Code/contest sites to get work?

I'm unemployed. Need work w/health benefits p soon since get kicked off disability at the end of the year.

have some security certs (Security+, CySA+) and mild networking proficiency and I can code, badly. I'm also old. can probably get a clearance (I had one like 15 years ago)

So far I just got on the site hackerrank, it's dumb as hell, but I hit about 800 in 2 or 3 hours.

Also suggestions on ways to game the score quickly? I thought the Project Euler would be good but the questions are too hard.

What are some other sites, contests? Or suggestions to quickly game hackerrank besides copypasta?

The employment sites I tried just got me a bunch of shady Indian recruiters calling me all the time now offering me part-time jobs with no benefits at less than minimum wage.

Have applied repeatedly on usajobs (I'm eligible for the affirmative action for disabled people) but keep getting denied or jobs mysteriously disappear.

Anyone know any good career or contest sites that might help me get a job?

Attached: needwork.png (604x474, 377K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B7qZajxE17E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

>security certs
Never gonna make it, time to flip burgers user

its atypical but you can freelance on this website called gitcoin and get paid in cryptos to do programming work. if you can code and need something immediate you could take the day and im sure you could hammer out some easy task like documentation or something and get like a fast $100

It's not a problem with security certs themselves, it's a problem with the particular worthless pajeet-tier certs that OP has.

exactly, get that CISSP user

Burger flipping aside - Elaborate?

I was going to study for the CEH then OSCP

I'm not looking to work at a unicorn. I'd really like a gov't job or something, p much anything with health benefits.

I'm old and tired. I can't do my old job because I can't stand on my feet all day anymore.

I don't have 5 years sec exp for CISSP is ISC2 assoc worth anything?

I was looking at CEH/Pen+ and OSCP. Think those are any good?

>CEH, ISC2
Forget it, anyone can do these if they read brain dumps. The recruiters are aware of this.
>OSCP
This is worth something, since it is based on a hands-on exam. I'd say this is the general rule of certifications - if it's based on practical, hands-on exam, then it is worth something and it proves something. If it's based only on tests that can be learned by any next pajeet, it is worthless.

If you know Linux, check out Red Hat's certification program, it's really good, the entry exams aren't too hard and recruiters know that if you passed these, you know your shit.

Not op, but I have RHCSA. Where can I try to get an entry level position? As in what websites or where can I actually apply for relevant jobs?

You think it's worth it to get a CCNA? I have some networking xp.

There's 7 months until the new one so I was thinking of that. I have no real desire to do networking, but other than the pentesting and bug bounties I think this is all dull as toast and have no desire to do any of it.

I seriously just need a job to pay rent + health benefits and outside IT I can't even find anyone that'll call me back.

The CEH did seem easy af desu.

The OSCP will probably take me 3 months of studying. I have no resume listable exp in pentesting though so IDK if I can get a job.

Have you tried LinkedIn? Maybe it's a specific of my country (central Europe), but I have a ton of requests from recruiters there - I even had to leave a note on my profile that currently I am not interested in changing my job. Though I do have RHCE.

Yeah, I keep finding ppl saying oh just get X vendor cert and there's so many jobs, but all the job listing want an entry level cert and like 5 years experience.

I can probably get an SAA in 2 weeks or so since a retarded person can do the level of AWS ost jobs require. The test is total bullshit, but no one hiring want n00bs. I know guys doing it and they're desperate for people but I can't get passed exp gatekeeping req.

Just lie? IDK firms I can get away with listing.

> CCNA
In my opinion it's not worth the time, if you're not aiming higher (CCIE at least). CCNA on it's own is just too easy and has the same problem as other theory-heavy certs - exam can be passed brain dumps...

I have tried LinkedIn, but for almost everything pursuing a Computer Science degree or havng experience was mandatory. I'm only 16 so I can't exactly be pursuing a degree or have a ton of experience yet.

The brain dumps I've found are honestly pretty fucking terrible. Like half the questions are wrong.

I don't know where these mythical 100% correct braindumps are but I'll take hints on that too.

I'd say it's pretty awesome to hold RHCSA at the age of 16. Not because it's very difficult, but because almost no teenager is motivated enough to take such exam...

Tbh at the age of 16 I was working at the local computer store and fixing shitty Windows problems... I already knew Linux back then, but messing with PCs owned by troglodytes was the only "job opportunity" I had back then.

It does not even matter whether the brain dumps are correct or not. But it means that such certifications do not necessarily represent actual level of knowledge of particular candidate. THIS is what matters for the recruiter - because it means more work for them to check out the candidate.

I tried applying to local computer stores but without luck. Currently I'm working minimum wage at my school district as an "IT Assistant" but really thats just setting up projectors and computers and cleaning computers out and shit. It's better than nothing since it's somewhat related, but I'd much rather spend my time doing something more productive like working on foss projects or getting more certs. My parents said getting a job or internship was non negotiable though so I'm basically stuck in this.

with no luck*

check based Chad white man Joshua Fluke

youtube.com/watch?v=B7qZajxE17E

>youtube.com/watch?v=B7qZajxE17E

Maybe I'll do a fascist version of yt. That's bound to impress employers

yeah man that kind of cert at your age is awesome AF. Maybe go to the FOSS meetings at your local community college or w/e?