BITCH! GONNA RAPE SOME WHITE HOES!! OOO SHIEET SOME MUDDAFUGGIN COPS AT MY CRIB! TIME TO POP CAPS IN DEM HOES ASSES! PEESOUTNIGGAS!

the era is the subject not the os, 2k was superior

Always made me feel safer.

Attached: win-win.jpg (394x358, 10K)

Because in the past, tech advancements were centered around the user's quality of life. The notification window on Android used to not be fucked with. Unpopular and useless features like cortana didn't scream at you the second you turned a PC on for the first time.

The end user used to have control over their devices and now they do not. That's the big change, now companies sell us the product AND make us the product.

Windows 95/98 were awesome. Everything after that has been a bugridden mess that gradually bloated with size despite merely being a user interface. Liking Win7 is like playing an MMO with 20gigs of interface mods.

Ahh yes, circa 2004.

Windows XP was still the primary OS of the world (and let's be real, every industrial or commercial network skipped Vista and didn't upgrade until 7).

The Iraq war was still new in every American's mind, and we all just kinda fell in line because if you didn't want to kill sand niggers, you were a terrorist supporter.
You could take out a loan to buy a house at 0 down, 0% interest locked in for 3 years before you got to get that adjustable rate pushing you for 7%.
Gas prices still hadn't shot up above $1.50, so it was both economical and understandable to drive an SUV that got 13mpg when you lived in the suburbs.
Cartoon network had some good shows, Friends just ended (and if you watch the last couple seasons, thank god), and Scrubs was the best daytime soap opera/drama that didn't require HBO.
Limewire was the only way to watch TV without buying the DVD or waiting for the network to broadcast it. YouTube was still very much in its infancy.
MySpace was the king of social media, and y'all can get fucked if you didn't have a page with a good background and theme song.

All in all, it was a great time. Until we all realized that everything great about that time was built on the loss of the future. Iraq wound up being a quagmire. The housing market collapsed as the adjustable rate loans wound up making mortgages worth more than their houses. Petroleum speculators bought up crude to flip it for a buck. Television tastes change. Piracy eventually fell sway to things like Hulu and Netflix. Social media became a method to sell individual's information to advertisers, which we eventually came to "just deal with".

It really set the stage for the modern West.

Attached: 1534373135634.png (1280x852, 1.52M)

>Killed off DOS support.
Legacy support = boot disk. DOS needed to die.

Such a waste.

Attached: N1.jpg (943x714, 113K)

What distro is that? KDE environment?