There is NO reason to buy a high-end rig in 2019

There is NO reason to buy a high-end rig in 2019

Fact A:
>Every game released after 2012 is shit

Fact B:
>"Ultra" settings these days is just adding a bunch of minor details (like shadow resolution) that barely makes a difference and kills your fps, 99% of games look perfect on low/medium settings

Fact C:
>4k is a meme, and not worth the investment, 1080p/1440p is perfectly fine

Fact D:
>Gaming is a shitty hobby anyway, not worth the monetary price

You CANNOT refute any of this
>Pic related, a 10 year old game that has better graphics and gameplay than most modern titles, and can be run on a toaster

Attached: Crysis.jpg (1920x1080, 477K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Zfxs6PjjXyc
hci.stanford.edu/nicolas/
cbr.stanford.edu/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

low quality bait
don't reply in this thread or use "sage" option

poorfags leave

But I like Tomb Raider, Witcher, DOOM, and I can't wait for Borderlands 3 to come out

>rig
reddit

Based and redpilled.

Fact F:
OP IS A HUGE FAGGOT
>can be run on a toaster
[x] DOUBT

Don't forget to dilate!

But I like Deep Rock Galactic:(

Unironically this
I've stopped playing AAA titles after 2012 as well. Otherwise I use my desktop setup for work and that's also requires some upgrade once in a while.

What about Fact F?

I also like to suck dicks :3
Sorry for off-topic

Fact E:
>I'm a poorfag coping

Shut up poorfag.
t. rx 590 crossfire + xeon overclocked

>even the most expensive gpu can't run 4k above 60
oh im laffin

Why is 4k a meme and 1440p isn't?

K

Yeah true. We're in a time right now where you're able to still play most games on the highest settings on some i7 released in 2010 or something, a CPU that is nine years old now.

Also Crysis still runs like trash on even the best hardware that is available on the market today. It's just poorly optimized.

Because I can't afford 4K

The cool thing about being a poorfag is it is like having Down Syndrome - You are happy with what you have and love having fun with it, and don't agonize over keeping up with the Joneses who neurotically obsess over being to cope with being the best.

There is NO reason to buy a high-end rig in 2009

Fact A:
>Every game released after 2002 is shit

Fact B:
>"Ultra" settings these days is just adding a bunch of minor details (like oily shaders) that barely makes a difference and kills your fps, 99% of games look perfect on low/medium settings

Fact C:
>1080p is a meme, and not worth the investment, 800x600/1024x768 is perfectly fine

Fact D:

You CANNOT refute any of this
>Pic related, a 10 year old game that has better graphics and gameplay than most modern titles, and can be run on a toaster

Attached: shot00229.png (1024x768, 1.12M)

at least there's warhead
can't believe there was never a rerelease or update to the warhead engine version

>4k is a meme
agreed, i don't understand the fags who shill this bullshit

I feel 4k would be nice for just desktop stuff, crispier fonts or whatever. I feel when it's something more detailed the difference between resolutions is less

I knew it was going to be Doom 3

>he still plays games

>buying high end pc for games
60iq
>buying high end pc for no fucking reason and just because you're a buypig enthusiest
100iq
>buying high end pc for hpc
140iq

i have a hihg end pc and my iq is 123.

I have a low end pc and my iq is 456

Just buy a Playstation Pro like any sane person. Most developers release their games for consoles and they're optimized to run for them so you won't see much difference on pc anyways because they simply don't care about PeeCee.

has your brain exploded yet?

You must have bad eyes, 144hz is a meme

Pretty much true

Instead of upgrading a 3yr old video card, just adjust settings to Medium

This is true. I was thinking of upgrading my 650ti so I could play Iceborne but then I thought spending hundreds of dollars just to play a game is stupid. It's better to stick with emulation and older games.

i'm a 60iq buypig. >:(

You're right, but
>Every game released after **2006** is shit
FTFY

based, at least you admit it unlike the 99% of Jow Forums that pretends to have real uses for high end hardware but in reality is just a consumer whore

Well what else is there to do for fun?

Why are you using this game as an example? This game was far ahead of its time graphics wise for the hardware back then. This game was also shit because of the amount of textures that you couldn't even see under the map that your gpu still had to render. It only runs half decent now because hardware caught up but this game was horribly optimised. Also this game had tons of minor details in the terrain also why it ran like shit for the time it came out.

I earn enough to not to feel bad about buying PC parts. I usually play only 2-3 new games plus some old classics. Kingdom Come Deliverance at ultra settings / 1440p was worth the money. I'm going to buy Cyberpunk 2077, Dying Light 2 and Borderlands 3 as well.

Attached: LOADING TIMES.webm (960x540, 2.87M)

You're not wrong, but you're not right either

Most high functioning adults have engineering jobs that benefit from having local lab space. With my zen 2 rig, I'm deprecating a azure lab that eats up $5k in training budget a year and it’s not even on that much.

Also going to be working with some hybrid on prem/azure stuff that should be fun. Point being, op is an idiot.

my current desktop is 7 years old. games I want to upgrade to play:
>total war warhammer 1&2, 3 kingdoms
>next subnautica game, had to play the 1st one on really shit settings
>cyberpunk
>kingdom come deliverance
>xcom 2
I also want to make a silent pc build, my current desktop is really fucking loud and annoying. and to speed up all my code.

Bullshit comparison as it doesn't show the spec of the ps4. You can replace the hdd with an ssd and the loading times will be bearable. And you don't have to upgrade your ps4 every year (besides the onetime ssd upgrade).

cope

>you don't have to upgrade your ps4 every year
you don't need to upgrade your pc every year. pcs stay able to play modern games much longer than consoles do retard.

Yeah I replayed Crysis and Warhead last year. Warhead was better optimized. I had constant frame drops in the original Crysis at 1920x1080. Well there is Crysis 3 which still is one of the better looking games out today I believe.

Agree except for D. Gaming is downright affordable ams accessable compared to other hobbies. Why do you think its so popular?

very good post i agree holehartedly

>gaymen is the only reason why you need a powerful rig
Or better yet, just kys.

pirate your games on PC and it ends up cheaper than playing on console in total

That's not 1999 anymore

I have a PS4 with only Fallout 4, Witcher 3, Uncharted 1, 2 and 3 and RDR2

On my PC I have Fallout 4 and Witcher 3, so I only play RDR on my PS4, I feel bad because my parents gave it to me as a gift (I was 20)

It's already cheaper, you are getting a machine that can do tons of things other than being a locked in video game device. And shit on Steam is always cheaper and get even cheaper over time, not to mention backwards compatibility and thousands of other advantages. Consoles are for retards who have no idea what that are doing.

>and can be run on a toaster
it literally runs like shit even on modern high end hardware

>99% of games look perfect on low/medium settings
How I wish that was true.
>1440p is perfectly fine
I don't think so.
youtu.be/Zfxs6PjjXyc

>hpc
>one computer

my 2700x with radeon vii has worse perf than a 8700k with 2060 at that res in that game. >:(

NlGGERCOCK

Fact A and D are just opinion.

WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT GAMING. GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE AND STOP SHITTING UP THE BOARD WITH FUCKING BENCHMARK THREADS /V/TARD

You'd rather have yet another nvidia vs amd vs intel thread or another tranny socks shit instead?

>HiGH eNd PcS aRE FOr GaYMIng
unironically kill yourself you baiting faggot

I ignore the threads obviously made by Jow Forums and /v/tards but this is an exception because it blows my mind that retards like you only think high end hardware is for gaming. fucking ridiculous

buying one of the new amd gpus gonna do 1080p max settings and try get every game hitting 120fps at least. 1440p is a meme rather have more frames.

What else is there to do with high end card?

Stopped reading after Fact A since it's the only relevant fact
t. 680 build

>no reason to buy a high end rig
what about 3d rendering and heavy AE or Premiere editing?
neck yourself you autist

>Fact B:
>>"Ultra" settings these days is just adding a bunch of minor details (like shadow resolution) that barely makes a difference and kills your fps, 99% of games look perfect on low/medium settings

So? Fuck you you fucking console kiddie. I didn't buy a PC to play trash like CSGO and Fortnite that makes their bucks ripping off little kids. I wanted cutting edge. Why the fuck is PC gaming full of retarded little kids who think it's a console replacement now? What the fuck?

You buy a mac for that.

Hijacking this video games thread to remind everyone to get in early on the world's first mass adopted crypto currency.

You already missed the Bitcoin gravy train, so you don't want to miss this one.
Pi Coin was developed by Stanford PhDs and instructors and is on track to be the world's first mass adopted crypto by way of a user friendly app that already has more real people using it than all other meme coins combined.
hci.stanford.edu/nicolas/
cbr.stanford.edu/

Pi Coin fixes the fundamental flaw of Bitcoin and other GPU-mining based meme coins by making coins premined and simply distributing them at fixed rates. The earlier you join, the bigger your share of the pi.

Distribution rates are high right now, but will be halved each 10x userbase spike. It just passed 100K users, so you are still getting in super early.
minepi.com

Currently Pi Coin is invite only, so an invitation code from an existing user is required to register:
>konakona

Attached: 1555299926864.png (1200x1012, 1.45M)

I can refute it with a single word.

C O P E

The amount of people that build home desktops for reasons other than gaming is probably in the low single-digit percentages. Obviously corporations might need powerful hardware, like a CGI company or engineering firm, but for personal use gaming and streaming dictate the market which is why all consumer hardware nowadays has a gamer aesthetic. Very few people buy powerful CPUs just to compile Linux faster.

test

but..but..quake 2 rtx

Gaming is one of the cheapest hobbies, you have to be a teenager or a minimum wage employee to think hardware or games are expensive. Games have been about $60 forever, N64 carts were often even more expensive new. Games haven't increased in price with inflation due to cheap cost of discs. Consoles and PC prices have drastically fallen since the 80s, especially because of cheaper RAM. Let's say you buy a top of the line gaming PC and spend like $2000 or something. That's still dirt fucking cheap compared to many other hobbies. And of course you only NEED to spend like $300 minimum. Guns cost hundreds of dollars, more than $1000 for some milsurp or low production models, not to mention the cost of ammo has skyrocketed. Cars are a complete money sink, you can spend $2000 on a beater up to $10000 on a more classic car, not mentioning repairs. /tg/ models, paints, battlefields and rulebooks are hundreds or thousands of dollars depending on how many games or armies you want.

Gaming is dirt fucking cheap, which is why it's so funny that it usually has the loudest people complaining about price. Boohoo, a high end GPU is $500. You know an bargain-bin AR15 is about that price too?

I gotta say, gaming is cheap as fuck if you already have a good machine. Between few new games every other month and cheap/free older games from my backlog I don't have to spend nearly as much as I used to spend in cable TV, for a comparison with other forms of entertainment.

You can buy a bag of locks without keys for much cheaper than any game and have more fun trying to pick them.

>tfw running on a shitty GPU, and turning everything down in Risk of Rain 2 didn't reduce the polygon count, or some of the special effect densities
Imagine getting single-digit FPS in a game where the textures are the same as N64 graphics.

Devs need to get their shit together. Imagine making a game in the current year and you barely get 60 FPS at 1080p on graphic cards 50x more powerful than 10 years ago.

What is VR for $500 Alex?

Not to mention how games are fucking huge now. Use some god damn compression already, fuckers.

I just use a console. that way all of my FOSS Personal Computing and bloated proprietary gaming are kept on separate devices.
Console + Linux is the true patrician lifestyle

absolutely true, but retards have to cope with their shitty lives by buying "the best". just let them spend their money, they will become poor anyways if they continue to do so.

WOW, you just discovered that HDDs are slow, and a SSD will improve loading times! welcome to 2009

as if I want a play monster cunter bore

>30fps
>patrician

I imagine my Ryzen 5 2600g and RX 570 will last me a few more years yet. I only game at 1080p

The PS4 was using an ssd. That .webm doesn't even show World running at a constant 60+fps at 1440p while the pro struggles to reach 40fps at 1080p. Consoles are a joke now without the exclusives.

Damn i remember when i could barely run doom3 on lowest settings @ 800x600
Dem stencil shadows looked amazing though

I'll be sure to make bots and hijack the coin in no time, thanks.

>AMD benchmarks come out and are totally underwhelming

>NEW! THERE IS NO REASON TO BUY HIGH PERFORMANCE PARTS

>implying gaming is even a hobby, let alone a shitty one
99% of gamer toddlers on this board are probably not even good at what they play if they're even playing a game that requires any kind of brain activity, they're just consuming and wasting away. the other 1% are accomplishing meaningless goals that produce nothing tangible or meaningful to anybody but themselves and a handful of other losers with similarly meaningless goals.

consumerism is not a hobby.

Are you saying that I can't put being able to solo 140 hot monkey dick and Behemoth on my resume?

not with the ps4 pro :^)

>join network
>climb ranks by inviting others to join network
Is this a pyramid scheme?

Also:
>install proprietary app not even available on Play store
Is it also a botnet?

Fuck that shit, user.

And to hydrate, it is a hot summer after all!

>There is NO reason to buy a high-end rig in 2019
High end is always wasted money but if you have too much why not
Mostly correct
>"Ultra" settings these days is just adding a bunch of minor details (like shadow resolution) that barely makes a difference and kills your fps, 99% of games look perfect on low/medium settings
True
>4k is a meme, and not worth the investment, 1080p/1440p is perfectly fine
1440p is also a meme for gayming. For work in can be helpful though
Mostly correct
>You CANNOT refute any of this
None of your statements is absolutely correct

>use compression
But that would use CPU. So what if textures are 100s of megs on a spinning platter drive, surely it's better than loading 10mb of files and decompressing them with 2 of 8 cores, or decoding straight on the gpu?

Also: who

doe-

-sn't

dynamically loaded content?