How come an almost 2 decade old monitor i found in the basement has better colors than the laptop i bought last year

How come an almost 2 decade old monitor i found in the basement has better colors than the laptop i bought last year.

Attached: IMG_20190706_112653_HDR.jpg (3264x2448, 3.71M)

Other urls found in this thread:

productz.com/en/cmv-ct-522a-monitor
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

define better colors

they "pop" more

1366x768
also only Macs have good laptop screens

Because your laptop is cheap shit.

Eh, there are plenty good laptop panels. Good ones are expensive though.

Oh yes, what a good indication of "better colors".

your feelings aren't facts
come back with some actual specs and measurements

Because CRTs are better than anything that is being made nowadays

Even FHD is shit. But winblows UI and scaling is shit so it is usable but degrades eyesight.
I urge you to try a retina MacBook (even if used with winblows) or get a 4K screen, turn on large scaling and I guarantee when you get back to your old displays all you will see are jaggies and eyestrain.

Because cheap laptops have godawful screens
Always have and always will

That monitor looks fantastic, is a pro item?

honestly i have no idea, dad bought it as part of a used desktop to be my frst computer on my 5th birthday.
The model is Genx CT-522A if that helps. Even if it was shit i would still have used it, because of the personal attachment i have to it. I'm just glad we didn't throw it away it still works so good

I've had a retina MacBook, by today's standards they aren't that accurate or high DPI anymore. There are actual modern 4k IPS panels on laptops that easily beat retina MacBooks, even with wider sRGB range.

>black is fucking blue on the laptop
You guys are actually blind.
The same reason a midrange stereo from the 80s or 90s sounds better than or on par with an expensive stereo today. Prices of already perfected technologies get lower on average due to competing companies, and for other companies to compete while making the same profit, corners have to be cut.
It's happening to SSD's now. The new models of SSD's are worse because they're being aimed at the general consumer now, not the professionals.
A man would pay a hefty fee for an SSD a few years ago and feel satisfied because his investment was justified by the quality of the product.
You buy an SSD now, of course you're going to buy an affordable one, but since the market is affordable, the quality you get is greatly reduced because you went for the new competitive consumer-aimed option. Those who buy the professional ones are laughing, for their investment paid off. Basically saving money is a scam. Degrade quality greatly for a small reduction in an already expensive item.

productz.com/en/cmv-ct-522a-monitor
I think this is it

>monitor only came out in 2004
>so it had to be 2004+ turning OPs 5th birthday
OP a zoomer faggot

>You guys are actually blind.
What? OPs screens are ass, who claimed otherwise?

Also, that's a beautiful screen. Does it's color accuracy in the image look exactly the same in real life?
Those are some strong oranges.

The model number is right there on the image you dummy

You're actually retarded if you even think LCD panels from the mid 2000's were "perfected" or even remotely good. OPs laptop is just that much ass.
Any cheap IPS panel made in the past 5 years is going to easily beat both in contrast, colour accuracy and brightness.

Nobody in the early/mid 2000's used LCD panels for professional work, they still used high end CRTs for colour critical work, because those panels sucked big time.

The three guys i replied to couldn't tell the difference.

No, I stated perfectly fine that both are shit, see:
>Because your laptop is cheap shit. (talking about the laptop)
>Oh yes, what a good indication of "better colors". (talking about the supposedly better screen on the left which is shit too)

Problems understanding English?

>expensive stereo today.
Yeah, no. Get an actual 5000 USD amp and it's going to be batter in every way
The reason why midrange stereos from the 80's and 90's are used and praised is because they are good enough for their price which is usually very low, specially compared to good equipment of today

t. own buttloads of both

That's just my shitty phone's camera. IRL the colors are pretty nice. Resolution is still bad though so take that for what it is. Also this monitor gets surprisingly hot. I'm pretty much a zoomer, were screens always getting hot?

Wow, i thought that was a CRT for a second. Man am I dumb. I was focusing on the image and didn't even take a second to look at the monitor itself.
Too many CRT vs LCD threads I have seen in my day, forgive me for instantly assuming this was another.
And yeah, fucking LCD sucks.
LED masterrace.
I didn't have any issues with plasma TV's either, they look great - especially the panasonic ones but i dont know if they'll be around in 5-10 years

Attached: 1491968914488.jpg (817x857, 63K)

My Surface Pro 6 has a pretty good display, definitely on par with my retina MacBook.

Calibrate it and it might become bearable

How many cocks can you fit in your mouth?

Sorry i replied to the wrong person, youre not a dummy.
I said the oranges looked good.
Also yeah, early 2000's screens get hot, had a few hand-me-downs from the XP era. I'm a zoomer too, but i grew up poor. Right shame when people assume I know nothing when I grew up only being able to afford tech from the previous decade. Hold on to your old tech, you'll never know when the nostalgia will come back. This board makes boomers, regardless of your current age.

And the award for most meaningless post goes to...

Congratulations Zoomer. Maybe with the prize money you can afford a real man's computer like a thinkpad or something.

they get hotter because they use a CCFL backlight (it's power supply makes the heat), rather than an LED backlight

back in high school i had a bunch of 1280x1024 monitors because 16:9 monitors were the new hotness and everyone got rid of their old monitors, so i scooped them up to use as a second monitor. nobody wanted to be caught dead with a 4:3 screen and its still like that to this day

people ITT don't understand that the cheap monitors you can buy for $100 have a legitimate chance of being worse than a $600 flat panel from 2004 even though it is TN, CFL, and 4:3. obviously if you are buying a new monitor then its going to be incrimentally better than something bought at the same price point in the past but your budget ASUS monitor is not as good as you think it is in comparison to an 'ancient' monitor that cost as much as your entire computer

>comparing lcd with an lcd
come back when you find an CRT monitor on the basement

Attached: snapshot_15.10_[2016.12.23_02.34.31].png (1920x1080, 2.77M)

>Buzludza
Maybe you should lower the color temperature on the laptop

because LCD is 3 decades old tech.

*loud 1366x768 noises

>LED masterrace.
LED TV/monitor is just a marketing term for LCDs that use LEDs for the backlight.

Your laptop screen is simply cheap garbage like 95% of laptops.