Try to copy a file to my high end android phone through USB-C

>try to copy a file to my high end android phone through USB-C
>nothing happens, endless loading
wtf is up with android? why is it getting worse and worse?

Attached: 1540264441045.png (405x195, 31K)

Works fine for me. Maybe you're just a brainlet

kys retard

maybe it's time to get an iphone

a phone is a wireless device, user
you need to use wifi or the cloud

Stfu brainlet
Kys

Android uses the Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) by default, which is a piece of absolute shit created by Microsoft. If you're lucky you might be able to select 'legacy USB mode' or something like it on your phone. If not, then root your phone and use a file server or go full botnet and use dropbox, google drive, etc.

>high end android phone
The U11 was a mid-range device when it launched in 2017. Don't kid yourself. That said, is correct.

I always thought there had to be a rock bottom, Android showed me there isn't. It just keeps getting worse by the day.

whats your email i have something to send u

Its Windows desu senpai

Its thanks to MTP. It was personally written by Hitler, after finishing it he killed himself because it was a better option than to continue to live as it's creator.

umm I don't have one set up yet I just bought my domain a few minutes ago and the dns zone transfers are only just now going live

Attached: 2019-07-06-200427_776x364_scrot.png (776x364, 49K)

kek

Jiggle the phone end of the cord, unplug it just a tiny bit but not enough to disconnect things and then put it back in, that usually does it for me when stuff gets stuck

Hello, Jordan.

Attached: 1328361292188.jpg (600x450, 28K)

The usb controlers in phones still are usb 2.0

The usb c standard has signaling backwards compatibility using a different connector.

Attached: 1558380790127.jpg (700x786, 47K)

>W10
>Vista dialogue but only when copying to phones

Sasuga Microsoft

>MTP
Yeah because presenting the phone's storage as a USB mass storage device was just way too easy, simple, and sane. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if nobody at Google ever bothered to test file transfer over a USB cable. "Surely everyone's just using our cloud shit by now?"

That's how I do it nowadays only not through Google, obviously.

Fuckin weird

Whip out solid explorer and do an ftp/sftp transfer, way faster over wifi than MTP crap.

don't use usb 3

JORDAN

Check your cable, might be busted or the contacts tarnished. If the latter then connect and disconnect your cable ~20 times, this will wear out the copper oxide film on the contacts which does not conduct electricity and acts as a resistor which causes connectivity problems.

You REALLY REALLY don't want anything except MTP for what is essentially your pocket computer. Block level access can and has fucked shit beyond repair (factory reset can't recover corrupted OS) which is why MTP is basically the only way to communicate through USB on android.

If it bothers you that much, root your phone, and create virtual USBs (popular among sysadmins) that can show up as any emulated storage device and if anything goes corrupt its just the virtual USB and not your entire android OS.

adb

>virtual USB
can they be dynamically resized so you don't have a 16gb block of wasted space on your device?

might I add: disconnect and disconnect from BOTH the usb to phone usb port and usb to usb port side as both of these ports can accumulate tarnish on their contacts.

>Block level access can and has fucked shit beyond repair (factory reset can't recover corrupted OS)
that sounds more like a problem on their end to me. And instead of fixing that and doing things properly, they just limit me to some brain-damaged protocol to make it not their problem anymore.

>If not, then root your phone and use a file server or go full botnet and use dropbox, google drive, etc.
Just get Solid Explorer and the FTP server addon. No need to root to get better transfer methods.

Same thing to me. If I try to transfer a folder with like 1k pics it just stops. Its also very slow

>high end
>android
choose one

BASED U11 NIGGA-BOOST

Some phones do have USB3.0(or 3.1) controllers with Type-C, which is why I can get over 100MB/s transfer rates with my phone.
I'm not saturating 3.0, my SSD or my alleged phone's storage speed, but still, it's about twice the rate of USB2.0.

Attached: usb3.0ishtypec.png (1981x911, 155K)

have you tried:
This was the case for me. That's what I get for buying 5 for $5 bundle of usb cables i guess.

I have used stock cable and 2 anker cables. It is still slow and shit. I should just use a WiFi transfer or something probably.

iPhones have severe overheating and thermal throttling problems though, they're basically unusable in the summer. Only a complete fucking moron would pay $1,000+ to experience pic related.

Also it's not 2012 anymore, grandpa. iPhones have been festering piles of laggy buggy poor excuses for smartphones since iOS 11.

Attached: 1546405806713.png (994x961, 335K)

You should still try that connect and disconnect bit. I read somewhere online that even "gold-plated" usb cables at best have a flimsy delicated 0.001mm of gold or straight up lie and actually use brass which tarnishes.

I actually got my OEM cable back to life this way, I was getting ready to trash it but about a few months later and it still works.

maybe use adb driver instead?

Do

Is it safe and secure for all kinds of files

Welcome to the pile of rancid, cancerous dog shit that is MTP.

Yes.
It doesn't use the internet or anything, just your local wifi network.

I copied 60gb off my OnePlus 3 onto my Ubuntu machine and it worked fine. Only copied at 35mb/s though, a bit slow.

MTP is dogshit. Use ADB for file transfers.

A phone is a phone, not a flash drive. As someone mentioned, block level access acting like the phone is a flash drive is also dogshit.

I'm actually going on a limb here and caution AGAINST wifi transfer especially for large files.

USB 3.0 protocol: 3Gbps theoretical (6-9 GB/minute real world speeds)
Real world wifi speeds: 0.03 - 0.06 Gbps or 225MB - 550MB/minute

Hell even usb 2.0 will be faster than wifi 90% of the time.

Attached: 205471.jpg (612x558, 87K)

I don't get it, I've never had a problem with MTP and I'm using a $60 moto e5 with a T400. Are you guys using bottom of the barrel chink cables or something?

We're not arguing for wifi for speed, but for reliability.

>using windows
Kill yourself immediately.

why do you have 2012 under your tripcode

I fucking hate this shit, had a pixel XL and it never worked over usb, could barely read the file system

JORDAAAAAAAAAAAN where's that email

he paid to shitpost?

the year means user donates?

the options field don't work no more, just post the content here

sounds like a windows problem to me