Linux is free if your time is free

>Linux is free if your time is free
pedos BTFO

Attached: (JPEG Image, 1024 × 768 pixels).jpg (1024x768, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20180616200503/http:/www.grumpynerd.com/?p=132
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/containers/app-service-linux-intro
hci.stanford.edu/nicolas/
cbr.stanford.edu/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Linux is developed by amateurs, not professionals.
"Free" software developers are bound to be subpar.
It's common sense really. The essence of "free" software is software made by hobbyists with no payment.
Those developers are bound to be amateurs, because when you're really good at something you do it professionally, not as a hobby, getting paid for it instead of doing it for free or as a volunteer, and when you make something really valuable you keep the rights to it, you don't just give them away, and you charge for it.
This is just life. The old maxim "you get what you pay for" has never been truer, no matter what zealots try to say.
There is no free lunch, it's basic economics!

A hearty bump for this quality thread. Enjoy cancer and autism as you should for visiting sites with zero moderation.

This but unironically. Free software is always garbage unless it's one of the big ones backed by big corporations.

the quote is "Linux is only free if your time is worth nothing"

>Linux is developed by amateurs, not professionals.
Oh man, Red Hat, Microsoft, Canonical, SUSE, IBM, Samsung and so on are going to be sad when they learn that they aren't professionals.

He clearly meant Linux desktop and he's not wrong. Most GNU garbage is made by amateurs and are broken as fuck.

Corporate bootlickers do not belong in Jow Forums. Please refrain from this kind of posting in the future and kindly kill yourself.

drown in cum, freetard

No, he didn't "clearly mean" it. He said categorically that free software is developed by amateurs. That is not true, and you're moving the goalposts to defend a moron. There are guys being paid six figures to write free software, because the free software ecosystem is worth billions and billions of dollars in global trade. You think all the web servers your traffic had to pass through to get here were all running Windows?

>muh desktop sucks
cope.

ok buddy

>You think all the web servers your traffic had to pass through to get here were all running Windows?
Most of them are

Attached: IDCGraphic1.png (1134x828, 155K)

Attached: 1562418085971.png (206x186, 33K)

>Counted in terms of paid shipments/subscriptions
>The literal millions of Ubuntu, Fedora, FreeBSD servers out there won't be counted.
No shit retard.

>because when you're really good at something you do it professionally, not as a hobby
Spoken like a real jew.

I am better at my hobbies than I am at my job and I'm paid no matter what I do, well or not. I work because I have to. I do my stuff and do it well because I like it.

those who bite bait don't belong on Jow Forums

Attached: 1468291770256.gif (400x321, 340K)

>He said categorically that free software is developed by amateurs.
And it is.
>There are guys being paid six figures to write free software, because the free software ecosystem is worth billions and billions of dollars in global trade.
These are not free software developers, but people working for big corporations doing their job. And they are never working on random shit used by Linuxtards, they are working on projects like Linux kernel, Apache, MySQL, whatever.
>You think all the web servers your traffic had to pass through to get here were all running Windows?
No, because Linux is actually decent outside desktop usage because that's where they are being developed by professionals.

If you're writing code released under a free software license, you are writing free software. Whether you receive remuneration or not is not related. You are being either obtuse or ignorant of what free software means.

This guy has never had a job or he wouldn't talk so highly about closed source software.

Attached: 1417170038559.jpg (415x440, 57K)

>linux isn't free software
hot take

Attached: camel3.jpg (532x438, 21K)

The amount of COPE in this post is unreal.

Half of those are running within Docker containers on Azure - that is, they're containerized inside a Windows machine. Cope harder, tranny.

Either he never had a job or he's trying to convince himself he's wasting his life away for a good reason and, even funnier, that he deserves his shekels for the drop he puts in the ocean.

Linux works perfectly fine for desktop usage. I would unironically prefer GNOME over the absolute clusterfuck the Windows UI has become. Only absolute coping retards would defend it.

web.archive.org/web/20180616200503/http:/www.grumpynerd.com/?p=132

lol azure is not even the top cloud provider, go dilate

>docker containers on Azure
Next you'll say you were only pretending to be retarded

When you create a Linux appservice on Azure, under the hood it runs on Windows Docker.
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/containers/app-service-linux-intro
Check your facts, moron.

It is for serious stuff (aka mission critical corporate applications, not your little WordPress blog).

Windows Docker is just a linux vm.

Nice projecting. Anyone who's ever worked knows Microsoft and proprietary software dominate corporate IT. "Free" software is a hobbyist thing, nobody really cares about it on the real world.

>corporate IT
literally on the way out and being replace by aws/google/azure running linux

I'm not in the software business, frendo. So I'm not projecting.
But you think what you want.

Remind me what is the most used operating system on phones and what became of burakuberri.

>"Free" software developers are bound to be subpar.
Free media players tend to surpass all the commercial ones both in the amount of supported formats, and configureability
SubtitleEdit has unprecedented number of supported formats, and is easy to work with
The problems isn't with software, problem is with Linux

>Remind me what is the most used operating system on phones
In the first world it's iOS. But if you have to resort to Angry Birds OS to make a case for Loonix, then you have already lost the debate, son.

>being replace by aws/google/azure running linux
In your dreams, tranny.

cope

t. misinformed ignoramus drunk on cool-aid

Attached: image.png (1024x446, 89K)

Of course it's not free, I charge my employer for managing it.

>skype for business
deprecated

>not professionals.
Implying WinBlows is programmed by professionals, when we all know it's programmed by semi-illiterate street shitting monkeys that get "paid" a bowl of curry and a roll of toilet paper a month.
>kys faggot.

you're either unironically fucking braindead or baiting and I'm not even a freefag

Yeah, everybody is moving to Microsoft Teams or Slack now.
>either way, not "free" shitware

Because Linux is developed by nords, right?

Attached: IMG_0828.jpg (1000x750, 95K)

My point was that it was Android actually, but I suppose I was wrong.
I have doubts on the fact it's iOS, or that would be I'm third world.

Yes.

Attached: 1562429658121.jpg (1024x678, 90K)

Tried Ubuntu again, the system managed to bork itself beyond repair in less than 12 hours just trying to install nvidia drivers from their repository. UEFI setups have hard freezes all the time for no apparent reason. After attempting to fix the existing install for a few hours and getting directed to infinite command line and config file fix suggestions it becomes obvious that Windows and the Windows registry with self contained programs is vastly superior to Linux with infinite config files and terminal fixes for a package manager system that should not exist.

>when you're really good at something you do it professionally, not as a hobby, getting paid for it instead of doing it for free
qft

>redhat.
Jesus fucking christ.
Also prove they're developers.

It is android. Not only in phones but smart TVs and cars and whatnot. Linux is also used in routers and other out of sight devices. iOS is a fraction of the OS usage in the world.

But probably the fraction that pays the most for apps.

Hijacking this shitposting thread to remind everyone to get in early on the world's first mass adopted crypto currency.

You already missed the Bitcoin gravy train, so you don't want to miss this one.
Pi Coin was developed by Stanford PhDs and instructors and is on track to be the world's first mass adopted crypto by way of a user friendly app that already has more real people using it than all other meme coins combined.
hci.stanford.edu/nicolas/
cbr.stanford.edu/

Pi Coin fixes the fundamental flaw of Bitcoin and other GPU-mining based meme coins by making coins premined and simply distributing them at fixed rates. The earlier you join, the bigger your share of the pi.

Distribution rates are high right now, but will be halved each 10x userbase spike. It just passed 100K users, so you are still getting in super early.
minepi.com

Currently Pi Coin is invite only, so an invitation code from an existing user is required to register:
>konakona

Attached: 1539714331742.png (990x1080, 738K)

Microsoft is one of the largest Linux server providers, actually. With Azure, Linux is making money for Microsoft.

Nice pasta you got there, pajeet.
Have a bowl of shit.

Attached: shitpile.jpg (600x393, 57K)

I didn't know Google, IBM, Microsoft, SUSE, and what not are amateurs...

>making coins premined and simply distributing them at fixed rates
What's the incentive nto mine if they are already premined? I don't like the term mining because it undermines hte most useful part of mining which is verifying transactions. If there's no incentive then there will be low amount of miners which means a 50+1 attack is more plausible than other coins.

why should I?

Linux servers running on Windows hypervisors.

the gnu project is professional

because it's a pyramid and you're getting in at the top

fpbp

Attached: 1537857502669.png (716x250, 68K)

Linux is a kernel.