Hey guy! Can anyone please suggest on a decent video to .webm converter?

hey guy! Can anyone please suggest on a decent video to .webm converter?

Attached: Untitled-2.png (480x470, 314K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter
github.com/Kagami/webm.py/wiki/Related-links#webm-tools
github.com/HelpSeeker/Restricted-WebM-in-Bash
pastebin.com/xuVtRy38
gist.github.com/alternativecutegirls/40e070810ff42faeef206ec2bf6e2d6c
github.com/ekisu/mpv-webm)
github.com/ekisu/mpv-webm/issues/6
github.com/tsudoko/long-live-pomf/blob/master/long-live-pomf.md
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ffmpeg is excellent

ffmpeg

ffmpeg. There are also more than enough wrappers and frontends for it, if CLI isn't your thing.

ffmpeg

>command line shite
Just use WebM for retards

That "shite" is what WebM for retards uses under the hood.

Yes but I’d rather let some cuck do the work for me.

ffmpeg -ss 00:04:52 -t 00:01:33 -i file.mp4 -c:v libvpx -b:v 400K -vf scale=-1:360 -c:a libvorbis -b:a 96k -pass 1 -threads 0 -f webm /dev/null && ffmpeg -ss 00:04:52 -t 00:01:33 -i file.mp4 -c:v libvpx -b:v 400K -vf scale=-1:360 -c:a libvorbis -b:a 96k -pass 2 -threads 0 output.webm

its pretty self explanatory, so adapt as needed, e.g. use '-an' for no audio (all boards except for /wsg/ and /gif/)

>-threads 0
Did they finally fix thread detection?

Google Jow Forums webm converter

gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Attached: 1560611742261.png (1448x1920, 686K)

google webm for retard

Attached: 1558207184898.png (2186x1408, 530K)

ask in french

Pick your poison.
github.com/Kagami/webm.py/wiki/Related-links#webm-tools

I've wrote this script for webms.

#!/bin/bash

ffmpeg -i "$1" -c:v libvpx -pass 1 -threads 8 -speed 4 -tile-columns 6 -frame-parallel 1 -an "${@:3}" -y -f webm /dev/null
ffmpeg -i "$1" -c:v libvpx -pass 2 -threads 8 -speed 2 -tile-columns 6 -frame-parallel 1 -auto-alt-ref 1 -lag-in-frames 25 -c:a libvorbis "${@:3}" -y -f webm "$2"

Low IQ buzzword response

>-tile-columns 6 -frame-parallel 1
Those are options exclusive to VP9 encoding and will be ignored for VP8.

Oh, right. Thanks.
I've been using it for VP9, for another chan but had to change it for Jow Forums.

Any other suggestion/improvements?

I usually go with -speed 5 for the 1st and -speed 0 for the 2nd pass. I also rather use the null muxer during the first pass (instead of -f webm /dev/null), but that's just personal preference.
Also any reason that you don't include any quality control options, or do you specify them manually with the additional script parameters?

What the fuck are you doing on Jow Forums?

Thanks.
Yeah, I always specify -b:v 0, some crf and video filters manually depending on video complexity. I plan to make more smart script that will try to choose parameters by try and error in the future though.

>I plan to make more smart script that will try to choose parameters by try and error in the future though.
I work on something similar, if you're interested.
github.com/HelpSeeker/Restricted-WebM-in-Bash

Looks cool.
Question: why not use getopt for arguments? It allows for many different ways to pass arguments.
Also I'd rather use -- to pass arguments directly into ffmpeg instead of using wrappers for more flexibility.

>why not use getopt for arguments?
I just find it easier to shift over all parameters. The only slight inconvenience is that I can't really check for missing values, only for wrong ones.
>Also I'd rather use -- to pass arguments directly into ffmpeg instead of using wrappers for more flexibility.
Understandable. Personally I just got tired of tinkering with settings and also wanted a way to batch convert videos, which is why I tried to automate the process as much as possible.

Having some nerd adjust all the command line parameters and turn it into a gui which I can then create Webms to shitpost with FOR FREE is classic cuckoldry. Seethe harder.
Talking about stuff that matters rather than people tinkering with the command line.
Oh yes very self explanatory and user friendly.
Have sex.

another low IQ buzzword response

Attached: 1545394394256.jpg (640x633, 41K)

Oh indubitably my dear comrade. All the gentleman and ladies across this vast floating planet knows that it is absolutely required to use pointlessly long words to appear intelligent.

Do permit me to engage in the floccinaucinihilipilification of your post.
Now thou should commit the act of taking ones own life, cuckold.

Cringe and low IQ post rolled in one.

>cringe
Low IQ post

Cope /v/tard

>cope
>/v/tard
Low IQ Jow Forumspost

>Jow Forums boogeyman
Low IQ /v/tard. Your kind lowered the board's average IQ by 20 points.

Damn so it must have underflowed from 1 to a very high number judging by Jow Forums coding skills.

Consider suicide

Seethe

>t. low IQ winnigger

I personally just use an MPV plugin to make my webms, it's especially handy considering I'm a /tv/fag.

Isn't one unable to use 2-pass encoding and the other unable to burn in subtitles?

ffmpeg

Boiling

not him but,
bonjour mec! est ce quelqu'un peut me recommender un bon convertisseur de video vers .webm?

The one I have can do two-pass encoding and burn in subtitles.

Which one are you using then?

I dunno, didn't really pay attention when I downloaded it, here's a filedropper link (One fellow /tv/user needed it yesterday which is why it says the paste was from yesterday)

pastebin.com/xuVtRy38

Just use ffmpeg

who is guy!?

kdenlive. drop a video on the project library and drag to the timeline, then render and pick .webm as output

not encoder but it's pretty useful, you can search for a thread on any board and pipe to mpv.

gist.github.com/alternativecutegirls/40e070810ff42faeef206ec2bf6e2d6c

a) Next time link its GitHub instead of that cancerous file sharing site (github.com/ekisu/mpv-webm)
b) 2-pass encoding doesn't work with webm.lua, at least not on the master branch. See: github.com/ekisu/mpv-webm/issues/6

How about WebM for retards?

>instead of that cancerous file sharing site
Wots wrong with Filedropper?

Runs a bunch of 3rd party stuff in the background and bothers you with premium account advertisements (probably blocked by more extensive uBO filter settings, but the default doesn't). But most importantly I can't download files with my current FF setup. Not sure what setting prevents it (and I'm too lazy to check it), but it shouldn't happen in the first place.

To be perfectly fair its called "WebMs for retards" for a reason.

WHEN THE FUCK IS HIROMOOT GOING TO ALLOW VP9?

Alright, do you have any other file hosting service that I don't need to sign up for?

ffmpeg

Not him, but you could use anonfile or one of the many pomf clones
github.com/tsudoko/long-live-pomf/blob/master/long-live-pomf.md
If you want something more professional looking, then perhaps file.io or x0.at

ive never seen a burn this hard onto by based poster

Attached: bobkek.gif (200x200, 450K)

Perhaps once AV2 is around the corner...

thanks