/pcbg/ - PC Building General

Some leaked benchmarks are out. Official embargo for reviews is on 7/7, likely 9AM EST

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming(dGPU optional).
>R5 2600 - Good 60fps+ gaming CPU; great value
>R5 3600 - midrange; good for all but the absolute highest end GPUs
>R9 3900X/3950X - High end; highest FPS

>Intel CPUs are now defunct. Even used i7 workstations are no longer worthwhile due to vulnerabilities and related performance regression

RAM:
>Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks is the only recommendation for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 minimum
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>GTX 1660 - higher fps or for more demanding games
>RX 5700 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RX 5700 - 75-100fps+ in most games
>RX 5700 XT - Higher framerates
>2080ti - Highest possible framerates, but poor value
2160p (4K)
>5700 XT Overclocked - budget option
>RTX 2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive
OpenGL on Windows
>Nvidia

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING imgur.com/a/RTbKAxD
>AM4 VRM listing: make an imgur link, someone
>Yes, adaptive sync (freesync) is important
>A 256GB+ SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>NVMe do not give faster boot/load times than a fast SATA SSD
>"Bottleneck checker" sites don't work
>Don't use Speccy

rentry.co/pcbg-more

Last thread

Attached: oh no housefires.png (1173x1024, 589K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true
anandtech.com/show/14614/supply-of-dram-nand-and-displays-could-be-disrupted-by-japan-and-south-korea-dispute
anandtech.com/show/14596/toshiba-western-digital-nand-production-partially-halted-by-power-outage
imgur.com/a/U6QXBbh
benzhaomin.github.io/bdiefinder/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHERE CAN YOU BUY A 3900X IN PERSON TOMORROW

oh look navi shilling already.

Best buy, Microcenter, Fry's. Have you even tried looking this shit up on a search engine?

>already
It's out tomorrow and there are leaks, retard.

You were shilling the 9900k 3 months before it was released. I even included it in the OPs I made. But you freak the fuck out when upcoming AMD products are "shilled" with reputable leaks out.

>It's out tomorrow and there are leaks, retard.
and after multiple benchmarks we can reach a good idea of what they offer.
You posted the most favorable image of the leaked benchmark as well.
>You were shilling the 9900k 3 months before it was released.
Excuse me? How do you know who I am exactly? No really are you out of your mind?

monday i'll call them and say "good morning i'm having a problem with the parts i bought from you on the order xxxxxx, the gpu crashes under load like a game, i have tested it with a dedicated gpu and i think it's the mainboard but it may be the cpu too, i'd like to return the mainboard for a new one but am also interested on what you suggest."

I called best buy and the mouth breather who answered had no idea because its not listed on the website yet

>Excuse me?
S E E T H I N G

>no mention of 3700x
Shit OP

maybe the mouth breather who called him up should just wait until the morning when he's ready to go out

i'll send an email to the RMA with these words and then on monday i'll call them saying the same thing.

>amazon prime day less than 10 days away
>still no zen2 or navi benchmarks besides leaked
I need to know bros...

Attached: 1551041461658.jpg (1360x924, 97K)

Not best buy. if its not in target/walmart then its not in best buy or the sales reps will have no clue if its in best buy.

how good is the i7 9700k? considering getting one depending on how good the 3900x is

Why does no one recommend VA panels ?

will the new cpu's be in stock for prime day?
and the super cards?

dumb frog poster

anyone using zen 1 amd cpus for audio production (ideally with large projects that can push cpus usage)? any issues to be aware of?

i'm assuming things should be fine with zen 2 cpus seeing as single-core perf is comparable with intel now, but would like some reassurance before building my next rig.

slow response times and all 1440p versions are curved for now. most of us are gamers and not doing a lot of professional workloads.

How will a 200 pack of Chinaman piss scented candles or a microSD card help with your build? That's all you're going to see for sale on prime day.

a 1200 is enough for most production needs

So my current OS is Windows 7 Ultimate. I got the House Party version way back in 2009 and have been using it ever since. What's the version everyone rolls with now? Windows 10? My new pc won't have a dvd-drive, usb installer is the way to go I assume? Also assuming there is a way to get it for free.

>You posted the most favorable image of the leaked benchmark as well.
So you admit that Navi's better power consumption numbers are most favorable?
Wow. That really backfired on you.

Worse than the 3600/X yet costs more and is on a worse platform.
Maybe if it drops to under $200 it could be worth buying if you are already stuck with a Z390 board for some reason.

Only issues would be on boards themselves. Some boards have poor audio latency.
If you want the absolute best audio latency (prevents skips and crackles under heavy load), X570 with Zen2 should deliver that as audio device is directly on the SoC.

Might there be RAM or SSDs on sale?

windows 10 and very easy ways to get it for free or extremely cheap on key resellers if you're ok with that

go to the microsoft website and download windows 10 for free, it will update from your activacted win 7 on the go

>hey where will ryzen be available at launch?
>HURRRR CANT YOU USE GOOGLE YOU RETARD
>the best buy wont even answer over the phone
>HURRRR RETARD YOURE NOT SUPPOSED TO KNOW UNTIL TOMORROW
fuck you

Attached: 1549245138972.gif (300x300, 1.28M)

>so you admited the cherrypicked image of a leak of questionable validity is favorable in amd, which is exactly what you implyed throughout
>wow let me pretend at something here
stop shitposting.

Not him but is there any advantage to just forking out what microsoft are asking for directly?

take your meds
or stop taking what you're currently on

AM4 VRM Chart up to X570s.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true

Attached: 2019_7-6_AM4_VRM.png (1139x5016, 745K)

i occasionally have to deal with large projects 200+ tracks, with dozens firing off simultaneously under load. it's not unusual for me to print certain tracks to reduce load form plugins in those scenarios. ideally i'd like to avoid doing that.

there was a reputation about amd chips having issues with low latency recording and monitoring, which isn't too much an issue for me, but i'd like to know that it isn't the case anymore.

is board latency an issue when dealing with an external interface?

no advantage all the copies are genuine. can also upgrade from a hacked version of say windows 7 to 10 legitimate quite easily

get a 6 core intel then
and also dont get a dedicated gpu because they increase the monitoring latency.

I've heard there's OEM keys and MAK keys which aren't actually as reusable as true retail keys?

No. And judging by Korean-Japonic relations at the moment, now's the time to get DDR4/NAND based storage before prices spike.

anandtech.com/show/14614/supply-of-dram-nand-and-displays-could-be-disrupted-by-japan-and-south-korea-dispute

anandtech.com/show/14596/toshiba-western-digital-nand-production-partially-halted-by-power-outage

You're worried over nothing. Neither Zen2 nor anything competitive with it will be on sale anyway.

fuck off, redditor

Thanks. Any recommendations for SSD that's as good as 970 evo plus but is not evo plus, or is almost as good but significantly cheaper?

that almost looks like game titles

>is board latency an issue when dealing with an external interface?
No, I don't think so. I could be wrong. Outside of Zen having a bit lower USB latency as well since it also has some/lots of USB 3.1 on the SoC as well.
Afaik the on board audio device and its drivers is bypassed when using a USB DAC. But if using S/PDIF, then it probably matters. Not an expert on that, though.

I can't recommend NVMe for someone who doesn't actually make use of it and won't see any performance difference over simply using an MX500 or a more budget NVMe like the SX8200.

CPU has nothing do with recording latency. You can only compare CPU overload per buffer size.
If it really bothers you, get the i7. At really fucking obnoxiously high audiophile quality, the small difference in single-thread performance might make all the difference in minimizing latency for the timing.

created imgur link for AM4 Vram
imgur.com/a/U6QXBbh

Regardless, if the benchmarks are good enough, I'll still buy it regular price. I don't trust the "leaked" ones.

I have a 7 year old CPU. Disreguarding fanboiz can I get a lowdown? AMD or Intel for upgrade?

will the ryzen 5 3600x become the best gaming cpu? at this rate it seems it will

I got a MSI B450-A Pro, really want to know if it is a wise thing to buy R7 3800X and 32GB DDR4 3600 memory.

So at this point can we guesstimate what will be the absolutely best consumer CPU for games after tomorrow?

>and also dont get a dedicated gpu because they increase the monitoring latency.
not really an option since i have to deal with video on the same machine. it hasn't been an issue so far on my current set up / 7700k.

worst case scenario i can keep this machine around for tracking, since i rarely do it these days.

probably best to just wait and see how the dust settles - i'm just being greedy for new specs.

cheers. yeah, it's very rare that i have to deal with a 96k session.

Just post the image itself retard

Attached: 1549854102110.png (1139x5016, 745K)

Sandy bridge is still fine.

Just wait until the reviews tomorrow. Why is this so hard for everyone to understand?

9600k (sometimes) 9700k and 9900k will still beat it in raw FPS but in terms of bang for buck, it'll be a good CPU.

it does make a small difference bc the cpu has to reach for the dgpu at every cycle instead of dealing with its own gpu that's right near it

SEETHE

(These are all 1TB TLC NVME drives)

Mushkin Enhanced Helix-L, Inland Premium, Silicon Power A80, Mushkin Pilot, Corsair MP510, Patriot VPN100

Almost all of these are cheaper than SX8200 Pro.

No, the 3950X will be the best.
But everything after 3600/X is going to go into diminishing returns, similar to how few games utilized more than the 8700k/9700k
>9600k
ahahahahaha holy fuck people STILL believe this isn't a garbage CPU despite the mountains of evidence against it just because they can cherrypick "good enough" CSGO benchmarks and ignore anything that's actually CPU demanding.

That user means to have a link to include in the OP, retard.

can i also add that the mobo was reporting high temperatures??

arent modern day integrated gpus enough for editing

It isn't though. It is bottlenecking my GPU and chugging on single threaded applications. Time to wait for reviews i guess.

aaaaAAAAHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1558572889401.jpg (836x543, 111K)

>people STILL believe this isn't a garbage CPU
It's not a good one to buy now, just saying there are probably some poorly threaded games that it'll will beat the 3600x in raw FPS average. Probably stuttery as fuck though. I just don't see Zen 2 closing the legacy IPC gap that intel has.

thanks, will look

Overclock it to 4.8ghz

not a bad idea i'll see how high i can get it stable. how much voltage to add? I'm on undervolt 4.0GhZ rn

yeah this, overclock it

>oh no my i7 isn't enough anymore!
>i just bought an used 1200
grow a pair of balls guys

see how far you can go with stock voltage

not much past 4

I can't wait for tomorrow. I'm going to laugh at you Amdnegroids. Screencap this you fucking deranged apes

Attached: 1560443167594.webm (640x640, 2.76M)

google cpu model safe voltage

The only reason I'm upgrading my daily is because the corsair AIO I bought for it 6 years ago is beginning to fail and the z68 motherboard managed to fry the daisychain link and now refuses to post with dual channel ram ( I have to keep my ram slots in single channel mode just to Post.

The plan is:
MSI B450 Gaming pro carbon AC
Patriot PVS416G360C6K
Ryzen 3700X
Same GTX 1080, samsung sata SSDs and 750W gold power supply. Acer monitor supports gsync.
Anything i should look out for? thought of picking up a cheap m.2 NVMe but I don't think i can justify it for more than storing gaymes.

Attached: seemsgood-png-3.png (391x397, 28K)

Bluestacks is telling me it's not able to use "hardware assisted virtualization" or some shit and that i have to enable it in bios. what is that called in the bios menu?

they are OEM keys so they are single use

Yeah, and with nothing running in the background, in a few games.
Zen2 has a massive IPC advantage.

other than waiting for launch to make sure the BIOS support for Zen2 is going to be fine on that board, that plan is fine.
Oh and well, people tend to have issues with Patriot memory. Literally anything else is more advisable, even random Taiwanese stuff like Team brand.
Go air cooler this time. Mugen/scythe with arctic 120mm PWM fans from the value pack swapped on is a good choice if you also need extra fans for your case.

I doubt I'd need to re-install, or that the amount of times I'd ever need to reinstall would be greater than the cost of however many OEM keys I would need to buy, but are there seriously no other differences in OEM installations?

what GPUs should i be buying used

If you're literally swimming in money, is Titan RTX worth considering over the 2080Ti?

What's a good brand to buy DDR4 3600 CL16 from? Suddenly all the prices are up at like 250$+ when it was like 160$ a week ago. Is crucial ballistix any good?

So, Aorus Pro for like 350€ or X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WiFi for 230 (amazon warehouse)?

go for used gpus

post pic of you literally swimming in money first.

Will 3000mhz cl15 ram bottleneck a ryzen 3700x?

Never

just get b-die and OC it yourself durrrr

Anything less than 3733CL0.00001 will bottleneck.
What a dumb question.

all we know right now is that they recommend 3600cl16. gotta wait for reviews.

Did my board get the update for Ryzen 3000?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-06 PRIME A320M-K BIOS FIRMWARE Motherboards ASUS USA.png (815x887, 39K)

Nah but it will not run at full potential.

No, check the dates.

>b-die and OC
so what does this look like? I buy a 3200/CL16 kit which matches some b-die list somewhere? What are the actual specs I'm looking for?

>amd will be best value for midrange
>nvidia will be best for everything else
as always

benzhaomin.github.io/bdiefinder/

>1080Ti perf is midrange now
That's fine by me.

if you're on a budget you can get micron e-die, which is pretty much any crucial ballistix. the better ballistix are micron b die i think

Bros where do I sell my 2060. Gonna drop it and pick up a 5700xt instead

Tick tock tock tock tock, Intel.

Attached: maam.jpg (407x588, 82K)

How much could I sell this for? Is $850 too much? If you bought it new you'd have to pay 15% tax + shipping so $850 is already pretty good.

Attached: 1553374795364.png (1275x526, 111K)

r8 my 6 y old pride and joy (7 even I don't remember)
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G2020 @ 2.9GHz 2.9 GHz
RAM: 4.00 GB (3.48 GB usable)
System type: 32-bit Win 7 Enterprise
Memory: 500 GB (3 hard drives)
Graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

I vacuum regularly and all I changed so far was the thermal paste and PSU for a terrible grinding noise a couple years ago. how much longer will this thing last? I stopped playing vidya for a year now, but when I did play I would get a frozen screen and buzz shit from time to time. I'm scared frens, I don't have the money for a pc at the moment.

Attached: 1553717081180.jpg (636x632, 144K)

can you guys recommend me a 4k monitor?

Cute as a bab, go for a Lolnux setup if you want that thing to live as long as it can.

That's pretty neat. So it ought to be OK to buy a less-than-perfect timing set and expect to be able to OC it to par?