TV's are technology

TV's are technology.

I'm in the market for a new one. Anywhere between 55" to 65". How do I make sure I don't get meme'd with gimmicky features? What should I be looking for these days? I hear 4k is a must these days but don't know shit about it other than it's a resolution size. Then what the hell is a 4k HDR? Do I need HDR? What's with TVs coming with fucking YouTube or Fire logos on the boxes?

I need clarification.

Attached: poster-for-5814847752001-3-720x720.jpg (720x480, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

frys.com/product/9927976?nearbyStoreName=false&site=sunlanding070719
slickdeals.net/f/13199881-extra-10-off-tcl-4k-tv-s-65-65r615-656-99-65-65s425-449-99-55-55r615-449-99-49-49s515-269-99-more-free-shipping?src=frontpage
rtings.com/tv/reviews/tcl/6-series-r617-2018
twitter.com/AnonBabble

All TVs are smart TVs , you’re not getting away from it
All decent TVs are also 4K HDR especially at the size you’re looking at
I understand you are trying to avoid “gimmicks” but the market is set up in such a way if you don’t have certain features you are not going to make it
Luckily TVs have hit rock bottom in prices so even if you don’t necessarily want 4K or smart features you can’t say you are really paying a premium for them

>All TVs are smart TVs
Fuck fuck fuck whoever started this fucking trend FUCK

Attached: 1562511241.jpg (550x464, 138K)

wait for microled in 2025

idiots don’t understand that you don’t need to use smart features of smart tv

You "wait for X" faggots need to leave Jow Forums. People who ask questions about buying shit are looking to buy now, not months or years down the line.

Wouldn't it be cheaper and less boomerish to get a 4K projector? Not to mention less Orwellian.

for tv's or vr/ar?

My $450 65" Walmart Spectre has no smart features. Also has shitty speakers but if you are buying such a huge TV then you should have some speakers for it anyway. Also since it was almost half as much as a big brand name I paid for the 3yr coverage plan because they have a bit less qc so it pays to be safe. No problems so far and excellent picture

It started like over a decade ago
Very high end sets had smart features and it's trickled down over the years to everyone
Back then it was worse, they had actual cameras and microphones for Skype and stuff

This
Don't connect them to the internet if you don't want to use them

Need to block out all light for a good picture, even a little light kills the image quality

I've been struggling with choosing either LG C8, Samsung Q85R, or maybe previous generation QLED like the Q8FN since some people claim previous gen was better.

I'm leaning on the LG for now due to HDMI 2.0, and I might get the new XT card which hopefully will allow VRR over HDMI, something Nvidia can't into.

>LG C8
Could have sworn I wrote C9. Regardless, I meant C9.

The "smart" features don't matter. You're not forced to connect it to the Internet or use any of that other shit. My set has FireTV built-in, and I just sideloaded the modded apps I use and NewPipe, no need to give Amazon one bit of info.

All of those TVs have HDMI 2.0
I think you're getting confused with HDMI 2.1 which is what the C9 has
Personally of the latest QLED wasn't so expensive I'd get that since you get the new HDMI and no burn in risk

>All of those TVs have HDMI 2.0
Whoops, meant 2.1. I suppose there's hope some that have 2.0b might get an update to 2.1, but I'm not holding my breath.

I was planning to buy C9 but rather decided for A9F since it’s better for what I need it.
all what I watch is produced in 23.976fps

Attached: 85041924-B823-4F59-B0CC-9623DA8CC128.jpg (480x270, 16K)

qled is still lcd shit

What's your budget and what media do you typically consume?

Displayport + Freesync.
Do it faggot.

This is the question. What do you usually watch/do with your TV. Do you watch Sports, movies or play games?

Also what is your budget and how far away from the TV do you sit.

Budget is probably around +-$300

I don't watch TV too frequently, but I plan on streaming to it with a Raspberry Pi entertainment setup.

Distance from TV, I'd say.. is about 10-12 feet

>This
>Don't connect them to the internet if you don't want to use them
Most smart TVs will autoconnect to nearby open Wi-Fi SSIDs whether you ask it to or not

For $300, you are going to be looking at TCL, low-end vizio, or refurbished low-end samsung 55" panels.

I'm calling bullshit

Google it retard

>makes erroneous claim
>gets called out
>g-google it retard
Put up or shut up with the FUD there

frys.com/product/9927976?nearbyStoreName=false&site=sunlanding070719

Attached: tv.jpg (329x248, 40K)

At that price point you're looking at a budget TV with rather poor picture quality. If you can stretch to $450 you can get a 55" TCL 6 series. It has excellent picture quality, smart features, input lag and most importanlty full array backlight dimming.

slickdeals.net/f/13199881-extra-10-off-tcl-4k-tv-s-65-65r615-656-99-65-65s425-449-99-55-55r615-449-99-49-49s515-269-99-more-free-shipping?src=frontpage

rtings.com/tv/reviews/tcl/6-series-r617-2018

Attached: 6204548_sd.jpg (1000x644, 122K)

If you want to be spoofed I suggest fucking off back to r/eddit

spoonfed*

oh he's back after finding nothing to support his bullshit
jesus christ dude I understand muh evil corporations do alot of things to get info on people but repeating shit you hear on Jow Forums isn't productive

I just bought:
- LG 43" HD TV non smart
- Xiaomi TV box
- S-BOX presentation stand 150cm height

Don't care about 4K since rips are too big for downloading.

Only thing you should watch out for is how bright/how many nits screen has if you plan to watch it in brightly lit ambient.

So what's the catch with the TCL Roku 4k TV's on Amazon? What exactly am I missing out on with a $210 43" 4k TV here? I know that nicer TVs will have much nicer panels and shit, but if I'm upgrading from a 2009-era 32" Sharp TV would I even notice? I can't tell when I go into bestbuy to view TVs because the saturation is always cranked to fuck and back.

The brightness on the cheaper TCLs isn't great, but other than that you are not missing much
For the panel you get there is like no better deal, TV, monitor or otherwise

Bought the cheapest and biggest Walmart 4k tv.

Size > everything

Can't find that $450 deal, only coming up as $500.

Still worth it?

If you get a good panel with no horrid uniformity issues then almost any TV is worth it (even if you do, take it back)
TVs operate on very slim margins

and it will send your nude pictures to your neighbors trough their wi-fi

Click that slickdeals link. There is a coupon code you have to use. But yes it's 100% the best bang for your buck TV right now.