Dude, why are you so paranoid lol? what do you have to hide?

>dude, why are you so paranoid lol? what do you have to hide?
how do you respond?

Attached: file.png (795x644, 420K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseband_processor#Security_concerns
privacysos.org/blog/so-you-think-you-have-nothing-to-hide/
fsf.org/blogs/community/replicant-developers-find-and-close-samsung-galaxy-backdoor
redmine.replicant.us/projects/replicant/wiki/SamsungGalaxyBackdoor
instructables.com/id/Project-Alias/
replicant.us/supported-devices.php
youtu.be/aBw5jJu2fB4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you have a phone in your room you already have a microphone recording every sound, all it needs is an agency that's interested to push a button.

Oh no! Not the recordings of me switching the lights on and off!

it records everything you say.

I have never seen anyone be able to respond to the security counter-argument.
When data is only handled by mathematically proven correct and secure code, proven for every relevant real-world scenario and possible failures, with ZERO human intervention possible anywhere in the pipeline, then I'll reconsider whether I want corporations to be able to analyse my data for advertisement etc. Until then, ethics don't even come into play, it's just basic common sense.

That's everything I say. Sometimes I also ask for the weather.

OH YES PLEASE COMPANIES KEEP INVADING MY PRIVACY.

I bet you carry a wiretap in your pocket.

>That's everything I say.
i know the feels user, it hurts to live alone.

Attached: 1558040018576.png (831x799, 329K)

>Alexa, what's the answer to the jewish question?

Attached: 1507378164490.gif (600x366, 822K)

I carry an Android Phone without Gapps.

Doesn't matter.

How it doesn't?

The wiretap is baked into the hardware.

proofs?

user realizes he said things that should have not been said

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseband_processor#Security_concerns

Is this a serious conversation people actually have?
Maybe it's a racial thing and some of us who aren't white are just naturally more paranoid, but I've NEVER met anyone who was okay with ANY company recording their personal conversations in their own home at ANY time.

I'm pretty sure it's illegal in the EU. And when it sinks in with the European politicians a trillion dollar fine is heading to Amazon.

If someone can't understand why having a telescreen in their house is a bad thing then they aren't worth talking to, period. No point in wasting your breath on someone who won't listen.

>I have never seen anyone be able to respond to the security counter-argument.
They don't need to, because they don't care. The majority of people welcome the destruction of privacy with open arms and no amount of debate or reasoning will ever change that.

But you don't have to give a single damn about privacy to care about security. Most people trust the corps/government/whatever, they don't trust literally anyone and everyone including russian/chinese hackers and the local pedos and pederasts around the corner.

I know a few people who have alexas and their response is always "i have nothing to hide"

privacysos.org/blog/so-you-think-you-have-nothing-to-hide/

>Most people trust the corps/government/whatever,
And that's why they don't care. "Amazon can't be so bad if everyone uses them," they'll say, "so it doesn't matter if they store every waking moment of my life on audio." Then they just forget about it because it's not their concern, and people who try to make an issue out of it are just crazy. Then when a big data leak comes, they'll make a stink about it for two weeks because some talking heads told them to be mad, and forget about it again once the news cycle changes.
It's happened before, it'll happen again.

I'm white, but I have found that normie non-whites are way more suspicious of shit like Alexa. I don't think it takes too much analysis to see why non-white people might feel less trust for corporations and gov't by default.

h-h-hon--- fuck it nobody even cares anymore. who knew clown world could become so sad?

sir, the proper term is "wireless tap"

not to mention that Android is baked with google services. installing gapps or not doesn't mean shit. i don't even think that copper os gets rid of all of the google shrill...

They keep sending these to me for free for no reason at all. I've had like 3 in the mail. 2 I put "return to sender" on it and refused. The 3rd I decided to crack open. It was built like a fucking tank. Like drop forged tool steel case. You could have literally used it as a hockey puck and it wouldn't have cared. Oh, and it was already turned on, already trying to connect to every wifi in this location, and already recording while it was still IN THE MAILBOX. It was screwed together using security torx screws, the kind with the little stem in the middle that prevents normal torx drivers from being used. Oh, and it was glued together solidly with some type of epoxy. It was never meant to be opened. Here's a couple pics of the largest chips inside. I'm sure I could have made something with it, but fuck trying to get into one of those things again. It was not like in the youtube vids of people opening them up with ease.

Attached: Untitled.png (1024x1364, 2.13M)

Attached: 1458848021665.png (459x215, 26K)

Has anyone found a way to disable your phones listening to you? I mean it's nice knowing that there's always someone listening and there for me, but I'd like to have the option of having it on.

Bbbb..b.b.b.bbbut I need my thirty different pointless consumerist products that don't enhance my quality of life but scratch a momentary itch to buy my dog a pink colored toy with it's name on it because I REALLY REALLY NEEDED IT!!!11!1

>and already recording while it was still IN THE MAILBOX
Do they run on some sort of self-replenishing batteries?

Friendly reminder privacy is a human right
Friendly reminder you can very easily explain this to normies with "imagine if someone was watching you fuck everytime and keeping recordings of it, scary isnt it? Now consider that not only your fucking, but literally everything else is also beimg recorded?"
Friendly reminder we are fucked because Jow Forums retards think going against corporations is "commie behavior" which means privacy is fucking dead and there's nothing you can do

>Friendly reminder privacy is a human right
They only care about that when discussing gas prices and similar shit.

>Friendly reminder you can very easily explain this to normies with "imagine if someone was watching you fuck everytime and keeping recordings of it, scary isnt it? Now consider that not only your fucking, but literally everything else is also beimg recorded?"
They don't actually care, they're drones or subhuman depending on your POW.

>Friendly reminder we are fucked because Jow Forums retards think going against corporations is "commie behavior" which means privacy is fucking dead and there's nothing you can do
They're subhuman too.

.t an intern who tried to talk about cybersecurity/privacy with coworkers on a break when the discussion was about vpns. "What are you aking about user, I just need it to see websites blocked in my country", "lol are you a terrorist or what, why would you encrypt your data", "I have nothing to hide, maybe pictures of my dick, thought I already shared some with a gal on snapchat soooo I don't really care".

>10 jillion krillobytes of people asking for menial tasks to be done and shitty songs to be played
how much does it cost them to store this data

>cousin gets an Alexa
>"Come play with it user it's really convenient"
>ask it a bunch of easy questions it should be able to answer
>It's literally "Let Me Google That For You: Snobby Robotic Cunt Edition"
How do they get away with marketing these as "home assistants" when they're actually just robot voices reading webpages?

If they've been sending you a special model that runs on batteries (they normally don't) you've got some serious cause for concern. make video recordings of you getting them, what its trying to do, and your disassembly of them. Then buy one at a store with cash and video record your disassembly of it.

Normies are dumb

>>dude, why are you so paranoid lol? what do you have to hide?
"It's not any of their fucking business what I do, and why is it any of yours for that matter?"

is there anybody in the year of 2019 who doesnt have nudes sent to their phone?

Attached: Screenshot_Clover_dev_20190618-200923.png (2048x1898, 1.11M)

>right wing party gets into government
>Uses IoT wiretaps and every other privacy breaches we've allowed up until this point to systematically target minorities and jews
>Sends them to concentration camps or straight up kills them
How could this happen?? Why did no one protect our privacy?!?! Wahhhh!!!

The Nazis didn't need wiretaps to know who was and wasn't a Jew. And this was 70 years ago.

See, you think this makes you sound smart but it just makes you sound stupid in a different way.

There are a few things I fear about data collection
> Being put on a blacklist which would negatively impact any applications I make (employment, rent, education, etc...) without my knowledge
> Being caught in drag net that can be used to legally implicate me at any moment should I do something that upsets someone with enough power and influence to fuck my shit up

In public I already avoid speaking my mind with the exception of people I am close with and trust.
Online it is easier to speak one's mind however you are lulled into a false sense of security since your behavior is monitored.
My metadata is already being collected by the government from ISPs legally since around 2017.
Even if I go through the hassle of setting up measures to improve my privacy that does not make the data that was already collected disappear.
The moment they get some dirt on you you're fucked forever.

I already have linux installed, I use umatrix to block most trackers but haven't blocked google trackers on this site since it is required to solve the captcha to post and buying a pass gives out even more info.
The only thing I haven't done is get a decent VPN and encrypt my traffic.
Using a smartphone without gapps is not practical if you rely on their applications to communicate with people and find your way around quickly and reliably.

Even if all measures are taken there are hardware/software backdoors on devices out of your reach on the network.
The only way to avoid censorship is to completely isolate yourself which is just not practical.

>censorship
I meant surveillance

Proofs

Who are "they" and what the fuck are you even rambling on about, user? Sounds like schizoposting if you don't provide any context at all.

so does Facebook, that records everything you type on computer or phone

fsf.org/blogs/community/replicant-developers-find-and-close-samsung-galaxy-backdoor
This is an isolated case and it's not that black and white. There is also no real solution to this, because you can't just manufacture your own mobile hardware.
redmine.replicant.us/projects/replicant/wiki/SamsungGalaxyBackdoor
Only unusable and ancient Samsung devices are really affected and according to their research - this can be mitigated by not running a proprietary firmware aka running a custom ROM. Too bad Replicant is unusable as well and available for so few devices.

I don't use the app. I block faceberg ads and the buttons both with adblockers and at my router level. I'm fine.

dude what

Attached: f2fe2052d1d514ed62c9112152070c2b81ce8bb0d5725fba3928c9f28360e5f4.jpg (500x375, 112K)

The history of the United States is smart men saving the rights of fools.

So this is the price of true android freedomz... pretty depressing.
A better way has to be possible, no? How is it that they haven't achieved 3D graphics support yet and WiFi/Bluetooth are still proprietary? Lack of funding?
I remember reading about how Sailfish OS could be used on a wide range of devices thanks to some thing, can't the Replicant developers do the same? Or is Replicant too old for it to be changed drastically?

Attached: _20190707_093805.jpg (895x433, 87K)

That's because Jews were fucking idiots back then. They've now infiltrated every nook and cranny of our society.

You're misunderstanding him. He mean he's autist that live alone and never contacts anyone so the bonet can only hear his commands and fap sounds.
t. lone autist

Amazon Echo is basically a proprietary listening device. Glad I don't own one and never will!

My private information.

Based schizo poster
They are out to get you. Kill your family.

>aka running a custom ROM
All custom ROMs except Replicant have nonfree software in them.

Being paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't watching you. Privacy is a basic human need and part of establishing security.

>Privacy is a basic human need
Then how are so many people living without it?

>make sound insulated box with echo inside
>box has microphone outside and speaker inside
>if box hears custom wakeword (running open source voice software locally) it pipes next 10 seconds into box for echo prepended with prerecorded "amazon" to wake it
This should work right?

Convince me you didn't learn to debate in a playground.

Sure, but good luck getting proper sound isolation. It's a bitch.

If it's that hard you could pipe whitenoise into box/near amazon echo's mic and turn it off when it needs to hear a command.

Imagine if amazon internet satellites only allow use of amazon services for free with amazon account. Expensive internet plans as extra. Then competition would have to get internet satellites too to not have a massive disadvantage. Cant compete when amazon has taken limited space for satellites in space. Amazon has blue origin space rocket program to favor itself. Amazon should be broken apart or it will have money to own everything. Most profitable path. Invisible hand is inevitable outcome. Others on this path too. Suffering, ignorance, greed, unsurvivable alternatives and worsening environment/options. Irreversible.

With fast enough system you could even have it turn white noise volume up if outside loudness goes up to prevent it from hearing yelling etc.

Dude, why are you so fixated to know everything about me lol? why do you have to control everything you freak?

It's been done!
instructables.com/id/Project-Alias/

>going against corporations is "commie behavior"

Corporations are commie-esque institutions in a way already. Mammoth-hunt of the 21st century, and people mistake the hunting squad for family.

But they are not. Most people don't run around flashing their private parts, exposing their medical history, or sleeping in public places with anyone to see them, for a good reason.

Absolutely guaranteed that if you talk to someone who has this mentality of
>Lol fuck privacy, who cares?
And you start to bring up everything in his life, like their former partners, where the kids go to school and when their birthdays are, comment about their recent purchases, talk about stuff you can see in their home in their pictures etc.. Suddenly this person cares a whole lot about privacy and finds you creepy as fuck for knowing all of this about them.

One guy here on Jow Forums actually did this to prove a point to some guy he played with.
He basically just listened in to the conversations until he heard this guy's other online handles mentioned, looked them up and found his real name. Then proceeded to dig up all the info and history of this guy who supposedly didn't give a fuck about privacy. Suddenly this dude was pretty damn concerned about his privacy when everything about him and his family was brought up by some gamer online.
It's all about perspective. People don't give a fuck about this stuff because they don't think about it, but it's absolutely guaranteed they value their privacy when they're creeped out by some random guy looking them up.

>.t an intern who tried to talk about cybersecurity/privacy with coworkers on a break when the discussion was about vpns. "What are you aking about user, I just need it to see websites blocked in my country", "lol are you a terrorist or what, why would you encrypt your data", "I have nothing to hide, maybe pictures of my dick, thought I already shared some with a gal on snapchat soooo I don't really care".
Keylog these NPCs and give it to them good and hard.

>Corporations are commie-esque institutions in a way already.
This. Big institutions are obsolete for everything but mining raw materials.

Nothing to hide? Nothing to fear.

replicant.us/supported-devices.php
youtu.be/aBw5jJu2fB4
All these are standard built-in AOSP apps and some from F-Droid. Nothing you can't install on other phones and custom ROMs. And the latest device Replicant supports is the Nexus 5X. Yikes.

And add to that with they will soon be recording all the time not just after the wake word, no issues there is there?

Attached: dys.png (1080x1232, 414K)

What the fuck is Alexa?

Did you know governments evolve and your freedoms and rights might be invalid in a few months time?

Or just don't respond, anyone having any of these is a tool who is incapable of any critical thought

>moving the goalposts
Plenty of people live their lives just fine using online services like Facebook and Google.

>What the fuck is Alexa?
It's a device that is used to accumulate all the uses sounds, noises, words and conversations within its range.
It can also allow Amazon to know what you're watching on TV or listening to on radio.
It doesn't just send key words to Amazon; it sends everything. The sounds are processed at Amazon's processing center and classified.

So like a cell phone, except stuck to one place instead of always with you?

>belittlement
Facebook or Google collecting data serve no purpose to the customer, and the potential for abuse does not justify the increase in convenience.
Best case: little extra conveniece (that might be replicated using email).
Worst case: population control, lists of "dissidents", easily filtered for undesired people, mighty tool in the hands of those wishing to obtain power over you.

You are so out of touch with reality if you think having your data collected is on the same level as a lack of food or water.

I never mentioned this.

I hope you farm your food from scratch and never buy anything from a store. The clerk could be memorizing your purchases to give to big brother later. You don't sacrifice convenience for privacy right?

put simply, it's a wiretap which googles everything you say
no really, that's not embellishment or beside the purpose, that is literally what it's advertised to do, and what people buy it to do

>how do you respond?
i tell him the hid im hiddig

Did a free software advocate touch you in your no-no place at an impressionable age? You're really projecting your prejudices.
Grow up and do some research, you sheep. There are children starving in Africa, you know. My dad can beat up your dad anyway, so there.

alexa, where are the bodies

>Privacy is a basic human need
I'm sorry your ESL teacher didn't teach you what "basic human need" means.

Gag on big tech's cock somewhere else.

Yet you are using this site which is ran by big tech.

When Bezos get enough voice input from you, he can synthesize you admitting owning CP and put you into his Amazon prison warehouse to work for free forever.

I'm not that user. I'm just observing you defending gigantic tech monopolies in a passive-aggressive way, using infantile arguments.

This isn't about your strong, strong opinions on the difference between needing and wanting something, because you don't have those. You're objecting to his choice of word (singular) because you like your apps and are annoyed that people are raining on your parade.

He can do that for anyone. He doesn't need a wiretap.