Is it time for a new computer?

Is it time for a new computer?

Attached: specs.jpg (674x532, 97K)

BRING BACK THE PHENOM BRANDING
>Phenom X6 here
>It still runs everything I need + games

No. It's time for gentoo

do you actually play games
if yes do you see yourself going beyond 1080p60?
is the answer no for either of these buy a RX 5700 and you'll be good for the next 5-10 years

WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU USE IT FOR

thanks /v/

Work and some games. No recent titles, like 5-10 year old ones. I cant play max graphics on them though.

Does that have a CPU backdoor?

yes, it's time for a new computer. but in case you don't want to or can't, I'd definitively put a SSD in there and run the OS off that. I was actually using a Athlon II x3 when I bought my first SSD and boy what it like night and day vs using a HDD even then. That's a cheap upgrade. Everything beyond that will be a bit expensive, if you are upgrading anything else you're looking at basically everything but case and PSU.

No I'm using a phenom 9950 (original phenom not phenom ii) with 4gb of ddr2 and a Gts 450 with no ssds and it's still perfectly usable for most tasks including some games.

YES, TIME FOR AN UPGRADE.
DEPENDING ON PRICE
RYZEN 1600
8GB DDR4 3000 MHZ RAM
RX 570

OR BUY NEW
WAIT FOR RYZEN 3000 SERIES
OR IF YOU FIND GOOD DEAL ON RYZEN 2600
RX 570 OR 580

I had that exact same computer up until recently. I'd still be using it if it didn't shit the bed.

What AMD CPUs are good these days? I'm about 8 years behind the times.

Also, SSDs are stupid cheap now! I remember when 250gb went for a few hundred.

AMD RYZEN, ANYTHING FROM 1600 UP TO NEW RYZEN 3000 THAT LAUNCHES SOON. GET BASED ON PRICE.
MOST START AT 6C/12T, RANGING UP TO 12C/24T FOR DESKTOP PARTS.
SSD'S ARE CHEAP NOW YEAH, JUST GET A 480GB ONE UNLESS YOU NEED THE STORAGE, PROBABLY GO A HDD IN THAT CASE.

Ok so I just dicked around on New Egg and came out with this.

I have a 650w power supply that I'll put in the new rig, along with my current CD/DVD burner.

Should I change anything? I'm happy with the price.

Attached: new build.jpg (979x1025, 167K)

We're literally days away from AMD dropping new CPUs and GPUs. Just wait a little.

i have the same cpu and it bottlenecking my rx470 ridiculously
also upgrade to 8 gb dual channel for some reason that really improved my performance going from 4+2

Not really interested in newer stuff. I'm looking for cheaper older stuff that runs better than my current stuff.

The THUBAN is the Chad of CPUs

Attached: tumblr_ozlhkghXhe1s05isjo2_250.jpg (250x332, 19K)

b450 doesnt have XMP so dont bother with ddr4 above 2133 or 2400mhz if its any cheaper

you can get a used rx 570 for a lot cheaper than 150$ on ebay, they arent very hot cards so theyre pretty safe buys to get used
i would suggest a cheaper SSD but really thats just personal preference to me, you can get a 500gb crucial mx500 for about 10-15$ less than the 860 evo

the diypc vanguard is a really nice case, but it does suffer from some airflow issues due to the way the motherboard tray is perforated, it tends to "leak" air in a sense if you have positive pressure
its not a big deal with low heat components but if you were to upgrade in the future to an SLI setup, it would be wise to block off those vent holes on the front of the motherboard tray

overall though i would also still recommend waiting on ryzen 3000, its coming out in i think a day or two now? might be better processor options at that price point

>b450 doesnt have XMP
Yes it does...

You don't have to buy the new stuff, prices will keep dropping to remove old stock. How can you not understand this?

i confused it with intel chipsets, dont mind me, im retarded

It's past your bedtime. Move along.