techpowerup.com/review/asrock-x570-taichi/16.html
techpowerup.com/review/asus-prime-x570-pro/16.html
youtube.com/watch?v=qk3PD-4zPN0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I can hear that little cooler screaming

>realtek lan
no thanks

>only good looking X570 board
It's like you didn't even look at the rest. Shame it's expensive.

Attached: 13-119-194-V05.jpg (1280x960, 146K)

>How do you want your motherboard, bro?
>With full Doritos sponsorship, bro! That's the snack for gamers like me!

Attached: disgusting.jpg (711x724, 287K)

No you can't.

>The chipset fan, despite being set to run all of the time, was very quiet. It was impossible to hear over the other fans on my test bench. While the fan itself is still a potential extra point of failure, it is very non-intrusive.
techpowerup.com/review/asrock-x570-taichi/16.html
>The chipset heatsink, while small, performed well. The blower design of the chipset fan serves to cool the M.2 heatsink as well and was never loud enough to pick out from among the system's background noise.
techpowerup.com/review/asus-prime-x570-pro/16.html

Has anyone even touched the mITX ASRock X570 with Thunderbolt yet? Anyone?

when did they start adding fans to boards? am I living in the past...

Attached: 1533699292463.png (1024x768, 1.21M)

The new amd chipset requires active cooling.

Whats wrong with realtek?

They never stopped using fans on motherboards. The poorfags on here just didn't notice, as it was limited to Intel's HEDT platforms. There are even X299 boards with fans on the chipset.

It doesn't. It pulls ~14W absolute max, which could be handled by a decent heatsink with laughable ease. It's simply cheaper for them to use a fan and skip on the heatsink, which is why only the most expensive boards have passive cooling.

fucking hell look at all those dust traps theyve added to the board

glad I'm not the only one who dislikes this sharp random angle gamer shit. I can't even find any x570 without it besides the asus one posted above which only has 4 SATA ports. I need 5 minimum....

Wow this looks just like my Phillips TV from 2011!

It's a circuit board not a fucking dress faggot.

What the hell. Motherboards sure have gone to shit. Thank the fucking christ my old AM3 Phenom II x4 is still rolling fine and that I was smart enough to stock pile an extra board in case I ever need it. (also got another 955 stashed away to).

Long live ATX and SATA. Can replace every other component in my system from spares on hand other than PSU and SSD.

>>>The chipset heatsink, while small, performed well. The blower design of the chipset fan serves to cool the M.2 heatsink as well and was never loud enough to pick out from among the system's background noise.
look at that tiny little array of fins. If they'd made the whole chipset sink like that, and left those fins open to the air, they'd easily be able to handle 15 watts passively. The only possible reason I can think of that they didn't is that having the fins out in the case airflow means that you can't drape a big ugly plastic shroud over them, and therefore you have nothing to plaster your Asus logo and RGB lights on. The only reason 570 boards have fans is because of the gaymur rice.

Attached: chipset1.jpg (1160x768, 182K)

>io shield not preinstalled
Do I even need to mention how utterly shit it looks? If I wanted something akin to that abomination, I would be scouring craigslist

Attached: image.jpg (750x887, 124K)

>I can't put a plate into my case, I need it preinstalled for me
>Does this even have RGB on it? Wow this won't even go with my rgb anal buttplug.
The absolute state of zoomers.

And casually the shittiest one.

I hear nonstop complaining about gigabyte boards and their terrible bios. Is it just a meme or is it valid?

Attached: 50550467_p16.jpg (916x961, 253K)

>hurr durr, he doesnt worship my 10$ assus motherboard, zoomer!

Its shit in general, not stable under load.

>fan
gonna rip that fucker off.

>my single boomer mommie took out a loan to build my PC therefore it is better than yours
top zozzle

Under what use case scenarios though?

not him I'm assuming the part where you use your network adapter.
what kind of question is that after they say "under load" do you know what a load is?

Pretty sure ive had realtek in the past and I never had any issues with it I wanted to know what caused him this issue or to expand on why its bad not some vague explanation.

High CPU usage.
Anything under 500Mbps will work, anything after that might be unstable even if its rated for 1Gbps.
Its just a inferior option when both are almost the same price.

Gotta account for a possibility of some retard running it in a case without any airflow at all.

But I agree, cooling 15 watts passively was never impossible.

How does x570 entry level boards compare to x470 high end ones?

BUT I WANT TO SHOW IT OFF

Attached: zoom.gif (350x409, 437K)

How come there's 0 information about the MSI X570-A PRO? I think maybe it only exists in third world countries like mine.

Attached: 570APRO.png (1024x820, 844K)

That's not good looking

Oh that's good to know thanks for the explanation.

Posting from the 3700x with OP's motherboard, AMA.

Since mid 00s

Attached: EVGA_132_YW_E178_A1_nForce_780i_SLI_FTW_582295.jpg (500x500, 40K)

back in the day lots of higher end p975x motherboards had 40mm fans in the nb, and nobody cared. you could replace them easily, though.

>HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

You use the bios for maybe a few hours getting your OC right and after that you never look at it again IDGAF about it what so ever as long as it works.

gigabyte also makes an x570 board with no chipset fan

Attached: 201905241526390587444fa7ee0b3ca166bd9307bee93336_big.png (1000x1000, 337K)

>Since mid 00s
Not him, but I never really like those chipset fans. Those little things would almost always squeal after 6 months of collecting dust. I either had to pop the thing off, clean it, lube it, put it back on only to act up again or get an aftermarket passive heatsink (which wasn't unusual for the early/mid 00's)

Attached: 1459555702816.jpg (376x365, 35K)

name?

The whopping 4 sata ports and lack of PS/2 kills this board for me

X570 Aorus Xtreme

Looks like a piece of shit

>still using PS/2 in 2019

user, I...

There's also the fact that a motherboard lasts a lot longer than it did then. My Athlon Thunderbird ran on an Abit KR-7A KT266 board back in like 2002. It had a chipset fan. But back then a two or three year old motherboard was getting seriously obsolescent, you'd be two generations of CPUs beyond it. Today you pretty much expect at least five years, and since performance isn't going up nearly so fast it's no longer outlandish to see people on Sandy Bridge, Nehalem, and even Core 2s. Nobody in 2002 was using an 80486 from 1992 for much of anything.

And, like you mention, it was a standard-sized 40mm. You could unscrew it and oil the bearing, or replace it. Or easily replace the whole chipset sink. None of those are the case anymore.

>$700
>out of stock
damn nigga I think I can handle a small fan for $500.

I wouldn’t even cry over the missing PS/2 port if they instead had 4 USB near the top of the IO instead of just 2
If you’re gonna take away a port, use the freed space to add something else

WHIIIR

I wouldn't be surprised if AMD made it mandatory for motherboard manufacturers to include chipset fans. The only motherboards I've seen without them are one workstation board and a watercooled one.

The Asus WS board actually does have a fan, it's Gigabyte's top gaymen board that uses a passive heatsink with a heatpipe running to the main fin stack.

I was looking at this board. It just isn't for me.
I have to roll out with MSI on this one. I'm gonna be grabbing the X570 godlike because I want 10G lan.

Attached: 49-prisonisland-088.jpg (640x480, 54K)

is that a fan?
AHHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Only X509 motherboard without fan costs $700
why yes, it is a fan. Enthusiast motherboards have had fans for the past 10+ years.
>PCIE 3.0 x16: 15.75 GB/s
>PCIE 4.0 x16: 31.51 GB/s
Did you know electricity generates heat? The more you know!

why would I want pci4? what does it give me? just more ports?

It's twice as fast as PCIe 3. That doesn't matter much for current GPUs or other cards because they don't even use the full PCIe 3 bandwidth.

The most useful thing about PCIe 4 is the link between the chipset and the CPU gets faster, so if you're using chipset lanes + SATA + USB + Ethernet at the same time, you're less likely to saturate that link.

At this point PCIe 4 is more for futureproofing.

6GB/s read/write speeds. Otherwise? Not much.

Has nothing to do with amd
it's because of PCIe 4 dipshit

neither of my enthusiast board have fans built-in

and both of them are intel cause I'm a retard.

The boards are antisemitic.

The fans are actually multiple swastikas melded together

I had to buy the Gigabyte Pro Wifi one because of house-wiring constraints, fucking expensive compared to MSI's and Asus' ones

>no mATX boards
t-thanks amd

If ATX is too big and all you need is a video card you might as well get ITX. If ITX is too small and you actually do need more expansion cards for something then you get ATX.

>It pulls ~14W absolute max
That'll put it over 100C in short order, unless you want the monstrosity that is some of the old chipset heatsinks.

The problem is that they need to keep the motherboards compatible with graphics cards, and we have, in general, larger graphics cards than we did back in the day.
You could put a decent heatsink on there, but it'd block one or both of the PCIe x16 slots for high end graphics cards. You could try heatpipe it up around the m.2 slot and shove the heatsinks up there, or even in the space the m.2 slot is in, though that is prime real estate for the m.2.

The problem is that you can save space by actively cooling it, whereas before we were at the point where you could keep the chipset cool enough in less space than an active cooler would take.

Oh i see, they heatpinked it all the way up to above the CPU and added it to VRM cooling.

Realtek uses closed firmware blobs that need to be loaded in a kernel module.

Slows down the LAN to 600-700mbps tops and opens a security weakness.

Get a board with qualcomm or intel NIC since they provide kernel code upstream which loads in the peripheral at boot or they have open firmware.

Realtek is fine for the soundcard because in Linux all soundcards use the same generic driver.

Realtek works fine on windows because microsoft has had business relations with them for decades.

When you use it on Linux/BSD/Hackintosh/Haiku ect they have to take that windows compatible binary blob and build a compatibility layer around it to communicate with it.

That's because Realtek doesn't release the source and the hardware is signed to that blob.

When you use qualcomm/intel ethernet they can either load a ROM image into their controller (provided by linux kernel) or their burned in firmware is open/standardized to not require a translation layer and load proprietary blobs in userspace.

Yes it works on distros like unbuntu but you are running a proprietary blob as a root process in userspace.

Do a little lsmod and see loaded modules.
Then check out htop and see that the process is running as root.

Lastly checkout the vrms program and he will tell you of other stuff you might be doing bad. ;)

The chipset doesn't need cooling, pcie4 requires cooling. There's a reason why all pcie4 nvme comes with their own heatsinks.

*crack* *sip* now this was a mobo

Attached: 61OeThvlGcL._SX425_.jpg (425x345, 57K)

Tossing up between this and the MSi Gaming Pro Carbon.

I like that MSi has built in 802.11ax and the fan is apparently better and has better audio and a better bios menu but I like that the Gigabyte is cheaper and looks better.

Attached: MPG-X570-GAMING-PRO-lrg.jpg (960x1918, 439K)

that looks like shit lol, get some taste

I used to be a giganigga for their price but they've failed me one too many times and i hear too much bad shit about their products and customer service

The only AMD board worth considering.

What CPU are you thinking of?
Me, I'm thinking of the MSI Pro Carbon for a 3900x. I like the board for the features you listed, I'm just interested to hear what the overclocking of the board is like (although it seems there's questions as to what the overclocking of the CPUs is like!).

Either the 3700x or the 3800x. I'm waiting for the bios update and 3800x benchmarks before I decide.

That VRM heatsink cools the chipset more than the VRM's themselves, as those are complete overkill and never get hot unless you are going for world records.

is that a fan?

question, do AM320M motherboards support dual channel memory?

>WRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Is it even possible to buy a mobo that isn't black and has a thousand LEDs these days?

No LED, color it yourself.

They didn't. There are boards without fans.

Why do so many modern motherboards not have the top PCI Express slot?

Why the fuck do all of them (even the high-end ones) have video outputs? There are like two APUs for AM4, namely 3200 and 3400G which are mid if not low end CPUs. Legit question, this makes no sense to me. Can someone explain?

I rather love this, I got for the extra RGB.

Attached: 2017101610211063_big.gif (600x600, 766K)

Room for air coolers/better M.2 placement
Coolers like the NH D15 will foul any card you place on that very top slot on most motherboards
Where that top slot is also happens to be a good place for an M.2 device since it isn’t buried under a GPU

Will AMD release a lower tier 500-series chipset? I really don't want a fan over the chipset.

the technology of PCIE 4.0 seems to require active cooling for cost efficiency
besides that, there doesn't seem to be a reason to make a new series of lower end motherboards

If the chipset has PCIe 4 it’ll also probably have a fan

>X570

youtube.com/watch?v=qk3PD-4zPN0

Attached: 15286988607140.png (714x810, 879K)

Pcie4 is a meme
zero use for it now.

quick rundown?

Orange man refused to sign a G-7 joint agreement

That sounds fucking retarded. If your subsystem requires cooling then you’re doing it wrong.

the video, fucko
i do not give a shit about anyone in the pic so long as I have the bing bing wahoo that goes longer harder and faster than
every other bing bing wahoo

It's PCIE 4.0

It's premature tech. No one needs Pcie4 lanes now. Most people will just use the new Ryzen chips with z470 anyway.