Should I ditch KDE for a WM like BSPWM, Openbox or i3

I'm wondering if I should switch over.

Attached: stupid fucking kde bitch.png (1200x1269, 295K)

just stick to kde it's fine no need to move to a fag DE

Thanks user.

Holy fucking samefag

Gnome is better

Nah, OP here I didn't post that.

no i posted that and i'm not op

gnome is alright i used it but now i just find that KDE is better for me at least

Attached: overwhelming_victory.png (808x615, 41K)

No.

I prefer Jow Forumsnome.

I meant I didn't samefag the fucking thread.

no worries user could of made it more clear but it's ok

can you please explain the purpose of this thread?
clearly it's not serious because you'd make a decision like this based on your personal needs, not what someone says anonymously on the internet.
are you trying to make fun of WM fags?
I personally use KDE, openbox, AND enlightenment. Technically gnome on Ocasio too.
I will always miss KDE 2 and 3, not sure if it's nostalgia or if they were genuinely great at the time. I find it sad that every system is such a mess these days, too many people with too many different needs combined with increasingly complex OS I guess.
KDE is the most functional for me out-of-the-box. When I was younger I liked to spend time setting up my computer until it was perfect (ironically, back then KDE was even better out-of-the box, especially compared to everything else). If I had the time and energy I'd still run something more basic and configure it to be right for me. In fact, it was only three years ago that I stopped using XMonad. I really liked XMonad, but these days you can get all the same features in kwin or enlightenment, I don't have time to fuck around writing code for my desktop to work right anymore. Now that I think of xmonad though, it's probably the most stable window manager I've used, and considering how small the code base is, to some extent you could say its the most configurable since it is the easiest to quickly and easily modify directly through haskell, whereas with openbox you are limited to the built-in options and xml files unless you want to spend a ton of time fucking around in the source code.

tl;dr: konqi is pretty hot desu and when VR is real konqi will def be my simulated beastial familiar waifu

Hey this is OP, nvm I decided KDE is the best

I'm the OP and I didn't post that.

I posted this,and I'm the OP.

that's already been established

Pope here,I samefagged the thread, my child.

Hold on, I didn't post that.

this is no longer a discussion

I'm not OP but I did post in this thread. I'm not going to admit which post it was though because I'm slightly imbarrased

Don't put words in my mouth.

I have the inability to make decisions for myself, I've literally never made a decision on my own, I do not dislike WM fags at all, their work environment looks extremely productive I just don't know if I could have the patience to set that all up for myself, But yeah I agree xmonad is really great btw. KDE is nice but I really desire the work environment of those WM users honestly. That's why I made the thread.

konqi a qt

Well I have not used BSPWM or i3 (i started with linux when those didn't exist... I use openbox because it's the active fork of blackbox which I used on slackware once upon a time) But as far as openbox, the one I know, you can get literally the same functionality from kde. The only reason I use openbox is because it's got the right mix of being cheap on cpu/ram and being featureful for my old netbook. I wouldn't use it on a desktop, from what I see of i3 and bspwm they are pretty pointless on a newer desktop too, I just haven't tried em so I cant say exactly.

Dont forget to try enlightenment if you haven't. It's been a perpetually overlooked WM/DE that manages to be more featureful than even KDE (other than the KDE project has tons of applications, but those all work on any DE of course), but enlightenment is still more resource friendly than even many "lightweight" window managers.

Switch to pure tty, you will thank me later

well what do you fucking do?
if you live in the cli, then tiling window managers really are efficient
they can be pretty intimidating but i3 works right out of the box and after using it for a few hours you should be good

it's a virtual terminal emulator whether it runs through Xorg, Wayland, or the kernel framebuffer. Unless you are actually suggesting he runs a server and connects with a console client.

Also, have fun running your "pure tty" on a modern high resolution screen. Tiny aliased fonts with only 8 colors are just a fucking joy, I've no clue how anybody left that behind.

I do run my laptop in the linux framebuffer console mode when I'm conserving battery and only reading or writing (on a plane for example) but for daily usage the saved electricy would never make up for the lost productivity

but kwin has tiling, so why would you give up other features unless you need to save cpu/ram

HOLY SHIT I NEVER KNEW THIS AND I FEEL LIKE A FUCKING BRAINLET.

You really need to stop taking shitposts too seriously.

your welcome ;)

Attached: katdab.jpg (700x700, 99K)