So a few, possibly all tech reviewers had shitty bioses when testing the new amd lineup...

So a few, possibly all tech reviewers had shitty bioses when testing the new amd lineup. Might have to see benchmarks again.

twitter.com/andreif7/status/1148170909322293248

Attached: 234565236.png (1496x950, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

level1techs.com/article/ryzen-3000-navi-megathread
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

oh no no no no

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 62K)

>We notice a significant change in the CPU’s boosting behaviour, now boosting to higher frequencies, and particularly at a faster rate from idle, more correctly matching AMD’s described intended boost behaviour and latency.
>We’re currently in the process of re-running all our suite numbers and updating the article where necessary to reflect the new frequency behaviour.

That would also explain why Gayman Nexus guy reported the stock voltage spiking and generally running above custom OC

Attached: DtMzoQ4U4AAi3-f.jpg (1200x969, 95K)

Early adopter tax. Always wait at least 6 months before purchasing anything new.

buying anything new is retarded but
>tax
it's gonna get fixed for free in the next weeks as mobos get patched.

How does AMD fuck up this hard?

How fucking hard is it to have finalized BIOS for your reviewers a week before launch?

If you're on THAT tight of a schedule where you're releasing finalized BIOS's the day OF release, you've fucked up somewhere.

I don't think they cared enough, their cpus beat intels at everything but gaming at 300fps even before the patches.

Probably outsmarted themselves with the nda thing.

It just looks bad, you have ONE launch, and the vast majority of reviews will be done before launch, so having your BIOS's all be beta, and only releasing finalized ones on launch day is dropping the ball.

No matter how you slice it, SOMEONE fucked up bad.

>it's gonna get fixed for free
that's not what he means by early adopter tax retard he means if you buy something day 1 you're more likely to run into something fucky with your product before all kinks are ironed out making your purchase more of a headache.

Everything nowadays is "release it even if it's broken because we can fix it later".

My guess is that AMD send motherboard vendors early code to use with their BIOS and only just recently got them the launch code. So they're all in a rush to get the 1.0 code integrated and pushed to a BIOS update.

>release ryzen is stronger than the reviews with pre-release nda firmware
Intel fanbois confirmed on suicide watch.

Attached: 1543803554152.png (1061x1500, 1.09M)

By having only 2 guys working on it. Same wit their radeon driver team.

>amd has shitty drivers

what else is fucking new?

I had an rx580 and the thing was the biggest pile of unstable shit I've ever used. Upgraded to a 1080ti and it's been so much better.

>time isnt money
Stay new zoomer.

NOOOOOOO INTELBROOOOOS!!!

Attached: 1560237738817.png (1070x601, 816K)

why do retards still follow this cuck?

Attached: .png (586x457, 45K)

It was finaluzed. Agesa 1.0.0.2 worked fine. It was the update pushed during testing, 1.0.0.3, that was bugged. It was fixed in 1.0.0.3a

level1techs.com/article/ryzen-3000-navi-megathread

To summarize some key points:
>For overclocking the 3700X, I found that switching the fan speed from low to high on the physical switch on the Wraith Prism cooler was sufficient to allow 4.3ghz all-core boosts and 4.4 to 4.55ghz 1-thread boosts endlessly (on the test bench, anyway). It took quite a bit of fiddling to get there, though, and I am hoping this is improved via software updates.
>Single thread scores in Cinebench, for me (after a bit of tweaking), were better on the Ryzen 9 system than my test Intel system – even when overclocked -- a 9900K-based system running at 5ghz all-core. Testing with CPU-Z's little built-in benchmark utility put the Ryzen 9 3900X system slightly behind the 9900K for single thread, but the Ryzen 9 system was more than 35% faster in the multithread test.
>I think I've got no choice but to call this one for AMD, at least in real-world scenarios. It's generally the faster CPU now in all the "real-world" testing I've done so far.
>We ran with default Windows 1903 security mitigations. Currently, AMD is much better in this regard. Ryzen 3000 has all hardware mitigations – no real performance loss from mitigations.
>You can see even from the basic built-in CPU-Z benchmark (1t Reference score on the Intel 9900K of about 580 vs our score of about 530) that 1t performance since this sample was added to CPU-Z has overall declined since this sample was added.
>Before the (6/30) update, I was struggling to get even 1t performance on the 3700X at the advertised 4.4ghz boost; more like 4.2Ghz.
>We have every reason to think that the 3700X and the 3900X have been very carefully binned from the outset. But it isn't like you need the overclocking to beat the competing Intel CPUS -- even overclocking my Intel 9900k to 5.1ghz didn't really deliver enough of a performance bump to make up the 1t lead that AMD has in applications like Cinebench R20.

inb4 thread deleted

this thread has been up for 3 and a half hours already.

Jannies have to sleep too

Everyone looks at day 1 reviews. AMD fucked up by not making sure reviewers had the fixed BIOS and motherboard manufacturers made sure they were compliant. Intel has the clout to make sure this does not happen (at least in recent years).

>intel has the clout to order board manufacturers to sabotage

fixed that for you.

who cares? it was fast enough already

user this is no "release it when it's perfect", this is release it when it's good enough and work from there. They have strict deadlines because they need to pump out products to continue their existence. They have Threadripper in the pipeline, they have bigger and smaller RDNA chips, they have to work on Rome, they have to prepare their Zen2 APUs for next year, they have to keep perfecting Zen3, etc. They don't have the luxury of delaying and hope the competition does nothing, they need to get these things out as early as possible. People are overreacting as always. It's like Zen was their first release following and don't know how literally every single time there is a problem on both camps.

Attached: violating the law - Hachikuji.jpg (500x518, 58K)

I would rather have my cpus gain a little extra performance with a bios update than have a cpu with speedholes that need to be patched and reduce the cpu power.

Of course. Why are there so many people bitching and whining? It's like they don't know how shit about how these releases work.