Will Intel ever be able to recover from such a deadly blow? When you look at all the benchmarks...

Will Intel ever be able to recover from such a deadly blow? When you look at all the benchmarks, you can only see a clear winner for years to come.

Attached: 3900.jpg (960x720, 121K)

Other urls found in this thread:

level1techs.com/article/ryzen-3000-navi-megathread
youtu.be/HuGJhqb-Xbg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

12yo retards will shill it to eachother until the end of time
they'll be fine

Yes, they will.

Well.. they did recovered after Athlon 64. And it was even worse back then.
I'm pretty sure Intel will be fine. It might take them some to fix their shit tho.

They will have to compromise just like AMD did by letting go GloFo.
AMD in it's darkest time they still had GPU's to sell for the new crypto market boom, Intel has nothing left, the security vulnerabilities killed the Xeon market and they are barely holding on the desktop, other than laptops, intel has nothing to offer and unless they fix their manufactures or let go of their plants they will have to be bailed by AMD in the near future.

hope so. We really need an actual competition
at best we might get new i5 2500k

I don't want to burst your bubble user, but they're probably going to be fine..

Attached: income.png (258x127, 5K)

It really makes you think that you can easily fit 12-16 cores in such form factor and make it affordable. That's what progress looks like.

All we need now is for mainstream software(including games) to actually be able to use them efficiently. Software always lags a couple years behind hardware.

AMD had both GPUs and consoles to keep them afloat

Intel are still the performance kings. The 9900K destroys Zen 2 for gaming, and that's what most desktop users care about. COPE more, AMDunce.

Attached: frog wearing headphones.jpg (250x201, 6K)

They don't need to let go of anything, their 14nm is at full capacity and they could very well build a new 14nm fab and fill it with work.

I want Applel to deliver the final blow before that happens.

yes their 10nm is suppose to be stackable

>Intel are still the performance kings. The 9900K destroys Zen 2 for gaming, and that's what most desktop users care about. COPE more, AMDunce.

nigga there is like a difference of 5% in performance and the price difference is almost 500 dollars

>dumb frogposter

>nigga
>almost 500 dollars
poo poor and poozen

>actually making arguments

>Performance doesn't matter!!!
The fucking STATE of AMD retards.

Hm I really wonder will the average person buy a processor that's more than good enough for what they want to do with it or will he spend 500$ more for a barely 5% performance increase in a few games and a net performance loss in workstation tasks. Yeah I'm sure the 9900k is already sold out and people are queuing up to get the chance to buy one.

I am AMD tard, but i legitimately doubt that the average person even knows what AMD is.

>every hardware survey has Intel at 80%+ market share
>I d-doubt people will b-b-buy Intel!!!
COPE

If it's so good, then why did AMD use Intel in its navi benchmarks?

>too big to fail
Are you actually that retarded? Don't even bother to reply I already know the answer. And even so what was the by far most sold consumer CPU brand? Oh yeah right AMD, and they have been for a few months now.
Intel has already lost the most important segment, enterprise / server, now they are losing the desktop segment. They really have nothing left but laptops which in terms of revenue are irrelevant beyond what words can describe and if you think their GPUs will make a difference you are delusional.

AMD tard here.
I can't fucking wait for 32 core, 64 core and 128 core user

Sorry I forgot to reply to your comment, but yeah the average person doesn't know what AMD or Intel is, but they ask other people for recommendations or look at reviews, and those all tell you to buy AMD unless you got money to burn for greatly diminishing returns. And people that actually know what they are doing just aren't going to buy the 9900k for a 5% fps increase in some games.
Personally I'm waiting for the new Threadrippers, can't wait to replace the Swiss cheese powered servers I haven't yet replaced.

when will intel lower their prices??

Attached: 52591504_10214275895239296_2458955049968074752_n.jpg (960x708, 42K)

Why do so many photos of Ryzen processors look like the letters are printed on when in fact they're etched or something?

They did recovered from athlon by reusing mobile architecture, which was glorified p3, that they spent years improving, the haven't made c2 from scratch. Now they have nothing to fallback to.

AMD recovered from Bulldozer somehow so go figure.

Intel hired Tim Keller to develop their new arch and they have the advantage of owning their fabs so when the stars allign and the new arch will come out on a new process they are going to be pretty fucking strong again.
No question AMD will get stronger by that time too, but they still have less money and aren't in bed with their fabs I would bet on intel coming out #1 again.

Metal reflectivity and shit.

>intel coming out #1 again.
I think they'll be going head to head for a long time now, even once intel will inevitably deliver a heavy blow at some point, they're intel, they just apparently aren't able to price their products to do to AMD what AMD did to them now

>barely holding on the desktop

Attached: 1559770158913.jpg (400x400, 16K)

Intel is literally overpriced and overvalued garbage, they haven't delivered a reasonably good CPU in the last decade

I care about AMD or Intel as much as they do about me, but Intel is bleeding competent personnel. Just look at review sites like Glassdoor etc, the first few obviously paid for reviews read like management farts rainbows and shits money and the other reviews read like a 60 year old with PTSD having violent flashbacks to Vietnam.
They by all accounts lack any coherent or capable management, their current architecture is beyond fucked with the security flaws, 10nm just gets delayed and delayed and I seriously doubt their GPUs will do much good for them either.
If Intel doesn't replace it's entire management and comes up with a new strategy I doubt they will do anything but stall until they go bankrupt.

Well yes, they are larger, heavier, have more bills to pay and can't compete on price.

So if anything the situation will boil down back to Intel costs more runs a bit faster and AMD costs a bit less and runs a bit slower but both are compelling products.

>paying 500 more dollars for 5% difference in performance
Sure
Also the 3950x is coming in september, i can't wait to see how it performs

Also wait for benchmarks with the non gimped bios and chipset that was released yesterday. It's very much possible that there is no performance difference (in gaming) at all.

You're clearly under 18. Don't post here.

i want my 16 cores

>Also wait for benchmarks with the non gimped bios and chipset that was released yesterday.
This is actual coping, manual overclocking wasn't able to achieve anything so why would your auto overclock

Manual overclocking is also limited by AGESA.

How is that cope? There was a gimped bios and chipset release that made the CPU and RAM run below spec, a fix was released yesterday and some reviewers already said they're rerunning benchmarks with the fixed version.

>only this [1] highest end chip matters
Newsflash bozo, not many people buy the top chips. Real profit is midrange.

9900K IS 445 TO BUY BRAND NEW (CHEAPER THAN THAT IN PLACES) SO IS YOUR AMD CPU -55? DO THEY GIVE YOU 55 TO BUY IT OR WHAT?

Did you have a stroke from your assblast so now you can only write in all caps or something? Or did the fire coming from your Intel™ CPU just damage the keyboard?

LET ME CREATE THREADS DAILY TO DEFEND ONE MONOLITHIC COMPANY AGAINST ANOTHER INSTEAD OF WEIGHING UP THE PROS AND CONS, MAKING MY CHOICE, USING THE PRODUCT AND KEEPING MY FUCKING TRAP SHUT ABOUT IT.

>Or did the fire coming from your Intel™ CPU just damage the keyboard?

Attached: 1562456720008.gif (382x308, 1.47M)

NO, BUT ALL THESE GLOATING (FOR NO VALID REASON) THREADS ABOUT WOOHOO AMD RELEASING A KING KILLER OR SHIT THAT NEVER HAPPENS.
i WAS THINKING ABOUT GETTING AMD, i'M STILL ON DDR3 BUT i TELL YOU WHAT. i'M GOING TO BUY FUCK AMD OFF AND GET INTEL.

Dude, get help, seriously. And fix your keyboard there are random 'i's in the post that aren't all caps.

Turns out, Ryzen was barely even sweating on those benchmarks with the pre-release AGESA.
As the real benchmarks approach, it's good that Intel fanbois are already on suicide watch.

Attached: 1543591028457.png (813x1024, 867K)

I don't think they are on suicide watch, they're already lying in the grave waiting to be buried.

It is true suicide watch is understaffed, with novideo and incel fanbois on suicide watch at the same time.

WORK OUT WHY THAT MIGHT BE THE CASE, MATE.

Will AMD ever be able to recover from such a deadly blow? When you look at all the benchmarks, you can only see a clear winner for years to come.

Attached: intro.jpg (600x437, 85K)

Hm intel uses just carry on using their hardware as they were before the launch. What are they supposed to do exactly? Start crying because what?
Because the motherboards for these new chips (I know they can use the older MB's) but to get the most experience tm, buyers will be getting x570 motherboards which are nearly the same price as the CPU itself, lmao. some of them cost much more than the CPU's.
Also, the stated stock speeds aren't actually reached hahahaha, so a case for false advertising there.
Why should Intel users be crying again Mr Sarinda Nishram?

>the stated stock speeds aren't actually reached
Are you really this retarded? Do you unironically believe this is the case for release day firmware?

Nice underaged AMDrone

The moment Intel rises back on top (they will) they will bury AMD like they did VIA and Cyrix

Why wouldn't it be? I buy a CPU and expect it to run at it's stated speed.
Do that research before launch, I'm not getting paid to potentially brick pieces of hardware to bug test that shit.

"Most desktop users" care a lot more about getting the best price to performance than performance alone. Intel may have a CPU that is on top but if theres a CPU on the market for significantly less money and yet still performs above current standard, the vast majority will buy it.

Everyone who doesn't know what AMD is and yet still would require that level of CPU is inept enough at building/upgrading a PC to heavily rely on youtuber/reddit recommendations and they are going to be pushing the 3700X harder than the 2600x was.
There is literally no reason to recommened someone an Intel CPU anymore other than if they genuinly don't care about money - you'd be doing them a disservice otherwise.

>There is literally no reason to recommend someone an Intel CPU anymore other than if they genuinely don't care about money, performance and security.
Fixed that for you.

Retard, it means his capslock is broken but shift isnt.
Retard, just hold down shift lmao

>Retard, just hold down shift lmao
YOUR EXAMPLE DIDN'T WORK DID IT GENIUS.
OR, JUST DON'T PRESS SHIFT AT ALL, HAVEN'T YOU GOT A CAPSLOCK ON YOUR SHITTY 40 PERCENT KEYBOARD M8?

>40% keyboards actually exist

Attached: 1550712356212.png (360x408, 433K)

It doesn't matter how much shit you add after money. Money is the biggest factor that determines what pc parts people buy. As it's been state a million fucking times since yesterday: only a fucking retard would pay $100s more for a miniscule performance increase.

bitch just go buy a new keyboard right now. what the fuck is your problem, do you have to wait for mommy to go buy you a new one? wtf

Attached: 1562481838061.jpg (496x600, 34K)

I COULD JUST USE ON SCREEN KEYBOARD TO DISABLE CAPSLOCK IF I WERE SUCH A GENIUS AS YOURSELF HUH CHIRPY.

> i am literally retarded
it's schizo time i see

Attached: 1468876254035.jpg (197x100, 13K)

level1techs.com/article/ryzen-3000-navi-megathread

To summarize some key points:
>For overclocking the 3700X, I found that switching the fan speed from low to high on the physical switch on the Wraith Prism cooler was sufficient to allow 4.3ghz all-core boosts and 4.4 to 4.55ghz 1-thread boosts endlessly (on the test bench, anyway). It took quite a bit of fiddling to get there, though, and I am hoping this is improved via software updates.
>Single thread scores in Cinebench, for me (after a bit of tweaking), were better on the Ryzen 9 system than my test Intel system – even when overclocked -- a 9900K-based system running at 5ghz all-core. Testing with CPU-Z's little built-in benchmark utility put the Ryzen 9 3900X system slightly behind the 9900K for single thread, but the Ryzen 9 system was more than 35% faster in the multithread test.
>I think I've got no choice but to call this one for AMD, at least in real-world scenarios. It's generally the faster CPU now in all the "real-world" testing I've done so far.
>We ran with default Windows 1903 security mitigations. Currently, AMD is much better in this regard. Ryzen 3000 has all hardware mitigations – no real performance loss from mitigations.
>You can see even from the basic built-in CPU-Z benchmark (1t Reference score on the Intel 9900K of about 580 vs our score of about 530) that 1t performance since this sample was added to CPU-Z has overall declined since this sample was added.
>Before the (6/30) update, I was struggling to get even 1t performance on the 3700X at the advertised 4.4ghz boost; more like 4.2Ghz.
>We have every reason to think that the 3700X and the 3900X have been very carefully binned from the outset. But it isn't like you need the overclocking to beat the competing Intel CPUS -- even overclocking my Intel 9900k to 5.1ghz didn't really deliver enough of a performance bump to make up the 1t lead that AMD has in applications like Cinebench R20.

They'll recover just as they did before and we'll get a new sandy bridge and the cycle will repeat.

are there still no 3600 benchies?

i HAVE THE ONE PERSONA, A HIGHLY ANNOYING ONE, SO i DON'T KNOW WHY YOU BROUGHT SCHIZO INTO IT, THAT'S QUITE OFFENSIVE TO EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD.

Poor pajeet can't afford a CPU

Attached: kek.gif (360x346, 170K)

What's the noise like on these stock coolers?

ok Im sold

Attached: Creed-Odyssey-Benchmark[1].jpg (1280x720, 194K)

Its the same its been for a while. Look up wraith prism benchmarks.

>implying they can
Even if there's a big premium large companies often have large sums allocated to various internal units. A price cut or unexpectedly poor sales implies you need to change where you spend your money. It's easy for the consumer to think lowering the price will help them because you're now buying their shit. But you're only seeing one side of it. You need to look at how many are buying to say anything. Everyone who's complaining are gonna be the rational consumers or the poorfags. They're the worst market. How much can Intel live on the sentiment that Intel is the best for gaming? They've been struggling in productivity for a long time now.

>pajeets are the only ones still buying Intel
>intjeet calls others pajeet
If only they were self aware.

Ok mate, will do, ta.

I said the same thing 7 years ago when AMD first released an octocore.

youtu.be/HuGJhqb-Xbg

Guys, guys!

Attached: 2019-07-08 13.36.04 twitter.com 6311d999bf39.jpg (595x125, 26K)

Is it time for another one of his meltdowns already? They're coming faster and faster these days!

>remote session on a Ryzen 9 3900x
what did she mean by this?

kek, I watched this video a minute ago, thanks though. Might just use my Noctua NH-U12S, think the AMD plates that come with it should be compatible, it means I don't need them extra wire/s for the rgb stuff too.

Desperate intel is both the worst and best intel.
Expect em to whine, to cheat, to lie, to push chips to fucking 7Ghz, then to finally concede and do their work and create an better new arch.

Attached: intel btfo.png (487x385, 10K)

Intel only wins in gaymen with the 9900k but it gets absolutely destroyed in everything else. I didn't expect Zen 2 to just fuck it sideways in premiere and davinci resolve as well, that's an extremely good showing from them. Intel has the 10 core without smt in the pipeline, but I'm not even sure that gets released this year. By the time they release that, AMD will be stupidly close to Zen 3 and that will finally take the last thing they have left.

Attached: D91Mph1XkAEeoMl.jpg (658x460, 61K)

Oh it's this guy again. I wonder how will he spin the 9900k losing in literally everything except some gaymes.

Who is this french buttsniffer?

>10 core
that will come out in 2022 or something like that by that point AMD will have 24 core or 32 core CPU's and for servers probably 128 cores

*crashes premiere but still beats intel if you count the two tries*

Attached: 6eIOm3B.jpg (1000x1000, 147K)

Let's be realistic for a second even though the abortion of 10nm is still ongoing. Intel will have a 10 core part by 2020, but that doesn't matter. It won't be able to compete with Zen 2 and it's going to be competing against a superior Zen 3. I believe they will fight back in 2022-2023; by then Keller might have unfucked some shit, Intel would have 3D stacking figured out, and hopefully they don't have the fab problems.

Intel is still light years ahead of Virgin AMD because of their government contracting work. I unironically know someone at Intel. They’ll be releasing upgraded CPUs soo

lets hope so, a monopoly by Intel is as equally shit for consumers as is a monopoly by AMD

why no announcements? what are the specs mate, you are not telling us anything of the really important info

Monopoly is bad no matter what, but AMD is not stopping despite having the clear lead. We'll see how things pan out after Zen 3. I don't think they would stop, they know Intel can strike back with the amount of money they have just like how they did with Sandy Bridge. I'm guessing they'll do 3D stacking and have some parity with AMD who will also have 3D stacking as well with the extra benefit of going wide (with chiplets).

most desktop users care about value for money

Lmao enjoy your 999th vulnerability incel

poo in loo bro