Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: cute.jpg (500x543, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.aliexpress.com/item/32830530283.html?pid=808_0000_0131&spm=a2g0n.search-amp.list.32830530283&aff_trace_key=&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=4463amp-m4D784OPozyVsElMCbZLmQ1562438177921
wiki.ezvid.com/best-hdmi-to-rca-composite-converters
github.com/codebox/bitmeteros
venea.net/web/nettraffic
miechu.pl/freemeter/about.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is there a way to download a thing in a size (shown in torrent properties or statistics) exactly the same as file size with qbittorrent?

Phrasing is bad. I mean when filesize is 100 MB and i downloaded 100MB, nothing more and nothing less.

Attached: 5d13997363e96.png (1000x696, 1.16M)

Is the default defrag tools in windows 7 good?

Attached: 1556987691069.jpg (750x838, 91K)

please validate me

Anyone else not able to play sound through Chrome? I've tried fucking everything and I can't get sound to play and this is specifically an issue with Chrome. I tried playing audio through Edge and it was just fine.

just downgrade your drivers and shitpost on anti-AMD threads

>laptopfag

Anyway, why does qbittorrent after reseting show that i've downloaded something, yet I didn't put anything there.

we already have an sqt

what

Is the Huawei spying meme real or just a meme?

I want to buy an ultrabook, but XPS 13 and Surface Laptop 2 are very expensive and the Matebook 13 seems cool and is cheap.

Can they still my crypto and passwords or are they just gathering personal information like Facebook and Google?

Attached: 1562426835249.jpg (425x425, 16K)

pic related.

Attached: i am stoopid.png (1920x1080, 154K)

Is port forwarding safe? What about opening ports for a web server? What does it mean exactly?

Depends of what type of IP address do you use.

you want to know if the value in statistics can equal exactly the downloaded file size?
it's possible, but unlikely
if it counts gross network transfer, then it will count metadata, overhead, and block misalignment
if it counts only torrent data, then that may still be off by up to almost a block
if it only counts file data alone, then yes, they will match, but this isn't likely, because that's rather arbitrary at this point, it doesn't properly reflect raw network transfer nor just peer transfer

and it's on page 10 because everyone here search for "stupid questions thread".

Static

You can open ports.

if you're wondering what i mean by a block, the way torrents handle multiple files is like this;
files are concatenated into one contiguous chunk, then split into equal-sized blocks (size chosen at creation), this means that most of the time, the last block won't be completely filled, so you download slightly more than the total file size
this also explains a couple things which you may have noticed, such as;
- torrents with "padding files", these files are designed to help align the other files with block boundaries, this makes it possible to share blocks with other torrents
- why downloading one file also downloads a little bit of adjacent files, it's because the files are not block-aligned, so the start of the file you want is on a block which also contains the last part of the file before it, and same for the end

where's the "is this the stupid questions thread" poster so we can finally say "no, it's not"

or maybe it has to do something with this too?

it might be counting IO for the DHT as well or something, idk about qbittorrent specifically

idk too.

Anons how do i make a Windoes NT 4.0 install floppy on 3 floppies like original, im trying to install it on a conputer that will only accept floppies for installing, windows NT4.0 is 400mb yet how the fuck does that fit on 3 floppies

is this a marketing fail?

Attached: wtffail..png (550x672, 144K)

Why?

What is this Jow Forums X feature and how do I turn it off? It just suddenly started happening a bit and I don't remember changing anything

Attached: Capture2.png (1226x1011, 60K)

its says blacked, like the meme lol

Quote threading, if you enable it in the settings you have an option in the top right quick settings to toggle it on/off.
Either toggle it off or disable it completely in the settings.

Where's the A? Are you 12?

What do I google if I need an extension for a cable like this?

Attached: bd58178f29[1].png (595x488, 313K)

flex cable extension

Is there an easy way to transfer files from my laptop to my PC if both are on Windows 10?

I can't seem to find an option to set up network sharing anymore.

what's a good way to watch old TV recordings in modern file formats on a CRT TV? I've tried XBMC on my old Xbox and WiiMC on the Wii since they're the only machines with RCA output I have that have players that support modern containers like mp4, but they can't seem to handle anything larger than 700mb or so.

m.aliexpress.com/item/32830530283.html?pid=808_0000_0131&spm=a2g0n.search-amp.list.32830530283&aff_trace_key=&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=4463amp-m4D784OPozyVsElMCbZLmQ1562438177921

from old thread : I cant use non js captcha with 4chanx, it always gives the error message saying to reload the page, no matter what is set in µmatrix

What is the best software to backup data to an external drive?

HDMI to RCA adapter.

And RCA to RF coax if you really want to be a cool guy.

Attached: 20190101_223509-3024x4032.jpg (3024x4032, 2.34M)

wiki.ezvid.com/best-hdmi-to-rca-composite-converters

You probably pressed shift+T by accident.
rsync.

Thanks.
I see it also has the "synchronize" function so the slave drive does not get filled up more than the master drive.

You're both great. Thanks friends

Cool, FPC/FFC got me the results I needed.
Does anyone make that kind of cable with bends in it? I'm getting no results for "FPC elbow extension" or "FPC 90 degree extension."

How much ram do you need in a gayming laptop? It's an old 2015 model with a i7 4710hq and a 970m, it currently has 16g but still has 2 free slots

Anons? Plz halp

Good enough for games.

can you go to rbt.asia now? I'm getting this

Attached: file.png (908x495, 56K)

Is a 650W psu enough for an i9 9900k and a 2080? Any overclocking headroom there?

Seems like the automated renew of the certificate didn't work, the certificate ran out today.

recommend me a free good bandwidth meter.
used to use bandwidth meter pro.
but it's not free.

Attached: CAPITALISM_HO.jpg (720x484, 100K)

Can someone link me the obscure Russian HTML5 online Photoshop clone, please?

What do you want to measure? Each applications internet usage? Windows has one integrated already.
Otherwise maybe your router has one too?

i like watching the graphic of my upload/download speed.
the graphic is transparent.
the recorded statistics are nice too.
i'm using win 10, does it have that graphic too?

Attached: bandwidth.png (258x170, 49K)

>install new ssd into laptop to move windows on to
>open it up in gdisk, overwrite with new partition table, make new efi partition
>write to disk
>answer yes to all the warnings
>see output written to /dev/sda
>ssd was /dev/sdb
so how was your day Jow Forums?

Well, it doesn't have a graphic like this, it only lists it per application.
The current usage can be seen in task manager if you select your network adapter.
If your router runs vnstat you could get a neat graphic from that.

What's the best e-reader for me if I want to read manga on it and also have it waterproof?

the router is not mine, so i don't know its admin password.
how do i run vnstat on it?
do i need the admin password?

Yes probably. If you don't know the router, then it probably won't run it.

Nevermind I'm retarded and didn't check the catalog.

i found this open source one, but it has not been updated for years.

Try one of these
github.com/codebox/bitmeteros
venea.net/web/nettraffic
miechu.pl/freemeter/about.aspx

hello, my day was excellent bcause i used
hdparm -i /dev/sd?
each time i did something to my hdds
i also found out that the hdd i thought was dying is fine and the dying thing is one sata port on mb out of 6

>github.com/codebox/bitmeteros
that's the one i meant.
i forgot to include the link in my previous post.
thanks for the other links.

I was looking into using an e-gpu with my laptop but also wanted to use a usb-c / thunderbolt3 monitor. I am having trouble finding any information on attempting to use a displayport on the GPUs to usb-c / thunderbolt3 port on the monitor. My initial tests with HDMI to USB-C have been failures but I vaguely remember reading something about DisplayPort having the bandwidth to run such a setup. Has no one tried this before? Is it even possible?

Attached: 1561933668932.jpg (1080x705, 70K)

I tried installing Android Studio but on first start, it runs a "setup wizard" that just shows up as a blank white window. I'm running Void with dwm, everything installed fine, I have internet, and I have never had an issue like this with any other problems. It doesn't output anything to stdout/stderr and I didn't find any error logs.

Anyone have any ideas?

Ohhh I know. OpenJDK isn't packaged with JavaFX.

I broke off the metal prong can i fix this? Wut do

Attached: Screenshot_20190706-173550_Gallery.jpg (641x764, 366K)

How do console game graphics improve so much using the same hardware?

Just solder a new one back on...

Devs optimising the shit out of it, using lowest level bare metal techniques since the hardware is gonna be identical across every single system.

Um where can i get one it sorta went flying

Can someone redpill me on Usenet?
How do you pick a provider and what are the differences between them? Do all providers give the same content?

I'm looking at tweaknet because apparently it has no DMCAs.

Attached: download.jpg (275x183, 5K)

How is switching to Kodi for somebody who is used to torrents? Does it just retrieve multiple links from streaming sites?

im learning basic networking and i was wondering something, the one who gives public IPs in the ISP is a router with a DHCP configuration or is some kind of server with an IP pool?

also how does my router change to another IP range/subnet? does my connection enter in a ISP switch that is connected to several routers/servers and randomly goes to one and when lease time is gone and i don't renew then it goes to another router? Every router is a range?

Im trying to simulate something like that in Packet tracer.

Attached: Capture.jpg (1044x489, 45K)

Do i need it for a circuit or does it just hold it in?

I'd ask on /diy/, but air conditioning is technology
I only have 2 sockets in my room, 1 is already occupied by my PC and the other by a power strip
can I plug a fan into the power strip that powers my 2 monitors safely?
Every single manual says not to plug in any such devices into power strips (regardless of the max current or whatever on the strip, though I know 12 amps is more than enough), but it's not like i have much of a choice, since I'm also told I shouldn't plug my pc into it

>new PC
>CRITICAL PROCESS DIED
>:)
>can't even boot in safe mode

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png (457x456, 263K)

>new PC
unironically install gentoo

Making a C++ project in VS 2017, and I'm using another project in my own. When I link that project, there is an issue that it does not include "pch.h" for precompiled headers. Is there any way to resolve this cleanly without stopping using it in the whole project?

What happens if I buy a skid of hundreds of thinkpads?

How come my preamp can’t pickup signal from the microphone with the adapter on it? It acts like it’s silent but when I plug it in directly it works fine.

Attached: 891C14E5-4C1E-4648-B289-20D110917E1A.jpg (4032x3024, 2.31M)

help

I deleted the last hour cookies from my phone and now I can't access exhentai from it. Even though I am logged in to e-hentai no prob.
What now?

Attached: 1537927003070.jpg (627x720, 229K)

Anyone?

>no headphone thread up so asking here
Where can I get replacement headphone pads that are really big? I'm talking slightly bigger than HM5's.

What are the chances that this thing would work on my B450 ITX motherboard? Like most ITX boards it only has four SATA ports. I see a SATA controller chip on it so it seems like there's a chance. This is for a Linux box.

Attached: SI-ADA40141.main-500x500.jpg (500x500, 30K)

My previous phone, LG stylo, died out of fucking no where, anyway to bring it back form the grave without getting ripped off by some gook or paki

Attached: 20190706_174153.jpg (2896x2896, 1009K)

On GIMP can I use color picker on all visible layers? (eg not requiring me to select a separate layer to get color from)

I am making sprites with little difference and have many layers. Currently I switch between layers just so I can use color picker but this is time consuming for this task.

What jobs can I get with just a two year diploma?

>two year diploma
In what exactly?

Computer programming

I'm trying to fix a motherboard issue but every search result ends with "it's fucked, replace it." I don't want to replace it; I want to fix it. Can anyone point me toward a motherboard repair guide or anything helpful? I have the practical electronics experience to successfully fix it but limited knowledge of modern mobo design.

It's a laptop mobo and the beep code seems to indicate "possible motherboard chipset."

Attached: 20190706_135348s.jpg (4032x3024, 3.77M)

Lowkey man there isn't much out there for 2yrfags since in these days a bachelor is a us diploma, so keep going but remember to freelance to build a record when your out of uni hell

MAYBE lab technician if you can do hardware stuff too.

The palette's color picker

that's a lot of pipe

>that's a lot of pipe
twin GTX 675M in SLI

When reinstalling an os, bootable flashdrives are required. Can I use an external hardrive to act as a bootable flashdrive, instead?

You know how with Mega Pro you get 8TB storage? If you were to have a synch folder on your machine, does that mean you would need to have all of the files in it?
I understand why syncing is faster and more efficient than uploading files through a browser, but, is there a way to change the settings to that once a file is synched, it no longer occupy space on your computer?

Attached: 156-1566093_we-make-secure-cloud-storage-mega-download[1].png (641x641, 17K)

Thank you user

Attached: GIMPWILLFOREVERBENAMED__GIMP__.png (870x495, 49K)

Damn... I think I'm screwed.

Can you install Windows Server 2016 through ESXI on a Dell PowerEdge R410?

Attached: 1557362937043.jpg (720x720, 56K)