The absolute state of cs internships

>the absolute state of cs internships

Which of you goys would do this?

Attached: a.png (728x771, 117K)

>Update] [Auto] No new posts
>this unpaid intership-

stopped there

What would happen if you went with this internship, successfully solved the problem which you could prove, but told them you don't give it to them unless they pay for it?

Having an unpaid internship on your record signals to employers that your time isn't valuable. No thank you!

I thought it was standard fare until i saw the no pay part. Fuck that.

that would be based. wonder what they'd do.

Someone will fall for this though. Its only a matter of time. Also think about it they're asking for a spanish speaker. This means possibly nabbing a newly integrated mexican who doesn't know any better and feels the system won't screw them.

repost their intership offer

>71740086
See this is what's wrong with milennials. Perfectly good opportunity to get your foot in the door somewhere but nobody wants to take it. Sorry you can't make 100k starting, you gotta work up the corporate ladder to do that. Pure entitlement.

But why would I work for free when my parents can pay for me to go to Europe?

No one ever said anything about 100k starting. Given that it's an internship, I would expect maybe as much as or slightly less than a junior developer position. Free, however, is not an acceptable price point. If you want someone to do a job for you, you have to pay them for their time.

>do work for free goy
God I hate boomers

wtf is "CEOizing"?

This. I'm pretty sure it's illegal anyways. I don't see any educational exception here at all. They legally must pay the intern. This is a fucking free labor exploitation attempt.

You're not working up to dick you retard. This is literally unpaid work where you will be canned the second you are finished. I also love how they want someone who speaks Spanish. That tells me right there they are looking for someone to take advantage of, preferably a beaner who doesn't know any better and/or is afraid of being deported.

>just learn more javascript bro lmao
Yeah, I would still give it a pass if they trained interns with some cool shit like memory management and computer graphics. But nope for this case.

>you can't make 100k starting
Only if you're shit and live in some village in a flyover state.

>Someone will fall for this though

Honesty that's the part that bothers me the most about these posts. Someone is definitely gonna fall for it thinking that unpaid internships are the norm, only to find out everyone else got paid good money to do their internship. And that person will have nothing to show but a bullshit "reference" from some likely overweight cunt who knows shit about anything tech related.

Boomers fuck off

My IT internship pays $2k a month during the summer and I'm only 17. I pretty much jack-off and occasionally fix shit.

They're inevitably going to make you sign a contract stating anything you make on company time/equipment is theirs. It's a standard thing.

Nice larp faggot

woop woop jannies

>unpaid internship
Free work? No, thanks.

mooods!!1!!1

>time to work for free goys, fill your boss' pockets remember your time isn't worth any pay and if you ask for it you're entitled, only those with 120 years of experience deserve to get paid
The jewest of jews, can't be more jew than this. Actually if you were to be any jewer than this jew you'd be anti-semitic because you can't outjew the jewest of them all.

Attached: 1558930626720.jpg (600x600, 194K)

>cs majors in advanced stages of their studies
>wordpress, javascript, HTML
>unpaid
>CEOizing
So who actually does this?

Attached: 1449717365-002b9982be0d3633b7fc97c2c318e6f4.jpg (500x318, 41K)

This ain’t no Fortune 500 company or a unicorn startup pumped full of VC where you can run elbows with people in the loop. This is a tiny no name company maintaining an uninteresting product.

Doing unpaid lab work at a generic state school is more prestigious.

Ccearch Engine Optim izing

A contract isn't valid without consideration and no, a reference doesn't count

screenshotted for maximum laughs later

>Got a """software engineering""" internship with 0 prior experience, just handed them some uni reports
>Didn't even study CS or engineering
>It's nothing but VBA all year long
>Get free AWS cert training since the business wants to brag about having the most AWS certified employees
>Get weeks off for training for things I'll never do
>$50K
Absolute state of the OP description, never do internships with startups or small businesses. Go large scale or bust and only after that should you look broader if you're willing to take the gamble.

fuck you; pay me

*SSSSSSIP*
Ahhhh. Yep, now SLAVERY, THAT was epic.

Attached: 1536972701361.png (595x510, 227K)

You're dumb.

This. Go for a fortune 500 company, they'll wipe your ass for you. This summer I got:
>free housing in a major city
>$10 for lunch every day
>$25/hour base pay
>overtime
>healthcare
>employee discount on stock
>weekly party with the marketing interns (80% female, lightweights who fall over after 2 glasses of wine)
>a paid day off to take an all-expenses-paid cruise
Not a competitive payscale, granted, but I had 0 experience besides some hobby projects and my classwork. The full-time offer is $70k per year.