Ryzen 3700X + Super 2070, currently lacking a motherboard and RAM

Ryzen 3700X + Super 2070, currently lacking a motherboard and RAM.

Question time.

I don't really care for X570, due to the fan and the price, but is PCI-E 4.0 a big deal? AMD says it's the best chipset out at the moment, but what would I be sacrificing if I went without? There's a good chance I would get a new graphics card in about 5 /6 years, on the same motherboard, will I need PCI-E 4.0? (Don't really give a shit about SSDs etc). I think I'd rather go with B450/x470 and save £100 which can go on the more expensive RAM Ryzen demands, if X570 isn't necessary.

On that note, which RAM/mobo combo should I go with? It seems Ryzen wants 3600MHz RAM at CL16, however all of the B450 boards I'm looking at support up to around 3200MHz/3400MHz and I don't want to lose performance. Some boards state they support up to 4000MHz (OC) but what the fuck does the OC mean? That I'm OC'ing the RAM or the motherboard? I ask the last part because I was under the impression infinity fabric and RAM clocks were totally coupled up last gen

the fuck is going on

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (4032x3024, 2.38M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=idfzepqhPfk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>graphics card in about 5 /6 years, on the same motherboard, will I need PCI-E 4.0?
Yes.

Pcie4.0 is meh-tier. I will skip it without hesitate.

aiming to go 3600X (or 3700X if i feel like burning money) + 2070S here too

current plan is:
>MSI X570-A Pro (couldnt find anything cheaper in my country)
>3600X/3700X (probably 3600X, 3700X seems overkill)
>GSkill Trident Z 16GB 3200MHz CL16
>2070S
>Kingston A1000 480GB M.2 NVMe

does that sound good?

Attached: file.png (236x419, 183K)

>nvidia
kys shill

Any B450 with BIOS flashback and decent VRMs like B450 Tomahawk should be fine

I dropped a 3700x into my x470 board and had no issues. Don't see a need for pcie 4 yet because lack of stuff using it and I'm not really hammering my nvme ssds that hard

I see you are building a gaming rig.
In that case you really should go with an Intel CPU like the i7 9700K.

I assume you will keep the mobo for much longer than 5/6 years if you're getting a new GPU for it then, so about 10 years? I'd invest more into something I'd be using for 10 years.

Just get whatever RAM it doesn't matter anymore.

anything other than 9900k just for the sake of being top tier is fucking retarded. 8700 and 9700 anything died yesterday.

Don't be delusional. The 8000 and 9000 lineup is still very powerful.

Intel shills really trying every trick in the book now

If going for a 9900k, buy a 9900KS. Guaranteed 5GHz out of the box

See I have been very tempted to buy the tomahawk, but the supported RAM list doesn't include 3600MHz, even though it may well do so. I just don't want to risk it.

What speed/latency RAM are you using? I'm looking for a board I can put 3600MHz CL16 into.

That's the RAM I've been looking at, it seems like a good choice for the new Ryzens, given the RAM they seem to prefer.

Possibly, but this is the video that has me concerned about RAM and motherboards:

youtube.com/watch?v=idfzepqhPfk

It's "powerful" at gaming, shit at everything else

Why can't he buy it years later? it's not like he's gluing hardware to the motherboard.

What is the KS all about?

I'd wait on x570 and see if there's a board with passive or modular cooling in the next 9 months. You don't need to buy the new processor immediately

Why do these x570 motherboards have fans on them?
Small fans make a horrific white noise.

The new chipset consumes 15W of power as opposed to 5w before.

3200 Mhz CL 14 b die since that is what I used with my ryzen 2600. I can OC that to whatever AMD said was ideal pretty easily.

Is it true B350 board don't support XFR2?
I was planning to just replace my 1600 with a 3700X, but if there's a 10% performance loss because of no XFR2 there's no point

Most 9900k will overclock to 5ghz fairly easily tho, so what's the point?

It's just a binned 9900K, if it doesn't hit 5GHz all core OC, it ain't a KS.

you will be overclocking the ram. All ddr4 is clocked at 2133MHz out of the box, and you have to manually set it (overclock it) to the rated clock in the bios. Also known as XMP. I wouldn't shoot all the way for 3600MHZ just out of cost saving measures, and I think the return diminishes quite a bit after around 3200MHz. I'm currently running R7 2700x with gigabyte rtx 2070 gaming white and 16GB 3000MHz and I'm pretty happy with the performance I'm getting.

Most, not all. Besides, the 9900KS will have a higher shot at getting a better OC beyond 5GHz since it's binned higher.

This is intel's answer to the Zen2 release. Take it or leave it.

>If going for a 9900k, buy a 9900KS. Guaranteed 5GHz out of the box
Every 9900K does 5.0 out of the box
KS is $550 and K just $450-$480
KS - is just a factory OC it's not even a better bin.

Get B450 now, wait for B550 and change it then, selling the old board, probably the best case scenario, since next gen motherboards should have a different socket and DDR5

Honestly for me even if AMD beats intel on raw numbers I like the way Intel CPUs run games. Feels more authentic over Another Massive Disappointment

KillSelf
Either a jab at the buyer or a warning on the power usage/heat it generates

Yeah, how could we live without the Intel™ patented stutters

> There's a good chance I would get a new graphics card in about 5 /6 years

You might want to upgrade CPU at that time as well. DDR5 RAM should be standard at that time, and PCI 5.0 comes in 2021 (or 2022?).

Buying for PCI 4.0 right now as an average consumerfag is retarded.

Ok thanks for the info, very important info that too.

Ah, what AMD users usually do after looking at the benchmarks ;^), I hear ya *wink wink* They have to have fans on their motherboards now too lmao.