/spg/ - Smartphone General

My Next Chinkphone Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: oneplus7.0.jpg (1200x800, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

xda-developers.com/amoled-black-vs-gray-dark-mode/
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_cc9-9749.php
phonearena.com/news/Some-OnePlus-7-Pro-owners-receive-weird-notification_id117190
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I have a Redmi Note 3 Pro (3GB ram version), it#s slowly crapping out.

What would be a good alternative in a similar price range (not more than £200)

Redmi Note 7

Going back to a Lumia 950, because I have 4 sitting in a drawer, and my Note 8 is being replaced.

Wouldn't mind being able to throw Lineage on the Lumia, though Windows Phone works fine for talk and text.

Why do people flip their shit over phone screens having notches now?

Redmi Note 7 100%

Too poor? Redmi 7 as an alternative

Who /op7promasterrace/ here?
God I love this phone.

Attached: oneplus-7-pro-review-1__01.jpg (750x1000, 122K)

Zenfone 6 when???!?!

stop recommending the Redmi 7, it's shit
the 50€ for the Note 7 are 100% worth it

>mfw its gonna be July 8th and Zenfone 6 STILL doesn't have a US release date

WHAT IS THE FUCKING HOLDUP TAIWAN

Attached: 1501173195891.gif (320x174, 1.88M)

Is the S10e really that bad?

Nope. Better than op7 pro if you factor in price.

>paying for a literal hole in the display

Are you daft?

The Moto G7 Active is on discount at $200 right now. With 4 GB of RAM and a 5,000-mAh battery, it seems like a decent deal. However, I've never had a Motorola phone before.

Any stories for/against the G7?

Attached: Moto G7.jpg (863x900, 49K)

any news on the blackberry key3?

Just one a OP7 Pro and it's fucking awesome. Dat screen.

Hi UK here, need an upgrade from my fucked up Moto g5. I'm thinking of a Xiaomi A2 lite, but it's fairly old so is there anything more recent for around £150 that would be a better buy? I don't like le mobile gaming but still would just like the best phone I can get for as little as possible really.

>Get a super amoled screen
>Half the apps are not really black just dark

>being THIS delusional

Attached: 1494508544984.jpg (480x360, 22K)

You could have right now a Galaxy Note 9 for 100$ less.

Redmi Note 6 Pro/Note 7

>getting bloatware infested samshit with shitsby button over silky smooth 90hz and oxygen os

Attached: 1512328184422.png (645x729, 45K)

Back until the G4, they were the absolute kings of Midrange: Great Cameras, Fantastic Near-Stock Android experience that was blazingly fast and had lots of cool gimmicks like the Doublechop for flashlight or Twist for Camera gestures, Great price, Globally unlocked with good reception everywhere and well balanced everything else.

They slowly began sleeping on their laurels and let most other companies usurp them. Ever since the LELnovo acquisition, they've been incredibly slow to get updates despite having near stock android that would make updates a breeze. There are now DOZENS of phones that offer way better specs for the same price as Moto's, the caveat being that they're chinkphones, and therefore likely to not have many bands that are compatible in the USA. If you're a burger or someone who cares more about the intended purpose of a phone (calls and reception), the the Moto G series is still a good buy as long as it's under the 250 dollar mark. I've heard the G7 was actually a big step up from the last 2 of the G series, But i don't know if they still got issues with the updates.

Attached: 1430979832328.jpg (3507x2480, 1.6M)

any meaningful differences between AOSP and CAF roms?

zenfone max pro m2 is a good high power budget option with tmo bands. only problem is its mostly marketed for india and they were a bit slow with pie

just read some article that says darkish apps still save a buncha power, almost as much as pure/amoled black

>No 3.5mm
>Chink spam notifications
>Ghost touch issues
XD

where do i find an article like that? I need the cope

It's a shame. I bought the G1/2/4 and 5.

G1 was the best. It was the first smartphone I had that wasn't utter cheap garbage. The custom ROM support was really fucking good and it was probably the only time I thought Jow Forums was fucking right.

G2 came out, not the best ROM support compared to that one but still ok. I just felt the screen on the G1 was better as well and I recall having a few issues with it.

G4... pretty great, however the ROM support kept being even shoddier. The lack of support for the LED light for notifications on stock was a bit of a pain. There were a few bugs on ROMs like lineageOS that would slow down the phone to a crawl by enabling certain screen related features.

G5 was about the same shit as the G4 only smaller screen and a fingerprint sensor that honestly is now just probably as good as on screen fingerprint sensors. Which ain't good.

Oh and for some reason the G5 has the shittiest microphone I ever experienced on a phone. No one could hear me proper through calls. I had to raise my voice all the time, with or without custom ROMs. Though I did not try any mic gain settings on kernel adiutor if those are a thing.

Not that user but here:
xda-developers.com/amoled-black-vs-gray-dark-mode/

Interesting.

What about AOD? I notice there's plenty of options for that but I'm not sure about its impact on battery.

Which is better: havoc os or pixel experience?

Attached: 1552432288302.jpg (442x694, 25K)

Pixel Experience: Closer to stock, closer to something stable
Havoc OS: Fuckton of features but hey, it might break

Depends on the device though really. I only used those on Motorolas and a Xiaomi phone. Not pleasant on the latter, I hate how people keep a ROM alive for like 3 minutes.

I have a xiaomi mi A2

Go with Pixel Experience. Comfier shit.

That guy seems poor if he can't afford afford >$200 phone. Not to mention he doesn't have any criterias for his request. Redmi go might be the better rec. :^)

mi a3 wheeennnnnn

also i saw it's on Ting, I'm pretty hyped. I bet it has band 12 :)

chances of this eventually being the mi a3? I really want to update my a8 and that one seems perfect for everything I want and need

Attached: xiaomi-mi-cc9-2.jpg (644x600, 69K)

Looking for an s8+/note spec phone for a good price.

Is Xiaomi mi 9 the best option?

What is the Thinkpad T420 of Smartphones? I have an S9+ but need a secondary cheap beater

>Samshit

100%.

I'm in the same boat as you. It's my ideal device, it'll be cost effective and run android one, has plenty of processing power for everything i'll ever need.

Do you know when it's gonna get released?

>Zenfone 6
Just get one that's unlocked and from overseas.

I don't know for sure, but Mi cc9 is out in china, and after the k20 pro came out in china it was about 2 weeks before the 9t came out iirc. so a couple weeks?

really wish xiaomi would just release the shit or tell us, they never announce it until it's released and keep us all in the lurch lol.

Probably better to wait for the US release to make sure it has all the bands supported here.

>tfw anus phone shills STILL haven't got their device out

lmfao. what a shit show. they must've ran into some massive fucking issues with the retard flipper cam

Might as well wait so you can get a usable warranty

REEEEEE I WAS ABOUT TO BUY IT

Attached: Screenshot_20190707-180153_Chrome.jpg (1073x675, 175K)

don't nigga, battery life on the s9 is horrible

you can pretty much get an s10/s10e for that price now

Where?

>USA
>Verizon
>Good camera, battery, 3.5mm, waterproof, wireless charging
>550 or less
wat do?

do americans ever even buy chink phones or do they just talk about it?

i know one guy who buys oneplus stuff, but that shit is honorary ameritard shit at this point

Any good phones with "small" 5in screen?

How do I prove I'm American with one?

S10e
No
good somewhat compact phones are: A40, Mi 9 SE, S10e

Chinkphone, passport, timestamp

screenshot of email with phone and shipping country and delivery country, can edit out your private info obviously

What is 90hz on the OP7P like? I read that not all apps "support" the 90hz as some animations are only made at 60fps. Are there any inconsistencies when using apps like Twitter/Mimi/whatever where some things are obviously 60fps?

Where is an s10e sold for that price?

here in Germany you can get the S10e for under 500€ now, assumed it was the same in the US
do you all pay list prices or what?

Bestbuy last I checked

Is the Pixel 2XL a good buy nowadays?

I've had it since December 2017 and it's still breddy gud, I don't like that if doesn't have headphone jack and sd slot but besides that it's good

I'm using the shelter app on android and twitter crashes when I launch the cloned app. Does anyone know how to fix it?

>No one cares about 3.5 jack
> I didn't get the notification
>2 weeks of ownership, no ghost touch.

We get it you are a special snowflake and your phone and opinion matters and should affect the whole industry

Is there a phone similar in price and specs to the Mi 9 but with an SD card slot?

>No one cares about 3.5 jack
Fuck off

notchless >>>>>> shit >>>>>>notch

gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_cc9-9749.php

64 gb isn't enough for you???

Daily reminder that a very small notch is better than a hole punch or a pop up cam or slider. The worst option is a large notch (pixel, iPhone)

The most patrician choice on the market is a very small bezel, but phone autists disagree

I just can't justify the 700 burgerland dollars. Especially since my 2 year old z2 play works just as well as the day I got it.

Don't expect many updates, or at all.
If you can live with that then it's a great phone.

DESU the notch is not noticeable in use 99% of the time
On my OnePlus it only causes a problem if your status bar is just full of shit

You mean G7 Power? Got mine in March. Battery life is top notch. With my "normal use," I only need to charge it once a week. Only things missing are NFC and a notification LED. I'd rather have that than Moto display.

Redmi 7 has a slower CPU than the Redmi Note 3 Pro. SD632 is slower than SD650.

I'm in the same situation as you. My RN3P's touch screen started to go crazy last week so I'm now waiting for Redmi Note 7 to arrive.

bought a mi max 3, thoughts?

Why do people shill this phone (Redmi N7) so much?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-07-22-09-40-370_com.android.browser.png (1080x2340, 277K)

Google Maps won't work in my Moto G smartphone with Lineage 14.1 + micro-g. For some reason, I always face up with blank and gray maps and areas, and it always halts the download of maps in the middle of progress. My smartphone simply won't download any data and cache.

Any suggestions to fix that?

Attached: 1492797145353.png (380x383, 14K)

Because it's a $200 phone that has almost no downfalls and is great for 99% of people that just want a good lagless phone with a big battery and screen

Use Here WeGo, you can download complete country/continent maps then use them offline

please rec a decent protective case for muh s9+

>now
lmao its never been good. I understand buying a phone because it is good despite the notch but I would never defend or be notch apologist when someone else talk shit about it.

since my op3 died im thinking of getting nokia 6.1 until librem5/pinephone come out

thoughts on 6.1 ?

osmand for an alternative map service, mapsme for a lighter/faster one
mapbox build for microg is supposed to be the answer to broken maps because v2 api i think. check microg github wiki

Attached: 05134651-shinji-yamasaki_cover_1333x2000.jpg (1333x2000, 238K)

It's time to adapt and get used to a world with jackless phones. It's going the way of the removable battery and that's it, just man up and accept it, you can't change it. Even Samsung dropped it from their Note lines.

Just get used to it, get the 128gb variant.

I'll adapt to it when they add a second usb-c port for my headphones. Until then, fuck Apple and fuck Samsung.

>t. samshit shill

and fuck OP for suggesting one plus 6/7 pro..chinkshit phones that pushed obvious malware phonearena.com/news/Some-OnePlus-7-Pro-owners-receive-weird-notification_id117190

Has anyone used Sprint's BYOD? I really like the Xperia XZ compacts but I don't know if they would whitelist either of them.

Attached: Header.jpg (1107x740, 612K)

Laudable attitude, but you'll have no choice in another two years at best.

What malware? Clicking on the push notifications didn't magically hack your phone. Nothing happened, it's just chinks having a laugh. Literally so.

Just get a Pixel 3a.

>"laudable"
>>reddit spacing
you have to go back

/spg/ is full of poorfags