/pcbg/ - PC Building General

Some leaked benchmarks are out. Official embargo for reviews is on 7/7, likely 9AM EST

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming(dGPU optional).
>R5 2600 - Good 60fps+ gaming CPU; great value
>R5 3600 - midrange; good for all but the absolute highest end GPUs
>R9 3900X/3950X - High end; highest FPS

>Intel CPUs are now defunct. Even used i7 workstations are no longer worthwhile due to vulnerabilities and related performance regression

RAM:
>Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks is the only recommendation for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 minimum
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>GTX 1660 - higher fps or for more demanding games
>RX 5700 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RX 5700 - 75-100fps+ in most games
>RX 5700 XT - Higher framerates
>2080ti - Highest possible framerates, but poor value
2160p (4K)
>5700 XT Overclocked - budget option
>RTX 2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive
OpenGL on Windows
>Nvidia

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING imgur.com/a/RTbKAxD
>AM4 VRM listing: make an imgur link, someone
>Yes, adaptive sync (freesync) is important
>A 256GB+ SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>NVMe do not give faster boot/load times than a fast SATA SSD
>"Bottleneck checker" sites don't work
>Don't use Speccy

rentry.co/pcbg-more

Last thread

Attached: lucky.jpg (1953x1382, 600K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/amd/comments/c9t6ft/_/
asrock.com/mb/AMD/X570 Taichi/#BIOS
youtube.com/watch?v=84RxK4N1wfE
msi.com/Motherboard/support/b350-pc-mate
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

BASED

Quick anyone dump Wolfenstein benchmarks where Ryzen gets 297 fps and intel gets 300 fps

Attached: 1562337049943.png (959x995, 105K)

It's NOT FAIR that Intel's stock memory frequency isn't higher
It's NOT FAIR that Intel still loses when unlocked at 200W power consumption with MCE enabled. It should be at 300W and with 4000MHz RAM to be even. Also, please disable half the cores on Ryzen.

I want to cum inside Dr Lisa Su :)

novideo virgins and intcels on SUICIDE watch

Attached: 416x416.png (416x415, 211K)

I'm doing my first proper build and I'm kinda fucked right now, I must have gotten the polarity wrong for the front panel connectors and now I'm lost. I have a power, reset and a positive and negative LED wire which I'm trying to connect to a Asus m5a78l-m plus usb3 board. I tried switching it on and nothing, but the light on my gpu is on and the light from the motherboard ethernet cable

if it's any help: you literally can't fuck up the polarity of the start button so if it doesn't start up when you push it the problem is to be found elsewhere

polarity on the front panel switches doesn't matter.

I am about to return my 4th monitor since all of them had issues. Please suggest me something. This is frustrating.

I am looking for a 4k, 10 bit, 100% or more SRGB. (I don't print) with deep blacks. Probably IPS. Currently sitting in front of a 32" but I am gravitating more towards a 27" as I need to fullscreen often and only sit around 50cm from the screen.

What I had here already: PD3200U and PD2700U. All with terrible white level uniformity and the last one with a bad backlighting. (Not IPS glow).

I finally want to get back to work here. Do i really need to spend 1000€ or more?

maybe put them on the other way around

>deep blacks
>IPS.
lol yeah not gonna happen

If the 2070S is just a 2080, and they aren't retiring the 2080 TI, so the 2080S can't be as good as that, is there any reason to wait for 2080S?

So the embargo lifts 7/7, but what time zone?

guess

lowball 1080TI fag here
I miss something?

they might retire the regular 2080 just like they did with the 2070? Other than that I don't know.
Unless you really need the 2080ti performance I'd get a 2070S right now.

well the blacks were never a problem on those I had, comming from a decade old FullHD samsung. SO disregard that.

i'm a retard that doesn't use the computer for any work-related tasks, the pinnacle of productivity for me is translation and modding, the rest is just web browsing and games. 3600 or intel price equivalent?

just get a piledriver, and install gentoo

1080ti Chads have nothing to fear. A whole new generation of consoles will come and go and the 1080ti will still play AAA games at high-ultra 1080p / medium-high 1440p.

9400f is all you need

Pacific time since AMD HQ is in California?

That's good and all but I'm not upgrading my workstation until the CPUs drop by about 100$.
So probably around next summer.

Attached: i'll pay premium for no ricershit.jpg (1000x1000, 149K)

I think it's actually 9am eastern time.

So 24.5 hours from now?

Should I buy a 4th gen i5 from chinks on aliexpress or is it a ripoff?
They're pretty cheap and have free shipping.

how do i get my 2700x to stop being retarded? the little nigger is clocking itself to 4.3ghz and it wasn't doing this a few days ago.

Attached: 1559772858415.png (784x640, 548K)

yes. 2PM UK time, 3PM EU time.

You need to stop being retarded first and make a post we can actually respond to.

>clocking itself to max boost speed
>retarded
really makes you think

ill just be watching youtube videos or browsing and its cranking itself as high as it will go. it was not doing this a few days ago

Yeah it was

NUUUUH-UUUUUUUUUUUUHHH

that's a nice looking board

Some cheeky cunt managed to buy one early

reddit.com/r/amd/comments/c9t6ft/_/

Attached: czntecu3io831.jpg (2268x4032, 1.04M)

Was obvious third worlders would start getting them today. Now we wait for their shit flawed benches to get posted everywhere.

dont be mad whyte boi

Reminder AMD drivers have issues with older games. So if you care about replaying older classics, consider heavily if you are ready to deal with games that flatout don't work or work with issues like unstable frametimes/stutters or lack of visual options.

Attached: vega troubles with kotor.jpg (1479x585, 173K)

Nobody cares.

The review was done on the old bios version. The new Bios improves the 3900x performance. RIP incels
asrock.com/mb/AMD/X570 Taichi/#BIOS
>Enhance Ryzen 9 CPU performance

My board of choice, now I only need to find a fitting GPU.

Do "gamers" even buy AMD? Seems like this would not be a problem irl.

Are motherboards always backwards compatible with older cpus? If it says that it supports i7 8th 9th generation cpus, will it support for example a i5? Is the only thing that matters is the chipset?

that's why amd for cpu, nvidia for gpu is the best option

This has already been debunked.

chipset and socket type must both be compatible.

>playing 20 year old bioware shit
Literally why.

Yes but he made collages of charts user, who cares if they're wrong?

Thx bruv

Use a direct x wrapper like dgvoodoo you dumbass

Don't be so jealous, we both know you're a 1st worlder who doesn't even have a job

Attached: 3rd world specs.png (639x202, 14K)

>R5

Attached: TmIFy-bq_400x400.jpg (351x351, 20K)

Not all of us are trying to compensate for lack of penis size user

Any suggestions for a fast m.2 drive and a big QLC drive to complement it?

no PCIe 4.0 platform is out yet so we don't have comprehensive reviews of PCIe 4.0 drives yet

Is 1.375 Vcore bad for my Ryzen CPU? Nobody seems to agree on what is a safe voltage.

Attached: 1.375V 4200mhz.png (1122x766, 73K)

Okay, I'll admit Ryzen CPUs are far better value than Intel CPUs, but don't ever unironically recommend AMD GPUs for gaming again

It's probably fine but why bother? You bought an X chip that has PBO and XFR, just run it stock.

Attached: Untitled.png (1404x791, 371K)

check windows power settings

Raw performance isn't everything
AMD GPUs have terrible driver support and generally won't work with anything else than the latest mainstream AAA trash games
Good luck playing older or indie titles on your AMD bugfest

Hopefully AMD takes some of that Zen 2 money and invests more in their GPU division

I am sure you want it swept under the rug. But the people who do care, I am sure would like to know this before hand.

Some do.

Pretty much seems so right now.

No it has not been. The issues are listed in the PC gaming wiki, there is plenty of forum posts on this if you just google "kotor AMD/ATI cards crash" or not working. The same shit for other old games.
The drivers on AMD gpus are really sloppy in this regard as they only support the newest games but old games, they don't give a flying fuck about fixing the issues.

Because it's fun?

>Use a direct x wrapper like dgvoodoo you dumbass
Interesting soluton, I tried it but can't seem to get it to work with Kotor. Any advise? Have you yourself got it to run?

I'm sorry you only play hentai visual novels

Does anyone know any valuable cpu cooler equally to Noctua perfomance?

katawa shoujo works fine on vega

no, Noctua is the cream of the crop. Not even AIO's can top it.

Amazing how true this still is

Attached: nodriver.jpg (311x837, 75K)

I am in need of assistance. My PC is too old. ATI 7770, FX 4170, 8GB RAM. I found a used XFX RX 580 4GB for 100 euros. Brand new costs like 170 in my country.
Obviously it will bottleneck as hell but is it worth buying and later upgrading the CPU/RAM/Motherboard? I only play in 1080 and don't mind losing shadows and stuff in games. The OP says to look for >1240MHz RX 570 but the cheapest one I can find is 145 euros albeit an 8GB version. Please advise.

Attached: 225c12f3.jpg (429x600, 50K)

>NVMe do not give faster boot/load times than a fast SATA SSD
Really? Source?

30 fps are so true for amd.

Attached: amd.png (311x1670, 392K)

Type "NVMeme vs SSD boot time" and you will find plenty of sources. Suit yourself.

Fuck off shill.

Le grand macho rt
Be quiet dark rock pro 4
Be quiet dark rock 4
Scythe mugen 5 rev b
Scythe fuma 2

youtube.com/watch?v=84RxK4N1wfE

Is Fractal Node 202 the best small size/value. Need a SFF case I can bring with me traveling.

so I have been trying to get it to work for like 30 min now.
How did you get it to work?

>ryzen 3000 BIOS update isn't out for my motherboard yet
should I be worried?
msi.com/Motherboard/support/b350-pc-mate

Theyre probably gonna retire the old 2080 once the 2080S comes out like theyre doing with the 2060 and 2070

Probably cause KotOR is still one of the best RPGs ever made.

>Fractal Node 202
Personally I would opt for something even slightly bigger unless you are specifically using low TDP parts. I've seen people have thermal issues with that case

I need to upgrde my ram. Its a ryzen 1700 on a crosshir vi hero. I paid extra for 3200mhz c14 at thw time, but does that b die stuff still matte specifically to this setup? im going to be doing video editing and rendering so either going for 32gb or 64gb

Attached: 1553251264580.webm (600x600, 2.69M)

yes

Should I buy a 4th gen i5 from chinks on aliexpress or is it a ripoff?
They're pretty cheap and have free shipping.
FUCKING NIGGERS

So, I'm building a PC for my cousin and he's aiming for mixed-high settings at 60-80fps+ in singleplayer and non-competitive stuff (mhw, cyberpunk, path of exile and so on) and 100-120fps+ on competitive settings on multiplayer shooters(ow, apex, csgo, insurgency etc). How does pic related looks? We are looking at budgets including up to 1440p monitors but that becomes expensive quickly.

He says the he would like to avoid tinkering/upgrading the computer for at least 3-4 years and at the most add another 2 sticks of ram down the line. But I'm going to make him build the computers himself that way he becomes more confident in upgrading and doing stuff to his computer down the line and also that way he can troubleshoot the computer himself if anything goes wrong eventually. That's why I'm adding the second build with the ultra cheap 1600+mobo combo from microcenter. I've personally tried a few 1600's and even used one on my personal computer for a while and all of them could to at least 3.9ghz and 3000mhz cl15 on the ram and that was plenty enough for my own vega 56 at 1080p to give me those target framerates. But I still think the safest bet is to stick to the 3600 with a 5700 non xt or a normal 2060 and a 1440p monitor and just upgrade the gpu in 2-3 years. But if he still insists on a pc that it has to absolutely last for 4 years minimum without upgrades then I would pick the 3600+2060s/5700xt+1080p monitor. I think those gpus will last as long as a gtx970 has lasted for 1080p. And 1080p144hz will be a massive upgrade over his sad 17" 5:4 monitor.

Attached: blregh.png (913x772, 29K)

Should I buy a 2600 to upgrade my 1400 or wait for the 3600?

Does the 3600 use still the same socket? Will I need to wait for a mobo firmware update first to use the 3600?

Found a guy in a town nearby selling an Asus Dual GeForce GTX 1660 Ti OC for 215€ since he got another card for his birthday. It was bought less than a month ago and it has warranty but reviews and opinions claim it has the shittiest cooling imaginable. Any of you guys can comment on it?

It's now been near an hour since I'v been trying to get that wrapper to work with KOTOR.
This shit doesn't seem to be working with that game.
Unless you can tell me how you got it to work with it?

Someone needs to explain to me the relationship between power limit and GPU voltage & frequency because I'm not entirely sure of it myself and I can't get a clear answer.
What I'm trying to do is underclock my card while retaining the highest possible mhz. My case is a bit too small for v56 so at anything above -20% power limit, its practically impossible to keep cool, thus it overheats. What I currently have is pic related, and I'm using a mix of Heaven and game benchmarks to get something stable. Does it look correct? Am I on the right path? I haven't crashed or anything thus far, but one video I watched talked about increasing power limit to +50% because limiting the voltage without it puts the card at risk, and I obviously don't want that.

Attached: underclockandundervolt.jpg (1139x563, 56K)

same socket, that was he whole point. the 3600 is the god cpu

yes, 2070 and 3600. ram will be wasted most likely if thats already 16gb

the trade off my man. coolimg can be fixed with a bunch of fans

Decided on buying the hype train and upgrading to R5 3600/Radeon 5700, what kinda board should I get with them? Does anyone have good deals going on?

How much do you guys think 2060s will go for by September?

should i upgrade from 2600 to 3600 or wait for gen4? (hoping it will still be on AM4 and my b350 mobo will support it)

So will AMD beat Intel in emulation?

Attached: 20190706_130653.jpg (106x155, 17K)

what motherboard for an r5 2600x? price isn't too much of an issue

Why would you buy that over a 5700? Assuming you're gaming.

I don't get the "I need a high end PC for emulation" meme. My mid range 2012 PC emulates everything up to and including PS2/GC games. Anything you buy today will too. Are PS3 games hard to emulate or something and that's what people need a PC for? It's mostly a crap console, anyway.

you clearly get it, ps3 emulation is where its at