Where were you when i3, dwm and other tiling-zelots were completely blown the fuck out by a non-autistic...

Where were you when i3, dwm and other tiling-zelots were completely blown the fuck out by a non-autistic, chad anime BSPWM user?

Attached: Screenshot_20190706-130223_YouTube.png (1375x1233, 862K)

literally who
and I don't give a shit about his opinion. I get work done faster than ever on a tiling WM.

Anyone who does any actual work on a computer ends up tiling their windows anyway, regardless of whether or not it's actually a tiling wm. That's the whole reason literally every single DE in existence has the feature of snap tiling windows.

Don't bother posting retards on youtube

>actual work
>says the non-programmer
POSIX scripts aren't computer programs

/thread

dwm isn't a tiling window manager
it's dynamic

>posix scripts
What did he mean by this?

1) I don't use a tiling wm
2) I'm a mechanical engineer and constantly snap tile my windows

Seethe more.

I might switch back to a fucking DE when they start to treat my monitors separately when it comes to workspaces

>Tiling WMs take too much time and effort to configure
if you're retarded, yes
>Steep learning curve that doesn't amount to any real gain in productivity
You must be retarded to believe this
>GUI apps look like crap in tiling window managers
Horse shit
>Keyboard-centric paradigm conflicts with apps that use mouse
It doesn't
>Re-arranging, moving and resizing windows is a chore
You must be mentally ill if you believe this
>Some UI elements are not displayed correctly and require manual configuration
Werks for me
>Most relevant apps already include tiling functionality one way or another
Then why use a DE. If you're only going to use tiling function on software you may as well use a WM

tl;dr OP is a mega faggot

C O P E
O
P
E

>Seethe
You probably just type documents all day, bugboy

Seethe more, NEET.

Why would anyone value a Luke Smith clone's opinion when their entire "community" is people wanting to fuck him in the ass?

Wolfgang is pretty cute.

>n-no you
Non-programmers are pathetic

This

You are correct. But the windows you end up tiling are windows that will stay open in the same layout for a long time, so tiling them automatically is a barely noticable advantage.
Windows you only open for a few moments though, are better of being floating ones.
That's why tiling WMs are a meme. The majority of windows I open I want to float/stack, while the few ones I want to tile,I can just tile with a few quick hotkeys.

Because Wolfgang doesn't have a real life mental condition and so his opinion actually matters to people.

>implying most programmers aren't fat guys who stay in all day

being fuckable is also content creation though

hi wolfgang

wait, is wolfgang gay?

I watched his video, and while he has had the right idea, his arguments are absolutely retarded.
Customization is not a waste of time, it is an investment. I did not spend more than 10 hours in total on my "rice", but as a result, I control the machine and not the other way around. Anyone who disagrees with this should immediately kill himself.
Tiling WMs are awful, minimal floating WMs are great. All of his other points get addressed by that.
I also hate how that furry faggot casually mentions slash gee every video, despite being a redditbrain. Could have been a good channel.

Anyone have a source on that Saber?

Sour grapes non-programmer.
Probably memes about how "awful" and "bloated " languages like Rust and NodeJS are despite having zero actual programming experience.
Go back to writing your shitty little text documents on your old as dirt little laptop (god knows you aren't playing video games (or pussy) as a tiling WM user)

>gets called out on being tech-illiterate
>programmers with jobs are NEETs anyway
Okay bugboy NEET

>Tiling WMs are awful
[argument needed]

You're missing the point of my post, but here we go. The two arguments I would pick are: 1. Forcing windows to a certain size makes them look awful and often waste space 2. I often want to stack windows, because not the entire window is always useful. That allows for more maximum windows simultaneously without the need to arrange them get in the way.

I don't even hate tiling wm, but I hate all the reddito memers who
>"I can't even use anything besides a tiling WM"
>"I'm better than you because I spent a few minutes reading simple instructions on setting this up"
As if they expect everyone on the planet to use their autistic setups despite the many flaws and drawbacks. I hate meme-spouting.
This is coming from a BSPWM user.

>As if they expect everyone on the planet to use their autistic setups
If this actually happened they'd bitch about how their setups aren't superspecial anymore and normalfags ruined it.

Attached: 1553919112643.png (552x688, 358K)

bspwm has no reason to exist when xmonad can effectively emulate it
and do much more, while at the same time avoid Cnility.

True. And the main advantage tiling wms have is not so much the tiling itself (after all, even most DEs, as you mentioned, can do it), but the fact that they arrange windows automatically, so you spend less time moving them around yourself.
People have been telling me tiling wms are for neckbeards for years, and yet here I am 10 years later still using them, both at work and for personal use. Floating windows just feel unintuitive now.

>1k views
stop shilling your channel here faggoit

How dare he use mai waifu to spread bullshit?

>programming is the only kind of work you can do on a computer
Kill yourself.

Isn't that already a thing? Shunning people who use tiling WMs with copy-pasted configs?

source on that wallpaper

dot shill your channel nigger

>"normalfag mac users are too dumb, install gentoo"
>"normalfags ruined gentoo, off to based OpenBSD!"
So proud of being social outcasts, they are.

Attached: 320366.jpg (360x360, 25K)

Who are you quoting?

DWM master race

Attached: 1543019898_2018-11-23.png (1920x1080, 1.17M)

anyone have the wallpaper