Ryzen just got 0.3 Ghz faster

New bios patch allows Ryzen to boost to 4.6. Seems reviewers will have to redo the benchmarks since most motherboards had issues preventing the chips from boosting correctly.

Intel actually dead.

twitter.com/andreif7/status/1148170909322293248

Attached: 1561058297617.png (240x286, 123K)

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/14525/amd-zen-2-microarchitecture-analysis-ryzen-3000-and-epyc-rome/3
overclock.net/forum/10-amd-cpus/1728758-strictly-technical-matisse-not-really.html
youtube.com/watch?v=WXbCdGENp5I&t=200
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Intel is now even deader than dead. Most deadestest company in the world.

All the benchmarks done yesterday also use the pre-new scheduler chipset drivers and BIOSes.
The new scheduler was released yesterday and works on 1903 Windows builds now, this is a huge boost on 3900X, specially with the new patch.

AYYMD FUCKING HOUSEFIRE FOR KIDS FROM /v/ BTFO

when the fuck is the 1903 build coming out? Im still on 1809 with a 2400G

>Ryzen just got 0.3 Ghz faster
>The wall just got 10 feet higher

Attached: 104899030.gif (480x264, 1.54M)

>4.5 single core boost
>advertised is 4.6
Nice false advertisement right there. See you in court lisa

>Product hasn't changed
>24 hours since release
>Boosts to 4.6
C O P E
O
P
E

Hahahah, giving Intel fanbois some slimmer of hope of their CPUs being better at some odd task or another even if at triple the price only to proceed to utterly crush them with a new AGESA release.
Well played, AMD.
Intel fanbois confirmed on suicide watch.

Attached: 1542130240435.png (700x991, 954K)

Shit like this is why I'm going to wait with my purchase a few weeks to avoid early adopter problems.

I literally just came in my pants. That 5% win for Intel in gaming is about to become 0%. Or maybe even 5% in favor of AMD.

Attached: imouto.png (172x295, 46K)

Fuck MSI, even the x570s get fucking 2009-tier BIOS UI instead of click bios.
Worse because this means it will be another month before B450s get the better boosting chipset drivers. Right now the biggest headache iI'm having is getting the bios to set my ram timings properly.

Attached: ryzen-3000-20190705-1.png (960x400, 345K)

>AMD on par with Intel in benchmarks while having bettere price/performance ratio
>benchmarks probably done with the gimped BIOS
Jesus fuck, with the Navi price reduction and then this how is AMD not actually playing some advanced 4D chess?

This.
I sincerely hope AMD gets hit with a class action lawsuit.
I like that they are trying to challenge Intel, but I can't root for them when they pull shit like this.

>MSI
I think I might have found your problem desu.

It's literally a bios issue. it will be resolved once the bios updates and you'll get back the missing performance

Sweet Jesus that is one bloated bios

Dr Su, you can stop now. This is too much.

Attached: chrome_2019-05-14_16-16-56.png (221x317, 116K)

Even anandtech fucked up. Don't think user is entirely to blame.
At least its not Gigabyte.

Does that bios stream YouTube videos and let you log into Facebook as well?

>Was sandbagging your own chip part of your plan?
>Of course!

Attached: 1561834609880.png (814x941, 570K)

If it did, then more people would be complaining.
But instead it does boring things like OC profiles, negative offset voltage, and much better boost clock performance so no one cares, least of all the manufacturer.

anandtech.com/show/14525/amd-zen-2-microarchitecture-analysis-ryzen-3000-and-epyc-rome/3
>Clock Ramping

>For any of our users familiar with our Skylake microarchitecture deep dive, you may remember that Intel introduced a new feature called Speed Shift that enabled the processor to adjust between different P-states more freely, as well as ramping from idle to load very quickly – from 100 ms to 40ms in the first version in Skylake, then down to 15 ms with Kaby Lake. It did this by handing P-state control back from the OS to the processor, which reacted based on instruction throughput and request. With Zen 2, AMD is now enabling the same feature

>AMD already has sufficiently more granularity in its frequency adjustments over Intel, allowing for 25 MHz differences rather than 100 MHz differences, however enabling a faster ramp-to-load frequency jump is going to help AMD when it comes to very burst-driven workloads, such as WebXPRT (Intel’s favorite for this sort of demonstration). According to AMD, the way that this has been implemented with Zen 2 will require BIOS updates as well as moving to the Windows May 10th update, but it will reduce frequency ramping from ~30 milliseconds on Zen to ~1-2 milliseconds on Zen 2. It should be noted that this is much faster than the numbers Intel tends to provide.

>The technical name for AMD’s implementation involves CPPC2, or Collaborative Power Performance Control 2, and AMD’s metrics state that this can increase burst workloads and also application loading. AMD cites a +6% performance gain in application launch times using PCMark10’s app launch sub-test.
tech journalists are fucking retarded.

I'm literally right now looking outside and see how people are throwing away Intel cpus right from windows.

Livestream when faggot?

As soon as you understand obvious shitposts.

What, you're saying it can actually deliver its specs performance now? WOW such achievment!

Woot, I'm on 1903 already and I have an FX-6300. You may want to download the updater and do it manually.

? Are you mental?
And fucks up and when they try to clean up their mess you praise them?

How's that intel cpu treating you?

Attached: 1534776370368.jpg (1906x1536, 863K)

They won't. They didn't compare Intel cpus with foreshadow and mds mitigation patches applied. Why would they do a fair comparison?

i went ham yesterday on here trolling amd and making memes because of their less than anticipated gaming results, but if they can actually make it so ryzen 3000 clock up to 4.5-4.6 ghz (without housefire voltages) I'll gladly stop trolling/join the intel copeposting.

>try to clean up their mess
I can only see better prices for consumers here, user.

Is it a specific KB? Can it be applied to an LTSC release?

If I remember correctly LTSC doesn't get the fixed scheduler etc until the next major LTSC release which sucks because I am also on LTSC but want to ditch my Swiss cheese CPU already.

Max safe voltage is 1.325 for zen 2
How many reviewers had it past that? Lmao

>it's literally a bios issue

you mean that AMD probably lied to push clocks in their favor? who woulda thunk.

I'd be surprised if any did. Heat becomes an issue far sooner than voltage. I've read one guy having it undervolted to 1.2V and still running into heat issues on OC.

The voltage scaling is not a BIOS issue, it is architectural. Nothing in the Zen family is designed to clock super high, Zen2 included.
TheStilt has an extensive write up explaining this all.
overclock.net/forum/10-amd-cpus/1728758-strictly-technical-matisse-not-really.html

Samsung's 14LPP didn't limit clocks with Zen1.
TSMC's HPC track of their 7nm FinFET isn't limiting clocks with Zen1.
This is nothing but critical path timing being the culprit.

Are you just pretending to be retarded?

Attached: 1554311894198.png (1496x950, 55K)

Honestly hard to tell but I always assume they just are that retarded and not just some pathetic cunt fishing for (You)s.

1.325v is the maximum safe voltage for high current loads.
For low current load the silicon can take up to 1.47v, which it needs for those peak XFR states.

The issue is that there is basically no overclocking headroom now, and even if you OC to manually boost all core clocks, you're massively losing out on single thread frequency. Theres no way to win with overclocking Zen2.

N-N-N-NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: oyvey.png (354x504, 129K)

You could raise the package power tracking and thermal design current if you've got beefy VRM and see if the auto OC can make some use of it, but it's unlikely that you'll gain much, at a tradeoff of much greater power consumption and heat.

I'm probably going to buy a 3700x in a few months but damn, does every AMD product have to launch this way? They can never release something that just works, have to wait and wait and wait until some patch comes out to unfuck their shit.

You say that like early adopters aren't often fuck when it comes to tech.

What's the cause of the dips at 2.8 GHz? Thermal?

Welcome to early tech adoption: Fucking don't.
If you buy shit on release you only got yourself to blame. Companies have since over a decade released following the motto release now, maybe fix later, marketing will fix it in the mean time.

>he doesn't remember USB bugs, instruction sets being disabled, and entire product lines being made EOL after just two months from intel
AMD doesn't have worse product launches than anyone else. Other companies just have better PR, and more media outlets are afraid of speaking ill of them for fear of losing sponsorships, like with Apple.

Probably returning to idle as the workload stopped or paused briefly there.

It is testing how fast it boosts from idle

Still not 4.6, my lawyer Goldbergersteinovitz will fuck your goyim ass up!

>muh magic bios
AMDrones COPE

How is it magic if it already exists?

Magic is like 10nm Intel parts.

Magic is intel gaining 18% IPC in Winzip by making a simple cache loop and pretending like its some new amazing core design.

>tech journalists are fucking retarded.
Could you explain? I don't know what's that about.

Thanks, user, that's quite the interesting read.

> The biggest limit is the intensity (heat per area), secondly the voltage you can safely feed to the silicon. For example, the 9900K which has a reputation of being an inferno, has theoretical intensity of ~1.15W/mm2 when operating at 5.0GHz (200W @ 174mm2).
> Meanwhile Matisse can easily reach intensity of > 1.5W/mm2 (120W+ @ 74mm2). The second issue is, that beyond ~3.8GHz the V/F curve becomes extremely steep. According to FIT, the safe voltage levels for the silicon are around 1.325V in high-current loads.

Lisa Su is literally powering up the oven.

Attached: pooh favorite day.png (600x754, 344K)

it's amds new clock boost features. amd can only enable it through bios updates, but for some reason none of the tech journalists who reviewed the new cpus and complained about the look frequencies they were achieving bothered to look into the problem.

>frimware
professional reviews

>click bios

this, but unironically. watch amd get out of this whole fiasco with "w-well, you CAN reach those speeds, but we didn't specify what kind of cooling solution you need for that. No, your warranty is completely void if you kill your cpu by using voltages that are needed to hit those clockspeeds"

>low frequencies*

What fiasco you fucking retard?

>No, your warranty is completely void if you kill your cpu by using voltages that are needed to hit those clockspeeds
kek, i'd bet my left testicle that steve killed his cpu by simply trying to reach those advertised frequencies. It's not that he's a novice who can't benchmark shit, it's that he's gullible and falls too easily for corporate dishonesty.

Attached: 1555706151162.jpg (1080x967, 55K)

The shills grasping at straws fiasco of 2019.

youtube.com/watch?v=WXbCdGENp5I&t=200

Attached: waitforryzen4000.jpg (1167x709, 273K)

>but for some reason none of the tech journalists who reviewed the new cpus and complained about the look frequencies they were achieving bothered to look into the problem.

Well, what was to be expected of tech
> journalists

I wouldn't be surprised if Intel stirred up shit in that direction, all while still selling Swiss silicon cheese.

Attached: speed holes.png (500x382, 300K)

>The shills grasping at straws fiasco of 2019.

Attached: 1550823952473.jpg (359x335, 8K)

>intel claiming retarded TDP numbers that have absolutely no connection with reality
FUCKING TEL AVIV HOUSEFIRE FUCK INTEL
>amd claiming retarded frequencies that are literally impossible to hit unless you're using ln2
MATHER FACK YOU SHUDRA BADRI U GRASP AT STRAWS, IT'S ONLY LITTLE LIE, NO BIG LIE!!!111

Attached: lawsuit.jpg (1399x1226, 608K)

>calling UEFI "click bios"

Bet they call the CPU "click engine"

GSE Lite looks much better

I don't give a fuck, as long it has everything I need. Also navigating with keys is faster

>you'll get back the missing
I think he doesn't even own a desktop.

Attached: 1558217651642.png (868x958, 258K)

Chode

Attached: pajeet.jpg (900x900, 74K)

They probably needed to remove the cute dragon bitmap to fit support into 16MB.

>intel releases bios update to fix yet another security issue
>10-20% decrease in performance
>amd releases bios update for god knows what reason
>free 0.3ghz upgrade

This isn't a "fiasco", retard. Litterally no one, not even you, will be talking about this a week from now. Here's your (you).

Attached: BasedAMD.png (800x804, 602K)

Months from now
>He-heh. Remember that one day where a couple boards had a minor BIOS issue and had their peak boost state 200mhz lower than normal?
>AMD BTFO

We both know this is bound to happen. Shitposting knows no limits.

>already fixed

Attached: 3.jpg (1133x720, 52K)

That's obviously not what I'm referring too, shithead.
Being overly greedy with their gpu prices and then being so dumb to announce them a month prior to launch, just so nvidia could force them to admit that they could have given us lower prices from the start. That's embarrassing.
Then releasing your highly anticipated cpu's and not being competent enough to release performance inhancing fixes everyone knew about for weeks before the launch. Instead the launch benchmarks are all worse than they should be. The scheduler fix would help gayming massively and actually hitting your boost frequencies will show the cpu even better in single core tasks. But amd was not capable of addressing this until two days after the launch. Seriously what the fuck?

How big do you think AMD is?

we'll be talking about this at least for a year, until poozen 4000 launches, retard.

really makes you think
If AMD's software department wasn't retarded and Microsoft wasn't receiving Intel bux to gimp the Ryzen scheduler, how much more performance could they get? We may never know.

Well I'm a shareholder so I think I have a pretty decent idea of their size.
Making sure the already existing scheduler update is used before the launch shouldn't be too much to ask. And making sure your cpu's actually reach the clockspeeds on the box should be done weeks in advance of the launch.
Thats just incompetence they are showing.

I'm not sure Intel needs to pay off Microsoft. Incompetence is one of their core competencies.

Just use Education.

Intel probably writes most of the kernel anyway.

kek

My little user can't be this cute.

Attached: 1562475879187.png (1520x1064, 308K)

Is it worth to upgrade from a fx?

YES JUST BUY GOYIM YOU NEED ONE

Yes, this is the first generation that is.
If you really want you could probably wait for zen2+

Education still has the same problems as Home and Pro. LTSC is the only sane choice.

>zen2+
No such thing. Milan is already on track and that's Zen 3.

Only 73C? Shit got about 20C of headroom there.

Education is just enterprise under a different name
It’s different to pro and home

No it isn't. Originally Enterprise was rebranded Enterprise but since 1709 it has changed and has a lot of missing features compared to LTSC/Enterprise.

Ah good old AMD Just Wait™, never disappoints