Rust is not for brainlets

>Brand new syntax
>C++ replacement
>Systems programming out of the box
>Has a lot of depth to it
>You're protected from common mistakes
>Community that respects your life choices
And yet Jow Forums hates it because a tranny used it once.

Attached: 1024px-Rust_programming_language_black_logo.svg.png (1024x1024, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

flak.tedunangst.com/post/heartbleed-in-rust
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

here we go again

>language that holds your dick straight
No thanks.

Attached: 1561393763362.jpg (297x297, 40K)

>Not for brainlets

Attached: jelly-brainlet-31527048.png (500x566, 35K)

As usual the only bad thing you have to say about rust is pointing out the trannies in the community.

dilate

my coworkers are too retarded to learn this. sorry

But is it as fast as c++?

Never heard of it.
I might check it out.
Nothing will replace C++, does not mean I can't learn it though.

Attached: useless handgun.jpg (540x960, 57K)

Faster

>>>You're protected from common mistakes
*dumb webdevs have their hands held like the stupid javascript codemonkies they are
fuck off moron
get the fuck out of native development
if """safety""" and lifetime management is something you find difficult, just fucking kill yourself

No C++ programmer will use this crap

I'll learn it right away when my boss tells me we need Rust

>if """safety""" and lifetime management is something you find difficult, just fucking kill yourself
I often hear this argument, but I also often hear news about CVEs which is possible due to memory management mistakes.

Maybe employers and repo maintainers should fucking learn to exercise some digression instead of just literally accept ever dumbass pahjeet who thinks they can just contribute to everything.
Or better yet, how about better hiring standards, hmm?

You have to be literally mentally retarded to cause the issues there idiots cause, and yet you stupid rust shills seem to think empowering even more retards is a good idea.
The end all be all is that stupid people do not deserve money, and do not deserve access to /comfy/ native dev.

No it isn't.

>>Brand new syntax
lolwut? the only syntax which isn't familiar is lifetimes, and they're fucking disgusting. Everything else is standard C derivative stuff.

yeah ok grandpa

>You have to be literally mentally retarded to cause the issues there idiots cause, and yet you stupid rust shills seem to think empowering even more retards is a good idea.
>The end all be all is that stupid people do not deserve money, and do not deserve access to /comfy/ native dev.
This is the absolute truth

So you are native dev who thinks he is smarter than everyone and who is afraid for his job? Sucks to be you.

Attached: smug-cat-ripped-tissue-cats-1275343785c.jpg (800x600, 141K)

I know I am smart than every dumbass webdev, aka, the people rust is made for.
That's not that much of an achievement, of course.
Even amateur python programmers are better than webdevs.

>it's a language for brainlets!
>but if it's too hard for you you should kill yourself
What are you even trying to say?
Safety rules of Rust is not something that makes it easier to write in it, it's the exact opposite moron. No code monkey will ever be able to learn it, nor they have to.

Rust is one of harder languages to learn, especially if you have no experience in functional and systems programming. But it rewards you with safety and performance.

Jeez, how much insecure can you get?

This. Rusf doesn't hold your hand, it forces you to prove to the compiler that your code is good.

Being mad because it won't allow you to alias an untrusted char * to a packed struct makes you a terrible programmer bound to make stupid mistakes that result in security holes. Fucking with raw pointers isn't smart, it's clever for its own sake and whoops now everything is fragile.

yeah trannies are bad

imagine being this insecure

>This. Rusf doesn't hold your hand, it forces you to prove to the compiler that your code is good.
rustlets are too retarded to use a language with real dependent typing

shut the fuck up fucking lgbt

>complaining about trannies
>on a forum about programming socks and dragon dildos

Who gives a flying fuck if some mentally deranged homo used it, and why is it being constantly brought up? No one gives a fuck if faggots use it, and no one cares if faggots use it
Faggots breath air as well, are we going to stop breathing air as well?

Attached: You are a faggot.gif (238x253, 2.64M)

Hoes mad

Rust memory management is harder because you have to find a simple implicit way of defining it. This is probably why some people find it restrictive but in the long run it pays off with more code reusability. Also there is no reason why better tools would make less intelligent, unlike the shitshow that is Jow Forums. You don't have to get mad over it.

tell that to heartbleed and all the other 9001 CVEs that would've been prevented. "we don't need good security tools, we just need people to write perfect code!" said nobody in the real world.

Attached: 1560920409610.jpg (600x567, 53K)

Just lol if you don't think that's a common stance in the real world. Remember when gpg gave out garbage data and exited ok with obviously forged signatures? They said "get gud". Openssl has as many footguns as kloc and their response to the request that they depreciate the dangerous primatives? Also get gud.
The entirety of string.h is based on the retarded idea of a magic end of file byte but we can't mark every program using the api as insecure for reasons, so the cves keep piling up.
get gud
> immediately writes a "clever" bit of code that makes a massive security vulnerability

Rust doesn't even do that. Rust has a retarded "sufficient but unnecessary" restriction that invalidates perfectly valid and safe code.

Possibly safe, not provably safe. There's a difference and the acronym for it is CVE.

No you retard, it will definitely invalidate perfectly valid and safe code, including PROVABLY safe code.
Another Rust homosexual doesn't know about formal proving software.

You will never be a woman.

>an attempt at trolling
Zero humans are involved in its usage or development. I'm only interested in things made by people, there's no people using rust.

4chains can't into programming let alone rust. So they shit on everything that isn't top tier autism. Jow Forums has never had a job or held a girls hand and you fags want to take advice from Jow Forums

>Jow Forums has never had a job or held a girls hand and you fags want to take advice from Jow Forums
Whoever uses Rust has done none of these things.

I'm a normie by your standards and I use rust

If you had a job in the field, you would know that most employers do not give a flying fuck about CVEs or even basic quality standards. And that a dev who spends his time producing quality work will get fucked over for not finishing before the end of the sprint.

A person would have some insight and a little empathy for these guys, then there's you and your projections about unrelated things lacking in your personal life. You're a good example of the type of thing involved with rust, no human qualities and extremely inept about everything.

Then what are you doing here Tranny.

Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies.

Rust is certainly not for brainlets, it takes years of programming in c/c++ and understanding lots of things (e.g. memory and type safety, OOP, FP, metaprogramming, concurrency, etc..) in order to appreciate Rust

You can't be serious dude

wtf are you talking about? Jow Forums is obviously full of NEETs and no, I don't have any empathy for you fags, you shit on everything and anything. You don't consider that there are reasons why certain languages exist and what niches they're trying to fit into.

Anything not C/C++ immediately == shit in the eyes of the unemployed here on Jow Forums that constantly posture to try and make themselves into more than what they are.

>inb4: you're on here
I'm on here because I'm fucking stuck on this stupid site.

what is a sane person with a job doing in Jow Forums? you brought it upon yourself

you must be gnu here

>C++ replacement
lel ur funny

>Rust is not for brainlets
and
in one post

if this shitty board used an IQ problem instead of their shitty recaptcha you wouldn't have been able to post even once

>I'm on here because I'm fucking stuck on this stupid site.
Jump out of your office building.

Attached: glow in the dark.jpg (570x856, 66K)

I don't work in an office building

Rust is hard to learn but it rewards you with safety of you managed to do it. Safety comes from strict rules and it does not think for you.

>Imagine being a waggie caggie shill that have to put up whit 4chins shenanigans
>While explaining to hes balding boomer manager
>What the fuck happened today

Attached: 1248582168540.png (450x450, 14K)

You're trying too hard m8

Honestly, I don't see the big deal here. If you really are an experienced systems programmer then you should have no problem learning how to write code that appeases the borrow checker, it's all details that you would need to handle manually in another language anyway, except this time those issues are made loud and clear for you.
At the very least, it has a better type system than either of those languages.

>>Rust is not for brainlets
>and
>>You're protected from common mistakes
>in one post
Smart people still make mistakes, and the notion "I'm too clever to fuck up" is the worst sin in programming.

Pro tip: it's just Jow Forumstards, few brainlets and one mad C++ developers who shit at Rust.
Real systems programmers(eg Carmack) appreciate it or simply didn't had a chance/need to learn it.

it's not, because of forced copies and allocations

Rust do not force copies and allocations.

Dude its already dead in the water with a community like this.

Not even Jow Forums is like this.

Attached: absulote state of Rust.png (1080x1920, 278K)

ostensibly optional but necessary is equivalent to forced

>make everything immutable
>make structural sharing impossible because muh no GC
>expect to program without more clones and allocations
really nigga?

>with a community like this
okay point out what's actually wrong in that picture
and don't rely on a purely emotional disgust reactions like 'they're lgbts' or 'they told me not to use trigger' or 'they used the word bigot', use your words and logic

Cause these type of people made even Linus run from hes own project.
Its infected by SJW's.

That CoC debacle.
Even the Rust creator said
>current software development practices terrify me

I can see it from a miles away its already.
Call me shit, but lets wait and ill promise you these people will drag Rust to the ground.

Not that user, but that
>please refrain from using the phrase "trigger" outside of a technical or mental health context
word police bullshit annoys me. Everything else seems pretty reasonable though.

>rustrannies desperately shilling their gaylang
if it was useful people would use it!

>Cause these type of people made even Linus run from hes own project.
Do you have a source for that? Because as far as I can tell, that's Jow Forumsgarbage mythology.

>That CoC debacle.
Which? Because every CoC "debacle" I know of was a small handful of people shouting at each other over nothing. Half of the CoC's people have cried about weren't any stricter than Jow Forums's rules.

>Even the Rust creator said
>>current software development practices terrify me
What's wrong with that? The idea that we don't really understand how to do software development well (outside of individuals and tiny teams) is pretty widespread.

>Call me shit, but lets wait and ill promise you these people will drag Rust to the ground.
How? So far they've done a pretty good job on the technical side of things. And even if the official community bugs people, there's still plenty of other groups talking about Rust.

>random Discord retards
>meaning anything
If you really have to interact with the community, just use IRC.

It's only necessary if you are doing it wrong.
I wrote fractal renderer and raytracer in rust which heavily relies on parallelization and the literally the only time I clone something is when I pass an Arc to thread, ie smart pointers.

>>make everything immutable
>>make structural sharing impossible because muh no GC
Just don't make shit immutable if you want to mutate it?
Also use Arc for sharing structs between threads?

>made even Linus run from hes own project
or he's getting older and tired and wants to spend time with his family and/or doesn't want his whole life to be one piece of work?

>That CoC debacle.
Jow Forums was the only place I ever even heard anything about it. Everywhere else it's a non-issue, otherwise projects wouldn't have adopted it so willingly, because most people don't take issue with 'don't be racist'.

>current software development practices terrify me
the context of that quote was on software safety, which should be obvious given it's graydon hoare, talking about Rust (now you know his name too)

>word police bullshit annoys me
to each their own on their own but in a professional environment or any public space with public effort consideration of your fellow human being should at least be a primary concern

Have you considered learning how Rust works before spreading nonsense about it? Why are you even posting here?

what part of that was inaccurate?

>>make structural sharing impossible because muh no GC
Do you even know what a reference is?

>Do you even know what a reference is?
something that, in Rust, you can have one mutable xor one shared copy of.

>one shared copy
Many shared copies, actually.
Care to explain how this makes structural sharing impossible?

m8 just use Rc, Arc, Mutex, RefCell or whatever combination you need.

>Many shared copies
semantics; you know what I meant

>dude just RC everything lmao
at that point you're better off with a GC since the cost is amortized

>C++
Stopped reading right there...
Stop shilling this abomination and kys tranny faggot.

>C++ replacement
Rust will never replace C++ as long as it enforces hand-holding instead of just letting you write correct code.

Attached: 1560889737027.gif (236x250, 1.47M)

>heartbleed
flak.tedunangst.com/post/heartbleed-in-rust

>x86 Assembly replacement
C will never replace x86 Assembly as long as it enforces hand-holding instead of just letting you write correct code.

>enforces hand-holding instead of just letting you write correct code
What does that even mean?

After they tried to me 2 him.
Guy was afraid to go into elevators with anything that looked remotly female.

>just letting you write correct code
You can do that in Rust too, you know, except it'll actually tell you when your code isn't correct.

>C will never replace x86 Assembly as long as it enforces hand-holding instead of just letting you write correct code.
And history repeats itself

rust will never replace C++ because trannies are

No it's not.
Reference counting of shared structs is faster than program-wide RC.

>instead of just letting you write correct code.
Except Rust requires you to write correct code or it won't compile at all.

>let's ignore all the (zero-cost) abstraction and just rewrite C code 1:1 cleverly dodging all security checks
>oh no it bleeds
>except it doesn't because that's not even how heartbleed works

do you think gc is program-wide rc?

I'm good with trannies but honestly it's nothing that adding -fsanitize to a Makefile or CI won't fix

>Except Rust requires you to write correct code
No, Rust requires you to write code that adheres to its memory model, which excludes correct code in many instances and includes INCORRECT BEHAVIOR excluding errors the memory model catches.
But you, go dilate or whatever.

>CoC debacle
>Jow Forums was the only place I ever even heard anything about it
DESU you must be in a hole. It has shaken up the entire open source world.

Typo. I meant program wide GC.

>excluding people from your programming language because you don't like their opinion
>okay point out what's actually wrong in that picture
Hahahahahaha you fucking autist

Attached: tenor-8.gif (456x320, 325K)

I like rust a lot, but the level of intelligence you need to program rust is the same as C++ / C / java. Or in otherwords, brainlets cant program in anything except python anyways.

I went from programming Rust on my own projects to programming Python in my part time job and holy shit doing anything in Python is a fucking minefield.
Many languages including C++ or Java protect the user from mistakes. Rust just goes a step further. But python is just horrible.
Another problem is that many people learn python as the first and only language so they never get to see the advantages of sane programming.