How do I install it on a modern PC? I'm sick of modern spyware and bloat

How do I install it on a modern PC? I'm sick of modern spyware and bloat

Attached: maxresdefault(2).jpg (1280x720, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/rn10950/RetroZilla/releases/
youtube.com/watch?v=KFEpHEXBCbA
youtube.com/watch?v=WMzXjCx81A4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Buy Windows XP

> tech has gotten so bad zoomers are looking into windows 98.

Attached: depositioned.jpg (900x675, 60K)

then use linux. old windows are fun because of nostalgia and messing with old tech but they are shit operating systems. you will run windows programs better on wine than old windows versions.

Look into PRISM and realize that Microsoft puts spyware into everything they produce.

Download your Linux distribution of choice and install Chicago95

Attached: 175835-1(2).png (1440x900, 228K)

unironically the best classic windows experience

>I want old spyware and bloat!
these LARPing zoomers I swear to god

Attached: tenor.gif (220x220, 9K)

*crashes to bsod*
*corrupts install*

try linux + fvwm95. Ejnoy.

New spyware are too hard to remove....... not even with a YouTube tutorial you can remove it...
A big pain in the ass....

Gnome :(

absolute zoomer dog shit.

does it come with blue screens also?

Get xubuntu and install chicago95 like the other fag, wine can run all your windows software

Isn't it interesting that we live in an era where a pc with 2 generation old os will get itself killed on the internet

>Using Gnome in 2019
Retard

dont listen to all these idiots kid.
you have a few options
- install MX linux, it doesnt have systemd spyware
- install a really old ubutu/mint before systemd
- install an old windows 7 and dont touch updates, but get some antivirus like threatfire thatd discontinued and wont spy on you
- install windows xp.

Start by downgrading to 512 MB RAM. Win98 starts to fuck up with more than that.

Because Win98 doesn't contain spyware and isn't very bloated apart from Active Desktop which you can turn off.

you don't.

t. ukrainian carder

lol

KEK

You wouldn't install this, unless you're a tech. sadist. Win2k would be the oldest workable version. If you really want a challenge, shoot for NT. If you hate yourself, try Win95, but look for a version with built-in USB support.

Windows 98SE tip toes the line between usable and unusable as a DD. You'll be limited to 1GB of RAM max, and github.com/rn10950/RetroZilla/releases/ is the best browser available, as it supports TLS 1.2. Opera 12 or something like that is an option as well. You should be relatively safe if you connect to the internet behind a router with a firewall, but I still wouldn't feel safe doing on line banking or anything like that. Is it viable? Technically, yes. Is it practical? Absolutely fucking not. Install OpenBSD or GNU/Linux.

Ancient spyware and bloat was much cooler.

why do toddlers worship windows 9x like they think it was the only operating system that existed back then, it was trash
at least use a proper operating system like NT

>github.com/rn10950/RetroZilla/releases/ is the best browser availabl
Not even fucking close
With Kernel Ex installed you can have Firefox 11 or Opera 12.52 installed. Opera gets you (almost) full HTML5 support and TLS 1.2 support.
You'd be amazed at the shit you can run on 98se.

While the browsers you listed may have better site compatibilty, I believe Retrozilla has had security patches backported. Correct me if I'm wrong.

There's a patch you can pirate for support up to 4GB without the OS shitting itself.

I think there was an japanese guy putting out unofficial Win 98 service packs up until something like 2013 before disappearing.

>that font
yikes

what should i use ill use whatever you recommend

kugee managed to install perfectly working W98 on a modern PC with sound and video drivers, check his video for some ideas

I have done this, and I am here to tell you to not fucking do this, unless you're willing to learn the ins and outs of the registry, learn Pajeet Tier C# and spend hours pouring over making Drivers and Codecs work, it isn't fucking worth it.
The install will go fucking great but you'll have to set a myriad of stupid fucking parameters and teach it what the fuck to do with a terabyte hardrive.
Just get some fucking Linux distro and grab one of the thousands of theme kits and go through that painstaking install any ways.
It is not fucking worth it.

Alternatively get XP or Vista, I personally preferred Vista, but you'll hear most people preach XP.

Won't run on most modern hardware, OP. Best you run Linux and theme it as Win98.

ITT: zooomers react to windows 98

Here you go.

>hooks up serial modem
>dials that shit up
>gets half way through loading a page in IE5
>crashes
ah, that takes me right the fuck back

>New spyware are too hard to remove....... not even with a YouTube tutorial you can remove it...
>A big pain in the ass....

Attached: glacesipfull.png (663x731, 269K)

Jesus Christ freetards, your entire existance for three decades has been based on ripping proprietary software off - and even after all that practice, this is the best you can do?

XP Integral Edition is pre-activated, has all updates and most drivers for modern hardware baked into the install process, a lot of included themes, depecrated XP bloat removed (like MSN Messenger), and has basics pre-included (like modern browsers that still work on XP 32)

If there was something Windows 98 was known for it was avoiding bloat and spyware.

I mean holy shit I still have PTSD from Windows before the NT Kernel. So many fucking BSODs holy fuck.

Attached: 300px-Bonzi_Buddy.png (300x250, 69K)

>get a mobo with VIA chipset that supports 8gb of ram
>get sound blaster live (with drive to be cool)
>make a minimal installation of win98 (with 512mb ram installed)
>update it
>install drivers, browsers (arachne is nice), some useful programs for music and dvd/bd movies
>make ms-dos live cd but also copy your hdd onto it
>also copy XMSDSK onto your "live cd" (to make ramdisk)
>add full 8gb ram
>boot your ms-dos live cd
>configure XMSDSK to create 7,5 GB C:\ ramdrive
>copy whole cd onto newly created ramdrive
>win

shit's fast

I mean, I don't go back to win98, but I for sure prefer older OS instead of Win 10 that killed my hdds.

youtube.com/watch?v=WMzXjCx81A4

Even South Park hated windows 98.

Vista was a piece of shit that was noticeably slower than our XP running computers at the time.

When we had 98 it was in safe mode 90% of the time because we didn't even know why it came up in the first place. 98 suffered from user naivety. We seem to have come a long way from that. Naivety still exists, but it was computer breaking in the 90s because viruses and the new OS features were so new to many people (some of whom were buying their first PC ever).

>no support at all no firewall/system updates >ancient tech
install noobuntu and accept the change

agree, modern spyware are a pain in the ass.....

Was there any built in security vulnerabilities in 98? The internet wasn't new by that stage. At that stage I guess MS were more worried about the computer working at all.

I have feels for this. I want WindowsXP on a modern PC (circa 2015) but can't find the drivers that'll make the thing even boot.
Your only two options right now are VM or buying old hardware that still have the drivers out there to make it work.

keep in mind this was back when people didn't have hardware firewalls, and windows didn't get a software one built in until XP SP2

>Implying this is the only way to run Linux

Dude. There are thousands of interfaces you can have on Linux that doesn't even resemble Windows.

VBScripts in office products and virus spreading by email often disguised as flash animation

basicly clckbait for retards

Install ReactOS.

Imagine it as win98 with more features.
It can use BTRFS and ext2 for example.

Yeah it's not like the viruses and worms that caused the most damage were spawned in that time period and still leave a legacy of causing the most damage in dollars even to this day.

Fucking retarded zoomers I swear to god.

you can get additional sata controller for pcie (like SiI 3132) and force it to boot

Built in vulnerabilities, not 3rd party built viruses, etc.

You have no idea what you are talking about you illiterate monkey.

>what is malware built in the system for data collection and government services

>being a conspiracy nut
I sure would have loved seeing you grow with Windows98 and randomly getting your computer infected and fucked forever because LOL THIS VULNERABILITY FUCKS YOUR COMPUTER WITHOUT YOU DOING ANYTHING!

You are a fucking retard and a tech illiterate, because smart conspiracy nuts go for Linux, not retarded and deprecated Windows versions.

Prism isn't a conspiracy theory you fucking nigger.

Attached: 3fe0fe5b5b30b6546b52914316a067fe0813eb0e7be788fc3f70581d1eebfe3a.jpg (570x856, 68K)

His channel is pure autism. I love it.

Become enlightened

Attached: scrot.jpg (1920x1080, 294K)

XP Server / Workstation bc >>> 98 crashes on the hour, antivirus eats performance, drivers scarce

"It is now safe to turn off your computer"

Would never a 98 box these days

I wish reactos gained some traction.

Same poster
But I will admit w98 I knew inside out. I could fix anything with that OS. I was an early pioneer of dual monitors. Ppl were like "woah"

It's now safe to turn off your brain

(hard times)

What is wine? i use a linux machine at home, but im forced to use windows at work.

Search youtube, I would install a server/pos version of Windows/whatever with virtual machine/hypervisor support then strip it of everything unnecessary and lock it down. Take the time to read how to set up and configure the host, virtual machines, and guest os.
You do everything in virtual machines and leave the os installed on hardware just for running vms and as shared files.

is bloatware killing my CPU?

Attached: overheat.png (569x412, 19K)

ACKSHULLY Windows XP shipped with a built-in firewall before the service packs, but it was turned off by default.

Leave him be, he's an ignorant boomer.

Sh-Shut Up!

Attached: 27404-anime-windows-vista-business-1920x1200-computer-wallpaper.jpg (1920x1200, 607K)