Does Steam have googleshit built in?

Does Steam have googleshit built in?
Would this relate to google's tracking, or are they simply using chromium just to run their client?
Any resources that can point me around?
I'm trying to scrap google's file on me but there are some programs I still use and have accounts with.
>inb4 videogames are for children
This LARP is getting old, there are gaming GPU threads every day.

Attached: steam.png (512x512, 21K)

>Does Steam have googleshit built in?
no

Afaik Steam is full of Valve botnet, not Google botnet
Doesn't stop me enjoying vidya though

Attached: 1557579369764.png (1127x686, 59K)

they don't use chromium.

>inb4 some freefag tells me it's proprietary
I fucking know nigger, and I know chromium is still botnet

Pic related, why i got concerned
I think they're just referring to chromium, but i can't tell.

I think Valve makes too much money selling games to care about actively tracking their users. They also come from an era that refuses to get with the times, and that's probably a good thing their business model and client design is stuck in 2008. The recent redesign from 2018 looks like something from 2012, so lets hope their marketing department is still 7 years behind

Then what is the embedded version of google chrome they use now????
Mentioned in pic related.

Attached: signal-2019-07-06-160241.jpg (1080x973, 146K)

it has a google captcha on the account creation page

>open steam
>play game
>close steam
Oh no, Valve is going to know what games I play.

>open steam
>play game
>close game
>leave steam open and do whatever shit i usually do
oh no valve knows what games i play

and its google chrome, not chromium or ungoogled chromium

>Does Steam have googleshit built in?
Yes, some. Plus they botnet data on their own anyhow.

Wrong. Even your profile page has google trackers.

everything is a buttnet, pack up and move to the forest before the nsa gets u !!!1

>steam relies on chrome
Literally everything is chrome-based now. Dystopian present.

>being scared of google
stop larping

Attached: 1434050997213.jpg (386x363, 38K)

Go glow somewhere else nigger

Burger marketing companies want to make this the "normal" situation, but it actually isn't entirely yet. Even so the situation has progressed far and we can only hope the US government steps in at some point.

Anyhow, on the average Linux distro with open sauce software, few to no things track you (inb4 Burger Ubuntu does it) and they generally aren't integrated into the marketing data sharing network even if

based

What does that even matter? They already were using google analytics and recaptcha and shit for a long while before. It didn't just come with Chrome.

This place here also uses google and cloudflare, so he's probably glowing in an appropriate location?

well, even the government have to respect my space.... if not, i have to move to the jungle, or i have to start a movement..... and thanks god i am ugly, those people who work for the government still being people :)

It matters because chrome is now a monopoly on everything. It's the only platform worth developing on. Desktop shit is now chrome-based, you have your chrome-based chats, code editors, IDEs, browsers, game launchers, whatever. Mobile development is infested with chrome. Web monkeys target only chrome and don't even bother with the rest. Chrome as a platform became the new Java. It's so ubiquitous it's insane.

You mean the application? Yes, it's based on Chromium.

>what is the embedded version of google chrome they use now
CEF, most likely.

I guess you're right about this one, but ultimately Java didn't really cause a huge problem (beyond the Applets meme that wasn't really one of the worst plagues overall anyhow - Flash was far worse).

Chrome also shouldn't be a huge problem as long as open sauce Chromium also works.

steam and its drm is one of the least botnet programs out there. However be aware that VAC, third party acs and third party drm technologies can be botnet.

Reminder that Steam harrass you to install an authenticator app while all other clients (EA Origin, Ubi Uplay etc) allow you to use the standard google authenticator apps, Steam requires you to install their own personal spyware so they can harvest your phone data.

Yeah but Valve are totally based, just install their spyware DRM client who cares lol it's totes harmless!

>implying that google spyware is somehow better than steam spyware

They definitely use CEF.

I'm going to tell you it's proprietary anyways.
It's proprietary.

Steam client is a chrome browser.

I think what this boils down to is whether using Google's version of Webkit, Blink, in your software means Google can track people that use your software.

Isn't the source code for Blink open?

just run it with the -no-browser parameter to disable cef

>being afraid of Valve
>not being afraid of gookmoot
do you people even have functioning braincells?