Tor not truly private

Why do you use Tor when its proven the police monitor the exit nodes? Even if you're not using Tor for anything illegal, the feds know what you're looking at which defeats the whole point of deepweb privacy.

Attached: Screen-Shot-2014-06-09-at-3.43.40-PM.png (1035x668, 433K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.torproject.org/tips-running-exit-node.
youtu.be/QRYzre4bf7I
youtu.be/lVcbq_a5N9I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I have nothing to hide.

If everyone on Jow Forums operated an exit note the glowers would be eternally btfo

i have a lot to hide... but on this case i am not the criminal.....

>Why do you use Tor when its proven the police monitor the exit nodes?
> monitor exit nodes
based schizo poster from the land of retards.
> feds know what you're looking at
AHAHAHAHAHAHAH! OH YES, FAGGOT. the feds have magical abilities to remove layers of encryption! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhahAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. please, just do us all a favor and kill yourself, mr. FBI officer.

I use for for privacy. Not criminal shit. You scumfuck

its not even fucking hard or expensive either. just pick up a VPS from whatever fucking hosting, set up automatic updates, edit the torrc file like, one tiny bit, and done.

Sure, your exit node will eventually get nuked by the provider for abuse, but thats why you set up a few of them for fuck all money.

this thread: GLOWING IN THE DARK.
CIA/FBI/NSA = ETERNALLY BTFO YET AGAIN - BY THEIR OWN TOOLS!

you know you still have TLS between the exit node and the website you're viewing, right? (same with your path to the entry node)

There's plenty of exit nodes run by regular people but that's irrelevant. You should always assume exit nodes are listening when you use Tor which means no sending passwords or anything else unencrypted. So what if the exit node sees someone exiting Tor using https? Doesn't really matter if they see some guy sending encrypted data in and out.

Using Tor is fine. But you have to know how to use it right.

Are you an idiot?
>The feds know what you're looking
There's no way they'd know that unless they control every Tor node in a standard chain to the clearnet, this is next to impossible because Tor nodes are everywhere and that'd require them to monitor the entire internet.
In an onion link it's even harder because onion v3 addresses don't allow the directory servers(sort of like DNS servers) to know what content they're introducing. And the content is end-to-end encrypted because of the nature of the rednez-vous protocol.
>deepweb
You didn't even get the scary name that normies use to call the Tor network right. You're just a moron that knows nothing about Tor and are misleading people into thinking that it's compromised without a shred of evidence.

>Police know what you're looking at
>defeats the whole point of privacy on deepweb
Really makes you think

If you're a normal person, running a (non-exit) relay node is the best way to help the Tor network without getting into trouble.

They don't know who you are that's the whole point of onion routing. The guard node knows who you are but not what you are looking at and the exit knows what you are looking at but not who you are. And there are also hidden services which don't use exit nodes.

I am.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-08 Aggregated stats - Grafana.png (1556x240, 64K)

>AHAHAHAHAHAHAH! OH YES, FAGGOT. the feds have magical abilities to remove layers of encryption!

Not the guy youre replying to, but its not that far fetched when you realize an independent research company was able to crack ~700ish bit encryption YEARS ago and most places are still using 512 or lower.

Tor have 3 layers. If police controlled only exit node it still lacks two components

>You didn't even get the scary name that normies use to call the Tor network right. You're just a moron that knows nothing about Tor and are misleading people into thinking that it's compromised without a shred of evidence.
it's just your average Jow Forums police/fbi shitposting to try and discourage people from using a tool they will never be able to crack. it makes their vaginas dry. they can all kill themselves.

>700ish bit encryption
RSA encryption
>most places are still using 512 or lower.
Nobody uses RSA 512 and nobody has used it for years.

fpbp

Attached: 1491471550053.jpg (1024x576, 51K)

Does it really helps if my internet is being periodicly shut down?

You can rent a VPS.

Don't run an exit from home. You will be blocked from quite a lot of sites and there is a low chance that you are getting visited by the police. Everyone who thinks about running an exit relay should read blog.torproject.org/tips-running-exit-node. You can still run a non exit relay without all those troubles from home.

He was replying to a comment about running non-exit relays...

Intel and Firefox are full with a bunch of backdoors, but criminals get caught via honeypot sites. Most of them are retards too, they install the Windows version of the TOR browser. The TOR network itself is sufficiently encrypted, so public wifi, TAILS, disposable laptop without a hdd is good enough for all sorts of things.
Obviously only educational purposes for hypothetical situations.

Nice try glownigger, I only use exit nodes located in secure countries.

Like said, i planned on running a non-exit relay. I just afraid that my periodicly unstable connenction (and need to turn computer off) will do more harm than good.

Has more than that.

I use Tor to keep Google from violating my privacy.

its for hiding from google, not the fbi

>TAILS
?

use HEADS

flawed logic lulz

>I am [operating exit node]
Isn't that bit dangerous? I mean, who know what kind of shit is exiting your computer?

What kinds of precautions you make? I was thinking about hosting one too, but i apart from being technologically incompetent, i am quite afraid of attracting attention when someone will download CP through my address.

this desu

>disposable laptop without a hdd
why ?

I2P is completely dead despite it's popularity five years ago. I haven't heard of any issues related to it's security in that time frame but all of a sudden all those illicit sites have dried up. It's almost as if ((someone)) has pulled the plug on the project. That's pure speculation but it's definitely odd.

>Tor
No thanks, i am not pedophil

>Most of them are retards too, they install the Windows version of the TOR browser.
nothing wrong with the windows version of tor, you tech illiterate spastic.

Maybe not but you're also running it on an operating system that complies with the US government's surveillance systems. That much has been confirmed without a doubt. Whether or not it's keylogging you or phoning home isn't something you want to worry about when you're browsing privately. That doesn't even take into account the fact that it's objectively the most vulnerable operating system to malware.

i2p is very much alive but it's not easy to find things. a lot of stuff is purposely hidden from casual users.

>exit nodes
Brainlet.
The real power is only going on onion sites

why ?
t. retard

> he thinks everyone is as tech illiterate as himself, unable to defend their windows machines against big brother and the eternal street shitting faggots at microshit
were you introduced to computing yesterday? this news (to me) is as old as time itself. we're talking about a company whos main employee base are street shitting illiterates from India and a US agency that let arabs fly two passenger jets into fucking skyscrapers. you have too much confidence in DRIBBLING FUCKING SPASTICS.

youtu.be/QRYzre4bf7I
youtu.be/lVcbq_a5N9I
Computerphile has an excellent couple of videos on onion routing and hidden services.

Take your fucking meds. I'm just saying that in the event that you're living in a surveillance state which is actively seeking to arrest you, you should take adequate precautions to avoid such an instance from occuring. I'd would be foolish to just assume that they're too incompetent or too lazy to arrest you. It's better to assume the worst than to hope for the best in these sorts of situations.

LE has no limit to their budget. They can get a hold of enough compute servers to possess greater than 50% of exit nodes and piece together network traffic. Try reading some research papers you fucking edge lord.

Extremely interesting, thanks for sharing user

exit nodes are irrelevant. Only thing that matters is if they own your entrance node AND exit node.

what, no
this
a relay will just send encrypted data from point a to point b, nothing else.

Seems like a huge pain in the ass actually. A lot easier to just run a relay.

it won't, that's how tor works. That's why connections drop and randomly it changes etc
That's perfectly fine and how it all works. The more the better. To be honest they should build in relaying into the browser or is it already setup that way? The more people who do it, the faster all of tor is.

Qubes + Whonix >>>>> Tails

bump

Did you create this bait thread just to get attention and insults? Your life must be very miserable.

Just watched these a few days ago, good channel in general.

If journalists dissidenters in shitholes countries are using tor, then it's secure.

calm down nigger I'm not OP

It's pretty good for shit tier countries where the police hasn't caught up with the currect technologies. You can still get away

Accessing Tor hidden services doesn't use an exit node, and just because the feds see the traffic through the exit nodes doesn't mean they don't know where it originated. As far as I know, there is no evidence that anyone has ever been successfully deanonymized by exploiting the Tor network directly. It's always JavaScript and social engineering.

>monitoring the exit node somehow reveals me
topkek opie. topkek.

what the fuck else is on tor except for dead websites and some cp forums or some shit
its pointless, just let it die

>the exit nodes
btw i dont use them if u only browse onions no way to get your traffic into exit relays moron