Why the fuck is this allowed

Why the fuck is this allowed

Attached: calculator.png (975x630, 189K)

Other urls found in this thread:

extremetech.com/mobile/215628-the-great-graphing-calculator-ripoff
wabbitemu.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=nduMTX86Zl0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Buy a second hand one dipshit. I find those in thrift stores for $5 all the time. In college I would sell them for cigarette money.

Monopoly basically.

Same reason Apple can charge 1500 EUR for smartphones with 3 year old technology with the built in feature that they break automatically when they launch their 2000 EUR phone 3 years later

Why is it a problem? The only reason you should have difficulty dropping $120 on something is if your only income still comes from the allowance mommy gives you for being a good boy.

lobbying to force schools to have TI be "the standard", same thing apple tries to do

get people in education into an ecosystem, and hope they never find out what's outside of it

The old hardware is expensive.

Do you even NEED one? Until you are able to perform on paper any calculations it can do you shouldn't be allowed near it. Only then it is a tool and not a cheat.

Get a fucking Casio, american texasfag

$120 for something you use for all of college sounds like a good deal. Or you could just use your $800 phone

i was required to have one in like 6th grade. Fucking bullshit to ask parents to pay that, but luckily i am white and my parents could afford it.

Do the parents have another source of income, or are they still relying on allowance from their parents for being a good boy?

This. College admissions exams used to exclusively allow TI for a while, fucking bs. It persists because that's literally the only time you'll need one (at least I've never had acollege math course professor allow graphing calculators) so once you pay that cover charge on your SAT/ACT and move on you never think to stop it for others. Same reason circumcision is still legal in the US come to think of it.

can ti-84s even do anything that could be cheating? i thought they always could only provide numerical solutions to properly formed equations, and i was always assigned analytical work.

TI-89s are dope though, i bought one in college and cheated my way through calculus with it. Haven't used it since I graduated though...

Found mine in a Canadian Value Village for $4 CAN. Works like a charm. I also found a Lenovo R61i for $10 CAN, with a defective keyboard, but replacement keyboards cost only $25 CAN. Otherwise, the rest of the machine works flawlessly.

You could save a condensed crib sheet in a TI-8x calculator, if you had the right program to save text into.

They lost their power in Sweden last year. Now everyone uses smartphones.

Back when I was in school this is how we HAD to do it, calculators were not allowed on tests until I got into high school

>Needing a calculator
This is why /sci/ has daily CS hate threads.

Don't forget to complete your purchase with the $3 pack of paper user!

i guess, remembering the stuff that you'd write on a crib sheet has never really been the hard part of any of the math classes i've taken though

you ok? Fucking spastic

I have a lightly used Ti 83 plus if you want it

Yeah these had full RWX privileges back when I was in high school. We aren't allowed to use them in uni.

We played a badly made Pokemon port on it.
I saved notes on it using a side-loaded text editor and cheated that way.

no you dont

BoM cost on that shit is a dollar or two at maximum

Education is the biggest racket in america dipshit theres a reason everyone is in debt. but go to college goyim its the only way to have a good job

For the same reason colleges force students to buy textbooks instead of using e-readers. It's just another method of extortion.

extremetech.com/mobile/215628-the-great-graphing-calculator-ripoff

wabbitemu.org/

Attached: Casio Classpad FX-CP400.jpg (720x960, 94K)

wow super cool dude

>t. college dropout

No shit. I find these at Flea markets for ten bucks, test em out, and sell them for forty USD a pop and people think they are getting a deal. The used market is flooded with Ti83 and TI84 plus series, and a lot of schools offload them on ebay, or people buy them from surplus auctions.

because bitches don't know bout muh scientific calculator apps for smartphones

>smartphones

which are not allowed on exams which makes them useless

I had like 5 of these, bought them at garage sales for $1. I had 5, because I always said to myself that I'd need it one day.

that's bullshit, there's no reason for that. the murkastronk education system is so fucked up no wonder corporations want to outsource everything

therefore
youtube.com/watch?v=nduMTX86Zl0

>don't question, just pay
anyone with half a fuckin brain should question why TI and Casio seem to have a monopoly on the calculator market
>inb4 poorfag
I can easily afford to drop $120 on something, but that doesn't mean I'm going to do so mindlessly
don't be a retard

That's a lot cheaper than in Sweden

Duopoly

Attached: Screen_Shot_20190508_at_10.37.07.jpg (1648x930, 167K)

loads of people in my class were using android TI emulators years ago, borrowing real ones for tests

I had to buy one for high school advanced math courses, it was the only allowed calculator for exams

it will solve 12x12 matrices, can you do that by hand?