PLEASE PLACE ITEM IN THE BAGGING AREA

PLEASE PLACE ITEM IN THE BAGGING AREA

Attached: fujitsu-genesis-sco-450x450.png (450x450, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/money/consumer-affairs/charge-shoppers-1p-use-self-checkout-machines-heal-brexit-divisions/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Looks pretty complicated compared to the ones we have in Finland

Still better than human cashiers.

Also my thought for Switzerland.

These may not be aesthetic or have any particularly cool features, but they work without much of a fuss. Fast reliable plate code scanner, hand scanner, the usual card payment stuff, some bags if you need them.

Attached: self-checkout.jpg (620x426, 246K)

SHUT UP I DID ALREADY

I avoid them every chance I get even if it means waiting in line for the cashier to do his fucking job because around here these things must have been programmed by clinically brain dead toddlers judging by them shitting the bed if you even look at them the wrong way.
t. German

REMOVE ITEM FROM THE BAGGING AREA. PLEASE WAIT FOR ASSISTANCE

UNKNOWN ITEM IN BAGGING AREA [screeching warning sounds] PLEASE WAIT FOR A CASHIER TO HELP YOU

>Go through and scan item and throw in bag
>Prompt on screen
>THIS MACHINE DOES NOT ACCEPT CASH. DO YOU WISH TO CONTINUE?
>Click yes
>ITEM IN BAGGING AREA

Pisses me off

only retarded boomers have trouble using these
are you a retarded boomer, OP?

Lifehack: moving bag on weights will change value, sometimes even 200g, which is enough to stop shit from triggering on pack of condoms

Imagine unironically shilling self check out machines in grocery stores.

pisses me off everytime I'm sick and I have to buy cold medicine
>PLEASE WAIT FOR ATTENDANT
SO FUCKING WHAT IF IM BUYING 10 BOXES OF DAYQUIL, WHY THE FUCK DOES THAT MATTER?

I thought you banned the plastic bags as well by now?

If you live in an all white area they have the scale turned off which makes the process super fast.

I don't get a discount for serving myself.

Same here in Italy.

>Scan some paracetamol
>APPROVAL NEEDED
>Have to wait 5 minutes for an attendant to come over
>No bags at the machine so also need to ask for one
I can't tell if they're this bad where I live because they want to keep people employed or if our grocery stores just don't want to spend money.

haha holy shit there are people here who actually avoid self checkout? have fun taking 10x as long to leave the store retards

Attached: Girls.png (449x401, 490K)

Just spent 2 weeks in Scotland and the machine called an attendant literally every time I went to the shop, whether I was buying alcohol or not. Like 7 times it didn't work.

what programming languages are used for these? its just compiled software, right? if so its probably some C variant

Here I have the option of waiting maybe 2 minutes if it's crowded at the cashier or waiting 10 minutes till some faggot comes out and fixes the damn machines when they lock up because you put down your bag ~0.00000000002 ms before the machine expected it.

Judging by how "great" they work it's probably JavaScript running in an electron app.

They're probably Windows embedded machines, and running some full screen JAVA trash made by a sweatshop in India.

>Go to walmart
>Buy some shit
>Scan items
>One item doesn't scan
>Try to leave
>Guy shows up and asks me what is going on
>Says I didn't pay for an item
>Scan the item again
>Nothing pops up
>The guy scans the item
> Go to cashier to check the item
>She just said it was 5 dollars
>barcode doesn't work since they stopped selling it the week before
Should I blame Walmart or the scanner?

No, just Geneva IIRC.

The major retailers decided to introduce a 5 cent fee on plastic bags (no more free bags) and it reduced demand a lot.

Yourself for going to fucking Wallmart.

you're the dumbass for trying to walk out with an item you didn't pay for.

It'd better than being forced to talk about how your day is going with a real person though
I don't like to do that because it is often lonely and it makes it feel like I have to pretend to be happy and nice to the person when I really just want to get my shit and leave.

>iT dIdN't ScAn So iT mUsT bE FrEe
don't steal things jamal

Attached: 700.jpg (200x313, 10K)

Jesus where do you guys live that yours aren't usable now
>no bag area autism, can put items directly in cart
>easily take items off to not purchase
This is in a 70% black city too

So I checked and some of those machines are sending data though wifi.
Why the fuck would you do such a thing?

What's the best way to Jamal the self service?

Windows XP usually

> t. dxm addict

the ones at REWE are pretty ok. They only shit the bed when you're buying gift cards.

>addict
I can stop anytime I want to, hypocrite

the only people i've met that hate these things are old people.

the clerks by my house know me since i've been here for years, and just tap off the age check when I buy alcohol or medicine. It's literally always faster to do self check out. I think it's good that it cuts down on checkout clerks too, because I think any menial jobs we can get rid of allow us to get people working on more interesting problems.

I honestly don't even know where the next REWE around here is so I can't talk about their self checkouts but every other store that has them where I buy my groceries has the exact same problems.

Scotfag here and only students and zoomers really use them where I live. I don't use them because I had hand surgery so have issues using the touch screen and packing. There's no manned checkouts at night so someone helps me with it but they generally take longer to use. It takes someone about 2 minutes or more to go through this when it takes generally less than a minute for me to go to a manned checkout and pack stuff, pay quickly and leave.

They're hilariously bad and need approval for most stuff. The scales are dodgy and they're made from cheap materials.
They really require too much attention to work and for an item that cuts costs they require at least 2 store assistants to keep up with approval requests. I wouldn't use them even if I was physically capable of doing so even if they granted a discount.

>I don't want to bag this item
>PLEASE WAIT FOR ASSISTANCE

>go shopping at night
>one line open with an excessively long line of retards while the self-checkout lanes are closed for no reason

there should be consequences for going through a 15-items-or-less self checkout with a full cart

Attached: angery karl marx.jpg (720x907, 68K)

We want to check out quickly, not have a malfunctioning scale trying to babysit through the entire thing.

PLACE IN BAGGING AREA
REMOVE FROM BAGGING AREA
WAIT FOR ASSISTANCE

I have stolen before thanks to these, It locks up and I stand around waiting so I jsust go through the motions, bag my shit and walk out. I don't recommend doing it at a place you visit frequently

Here they trust people to scan their entire cart. So they let you run around with one of those wireless bar code scanners.
Absent minded people have trouble. They sometimes get banned from using the system. For the peasantry there's 'random' spot checks. I've had one once.
At least they help you pack when they do them. For me at least.

You get a discount. It's in inconvenience of waiting for a larger queue.

But it should also be noted that you get that same discount for not using the system. It's like welfare states. You choose if you work or live off others work.

I would advise against stealing groceries in general. It implies you're poor. Stop that.

Have done the same before, halfway through the shit thing deleted everything I had scanned so far and just asked me for the next item. I couldn't be fucked to redo that shit so I just scanned the last few things and payed like 10€ for everything.
Just fuck these shit pajeet machines.

i do it all the time because i'm still faster than those retards with kids distracting them

In my country this would never work because everyone would steal. This is a good thing because it keeps more people employed.

>Groceries come to $30
>Put $5 bill in
>Press cancel
>$5 comes out in coins
>THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING AT MORRISONS

No self service, thank YOU

Where I live it's different and there's no checkouts at night except for self service. They take about half of them offline since it's quieter but if a store's taking something off early it's because it takes more work to cash up those tills than it does to cash just one or two at the end of a night.

>doing someone else's job for free
if you use self-checkout you should be given some sort of discount

Attached: w8fr0vp.jpg (1079x597, 284K)

Our overlords actually want to charge us for the convenience of using it

telegraph.co.uk/money/consumer-affairs/charge-shoppers-1p-use-self-checkout-machines-heal-brexit-divisions/

Please tell me that doesn't actually work kek

There's better solutions to unemployment related problems than making people till the fields by hand.

IM HERE TO REPLACE WAGGIE
PUT ITEM IN BAGGING AREA

Attached: 1526734810417.jpg (563x503, 21K)

>take a persons job away
>AND charge the consumer more on top of it
People should be shot for this

read the fucking sign you inbred. only niggers break the rules

Attached: avenbrigadier.jpg (300x234, 48K)

I've only seen those bagging machines in poor areas. Like the grocery store close to a university.
It doesn't make sense to me.

because children get high on it and meth heads cook meth with it.

I avoid using these things because I believe there is a social utility to paying cashiers a living wage.

>MPs want this change
No they want to discourage their use. I doubt they'll manage. I'd pay a good chunk of money if the system works and I don't have to communicate with some slag.

Just shop at small markets.
That cant afford toasters like that.

The discount is getting the fuck out of there as quickly as possible

Absolutely not. The ones in my area are all high school or uni chicks depending on the time and they always touch my hand when handing over the cash. No machine can replace that.

I think the same about americans pumping their gas at gas stations. In other countries there is an employee that does that job.

>I'd pay a good chunk of money if the system works and I don't have to communicate with some slag.
I don't have to talk to anyone at all when I go to a serviced checkout. I can listen to music and just get on with it. I've almost never had to talk to another customer if there's a queue either.
When the self service checkout fails or requires approval for something there is usually a forced interaction.

You're never going to be able to scan things as fast as a seasoned cashier. Its not like you have a nice big conveyor belt to place items on and then zoom right though them. If you've got a cart full of stuff you're stuck there lifting up one item at a time, scanning it, waiting for the machine to respond, placing an item in the bagging area. Good fucking luck if you've got more items than the bagging area can hold by the way.

>*pick up item and put it back*
>UNIDENTIFIED ITEM IN THE BAGGING AREA
>CALLING POLICE RIGHT NOW, PLEASE GET ON THE GROUND WITH HANDS BEHIND YOUR HEAD

that looks exactly the same but without a cash option

>I'm really sorry officer, somehow I put though all these expensive cheeses as carrots. I don't know what happened, these newfangled machines huh?

>12 items or less
>cashiers aren't allowed to turn away douchebags who come to them with full carts of shit

>shop with a basket all the time
>human cashier is a machine who picks up an item, scans it in one try and passes it directly to me or in the bagging area
>no scales required at all
>pay almost instantly and get out
I can go into a queue at the same time as someone starts their self checkout. I can have more items and still get out of there before they're done.
It's way faster to just have a cashier do it. The only thing that can hold you up is an issue with a product, a tourist or an older person but you have the same issues with a self service checkout if it requires any authorization.

Oh no, if only there was someone to stop me

depends which one has the longer line, really.

You know only 3 normal checkouts at most will be open.

Embeded windows

Fuck cough syrup and paracetamol, scan the can of redbull.. APPROVAL NEEDED!
fuck that, whats the fucking logic behind it? Might as well ask approval when buying coffee, water and sugar, or a fucking coke/pepsi because both of those contain sugar and caffeine.

This thing is easy to buy packs of beer with, put a hole below one of the beers and it will probably have a barcode for the single beer

>please place item in the bagging area
>UNEXPECTED ITEM IN BAGGING AREA
>*attendee is helping someone else find a barcode on their pack of tampons*

Attached: b49.gif (680x680, 1.08M)

Yes but where I'm from that's rude. You greet them and listen for anything they may need to say. It's rare but it happens.
You keep all the rudeness on the inside and never tell them that they're going to be replaced in a few years even if that's probably something they need to be aware of. If the cashier is young and flirts with you reciprocate but don't make any real commitments. Even if you'd never even consider talking to her if she's sitting right next to you. If they're old and they flirt you laugh as if they made a joke.

local place is a bit small and wiped out all bar one of its cashier checkouts and put in a bunch of these
even if you want a person to serve you it's fucked since there's always 80 year olds going through it with full trolleys

>try to explain to wagecuck at another register I made a mistake when ringing up items at self checkout
>they immediately get angry and say "Well it wasn't our fault!"
>Yes... I know... I just told you I was the one who accidentally made a mistake at self checkout
>they angrily refund my card

god FUCK YOU

Can someone confirm if this actually works? I don't want to be stuck looking like an ass in front of everyone if it doesn't.

Self checkout is nice despite all the bullshit because it gives me opportunities to take jobs away from illegals and retards working the register

Wagies btfo

>PLEASE PLACE THE ITEM IN THE BAGGING AREA
>UNEXPECTED ITEM IN BAGGING AREA. REMOVE THIS ITEM BEFORE CONTINUING
>SURPRISING ITEM IN THE BAGGING AREA
>PLEASE WAIT: CHECKING ITEM WEIGHT
>APPROVAL NEEDED
>HELP IS COMING
>HELP IS ON THE WAY
>DO YOU WISH TO CONTINUE

We need more robots. That way they will start to get good.

I'd rather take away your job, asshole.

>employee taps the upper right and corner and inputs a two digit code anyone could easily remember and use to fuck with machines

LOL some walmarts here have self checkout with conveyor belts just like a normal register does, but you can fit alot of shit on there at once. so if I have a cart full of shit and dont want to be bothered with a waltard employee I can use the conveyor belt checkouts. where is your god now fucker?

The sooner they manage to create robots that make pizzas the better
I swear they employ actual retards in every pizza place with 50km of me

that would require you to actually learn skills more complicated than stocking shelves and working a cash register.

Here they have to scan an authorisation barcode too, so good luck with that one Mr Bond.

works at my store

They'd just get a job at a cinema, or at a gym or really just about any other service industry that isn't elitist.

The barcode is actually the login information just printed for easy scanning saving time lmao

You know what sucks about this.
They've developed this assuming a very narrow acceptable weight range but they didn't make the bagging area a basket so you have to use their stupid bagging implement.

If they just made it a bucket you could scan and dump your stuff in there and then bag it after that. The attendants would only need to check that the procedure is followed.

Self check out has saved me hundreds of dollaroos at walmart. I've got shit I wouldn't have thought of getting before.