Blocks your distro hopping

>blocks your distro hopping
nothing personal kid

Attached: arch linux logo.jpg (1600x1341, 180K)

Other urls found in this thread:

packages.debian.org/sid/chromium
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Friendly reminder that Debian 10 (stable) is around the corner.

Attached: 0.png (958x998, 83K)

I keep coming back to it despite the bad logo

Sorry guys, I attached the wrong image. This is what I meant to post.

Attached: ubuntu-logo32.png (200x200, 13K)

why would anyone use distro with outdated software on launch and incompetent devs

Falseflaggers are worse than faggots.

I sure do love using distro from company that doesn't care about desktop anymore

>outdated software on launch
NEWER IS BETTER REEEEE!11
>incompetent devs
Prove it or never happened.

Chromium lagged by few versions several times because retard devs can't compile and patch it properly, like right now, it's on version 73, while lastest Chromium is 75
God knows how many packages have that problem
Enjoy security holes

That's not Debian.

>latest chromium is 75
packages.debian.org/sid/chromium
You don't say.

it is not outdated though. They froze the release in march and there will be backports afterwards

>Udindu
>good

Fucking lel. It was a good normie entry distro 10 years ago, but even Fedora is better now.

>it's on version 73, while lastest Chromium is 75
So, you just proved my point, didn't you?

Attached: 0.png (201x31, 2K)

Arch is the only distro as of today that could keep my autism in check, so yeah.

install gentoo

You also have to realize that Debian applies security patches without doing a complete version upgrade at times, because they have a process of validating new versions to ensure there are no conflicts with other packages but they can slip in security patches quicker.

The joke is that you stop your distro hopping because you finally find something to challenge your autism and get consumed by a gay timesink since you didn't really give a shit about linux except using it to look different from everyone else online

1% of debian users are on Sid, and the reason it's not in stable is because they have problems with that build

let me repeat: ENJOY SECURITY HOLES

Once GuixSD builds up a bigger stockpile of binaries and gets a good wiki, Arch is finished.

>SECURITY HOLES
You mean like all of Chrome, the official browser of the Botnet?

more secure than Firecucks that had several zero days recently

I'm using debian 10 now. it's the best kde experience I ever have. Fuck Kubuntu goodbye

I'm on Stretch KDE. Very stable.

this was true for me, used countless distros between 2004 and 2012, been on arch since 2012

I am not a distro hopper.
I went from Xubuntu to Arch and now I see absolutely no reason to leave.
However I wonder if it will be worth it to install Arch on a laptop I need to work on. I might go with Opensuse tumbleweed instead, to have something ready to use but at the same time with updated software.

At the time of writing (July 6th, A.D. 2019) Gentoo is the only serious GNU/Linux distribution.
It's the only one with a good package manager, proper stable/unstable branches, good tooling, good support, good stability, a reasonably large main repository, great ease in creating and defining your own packages thanks to overlays, great flexibility and sane standards. No other popular distribution incorporates all these features at the same time.
I can't take Debian's supposed stability claims seriously anymore when it uses apt, and simple operations cause dependency hell. And let's not even talk about systemd being the default and the questionable people behind it, not to mention the dubious circumstances of Ian's death.
That said, the situation may of course change in the future. Guix is improving at a promising rate, and Slackware is still going strong, albeit with no dependency management by default.