Linux Desktop/UI is shit

>Linux Desktop/UI is shit
>Mac/Aqua looks so good
>Hurr I am a gay faggot

Literally FREE Unix UI can be made to look like anything you want whether it is Windows 3.1, Windows 10, MacOS Mojave or Miyus butthole.

Non ironically the only thing stopping you is your own imagination.

Attached: mac.png (1920x1080, 741K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sourceforge.net/projects/mac4lin/
developer.apple.com/design/human-interface-guidelines/macos/overview/themes/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Thank you for this useful and informative post.

I want to nakadashi Kuro

No problem thanks for confirming that I destroyed your entire life hypothesis.

By any chance are you a homosexual or a Sub Saharan migrant?

But I also use KDE.

Attached: 80824665cf0e820508a62024942d070bace4041414e4c1457cc745451b694705.png (1133x1600, 1.86M)

if you're gonna copy OS X at least go for a version that looked good, not this new flat-with-blur-everywhere bullshit

how does she stay so thin eating like that

But your KDE will never look as good as mine. I developed some extensions and fixed some bugs that I won't share if I don't get payed.

I literally just said I didn't copy Aqua because I liked it but rather because all of you faggots like it so much.

And then in the next sentence I explicitly said that you can make it look like whatever oyu want whether it is Windows 3.1 or CERN private Linux. Point is that you can make it look like whatever and better

Lots of cardio.

I'm happy with how my KDE looks though, that's why I'm using it.

>she
Also its genetics. Some people can eat like mental retards 24/7 and won't get fat at all.

What's a good DE to make look like OSX, and where can I get themes to do so?

I believe you very much you are happy with it I just said you will not have certain features and visual features because I coded them myself.
Also KDE is a German group of people. What you mean is Plasma.

Are you retarded? You are aware the OP picture is literally a Linux DE that looks not only like Mojave but has some visual bugfixes that not even Catalina has?

how do i get her genetics

OP made his Linux DE replicate macos so good people don't even realise it is linux.

CRISPR and programming socks

what

Attached: 47feb992a1d1f7037964558208dd9d0a9a51f2583840b75d1b090bddbbea9114.jpg (1212x1961, 197K)

>her
Actually it's very simple. If you don't have the genetics you like just don't reproduce.

OP DE is KDE plasma which is resource heavy shit, at least it was last time I played around with KDE a few years ago

I don't want to put that shit anywhere near my PC

KDE started as the "Kool Desktop Environment," then just the "K Desktop Environment." Plasma is the desktop shell built for KDE to replace the KDE 3 interface.

take more girl pills, user

How could you ever ever in your life want to take Miyu over either Illya or Kuro?

How could you ever ever in your life want to take Illiya over Kuro?

Kwin takes up 80MB RAM, Plasmashell and Latte-Dock 100MB in the screenshot above. That is a total of 280MB with ALL visual effects enabled and maxed out. If you think 300MB for such a full featured fully visual effect DE you are just a Redhat shill.

Also you can run the same without Latte-Dock and Plasmashell (you will lose the Dock and topBar but still have all visual effects) and suddenly you are at 80MB TOTAL usage.

You were correct during the early days. Nowdays he is correct though, KDE is a registered group in Germany while Plasma is the actual DE.

>Qt
Kill yourself.

>pajeetOS

Attached: 1562311015145.png (709x869, 522K)

>valuing aesthetics over practicality in the first place
Well It takes me 20x the number of actions to type shit out in my shell rather than clicking, and I have to wait to access anything else I want since it's hiding in a dock/menu, but at least there's nothing blocking my epic ironic weeb loli desktop!

>t. Redhat/NSA developer
Tell me more how systemd is such a wonderful secure project.

Maybe should look at the screenshot or actually read the first two sentences. It is Gentoo with a custom made Plasma just to show what is all possible.

But UNIX is proprietary it isn't free.

>FREE Unix UI can be made to look like anything you want
>Hurr the MacOS UI is so bad

Are you retarded by any chance?

Ok sorry Unix-like. Happy now Mongolian man?
Do you know the girls in the picture? At least one of them seems to be Mongolian.

Do you have the KDE theme from that pic?

It is just the usual Plasma themes. I coded the relevant stuff myself which is why you won't find it anywhere else. Buy a Mojave skin from me just 60$

>can be anything you want
>Non ironically the only thing stopping you is your own imagination.
I'm not a graphics designer I know what I want but I don't have the time or digital art talent to create it.
Out of the box most shit blows on linux including improper font rendering that is not correctly alpha blended with sRGB gamma etc....

Wait really? Sorry I haven't used KDE in a few years, and last time I used it it was fucking hot garbage. Where can I get the theme OPs using?

I'll buy a handjob from you for $20, do you live in the NYC?

See
>I know what I want but I don't have the time or digital art talent to create it.
I completely agree and will not try to argue it. I had some free time in the last weeks and just did this for fun.

>Out of the box most shit blows on linux including improper font rendering that is not correctly alpha blended with sRGB gamma etc....
Depends on the distro honestly since many distros really terribly fuck up fonts. I changed some font settings but I personally think the font rendering is beyond wonderful now for me.

55$

your hands better be fucking beautiful if you're charging $55 for em, god damn

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.08M)

>>How could you ever ever in your life want to take Miyu over either Illya or Kuro?
But I want to Nakadashi Kuro.

Attached: 4bb72d18b111bd5955de4f6e4a1dec6000f91ad2ae2de5c189664b95b6c7750a.jpg (816x977, 79K)

I meant "How could you take anyone over Miyu"
Kuro is a black person she is a literal slut.

Send me 55$ and you'll get addicted.

kuro is delicious tanned illya with strawberry hair

Attached: 1548848506953.webm (1778x1000, 2.88M)

Ehm.... ok... do you have more??
Not that I would ever watch those videos. I am asking to get a psychological profile of you.

Also desu I don't like tanned.

Just watch the anime.

I would never watch such an obscene thing.

is this video allowed here since it's interracial tranny hentai?

lolis are trannies now?

Attached: J3xzfH.jpg (1152x1536, 534K)

Nice terminal and browser. Now, open your system settings or any other gui application and lets see how it looks.

loli is not mutually exclusive with tranny, frienderino. try taking grammar class again, better luck next time

ok, keep renting free.

What do you mean? Konsole is a Qt app and Firefox a GTK one yet both have all effects applied as you can see from the screenshot. Whether you use systemsettings5 or gnome-control-panel or your own (for example example) Electron based one it doesn't matter.

You probably are a Deepin/Elementary user.

Oh yes, I realized you manually hacked those apps to look good with your setup. Now open something else and lets see how beautiful and consistent it all is, just like osx.

>manually hacked those apps
Not OP but I highly doubt anyone is as retarded as to implement each effect per application especially if it's Qt and GTK. If he was just hacking certain apps he certainly would have shown Chrome instead of Firefox which is a GTK app. This just would increase the work for him.

Why are Linuxtards like OP always pretending like if they on the spot can somehow reorganize UI flow and widgets, and change all aspects of compositing for all the shitty Linuxtard application software and utilities to "make it look like OS[anything]"?

You realize that there are more than the chosen graphics and font to the GUI, right?

Adding macOS bitmaps to LibreOffice or GIMP doesn't make them less shit.

Well I just ask because I noticed that the window buttons appear to be different sizes between the terminal and firefox window... pretty odd and inconsistent if you ask me.

Want to see all the applications ever installed on my system? Top right is mpv.

Like how the fuck can you be that butthurt over a free system implementing the same design as macos just better? Is your own life that miserable ??

Attached: copingThatMuch.png (1920x1080, 1.93M)

System Monitor's UI looks broken. Can you fix it?

Ok so you spotted something I didn't. You are aware Qt and GTK are different toolkits and as thus use different styles? I did not notice it but I can just go into gtk.css adjus the spacing and now you are happy? Fucking retarded autists.

>What is a UI widget theme
>Plasma has better font anti aliasing than MacOS catalina

I really don't get it. It's always only the Mac fags that have no clue about computing that are this tryhard.

>no window shadow on GTK application with clientside window decorations
AHAHAHAHA quality kwin compositing right there
>no combined header bar on qt apps
JUST LIKE OSX AM I RIGHT
>absolute lack of padding on the system monitor's content view
PFFFFF

Linuxtards are absolutely fucking pathetic jesus christ

Attached: file.png (729x566, 1.03M)

>I realized you manually hacked those apps to look good with your setup.
Not him but are you fucking retarded? I doubt anyone sane would do this huge amount of work just for a fucking screenshot. Making all the effects apply for all windows is way way easier than for each window itself you are aware?

>perfect consistency
AAAAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: file.png (134x75, 14K)

>beautiful linux subpixel antialiasing
OP I really really hope your monitor has some kind of vertical subpixel layout or your shit is SO fucked dude

Attached: file.png (274x34, 3K)

>>What is a UI widget theme
>>theme

Should I repeat myself:
>Adding macOS bitmaps to LibreOffice or GIMP doesn't make them less shit.

What is layout, flow and compositing? What is consistency?

that looks pretty damn good.

>a UI toolkit with no concept of a symbolic icon, so you end up with bullshit like this
jesus christ what a joke
look at that contrast!
Those things don't even recolor themselves to stand out against that dark ass background! At least gtk3 got that right. You can at least actually see the icons on that gtk window, though of course they're completely inconsistent with the qt app's icons.

Attached: file.png (107x37, 4K)

Linux
Desktop
UI
Is
A
Joke

Fellas, remember that there's a good reason these ricers only post screenshots showing a terminal and a browser. As soon as you launch any other application at all, the illusion crumbles and it's painfully obvious how broken it is to the very core.

Attached: 1536080536940.jpg (225x225, 6K)

>no window shadow on GTK application with clientside window decorations
I explicitly disabled Kwin effects for GTK windows since I was trying out stuff see picture everything enabled again. but "HAHAHAHA" yes.
>no combined header bar on qt apps
I hate it with a passion. If you like it so much use GTK exclusively. As you see from pic related it is supported with all visual effects and looks even better than Macos apps (I used Yosemite up to High Sierra daily)
>absolute lack of padding on the system monitor's content view
Hurr I dont like what someone else likes. You know padding (and literally every single property) is configurable? That's the sole reason why Linux will always be superior. If you don't care about configurability (ie you need to be baby'd) then yes I agree MacOS is the best for you

Any other complaint in your miserable life?

Attached: copeHarder.png (1920x1080, 1.78M)

This is caused by GTK. I don't use GTK applications as thus I never noticed nor botherted to look into it.

So what? You are aware the traffic buttons are manually configurable on Linux? You can make them look like whatever you want? I hate the empty gray buttons this is way better. I did not bother to manipulate the gtk variant since I really don't care that much. But obviously "HURR THE BUTTONS LOOK DIFFERENT IT IS DOGHSIT I WANT TO SUCK STEVE JOBS ARAB COCK".

What is
>layout
Elaborate
>Flow
Elaborate
>Compositing
Is better under Linux with KDE now than on MacOS (at least for modern Nvidia cards). I am dead serious look it up yourself. But obviously you won't believe it.

>A singular icon from an icon theme pulled from the internet made by some random dude has a random icon that doesn't fit
>HURR HAHAHAHHA SUCH A JOKE CHRIST HAHAHAH

Right that's why and

then why is it visible on the plasma panel too?

Attached: file.png (215x45, 12K)

Yeah the icons don't fit because they'll never fit because some of them are in flat "symbolic" style and the others are in full color "application" style, and qt apps use them interchangeably because there's no separate symbolic icon set. They still have not made any attempt to remedy this, ever, and it's a problem with every single icon pack ever made.

>linux users have to manually modify the layout metrics of the applications they use just to make them look halfway acceptable
quality craftsmanship right here

Wow. Just wow. I followd this thread and I am at loss for words.

I am using osx since the early lions days up till now. In OPs screenshots there are mistakes that give it away yes.

But the intensity with your guys reaction compared to OP presenting his OSX clone rather shows you all to be insecure.

OP you did a great job don't listen to those retads that are butthurt because they are poor and realize all their money that went into Macbooks and OSX was wasted.

I don't even own a mac, I'm just really tired of linux users saying that they can make their operating system look juuuust like osx or windows or whatever the fuck else when the best they can ever manage is some half broken hacked together custom theme jank.

I don't know what you mean it looks very beautiful for me. I have a Macbook with Mojave running side by side and the Plasma panel text looks way way better.

Ok so what now? You want to tell me a singular icon in an app that I personally never use being wrong makes anything different? Like how much do you guys need to cope?

>have to manually modify
Or you stop caring what others want. That's why I won't change the Firefox titlebar even though it literally is just editing 1 line in a very small file because I do not care and it looks good enough for me (even with Mojave running side by side). Sorry i am not that autistic as you and doing something in my free time.

I have a feeling you all idiots are coping that much because I did this all on my own in my free time while you poor faggots payed thousands of bucks (which is nothing but evidently lots of money for you poorfags).

i use Linux, but the endless mistakes in OP's setup are pathetic and funny.

it's bullshit to claim that Linux outside of GTK+3 guidelines has consistent and good UI design.

OP is not joking sourceforge.net/projects/mac4lin/

Attached: lmao is xfce.jpg (640x400, 43K)

So you do not own a mac but say his thing is half broken shit. I own a Macbook and I personally think it is very convincing. That certainly makes sense.

Maybe our difference is that I could burn 2000$ which is why I do not feel personally attacked by someone replicating stuff that I bought for money.

>colors based on
>CMYK
fucking why?

OP here.

Tbh it's funny. I am a single person replicating this for fun. People are so desperate that they need to point out 2px paddings and a singular icon being off. That proves how good my imitation already is that is more than enough for me.

compatibilty. That's what I like as much as I hate it about Qt.

Spending time fucking around with ricing is tedious, just installed Deepin Manjaro with a macOS theme to match my Macbook and I'm gucci.
Best looking distro by far.

Attached: 1540074999662.png (2560x1080, 1.3M)

You can also make it look like Windows 10, if that's your thing I guess.

Attached: 1541759668857.png (2560x1080, 1.37M)

No, the problem is that the icon thing extends to every single kde suite app, and every Qt application made for kde in general and it's infuriating to look at. For some reason, kde users just don't seem to notice it even though it's extremely blatant and hideous.

You do realize you can run osx on any computer with compatible hardware, right?

Just that Deepin can't blur anything apart Deepin applications nor can it apply rounded corners on anything apart Deepin/GTK3-CSD applications.

Also Kwin has infinitely more effects that can be invidually toggled.

>Spending time fucking around with ricing is tedious,
This I agree with which is why I did all this the last weeks since I was free.

I just checked Dolphin and it does not have any issues. It is just this singular specific Icon since it is taking from another Icon set since my currently selected one does not have it.
>inb4 hurr screenshot i dont believe you lier hurr macos is invincinble I love Steve Jobs big arab cock

>You do realize you can run osx on any computer with compatible hardware, right?
Yes I do and I have a Macbook with Mojave right beside me but I'd rather off myself then use Macos. It's worse of a kiddie os than Windows and Windows is already a toddlers os.

If Linux is so powerful I bet you can implement all the resources and can replicate all the behaviors outlined in this document
developer.apple.com/design/human-interface-guidelines/macos/overview/themes/

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you guys are referring to as KDE, is in fact, Plasma, or as I've recently taken to calling it, KDE Plasma. KDE is not a desktop environment but rather an international free software community that develops Free and Open Source based software. Many computer users run a version of Plasma every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of Plasma which is widely used today is often called “KDE”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the Plasma desktop environment, developed by the KDE community.

pape please

Not OP but are you trying to be funny? Do you even know what a HIG is or how it is used in the sector? Do you thinka HIG, a visual design system, has anything to do with the actual OS?

Seeing from my usage the hardest thing would probably be the content blur and seeing OPs screenshot that should be more than trivial to implement (assuming the Blur effect isn't faked which I doubt since I heard Plasma got a blur effect).

>being this retarded

That looks like shit desu

Just like actual MacOS, I agree.

>Can an OS implement a Human Interface Guideline
imagine being this detached from technology

He's just a jew trying to make money with the whole
>hur dur i fixed shit on a theme no one cares about gibe muney or I won't release it
Probably a fuckin br too.

Attached: 1535289253005.jpg (5120x2880, 2.5M)

Wow it totally doesn't look like a cheap chinese knock-off.

I agree, it rather looks like the result was a very good MacOS clone. I would be more surprised if OP got everything correct desu.

OP it looks very good ignore those idiots. Those are probably all poorfags who are just butthurt you got for free what they payed for with their wage cuck jobs.

I thought over a weekend I could make a carbon-copy of another OS shell with the power of Free and Open Source Software, so I would not have to pay 2000$ to Apple and live in a proprietary prison run by a nigger. Linux can be made just like any other OS after all. Program interfaces are just DeviantArt themes, right?

thanks she is cute

No one likes your shit rice attempt, OP