What was wrong with skeuomorphism again? So wrong that Tim Cuck fired Forstall, killed Auqa in Mac OS...

What was wrong with skeuomorphism again? So wrong that Tim Cuck fired Forstall, killed Auqa in Mac OS, Microsoft killed Aero in Windows, and even Google killed everything lagdroid had with Materials Design

Attached: Apple+Skeuomorphic+Designs.001.png (1000x750, 669K)

macOS still has skeuomorphism

Only brainlets need skeumorphism to separate controls from the rest of UI

It ran like crap with all the bloat they wanted to add, so they removed it to add it instead of fixing their shit.

its been slowly disappearing in more recent Mac OS's

no, it has been the same ever since Yosemite which is five years old.

This, also it started looking cheesy. I'm ok with the toned down version they started using later tho...

Some people don't like images alongside their data for the reason that it distracts them from their own imagination.

Think of a book: when you read a book, you want to see lines of text, and only children find a lack of pictures boring.
A book is not a comic, a graphic novel or a movie, it is a book.

Personally, I always found this line of reasoning odd though: start a prompt on any OS and you have zero UI, but if you wish for UI, you secretly wish for skeuomorphic images.

Imo, apple should have sticked to a more bauhaus-esque version of design, inspired by the same braunian principles of simplicity and functionality. But apple has to cater for the happy pride people, too - hence rainbow cheesecake UI.

Attached: poster1.png (1000x1313, 192K)

It looks like the cracker shit your granddaddy dreamed of since he was a blip of coagulated powdery liquid in your greatgrandmas whitewidevagina

It looks ugly as hell

some skeuomorphism is okay and allows a ui to leverage people's preconceptions about real world behaviors of physical objects, but apple swung too far into it then went pants-shitting retarded the other way with the same ugly flat ui shit that cucks love for some reason

- imagine being a single dev and having to redo every over-detailed asset for detail level of every resolution instead of focusing on functionality and fixing bugs
- good programmers generally are not ui/graphic designers. programmers generally cannot be trusted with making visual design assets and complicated interactions

some of the reasons why google made material design legos that you generally cannot fuck up. even the colors to combine are pre-picked.

It looks awful; it's a computer, not a simulator and there is zero design cohsesion. It's difficult to maintain (things aren't a matter of scaling SVGs for different screen sizes).
It was only introduced in the first place so that normies could gradually move away from physical looking devices. The complete disappearance of it was planned (by Apple, Google probably just copied what they were doing for the wrong reasons)

I just don't dig how everyone who gets told how flat, dull shit is mostly dumb goes straight to "what, you want skeuomorphism?"

There's a way of making shit look good without being obnoxiously detailed or obnoxiously simplistic. If you're going to handle tasks quickly however it's important to have icons and forms you can differentiate without looking at them directly. When someone shows me one of those android icon packs with the same color, same shape and just a few lines or dots inside that can distinguish elements, I think of that person as someone who doesn't value their time. The kind of autistic people here that have flat white icons over dark that barely look different from each other either have maybe 3 to 4 programs tops that they use frequently or seem to value more how their fucking screen looks than just doing things proper and quick.

UI means user interface. a text user interface is a UI. i don't want to take the time to reply to the rest of your post

It makes everything look even more like a children's toy than it already is by virtue of being a shitty phone app.

some people like matching sets of items, on the computer and real life. you have a point but any usefulness your post may have is cancelled out by the implication that you consider all people different from you mentally ill.

> the implication that you consider all people different from you mentally ill

I said nothing of the sort, which implicates that you are indeed mentally ill.

you don't know what the word "autistic" means. you don't know the meaning of the words you write. you're an idiot and not worth my time

You don't know what the word "all" means either. That's more of a problem.

skeuomorphism is comfy

Attached: 20190703234302_1.jpg (1920x1080, 640K)

>but if you wish for UI, you secretly wish for skeuomorphic images
this is why you will never get a job

Attached: 1434050531884.jpg (241x287, 18K)

i see a lot of text on that screen.

whatever. why don't you get in a time machine and go to 1933 germany and join the nazi's? oh that's right you can't because you don't have the brain power to invent a time machine. that's so sad, i'm so sorry

Seek mental help. Hurry!

i can tell you like to play with your own shit by the number of shitposts you make. don't reply to me by the way :^)

dilate

eat shit maggot

Attached: bryce_full.jpg (800x580, 46K)

ugly, bloated, and actually makes things less user firendly due to fucked metaphors and cognitive overload from garish, noisy interfaces.

simple is better (think gradients, chiseled peuedo3d of 90s gui, not flatshit that obscures the context)

art nouveau > art deco >>> bauhaus
thankfully we've moved on from the fucking industrial prison "modernism" going to retarded extremes pushed as 'minimalism'

>Flat design will never let memes like these to come about again
Every meme made about computers in flat design sucks.
Computers don't feel like computers anymore if you're using a GUI.
Either give me a simple design with lots of bordered boxes (like windows 9x and 8.1 w/ classic shell) or give me a design that actually looks like you hired one graphics designer at your company.
Fuck outta here with your non-bordered zoomer shit.
The difference between usable flat design and distracting zoomershit is the borders around objects, man. That's why 7 was so good. You can use aero and get the feeling you're using a glass-light OS, or you can use classic theme for the industrial "I get work done" badassery.

Attached: 1483226475565.jpg (1440x900, 441K)

I have never seen a tackier art style. Reminds me of those random programs you'd find installed on boomers' windows xp machines.

Depends. I like software or icons that might remind people of a similar real world feature, but what apple did with their leather bound calendar and contacts applications just looked cheesy.

Current OS X isn't that great either tho. There is less wood and leather, but contrast and discoverability is much worse due to their oversimplified redesign. Maybe I'm just being nostalgic, but I don't think apple will ever take OS X back to something beautiful and functional like 10.5 and 10.6. I don't feel any of the same enthusiasm anymore for OS X as I did back then. every new announcement from Apple is just another disappointment to me.

>7
>was
7 is as 7 was