A new Bluetooth C-cassette player

THIS C-CASSETTE PLAYER is wireless.

kickstarter.com/projects/ninmlab/its-ok-the-worlds-first-bluetooth-50-cassette-player

C-cassette was miraculous invention.
It was now possible to listen to music where-ever, even if you was walking.

Try to carry a vinyl player with you, not so easy is it now?

But with C-cassette this became possible. Powered by a two AA batterise.

Sony Walkman is now 40 years old c-cassette player. Now Hongkongians have kicstarted a wireless c-cassetteplayer which you can carry around to listen to your old cassettes.

The player requires simply two AA batteries.
It will cost you 80 monies.
They said they will ship to Europe too, with the price of 20 for shipping therefore making total sum of 100 monies.

Attached: c-cassette.jpg (612x408, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

99go.com/item/10008545566
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>C-cassette
its just a cassette you fucking dolt

Does it have Dolby?

That's stupid, someone would then mistake it for VHS cassette

Attached: most common cassettes.jpg (1200x1200, 156K)

bluetooth audio sucks
who'd want a objectively worse product than some junk from the 80s

Cool. I love cassettes. Too bad they wear out though.

It's 300kpbs. Half the shit you're hearing in a cassette is the medium anyway.

I don’t want to live on this planet with these pondscum idiots

how come 90% of all kickstarter products are scams?

Attached: kickstarterscam.png (698x594, 328K)

>C-cassette
I legit thought you were stuttering.

Op is a c-c-cuckold

no one would retard.
>hey, I got that new coldplay cassette, its rad, wanna listen?
>wait, do you mean c-cassette or VHS cassette?

what if he has severe autism but not the high functioning kind?

easy money

>50K scammed from morons. Jesus Christ.

then he can fuck off
>morons
you mean reddit

>C-CASSETTE
I L-LOVE C-CASSETTES T-TOO, A-user...

>bluetooth audio streaming on AA batteries

No

Attached: 5557537+_5f19e5aee64d87f02d06c4420dc11a48.jpg (488x488, 24K)

>no mention of cassette mechanism
Every modern player has a shit mechanism that sounds horrible. Nobody makes good cassette mechanisms anymore. You're better off just buying a vintage Walkman and replacing the belt if it's turned to goo.
>Classic Monaural Sound
Oh my fucking god...

And? That's like 400 hours of playback.

They're called compact cassettes.

i want to nakadashi the chink hipster

Attached: itsok.png (294x363, 185K)

How is that a scam?

You're mixing up several eras in an attempt to be funny. Stop.

They appear to be taking a generic cheapo tape player that goes for $12 on Amazon, adding a Bluetooth chip, slapping a logo on it, selling it for a lot more, and somehow blowing $50K on developing what would otherwise be an afternoon DIY project.

If you're going to do this, at least to it right instead of trying to chink your product as much as possible.

The goat tape player is till this:
99go.com/item/10008545566

Attached: WM-EX808.jpg (1500x997, 173K)

That's not a scam, that's smart.
You think your taiwan monitor cost $500 to make?

More than connecting wired headphones. Sure.

>99go
This website doesn't look at all questionable
>[ Has a ] Sony WM-EX808HG stainless steel chassis Liang Ji , worthy collection of model forever
Who is Liang Ji and why does he have a stainless steel chassis?
>guRo bby PingaPIN
Do what, now?

it only plays type 1 cassettes and its mono. nothing else.

do you think the 12$ cassette player took 12$ to make?
also buying a product and selling it for 4 times the price under a different name and somehow pocketing 50k beforehand is a literal scam though

Bluetooth is like a 10ma. 2 double AA is 6000mah. do the math Einstein.

Who cares about the website? It has HQ pictures of that walkman, I'm not telling you to buy it from there.

I don't think you understand what a scam is.
If you don't like the price go make your own.

B-but PINGAPIN UBBYPIN GUPIN GAPING GURO BBY

op's english is cute, this is meant as an actual compliment not a critisism, the wording changes made it fun to read i wish sometimes people would sortof put some personality like this into their less formal writings

as for the cassette player i'm interested but i think its too expensive and i would rather have a portable cd player that can rip to sd card on itself, maybe even burn disks, maybe even play audio or data dvds and obviously play sd or internal flash mp3/flac in addition to the cds, and bluetooth of course as well and maybe some fancy kind of new design, or at least somehthing similar to late 2000s sony and pana

fuck off chinks.

Attached: dfsdfs1.jpg (1024x1365, 206K)

bluetooth is gay. i want it all in, no losses, plug the cable, big boy

fuck that, I want Schiit audio to release their turn table already and I would love for someone to make a new SACD transport

>schiit audio
found the cuck

What was that? Shit audio?

>the same garbage-tier chink cassette player that's in every other "throwback" audio device
>give it bluetooth and a colorful shell and sell it for $80

Attached: 1551954795642.jpg (1247x810, 138K)

There's a reason why these are obsolete. This is in essence paying 80k for a horse and buggy,, when you can get a 300HP bmw for same or lesser price.

Oh yeah dont forget the shipping to get your horse and buggy to Yurop.

Sure. 400 hours of playback.

still have a late aiwa one and a xk-s 7000.

>sent from iPhone Xs Max 512 GB

Attached: 1509893107522.jpg (778x788, 68K)

>now I can listen to my a e s t h e t i c vaporwave cassette collection with my apple airpods!
>sent from my nokia 3310

Wrong, it’s pic and I have two of them. Both still work great.

Oops, can’t post pic on mobile. WM-6C.

this is absolutely retarded. shit casette quality vs flac loseless audio.

flac file is still digital. cassette is analog. good cassette in a good player is superior. you cant spot the difference for shit, and a cassette player is way more painful to deal with these days, but technically speaking you are very wrong.

also if you record the playback of that FLAC to tape you end up with a much higher quality recording than any commercially produced cassette, including digitally-mastered tapes.
cassette can easily sound bad but they can also sound very good. Better than digital? Nah, but magnetic tape accentuates certain ranges of frequencies that make the sound meatier, while cutting extremely high frequencies thereby increasing the perception of smoothness.

>and a cassette player is way more painful to deal with these days

maybe if you have a bunch of them
they aren't hard to clean or restore unless they are super gimmicky or something and they all sound pretty good, even the "shit" ones.
the cheap ones have shit amps and poor build quality just like cell phones and mp3 players and every other personal music player since the dawn of time.
they only eat tapes if you neglect them for years and the rollers get sticky with tape oxide. a quick scrub on the rollers, capstan and head with an alcohol-soaked q-tip is all most of them need. cheap rubber drive belts break too, but unlike the '80s you can buy a huge pack of assorted belts off the internet and have it shipped to your house next day.

it's less of a hassle to fix a desktop computer, honestly, and that's how I make a living.

Attached: DSCN3108.jpg (1095x821, 312K)

>less of a hassle than fixing a desktop computer

fixed

Attached: IMG_20180730_160705534_HDR.jpg (1225x919, 278K)

>cassettes player with 5 dollar Bluetooth.
>not using lithium-ion
>chargine 80 bucks

fucking garbage.

How long will a cassette usually last before noticeable degradation if played in a decent, but still consumer grade deck?

can just buy lithium AAs but agreed

this tape player is from 1987 and came with a rechargeable battery as well as an external AA caddy. They did it then, they could do it now. I've actually been scheming how to fit a BT audio module in the battery cavity but looks like the chinamen beat me to it.

Attached: IMG_20180730_160921123_HDR.jpg (689x919, 123K)

long enough you will probably get bored of the music that is on it before you notice it starting to fail.
however some golden ears audiophools say you can hear a difference by the second play that the higher frequencies have been muffled ever so slightly, and I can sort of confirm that with a kind of crappy old tape and a cheap deck that this might be the case, but on a reasonable consumer grade deck and using quality tapes you would have to play that entire tape hundreds of times to actually notice the loss in high frequencies or cause it any damage that couldn't be rerecorded. I have a Chumbawumba - Tubthumper tape I damaged in a very old '60s tape player that had a magnetized head, I was able to rerecord the entire album back onto the original cassette using a torrented FLAC rip and it sounds pretty good still.

basically don't play your tapes in very very old or neglected decks and you will be a-ok.

Depends entirely on how often it is played, and how it is stored, what it is made out of, and how it was mastered for casette (Dolby, etc). I have plenty of tapes from the 80s that sound great still; I have many recent tapes that sound like ass. You can't license Dolby noise reduction anymore, and no modern players can license it for playback either.

it's hard to give a good estimate because it depends on the tapes, their age, how much they've been used, how they're stored and the temperature when they are being played.
best case scenario on a clean deck with a pristine head inside at normal room temperature on like a TDK SA, you might actually get thousands of plays out of it.
that cellophane tape with magnet dust on it they sell at wal-mart to hipsters who saw gotg will probably snap the instant it's played after sitting in a hot car all day.

a good deck is just very gentle and a good tape spins freely and has thick oxide made of small particles. you don't need a nakamichi dragon or some wacky pro-level tape formulation, just stuff that doesn't suck and the same care you use with every other musical media format.

No because no one called it a vhs cassette, it was a VHS tape! Cassette cause it was smaller and for cassette players!

This is literally what Walmart does to Americans every day.

it sounds like a stutter
i'm calling it c-cassette from now on

What are you on about? Walmart's business model is small margins made up in volume.

Cassette was the worst era on the history of audio
>not even analog signal, completely digital like any media file you can hear on your phone, but with the differnce that its absolutely shit for storage and degrades over time
>needed to rewind them shits
>shit storage density and loads of cash in investment to even make your own tapes and listen to what you actually wanted
>same size as diskman after considering the player, but shittier in every other way, no wonder it was dropped asap
At least vinyl has thecadvantage of being analog and thus enticing to boomer retards, but tape has literally no positive whatsoever

>If you're really THAT nostalgic about c-cassetes.

Attached: dah1024.jpg (1024x689, 141K)

>carpenters literally just take wood and some tools to make furniture. You're just paying an up charge for them to do work for you. A DIYer with sufficient expertise could do it for cheaper!

No shit retart

You need to quit believing everything the digital distribution industry says

using shitty, outdated technology doesn’t make you an interesting person.

This is directed at fags itt, CRT users, Linux ricers and staxfags.

can't wait to pop one of these bad boys in and just use a fucking phone

Attached: 51gSdQrofmL._SX679_.jpg (679x433, 25K)

>no dolby c (let alone dolby S)
>mono
it's shit

What's a good cassette player? I tried using my walkman and it's dead

>kickerstarter
kys

>Calling compact audio cassettes "c-cassettes"
>Not simply calling them audio cassettes
>Or music tapes
>Or ribbon disquettes

>ribbon disquettes
I kek'd

>thinking LCD, LED, and OLED are good
imagine letting yourself get brainwashed by the TV manufacturing industry

>Implying most casettes haven't already bitten the dust
What's the point?

>Hey I got this Billy joel cassette wanna listen?
>sorry I don't have my VHS player setup. I just got a laserdisk setup!

I looked up the Byron Statics on amazon and laughed at the description.
>sound QUALITY is pretty good.

like they don't even try to up sell the thing

Attached: 2019-07-08-235045_749x215_scrot.png (749x215, 61K)

This will literally only be bought by zoomers who weren't around before CD audio
Cassette is an awful format on so many levels and we were all glad to see it go

>implying I'm not driving around in golf 4 listening to cassetes

A less retarded analogy would be
>seller just takes prebuilt home and assembles it before the buyer can see. Then sells it as a custom mcmansion for a measly 200% markup.

It's pretty clear he doesn't instead to buy one. I doubt the intelligence of anyone on Jow Forums who would buy a $12 amazon cassette player for more than $12. Especially since it takes about 2 brain cells to solder a blutooth chip in.

Then again /csg/ will guzzle any cum as long as it's from Chang and gang.

is there any dead horse left that hipsters hasn't tried to bring back to life by beating it?

8 tracks

we just called it a video, or when dvd came out 'video tape'. there was no confusion since it was the leading format

is likely right. It's not really more than an afternoon project with a fixed case. Other than that I don't think there's much wrong with. Most people lack the capability to make it an afternoon project, a bit of nostalgia and a not completly terrible case seems like a fair trade off for the price. People here seem to forget that value isn't determined by material value but by supply and demand.

That's just retarded. Did you steal it from the audiophile threads?

>Try to carry a vinyl player with you, not so easy is it now?
>But with C-cassette this became possible.

Buit it doesn't play vinyls.

>not rechargable battery included

OOOOF

Does it even have a 3.5mm jack?
>bluetooth
great more fucking RF pollution to fuck with my router

>even if you was walking
be gone, nig

>THIS C-CASSETTE PLAYER is wireless.
Asians are so good at milking white retards dry of their money

Um it isn't a custom case. It's the same case as the $12 one on Amazon, with a cheap Bluetooth transmitter added. It's also worth noting that it has a poor mechanism and only plays in mono.

Did laserdisc ever come back? Laserdisc was cool.

>not a Bluetooth Cassetee Adapeder

>not etching grooves into a plastic tape and recording audio into that