Why is desktop Linux so underdeveloped compared to it's server counterpart?

Why is desktop Linux so underdeveloped compared to it's server counterpart?

Attached: pussy destroyer.jpg (200x300, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stats.wikimedia.org/wikimedia/squids/SquidReportOperatingSystems.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because nobody can agree on a common standard for desktop & window manager UIs.

Made by engineers for engineers.

Nah most devs have basically settled with GNOME being the flagship.

Desktop users tend to be really fucking retarded. Writing software that is very dumbed-down for idiots and that holds their hand and protects them from their own stupidity is a really shitty task. No programmer wants to do it. But plenty will if you pay them enough. Microsoft and Apple can pay large numbers of devs to put up with shoveling this shit, Canonical and a couple of volunteer projects can't.

Also the type of people who are willing to write software for idiots tend to be much closer to idiots themselves. See: GNOME.

fuck off
xfce or gtfo

See what I mean? See

Of the top ten distros for desktop use on Distrowatch, only one uses Gnome as the default.

how do i copy his style

By having sex

>retards still think DW means literally anything

It does. Just because the numbers are soft doesn't mean it's not a good generalization.

economics

one pajeet or BR can gather up a few friends and move distros up hundreds of ranks or some e-celeb can post a link to distrowatch and the numbers will balloon

how did you do that?

Miyu is a qt

this
>being this retarded
stats.wikimedia.org/wikimedia/squids/SquidReportOperatingSystems.htm
this is an actual usage source retard
See how fedora and ubuntu are at the top by manifolds
>hurr durr just because small number doesnt mean is bad
fucking idiot, it's a very small sample to even think it's relevant.
not only that, the design is flawed since it counts clicks, CLICKS to the fucking page of the distro.
Anyone can click it because of curiosity, and anyone can spam the shit out of the distro they want.
Like pajeetro and mx linux or other meme distributions which are forks with a wallpaper

this, based namefag

Not true. Install a distro focus'd on desktop use.

Servers are used to make money, so they get plenty of attention from professionals. Desktop users less so.

>GNOME being the flagship
And it fucking shows. Ever since I stopped trying to be a snowflake with XFCE or KDE, 99% of my desktop Linux complaints ceased to exist.

I don't know why is so underdeveloped

Linux servers are used by every company on earth while desktop Linux is only used by programmers and neckbeards

>it's another microcomputer video

Attached: 1515641284934.jpg (640x610, 44K)

Because Gnome and KDE both suck sucks.

What exactly makes the desktop underdeveloped? The only thing I know is that compared to Windows, my Debian and arch installs never gave me the amount of crap that Windows did. Why are people so fixated on normalfag crap?
>g-games
SteamOS is literally based on Debian stable. Arch can run any game.

Thumbnails in the file picker