L O L

archive.fo/rW29X
Will they ever catch a break?
>factory reset mandatory
You can't make this shit up

Attached: Screenshot_20190707-150903.png (1080x1220, 741K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thehackernews.com/2019/01/apple-facetime-privacy-hack.html
engadget.com/2018/01/17/chaios-bug-causes-imessage-to-crash/
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4076588/Beware-new-iMessage-prank-text-CRASH-phone-s-fix-it.html
macrumors.com/2015/05/26/ios-bug-crashing-iphones-with-text-message/
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/11/macos-bug-lets-you-log-in-as-admin-with-no-password-required/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>The iMessage text bombing zero-day was disclosed by Google Project Zero researcher Natalie Silvanovich, who describes how the malformed message vulnerability can cause a Mac to “crash and respawn.” However, as Silvanovich notes in her disclosure, “on an iPhone, this code is in Springboard. Receiving this message will cause Springboard to crash and respawn repeatedly, causing the UI not to be displayed and the phone to stop responding to input.” In other words, receiving this text bomb through iMessage creates a condition that survives a hard reset and causes the iPhone to be unusable from the moment it is unlocked. “The only way I could find to fix the phone is to reboot into recovery mode and do a restore,” Silvanovich said, continuing “this causes the data on the device to be lost though.”

Well? What is the text sequence

N

This

I

I'm honestly not surprised desu, iOS is such a poorly coded mobile OS that every "update" actually breaks something that was fixed before (see rootgate).

It's already patch at least on the current build
This is the public disclosure after the patch

effective. Power

G

> Apple actually fixed the problem really quickly as part of the iOS 12.3 release on May 13. Even so, Silvanovich left plenty of extra time to ensure the fix has been made as broadly available as possible before disclosing the existence of the problem this week.

Fuck you, Jow Forums, read the whole damn article

>millions of devices potentially still unlatched
No. Fuck YOU

G

pretty low compared to the billions of android device still not the latest version

E

R

This isn't an Android v. iOS discussion. The point is that the exploit is still relevant

Is something wrong with archive.fo? It seems to be down for me.

why were they involved in apple anyways?

WHERE'S SATANIA

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1776955F-89D8-4B67-BE4B-99F879E4D0E7.jpg (732x570, 47K)

>tfw jailbroken on ios 11
oh no

>If you haven’t turned on the automatic software update feature in iOS 12, then I recommend that you do.

ohh thats the scam ok

Not even the first time the content of a message could crash iPhones.

Why is that even possible?
Shouldn't message contents be completely separated from executable code?

Think about what you just said

>Shouldn't message contents be completely separated from executable code?
How else are you going to read someone's messages, parse them for naughty stuff and keep a list of who's naughty?

Are you ifags scared to even text anymore? lol
Seems like more and more damaging text vulns keep being discovered.

Attached: 1562478402601.jpg (728x483, 31K)

based applel and their updates. Android can't compete, unironically.

It doesnt just restart the phone this time. It bricks it and void the warranty

"iTODDLERS BTFO"

cloud flare dns

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1542110303786.gif (640x358, 1.94M)

based

What took you so long?

Fuck my ishit rese-

They've had this shit multiple times before. Every time they just filter out the specific string instead of fixing their broken font renderer or making it so a font render crash can't take out the system.

Attached: ldWhJH1KaJiZALZR6ZKKSAeaDiHA.png (738x534, 2.26M)

>12.3
You could fuck with people that jailbroke their phones with this.

based

S

what did he mean by this

Attached: 1544949791218.png (731x681, 54K)

niggers

oh

yikes

SREGGIN obviously

>Problem with iOS
>Apple patches issue in a short period

>Problem with Android
>If your phone is under 2 years old, you might get an update within 6 months. If it's older, better buy a new phone lel

Okay then x

>some string crashes the buggy font renderer in iOS, causing the phone to boot loop
>Apple special cases the string
>some new string is found that crashes the buggy font renderer in iOS, again causing a boot loop
>Apple special cases the string
>yet another string is found...
And here we are today. I don't know how the new patch works, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't fix the font renderer's core issues or make a font renderer crash not boot loop the device.

Old and gay

t. icuck

Again? Isn't this the fourth time?

At least the browser doesn't crash because of one five word line of HTML.

Attached: IE Crasher.png (618x397, 49K)

B

Your mom just texted me a picture of her "failure hole". Wonder why she calls it that?

probably the same shit as last time: Unicode characters the OS can't decode or display properly.
>this message will cause Springboard to crash and respawn repeatedly,
great to see that iOS is still a flaming pile of horse shit for dribbling fucking spastics.

bNr

baste

>pretty low compared to the billions of android device still not the latest version
They aren't if you've bought one as locked down as an iPhone. Your "updated devices" also introduce battery throttling or random shutdowns. Enjoy!

I really don't understand how they can uphold their reputation as a vendor of "high quality products".
Do the normies actually believe that anything is high quality as long as it's expensive? No other company has had this many soft- and hardware failures. Pair this with their extremely restrictive operating systems and I just don't get why anyone would want an apple device.

>
>
>
>
>

There must be something wrong with either the iMessage protocole or their parsubg functions. But yeah abitrary code execution on an os made by one of the most wealthiest companies on earth is just baffling imo

Why is Google so bitter abut iMessage? They shit on it constantly every chance they get. What does lagdroid have? hangouts/allo/duo/RCS- oh wait...

I really don't understand how insecure Android users must be to trust screenshots of someone's Forbes blog with a link to than archive.fo page instead of the actual blog post.

>Apple actually fixed the problem really quickly as part of the iOS 12.3 release on May 13
It's fucking nothing, as usual.

This happened before about a year or two ago when someone sent a text with a indian character on it.

Anyone have the link to that?
I think it also happened with a chinese character 4-5 years before that.

In the past couple years we also had the dumb calculator buttons that fucked up the equation and also the admin login no fucking password.

Also the facetime spying vulernability that went unpatched for over 3 years.

thehackernews.com/2019/01/apple-facetime-privacy-hack.html

Is anyone compiling a list??
I personally want to start a fucking legal battle at this point.

This is like the 4th time this has happened.

engadget.com/2018/01/17/chaios-bug-causes-imessage-to-crash/

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4076588/Beware-new-iMessage-prank-text-CRASH-phone-s-fix-it.html

macrumors.com/2015/05/26/ios-bug-crashing-iphones-with-text-message/

Passwordless root login
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/11/macos-bug-lets-you-log-in-as-admin-with-no-password-required/

So it was literally one of the worst things that can happen design-wise, but they put some scotch-tape and bubblegum on it so it's supposed to be nothing? Even though it keeps happening?
Walk me through your thought process as to why you defend an objectively significant flaw as "fucking nothing." Misplaced feelings of belonging due to marketing perhaps?