Can someone please explain me what is the point of really expensive X570 motherboards when you can't even overclock...

Can someone please explain me what is the point of really expensive X570 motherboards when you can't even overclock. Also what is the point of 3800x when it performs similar than 3700x?

Attached: blade runner.jpg (700x525, 48K)

most of those beefy x570 boards were meant to be x590, which amd scrapped and mobo manufacturers got stuck with those designs, so they've slapped x570 on it and called it a day.

the 3800x has no reviews out as far as I can tell

im not even sure it even exists

overclock motherboard, what?

there was never a point in overclocking motherboards

X570 have drastically higher quality components in their VRM phases for handling higher amps and higher total current under extended load. They also have PCI-E 4.0 which can be useful if you have multiple concurrent NVME drives in use with a higher tier GPU.

>X570 have drastically higher quality components in their VRM phases for handling higher amps and higher total current under extended load
Yeah but you have no use for those when zen 2 need less power.

Thunderbolt.

A) to power 12 and 16 core parts to actually hit their stock boost clocks
B) to power whatever the next/last am4 ryzen gen is next year
C) pci 4.0 for storage and future GPUs

The 12c and 16c chips can pull more power than the 2700X, and they have different specifications for how that power can be delivered. It absolutely is required.

What's the matter bro, dont you like memes?

>what is the point of really expensive X570 motherboards when you can't even overclock
PCIe 4 and proper power delivery to run 12 and 16 core chips. Also they don't have Chimera making their security swiss cheese.
>Also what is the point of 3800x when it performs similar than 3700x?
Nobody knows what it performs like because there's fuckall verifiable info on it. On paper it has higher base clocks and 40% more TDP headroom which should allow it to boost more cores at once. I'd reserve judgement for after we get some proper testing to see what it actually does.

>to power whatever the next/last am4 ryzen gen is next year
There won't be another AM4 part. This is the last gen for that socket. Screenshot this post.

>Nobody knows what it performs like because there's fuckall verifiable info on it. On paper it has higher base clocks and 40% more TDP headroom which should allow it to boost more cores at once. I'd reserve judgement for after we get some proper testing to see what it actually does.
Btw where the fuck are the test on this thing?

While Zen 2 does use less power than previous gen Zen 2 also has 12 and 16 core CPUs
Only a select number of previous gen motherboards can handle a fully OCed 16 core while every single X570 board can
There is a spreadsheet floating around that gives all the figures and what motherboards can be expected to handle what

Delusional

The 8c chips are all going to be coming off the same line and the 3800X will just be the top binned ones for heat and leakage out of that. My guess is yields have been meh so they can't make any 3800X parts.

Enjoy your AM4+ in two years. You'll be able to use old chips in new boards but not the other way around.

Their only purpose is PCIE 4.0 which is only useful for faster NVME drives which is only useful if you're doing large sustained file transfers on a daily basis.

AFIAK the 2080 Ti can't even saturate the PCIE 3.0, so PCIE 4.0 is essentially useless for 99% of consumers.

No, that's not how AMD works.

That is consistently how they have worked since 2006.