Cloud software

Since Dropbox is now limiting number of computers per user, what is the best Dropbox alternative according to Jow Forums? Preferably open-source and with a local network sync. Nextcould or Syncthing?

Attached: DropBoxError509_1-580x498.jpg (580x498, 41K)

bump

Why the FUCK would you use dropbox?!

Some people aren’t mentally retarded and encrypt their files before uploading them to a cloud storage provider

I have used Mega for 6 years and it is doing the job for me.
I have also used Syncthing locally for a while and it is working good.

Attached: mega-icon-logo-png-transparent.png (2400x2400, 89K)

Yea but this one is extremly vile.

Redpill me on nextcloud. Seems like a meme if I just want to use it solo.

Syncthing is trash. It creates hidden files everywhere, sucks at resolving conflicts (as in can't do it), and the pairing process is pants-on-head retarded.

Once I had a genuine bug regarding hidden files between Windows and Linux and made a well-detailed posted breaking down the issue on their GIT issue tracker. Apparently the issue was related to some retarded decision that they made regarding where they save sync options to (they store options per-directory). One of the developers got mad since I assume he was in favor of doing it per-directory and my bug-report came from his stupid decision.
He got mad that I included too many details and that I should stop posting and "wasting their time" since they'd investigate on their own.

NeXTCloud has never given me any trouble.

Attached: Screenshot_20190628-171219_Magia_Record.png (2560x1440, 1.14M)

It's your own google/1/Dropbox drive.
How is it a "meme", reddit?

care to post the link to the issue?

I have Syncthing running on a RPi. It works pretty well.

How secure is Mega’s encryption?

Damn, wanted to try Syncthing.

>He got mad that I included too many details and that I should stop posting and "wasting their time" since they'd investigate on their own
I need to see that issue immediately. I refuse to believe people are actually that retarded holy shit.

Does Nextcloud have LAN sync?

No but if you want / need it you should look into Pydio as that might be better suited to your needs.

I like Mega a lot too. It has worked great for me. Sync/cloud storage across all my devices (gaming PC, htpc, phone, tablet, and media server). Worked great on Windows, Ubuntu, and Android. rclone mount on Ubuntu means doesn't even eat into drive space on the server (although have more than enough anyway) with minimal caching. Haven't had any reason to move. Could use Syncthing if wanted alternative solution but then wouldn't have an offsite backup that's not on one of my own machines.

Attached: download.jpg (292x172, 8K)

I used Mega for a looong time but switched over to Nextcloud hosted on a VPS for about 2 months now. Mega was nice but they have a download cap of 5 gigs/IP per 24 hours iirc.

I used to use seafile, got tired of worrying about upgrading it or managing it incase anything went wrong. Decided to just go for it and use google drive, I already pay for it for other reasons and the stuff I want to sync is

I'm thinking about setting up a vserver with Seafile right now, is there really that much administrative overhead?

Not really, but upgrading was always a manual process from what I remember and it has to be done in sequential order. Files are not stored on disk in a format that's easily retrievable so if it borks and you don't have a state to revert to you are not going to be happy.

Setup and configuration isn't that bad, and they provide most configurations for you (such as a config for apache/nginx if you're serving this behind something else).

Jesus fucking Christ I looked it up you need to upgrade through every version in between to get to the latest so I couldn't even set up automatic unattended upgrades.

Yep ... this is one of the turn offs that finally just made me stop giving a shit. You have to do every upgrade in between sequentially.

Look at filerun. I briefly looked at it and I was impressed and it was easy to setup, just run the docker container, point it at a directory with the proper volume mount and you're pretty much done.

Yeah I totally get why you'd ditch it after a while, didn't think upgrading would be that bad, guess I can just spare myself the trouble of even testing it if that's how upgrades are done..
I'll definitely look into filerun, thanks for the tip.