The Nintendo Switch Is Still ($300) USD

>Americans pay $300 for a severely underpowered piece of shit that's been out for years already

Attached: download.jpg (258x195, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ANr8xGhc0nE
youtube.com/watch?v=7YVG0U57rLI
hci.stanford.edu/nicolas/
cbr.stanford.edu/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because the industry still supports it.

Also, nintendo aren't known for cutting edge technology

Is that supposed to mean something? Video game consoles offer software libraries, not cutting edge technology.

GO BACK TO /V/ CONSUMERIST SHILL!!!!!!!

Attached: 1541710998902.jpg (640x480, 293K)

that's the dock not the switch you fucking prisoner of her majesty

retards buy sewer water for 30 bucks. so what's new?

This right here. You can either pay $300 for a Switch, or not play Smash Ultimate.

haha retards, i can emulate the nintendo switch and not deal with nintendo's trash hardware
are you too retarded to run an emulator?

Shit game.
Go emulate Xenoblade Chronicles 2 then

Lurk more

Y’all niggas posting in a troll thread

>i can emulate

Irrelevant argument as it has nothing to do with cost of the system, try again :)

emulators for current gen consoles always suck retard

That applies for all consoles though, not just the switch.

Except for the Wii.

Are you actually retarded? Did you just say you could use a more expensive system to emulate a cheaper one like it's a good thing?

Attached: capitalismho.png (482x600, 162K)

You mean the Gamecube Plus.

Took quite a while to get many of the Wii titles running during the Wii era.
Sound in particular was a fucking mess until they came up with the LLE, and games such as rogue squadron were refusing to run well.
Add all the mess with that weirdass frame buffer that could not for example detect the cursor on Super Mario galaxy (making it unplayable) and yeah, took the generation to get where we are.

Sure, but if the Switch is current gen it this time then the Wii was current gen in its time.

Dolphin was running most Wii games at the time of release of those games.

Oh, also accurate Gameboy Advance emulation actually predates the Gameboy Advance by a couple of weeks. I forgot about that one.

>implying its just americans overpaying for this piece of shit

A) Nintendo are known to not be cutting edge on hardware, making up for it in doing things a little differently.
B) They are also well known for direct interference in preserving the perceived value of their products for years after release

>the Wii was current gen in its time
The Wii couldn't even do 720p at a time when it was a standard feature on everything, not just consoles. The graphics were a major downgrade from the PS3 and Xbox 360, both because the hardware was just a faster Gamecube and because the Wii still used DVD's while the other consoles were using discs that could fit several DVD's onto them. The only reason the Wii sold so well was because it was pandering to the casual market which was untapped at the time.

>6kb png.

Fuck you OP

>The Wii couldn't even do 720p at a time
Doesn't mean it wasn't current gen. I'm sorry you paid $600 for a TV, but it didn't mean the Wii was bad.

If it makes you feel better, 360 and PS3 couldn't really do 720p either, so you weren't playing high res gaming either way.

I remember very well trying to run games back then, and while they booted, it had a lot of annoying nags on big titles.
Wii Sports fell quite quickly, but SMG was quite a fucking annoyance.
Music that stops, pointer unable to detect the hook points, incomplete shaders everywhere.

nintendos fault for going with nvidia hardware

underpowered compared to what?

Go back to /v/eddit.

>pay $300 for a severely underpowered piece of shit that's been out for years already
/tpg/ is over here

Devices that use 20 times the power of course.

here in my 3rd world poopsock (Chile) it usually costs the equivalent of 367 dollars, 330 on sale.
As a comparison, the XBOne S can be found for the equivalent of 233 amerishekels and the PS4 slim for 292.
We severely bully nintendofags.

Mario looks great on the portable screen

Attached: D-wJypYU8AANbGv.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

the nvidia shield tv which ironically uses the same chip and costs way less. Nu-ntendo underclocked the CPU to make it produce less heat and enhance battery life. You can bring it back to its stock clock with hacktools but the thing gets hotter and drains power faster of course.
youtube.com/watch?v=ANr8xGhc0nE

That product is worse than a Switch, though. It has less valuable software and both are equally easy to root (if you have an old Switch).

Zen2 APU version fucking when? lmao the Tegra was so shit it made almost every single Switch hackable.

The Switch will probably be the last console Nvidia has any part in. Microsoft and Sony both hate Nvidia.

>Literal /v/ thread on Jow Forums
fuck off

>Microsoft and Sony both hate Nvidia.
More like almost everybody hates Nvidia. I don't think any company that has worked with Nvidia has said anything positive about them after they break up.

>buying a switch when they're already working on its successor

>a piece of hardware "has" less software
This is your brain on consoles. Let's get something clear straight away: hardware is software's bitch, not the other way around. That is, hardware's sole raison d'être is running software. What kind of mentally ill child would buy a piece of underwhelming, overpriced hardware just to run the software its manufacturer artificially locked in?

yeah you can purchase a $4000 Computer to TRY to emulate the games(with currently terrible emulation)
or you can pay $299 and play them the way it was intended.

Attached: YIKES.jpg (514x385, 22K)

>$4000 Computer
You're just as retarded.

The only major thing that bugs me about the Switch so far, besides the lack of easily accessible Homebrew in the current state of its lifespan, is the fact that the dock itself is poorly designed. It just takes a dollar piece of 3d printed plastic to redirect the airflow in the dock properly and lower temperatures enormously. Its really quite bothersome how Nintendo hasn't thought this through. With Homebrew and overclocking, this mod enables much less worry when running emulators at max speed, or ports like Doom/etc without any hitches associated with the poor clock speeds of the Tegra.

youtube.com/watch?v=7YVG0U57rLI

Doesn't stop the prick from selling it for 10 of course. Other than all that, its genuinely the most fun I've had in a console in a long time.

Attached: S&K stax.webm (480x480, 563K)

Modern tegra when? Switch is using 2013 hardware.

And you're still wrong, the Switch has software and the Shield doesn't. Whether it's locked in or not is irrelevant if the locked platform is still able to out-compete the open...ish platform.

I always assumed a custom dock would be needed eventually for the thing.

maybe I am 'new' but why you could not save 300$ since 2016 or buy console on credit for one year?

Ngreedia.

He said you can use a more expensive system that you probably already own, and emulate a cheaper shit system you don't have and do a lot more because it's a computer.

This is Jow Forums, everybody here still bitches at people for own Ivybridge instead of Sandybridge. Claiming people should have spent a thousand dollars on a rig to play BotW isn't really a good argument.

Imagine being so dumb that you think the cost to produce something is the price people buy it at.

>and because the Wii still used DVD's while the other consoles were using discs that could fit several DVD's onto them
The 360 used DVDs, you dumb fuck.

Also I never knew the way a blu ray works is to put several DVDs in it.

Nintendo has sucked hind tit in the console wars since the PS1 came out.

It's not necessary to cool it that much because 99.99999% of people aren't overclocking their switches. Your use case is completely unsupported by Nintendo so why would they build hardware around it?

Dude 90 degrees is really hot, why wouldn't you use a simple plastic wall to reduce temperatures by 20 degrees? I'm actually going to buy one of those.

There's no overclocking going on with his Switch, he's just using it normally.

>Also, nintendo aren't known for cutting edge technology
This.
gameplay > specs

If you are over age 16 and play video games you are a loser

>If you are over she 16 and enjoy yourself in your free time you are a loser

>She instead of age
Fuck I hate auto correct. This is why I avoid phone posting

Turn it off you dumb idiot. Most keyboards have recommended words on top so you can "autocorrect" your words.

why do retards like you not realize that it's not one or the other, you could have both

I'm a lazy dumb idiot you moron.

How can you live with the embarrassment of adding or misspelling words you didn't wish to post? The humanity!

This isn't true because that isn't how leadership works. The people making and marketing the console have limited ability to direct resources and they will create overarching decisions. Time is a resource and it is expended equally, either usefully or as waste.

So when Nintendo produces a simple system, committed EPD to make games for it, and presents it to developers (you'll notice many of them are independent developers) with tools to make games as-is, and then spends time aiding in development of those games, then they end up with the result they wanted and used their time effectively. The polar opposite would be Microsoft, who focuses on hardware and services and kinda just lets game happen, with very few active business deals promoting Xbox specifically.

you're a complete moron
you can and do have both as seen on other platforms
you construct this imaginary reality where you much choose between the two when in reality you can have strong hardware and good games

Every new console offer newer technology the switch just doesn't deliver.

Except Switch has better games than Xbox hands down, with PS4 only having a handful on exclusives.

You just don't get how business deals work. These are small, enclosed software ecosystems and the system leader does make the decisions that matter.

I never get why retards like you are questioning decisions some company made when the company has been proven correct and you have been proven wrong. The strongest system is never the leader in any given generation, and all of Nintendo's successes in the console market have been with dated technology, with all of their "advanced" systems like the N64 being complete duds.

The Switch promises a hardware form factor specially made for gaming and delivers.

>except this shit is better because I say so hurr durr durr
kill yourself
you construct a piece of shit point to argue against when the reality really is that you can and you do have both
you're some retarded nintendo fanboy

So does every console ever

Switch is the first Nintendo console I bought since GCN, try again. I already formed an argument, but you're a retard so you have greentext hurr durr and "kill yourself".

Fact, when Nintendo, or anyone actually, makes a weaker system, they might actually end up the console leader that generation, never if they are the strongest. I'm sorry this makes you mad, but that's just another sign that you're a retard :)

Except those are all the same, or evolutions of the same, since the original consoles in the 70s, and this is not. Form factor is not the PS4/X1's selling point.

you formed an argument against some piece of shit point you yourself constructed
the reality really fucking is that you can have both as is seen on other platforms
>Fact, when Nintendo, or anyone actually, makes a weaker system, they might actually end up the console leader that generation, never if they are the strongest. I'm sorry this makes you mad, but that's just another sign that you're a retard :)
like this shit you argue against has nothing to do with anything, you're a genuine retard arguing against your imaginary retard points

If you put the kept putting the board in a larger and larger box, could you save stuff indefinitely?

Cool show me a video of how the nvidia shield runs games in portable mode I bet it blows the switch out of the water in that regard huh.

>the reality really fucking is that you can have both as is seen on other platforms

What other platforms? Xbox 1 is a joke and PS4 struggles to be relevant vs PC gaming. Both of them promise performance and fail at it miserably.
>like this shit you argue against has nothing to do with anything
It has everything to do with everything. You either get to make some poorly designed pseudo-ricer console that looks pathetic in reality or you prioritize games on low-end hardware. No in-between.
>arguing against your imaginary retard points
You keep saying this as though it's true, lol, again a good sign a retard.

>it's another episode of let's pretend anything not bing bing is bad
I'm just saying how it literally is, there's other platforms that are not tablet computers and have games on them which are good games
you're retarded for even implying this isn't true when it clearly fucking is true

I clearly stated that those systems are pathetic compared to PC gaming, and I have been consistently pointing out the the weakest console is the one that sells better and has the larger library of games.
>you're retarded for even implying this isn't true when it clearly fucking is true
>even implying this
>implying
OH DEAR another sign of a retard :)

>I clearly stated that those systems are pathetic compared to PC gaming
you're not the authority on anything, fact is that there exists shit that's not a tablet, also again you keep going for some arguments for points I am not even making
I am literally saying the truth which is that those platforms exist and do have good games, you can have both¨
but no let's pretend the only way to make something is to have it be tablet tier

>What kind of mentally ill child would buy a piece of underwhelming, overpriced hardware just to run the software...?

Someone who's time is valuable enough that building a bootleg video game console isn't worthwhile.

Someone that cares about intellectual property.

Someone that wants to play games on a system that'll have random bugs until it's out of date.

>you're not the authority on anything, fact is that there exists shit that's not a tablet, also again you keep going for some arguments for points I am not even making
You have it backwards, you clearly think you're the authority, and I don't care what point you think you're making, all you've been able to sputter is that you think those systems have good games and then you have the gall to balk and counter-arguments while queefing ad hominem as justification for your stupid point of view.
>but no let's pretend the only way to make something is to have it be tablet tier
I didn't say that, but that's much closer to the truth and the bullshit you believe. The NES was literally 70s technology with some updated RAM, and it took the world by storm.

OH but apparently they should have stuffed the latest x86 CPU in there to have "both".

no I don't but I am right in saying you can have both, you're the one who then goes on about all sorts of things not relating to this, it's just true that you can have both as is seen in reality
it's stupid that you can't comprehend something so fucking obvious but here we are
it boils down to you hating everything not nintendo

More stupid ad hominem. Enjoy your uninteresting pseudo-PCs, retard :)

you're delusional but everything not nintendo continues to exist even so

I'd rather have a nintendo console that doesn't sacrifice the gameplay experience in any way, so basically a simple box with as much power you can put in it for a reasonable price, I want to experience the games in the best possible way after all

What's the point of releasing newer hardware then?
Games should be improving and with it hardware to play them on.

Your point being?

it's also funny how most of the games are ports from wii u anyway, games that people didn't care about enough to buy a wii u in the first place... but now they suddenly matter because it's a new console

The Japanese have adopted the way of the jew easily.

It's an amazing technology actually. I still can't figure out how they fit all of those pokmons in the machine!

When they can run it fanless at current performance.

Hijacking this video games thread to remind everyone to get in early on the one true crypto currency of the future.

You already missed the Bitcoin gravy train, so you don't want to miss this one.
Pi Coin fixes the fundamental flaw of Bitcoin and other meme coins by making coins premined, and simply distributing them at fixed rates, the earlier you join, the more you get, so this runs on your phone with no power impact.

Pi Coin was developed by Stanford PhDs and instructors who simplified crypto into a user friendly app that already has more real people using it than all other meme coins combined, and is on track to be the world's first mass adopted crypto.
hci.stanford.edu/nicolas/
cbr.stanford.edu/

Distribution rates are high right now but will be halved each 10x userbase spike. It just passed 100K users, so you are still getting in super early.
minepi.com

Currently Pi Coin is invite only, so an invitation code from an existing user is required to register:
>konakona

Attached: 1555273644041.webm (814x594, 2.49M)

I don't know what gameplay you're going to experience with a 720p plastic screen...

If you guys keep letting threads like these in Jow Forums, the distinction between /v/ and Jow Forums will be only getting more and more blur.

>and PS4 struggles to be relevant vs PC gaming
PS4 gaming is the primary platform for AAA games today. Switch only gets so many exclusives because its graphics are like a generation behind all the other platforms, and devs basically have to make like two very different versions of their game: one for the Switch, and another with much better graphics and technology for all the other platforms. They only opt to make for the Switch sometimes because its fans will buy up anything for it

how do we create a crypto backed by thots