WHY WON'T YOU DIE!?

WHY WON'T YOU DIE!?

Attached: 1561960495076.png (477x360, 24K)

It'll die when something better is made

>It'll die when something better is made
pretty much. and now to wait for the exFAT retards to chime in.

ReFS already exists.

exFat already does everything you would want to dumbass just because you cant tell doesnt mean that exfat isnt superior

>Hey guise let's make a $MFT struct
>Yeah but that makes a big slow necessarily contiguously allocated file that needs to be updated every single time something on disk changes location/pointer for tiny changes I/O amplification
>That's fine
>Okay. What about disk failure. A bad sector in $MFT
>Just keep two copies and update them simultaneously resulting in even more write amplification

Attached: 1560514329078.jpg (530x535, 31K)

Maybe I want my filesystem not to commit sudoku randomly if my machine crashes.

it was a good file system for its time and it has a lot of strange features that proposed replacements do not have which makes it difficult to replace it seamlessly (for all users)

it works on my system

Why don't new Windows 10 installs use it yet?

NTFS already does everything you would want to dumbass just because you cant tell doesnt mean that NTFS isnt superior

even shills say the truth sometimes, but then they realize it and delid
exfat is, and will always be categorically superior to ntfs with the exception of very few rare cases. fucking idiots keep using ntfs like a big dumdum bumgum troglodyte

>open a folder with 10,000 images on Windows 10 with NFTS on SSD drive
>takes forever to load the thumbnails ( i have even tried same thing with a RAMdisk but samme slowness because only like 1% of the shit is being utilized)

which filesystem can into many items? EXT4??

Of course it does. Driving with no seatbelt also works until you get in a wreck.

So let me get this straight: while mechanical drives use mechanical bit and bytes (the binary 1 and 0s),, they use also ntfs which is Windows10? so why do electrical drives like SSD drives that use electrical bits and bytes not use NTFS? is there no compatibility in usage? please sirs English is not mother tongue, do not throw trust into river sirs

Chrck if youre using the correct bit version of VLC. i remember having an issue with thumbnails taking an assload to render becaus the isntalled vlc version was 32bit instead of my systems 64bit. maybe not your problem though

But Sonic SD card drives do use NTFS.

having a seatbelt on only helps if youre going at high speeds. collisions that impact you while you are at low speeds dont give a fuck if you have a seatbelt on or not. same with exfat

So then the usage of such is dependable on how manufacture decide? Or formatting at the home, is possible? Thank you sir

So, to use exFAT safely I just have to make sure my buggy drivers don't crash during a write? Got it.

NTFS is a filesystem. It's completely independent of the hardware it runs on. You can use NTFS on an HDD, an SSD, a USB flash drive, or anything else that is a storage medium.

> exFAT retards chime in.. like clockwork. every fucking time.
oh my sides.
>So, to use exFAT safely I just have to make sure my buggy drivers don't crash during a write? Got it.
yep, it really is that awesome. lmao.

i just won the game
>its called spot the dumdum bumgum troglodyte that refuses to get with the times and use exFat

I'm not going to change the file system of my hard drive because a bunch of strangers in the internet said so

gotta sell Professional for Werkstations somehow

superior how

We have f2fs.
Microsoft has some heavy NIH syndrome in terms of filesystems but simultaneously they don't care about engineering anything else.

>New Technology File System File System

>>not using zfs for storage
>>not using ext4 for system

wew sure is sprinkle faggot in here

>not using btrfs for system

Attached: 1531760098956.jpg (754x1158, 85K)

*Laughs in my FreeBSD laptop with Root-on-ZFS*

HAMMER2 on Windows when?

I will personally post my ssn to 4channel if this happens, let's do it user

>using a non production ready filesystem on system
shugar dooger doo.

FreeBSD + ZFS is simply the comfiest and fastest experience ever.
My 7 years old laptop with 2GB of RAM and a mechanical hard drive was never fast like this, Chromium simply opens in 2 seconds.
(Do note that I used to use Gentoo before that)

When a tree grows out of Bill Gates' ass.

when microsoft makes developing drivers for windows less retarded
so never

the game was how to be a complete illiterate fucking retard, you are the undisputed champion of that game, faggot.

>unironically using shit-tier ZFS clones

Can I install Windows on a hard drive with the default settings and such and then just copy an image to a ReFS drive?

Refs is here

Because OpenVMS is still the absolute best.

At least it's a straightforward upgrade path from a filesystem which keeps two copies of the FAT at the beginning of the disk :^)

It's lacking several filesystem features such as hard links and online compression/encryption that the OS deems essential, so they didn't even bother adding ReFS support to the boot loader, which is responsible for loading early devices drivers alongside the kernel and HAL.

literally mad cuz bad, poor boy doesn't know why ntfs is trash compared to exFat

Attached: kv4PTiD_d.jpg (580x346, 27K)

Which you can't use for the system drive, which still has such massive problems that not even Microsoft gives a shit about it.
There is a reason it's only available for Server 2019 so far and that reason is it's a giant mountain of liquid shit.

exFAT has all the downsides of FAT32 apart from size limitations. As someone who used FAT16 and later FAT32 on a daily driver machine, in not about to use a FAT based filesystem on an internal disk again.