Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4 (embed)
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j (embed)
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt (embed)
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7 (embed)

Attached: 89179077d501cb15035c4b7959c37279.jpg (236x220, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/XFqkEL9.png
linuxjournal.com/content/globstar-new-bash-globbing-option
support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026852/windows-create-a-recovery-drive
github.com/z0z0z/mf-install
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you administrate a lan network or a hotspot,how do you remotely install a rat on a computer or phone that is connected to this network?

hey, how can i whitelist youtube and google recaptcha from ublock origins block 3rd party frames option?

also, any other change you guys suggest?
i currently have the default filters enabled plus Adblock Warning Removal List and Nano Defender

How can I send bitcoin anonymously after buying them with a credit card from a place that need ID authentication?

Attached: 774F27112A5D4675BF03EF48E46B7D33.png (554x600, 73K)

I got a new PC but every time I turn it on it turns off then turn on for good.

Is this normal or my psu is fucked?

Hey guys, I just got a 3700x to replace my 7700. Win 10 is smart enough to just fix itself and install proper shit if I just change the components right? I know back in the day this wouldn't work, and even these days it wouldn't be optimal, but I'm not worried about that, I just don't want to re setup all my shit how I like it again.

How do I make YouTube use full horizontal window size on Pale Moon instead of the small frame? Top is Pale Moon and bottom is Firefox.

Attached: b.png (1134x1383, 1.25M)

Does it really turn off or is just the screen that loses video signal?

DNS keeps dropping every now and then.
I can play Minecraft online and get incoming Discord messages, but I can't access any websites nor send any messages on Discord.

I can use /cmd and .ping my router, which results in 0% packet loss.
I have tried changing my DNS from automatic to 1.1.1.1
I have updated all my network drivers, tried swapping out the USB-wifi stick twice.
What is the damn problem?

where can I get a full view of networking? ip address assignment, dhcp, subnetting, dns, etc? is there a roadmap type thing?

Theoretically, you can't.

Oh and the only problem to temporarily solve it is to use the Windows "Identify network problem" when you right click the wifi icon.
It can resolve the issue for 30 seconds or a couple of hours, it's entirely random.

Try pinging google.com and set your DNS as 8.8.8.8 or 208.67.222.222.

Ping like this ping -t google.com and let it run for some time, see if it will drop the packets after 30s or whatever.

Sounds like some software is interfering with it. Remove any fancy lan gaming network software, virus/malware prevention suites, firewalls, etc. You don't need any of that shit.

Would using a wallet like Rahakot help in any way?

Also turn off any packet prioritization services you might be using, computer or router side.

The leds and the fans turn off then it start again the video signal turns after that

Will try it once it drops again.

>lan gaming network software
Got none?
>virus/malware prevention suite
Windows Defender?
>firewalls
The standard windows one too?

I don't use any services like that.

Something might be faulty, PSU, MB, CPU. Use the warranty.

Again, theoretically, no. Here's what I would do though. Send the bitcoin to another mobile device, but keep the device offline until you go to some random wifi like mcdonalds preferably further from where you live instead of closer. Connect with that device there, let the coins confirm, and send it to a few other addresses/devices ideally in different networks every time. At least then, it looks like you got rid of the coins to other random people and they don't just see your tx -> future law infringing cocaine address you're trying to avoid years down the road.

The router might have it on by default if you don't know for sure/haven't used it before. You might also want to update the router's firmware. You might also want to throw a different router in for awhile to see if the problem just goes away. If it doesn't still, you might want to contact your isp about getting newer cable wiring with proper radiation blocking splitters put in to your house.

I am renting an apartment so I am using the homeowners wireless, it has been hit and miss but lately it has well been... trash.

I tried pinging as you said and it just said "timed out" for a minute without any progress.

I don't have access to the router but I do have access to the settings because they didn't change the password and it's an old Technicolor router from 2013 with no software updates.

I haven't hear them having any problems with it either, so I might ask them.
Could ask them to wire it down because wired > wireless anyday

do AM320M motherboards support dual channel memory?

Can someone give me a quick rundown on changes to exclusive fullscreen mode for older Direct3D games in Windows 10?
I noticed that even without changing any settings, Morrowind has true triple buffering when running fullscreen on Windows 10. So frames are rendered as fast as possible and there's no tearing (just like Fast Sync or Enhanced Sync). In fact, I can't seem to get Morrowind to run without vsync. But other older games like The Witcher continue to have tearing unless vsync is enabled for them. Does Windows handle D3D8 games differently or something?

Who dis?

Attached: 1450659832892s.jpg (250x221, 10K)

Jeff Foxworthy.

Ricardo Estalmo, a famous Brazilian activist.

How to create the looping at the top and bottom of this gif in photoshop?
It isnt full loop in gif I just had to clip it short for filesize

Attached: redlight.gif (538x295, 2.98M)

why the fuck doesn't ublock work anymore?
I get ads on youtube

You should mean Ublock Origin. Also clear cache and update.

I have 3 disks I want to set up in RAID 5 but I want to make sure I can move them across systems for future builds, what do

Attached: 1483551649445.jpg (500x494, 79K)

just noticed there's a new /sqt/ so I'll ask here like I originally intended earlier today.

Alright, I managed to install Windows 10 onto my SSD via USB. Also learned that one of my front USB ports is broken. Got some new questions now though.

1) I have access to pretty much everything on my old Windows 7 HDD from my new Windows 10 SSD. Google Drive refuses to give me access for some reason but I never used it to begin with to my knowledge so I'm not worried. Could I just go into the HDD and delete the Windows files and not have to worry about it anymore, and just use my old HDD as pure storage now?

2) How long can I get away with using the free Windows 10? I installed Windows 10 Home from the USB boot menu but it isn't letting me customize anything without an activation key. But I don't want to buy one until I absolutely 100% need to.

3) Should I do a restore of my files from the Windows 7 HDD? What exactly does it import? Would it reinstall my games and Clip Studio Paint/Photoshop and shit like that?

Had to get an iphone for work. Anything similar or close to clover that I can use to browse the 4chins while I'm taking a shit?

My phone says it has 480MB left in storage. But when I try to install a 6MB update for Chrome, or Telegram, or any updates for any of my apps, it brings up the "uninstall apps to free up space" screen and says I need 84MB.
Anyone know what's going on?

My monitor is connected to my computer with a DVI cable. Could I hook my TV to it via HDMI and use that as a second display? For movies and such.

yes, for sure. My brother has been doing that for years.

In order to get anything other than plain files out of your old install, you would have to boot and upgrade it. There's nothing wrong with deleting all the directories you don't care about. Most people would probably just keep my documents and desktop, but it's up to you. Also delete the other partitions on the drive, unless you had it attached while you were installing to the SSD, in which case it's probably now necessary for your computer to boot.

Do I need to wait any time after applying thermal paste or can I fire it up right away?

it looks as if that is one gif layered on top of another.
The top are bottom is probably one connected gif in the layer beneath the top(main) gif

Trying to load the cue file for an .ape in Foobar2k. Get no playback, and just an error message stating "Error parsing cuesheet: invalid TITLE syntax". Same issue from different cue files. Nothing looks off about them. I already have the ape plugin, too (and can play ape files on their own without issue). Any ideas what may be causing this problem?

Attached: 1547314184031.jpg (657x527, 33K)

No I disconnected the HDD and installed onto the SSD via USB so the HDD isn't necessary to boot. I'll probably go back next weekend and copy all the genuinely important things and then format the whole thing. Thank you though.

fire it up. The first time I cleaned and reapplied mine it was still a little gooey before I wiped it so it takes a stupid long time to dry. If you were waiting for that, you wouldn't turn it on for some 4 years, I'd guess.

1. Theoretically you could do that, if by "delete the windows files" you mean get rid of anything you didn't want to keep like c:/program files or c:/windows, except you didn't activate windows 10. And you presumably have a working, activated, windows 7 installation, so why get rid of that? YOU MIGHT NEED IT.

2. Do you really want to find out? There are ways to do that without paying, but you should research that shit before you install the operating system (unless it's a VM in which case it's disposable), but you didn't so that might not be an option.

3. might not hurt. as long as you, you know, activate it. I'm not sure if windows backup can restore from old system hard drives as opposed to something clearly marked that it's a backup.

forgot to say if you want to achieve a looping effect you're gonna have to inspect each frame and cut certain ones so that the end blends seamlessly with the start

I meant delete Windows files as in delete Windows 7 as a whole but keep my pictures, videos, games, etc. My original goal when I got this SSD was to put my OS, art programs, and my favorite games onto it and use my HDD for storage. I just was wondering if having Windows 7 still installed on it would fuck up this process. Also I have a Windows 7 Ultimate installation USB in the drawer so if things really got fucked I can always go back.

2, I downloaded the instillation from the Microsoft website themselves so there's no risk regarding "getting caught" if you will. I have a basic free version of Home and just wanna know how much mileage I can get out of it and/or if I'll be forced to upgrade to a paid version. I'm fine with the basic one but I don't want to get fucked over out of nowhere.

3, pretty much the same response as my first paragraph. I understand the stigma, with this being Jow Forums and all, but I haven't pirated anything.

Consider attaching them to a RAID controller, one that stores all the necessary information on itself. I don't know how well that actually works.

Alternatively, if you're not putting your operating system on the array, consider using Snapraid. That way the discs can still be read even on a system that doesn't have Snapraid installed.

I think the windows bootloader will be able to recognize other windows installations and launch those if you feel like it. Just make sure your SSD is at a higher boot priority in your BIOS. Once you've booted into 10, I think you'll probably be able to browse the contents of your 7 hard drive, but I'm not totally sure (just conjecture from how my linux installation treats my windows installation).

Rad, thanks.

So, I broke out an old python script from a while back that sends notifications to me via my sms gateway and smtp. I keep getting 550 errors. Is my phone provider kicking back anything from python as spam, or what's going on here?

All of a sudden, my font sucks. I don't know what caused this. Every site is affected. How do I fix it?
i.imgur.com/XFqkEL9.png

I've used the inb4404 downloader to save threads on /gif/ for years but after switching to Windows 10 it's stopped working. I reinstalled python, and tried the usual method of dragging the .py file into cmd and then pasting the thread I want to download, and then it just sits there never downloading anything.
Is there a step to getting this working I forgot about?

Same user, more elaborate issue. Apparently it's not the downloader, it's anything I try to download, even manually. At first I thought it was Jow Forums, but I tested some other sites and everywhere I try to download videos they refuse to load and I get horrible or non-existent download speeds.
I've done a few internet connection tests and they aren't showing anything strange, I get anywhere between 80 to 100 Mbps download, but I can't actually download anything. What the fuck. Anyone know what could be causing this?

A friend of mine has a AMD AM1I-a motherboard with a Sempron 2650 cpu and asked me if I can increase the ram of his pc.
I was checking the manual of the mb and it says that only has single channel mode (pic).
Should I just buy one single big ram (8gb) for him since there is no point in trying to use dual mode?

Attached: fug.jpg (583x283, 54K)

* is all the files in the current directory. Is there a shortcut to get all the files in the current directory and all the files from folders, without something like "find"?

>linuxjournal.com/content/globstar-new-bash-globbing-option
bash 4.0
shopt -s globstar

then ** globs recursively

I have a 2014 shit netbook here that keeps turning off after having the lid closed for a few minutes. All that shit is disabled in the power plan. Even viewer says "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

Any ideas?

I have an old gaming laptop with SLI video cards, but I'm told SLI is more of a hindrance to performance now. Is this true even outside of games, and is it worth removing one of the cards? They are GTX 675s.

Could be a heating issue where the lid holds in the heat more or there could be something shorting near the hinge in the closed position. Or it could be software. What OS?

Win10

Live boot Linux to make sure it isn't hardware.

This should be the first diagnostic step for everything.
>my car broke down
>does it run if you boot linux?
>no
>okay, then at least we know it's a hardware issue.

For wireless cards which is better between 802.11a/b/g and 802.11n/ac?
My laptop is configured to 802.11a/b/g , should I switch to 802.11n/ac?

I'm trying to change use my bluetooth headphones to listen to my games on PC but it keeps it in the HEADSET mode which makes it sound like a god damn old telephone. When I tell it to goto the normal headphones it doesn't play audio. I'm looking in the sound settings and I got nothing here. Any ideas anons?

set up an mdadm software raid
it'll work on any system mdadm is installed

I started using a password manager a year ago, but I just realized that as soon as ONE website told me no special characters allowed, I left the password generation setting the same for every following website.

Is it worth going back to each website to change the password from 64-character letters/numbers only, to 64-character letters/numbers/special characters?

Theoretically it obviously makes a difference, but in practice I'm not sure I should be arsed.

64 alphanumeric is plenty, just replace them as they get old

Cheers, user. And yeah, I had that idea independently but I didn't know anyone actually practiced that.

I figured if there was a password leak or whatever that my account would be compromised for a time regardless of if I regularly changed the password.

there's a reason password managers have creation and expiry dates

I don't know what you mean.

I use KeePassXC but I thought the expiry date made the entire entry expire, not just the password. Let alone that the password/entry expiring doesn't actually tell me to change the password... it just forfeits my even remembering I own the account

???

My 2600 is idling at almost 50°C, stock cooler, with the fan running at 2,000 RPM.
At first I thought I installed it improperly, so I installed it a second time but I gained only a couple degrees. It's been hot as fuck for the past few weeks, but this isn't normal.
The only thing I can think of is the paste. It's the Arctic MX-4, but it's like 4 years old, so maybe it degraded over the years?
Case airflow is fine, I have 3 intake and 2 exhaust.

Attached: 1557162823116.png (382x395, 62K)

Is there any way I can stream flac files from my computer with my phone? I would like to listen to my library if I'm outside but 37gb is a bit much to store on my phone. Android btw.

Attached: jennifer beal.jpg (2976x2005, 851K)

In SVN, I can have a repository that looks like this:
/
private/
documents/
mydoc1.txt
mydoc2.txt
development/
work/
documents/
concept.txt
concept.odt
development/
pascal/
py/

I can then check out subdirectories or just single files. E.g. a working copy of /private/documents could be located in ~/Documents/svn, while a throwaway working copy of mydoc1.txt might be in /tmp.

Is this possible with git repos as well? Or do I always have to clone the entire repository?

search 'stream media from pc to phone'

the answer is yes

i7-2600?

Ryzen.

I did a search and some people say you should reinstall, but personally I would make a backup and try it without reinstalling. Make a bootable recovery drive first as it might help.
support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026852/windows-create-a-recovery-drive

Have you taken a look at your Power Options in the control panel?

Yes, minimum state is set at 5%.
I'm sure I tightened the screws of the cooler correctly, they're not turning anymore unless I want to break the thing.
I've done this operation many times on my previous Intel machine, so it's really bugging me.
FYI, mobo temp sits at 40.

what is the room temperature?

No need to wait.

I'm not sure, but it's at least 30°C.

That's probably it.

Yeah like I said it's been really fucking hot, and my room feels like a sauna.
I guess I'll wait for when it gets cooler. Thanks for the help.

you could try adding one of those huge honkin' heatsinks but it's gonna be hard to cool down with a high ambient temp

Attached: mugen.jpg (1280x720, 111K)

or you could try cooling the room itself

Attached: ac.jpg (275x183, 7K)

I want to share an e-book with a person online. What's a safe and secure way to do so? Mega?

What is a good replacement for gboard?

qbittorrent downloads cause my wireless network adapter to disconnect and thus shut down my entire internet for some 10 seconds before it automatically reconnects again

anyone have any ideas? I'm out of them
I've tried
>reinstalling adapter drivers
>messing around with power management options
>limiting max connections in qbittorrent config

Attached: kb.jpg (640x426, 42K)

Yeah we're probably getting an A/C next year.

what happens if you do it wired?

haven't tried cause I don't have a wired connection to my PC from my router. However, no other devices in the home exhibit this behaviour.

even when they use torrents?
what happens if you use a different client?

What's the best software for organising a music library these days? Still MP3 Tag?

tried deluge and it happens
tried qbittorrent 3.3.1 (which runs on an older version of libtorrent) and it still happens

if torrents work fine on your other devices then I don't know

shit works in mysterious ways i guess.
thanks anyway

You could try booting from one of those bootable linux distros and see if it has the same problem. That might narrow it down to a software problem.

I got bunch of old floppies, mostly 3.5 inchers from 80s. Should I back them up or how long will they last? Theyre filled with old software and are probably only copies of it

Attached: Floppy_disk_2009_G1.jpg (2560x1243, 270K)

How do I apply this: github.com/z0z0z/mf-install to my steam installation of monster hunter world?

Attached: F69CA7AF-6A6C-4EB1-A95D-5DDDF8BC0CE0.jpg (300x241, 13K)

I wanna get a Raspberry Pi and use it as a Tor exit node as well as a "Pi-Hole". Can I do both on one device?